Class of 2007- books and earliest dates to test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H0mersimps0n

HMO CRUSHER
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I have one more try to get those board scores up and want to know when the absolute earliest time I could take the COMLEX and USMLE II next year?

ALSO, it's pretty clear to me judging by how my class did that our school doesn't prepare us very well. Hence, I'm looking for a more comprehensive book to prepare me for step 2 beyond Crush Step 2 and First Aid. I was told by one of my friends that one of the Cecil books is great for more comprehensive foundational information but there are like 10 cecil books out there and I'm not sure which one will help me with Step 2 the most.

Any suggestions are most appreciated, thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend getting the MKSAP 2 for students put out by ACP to using during your IMED rotation or really any rotation. I think you should consider using Crush or Step 2 Secrets they are both by the same author and I think they are both excellent. Throw in USMLEworld for your qbank when it comes time to crack down. Do all of these questions and read crush/secrets and with the prep you get during third year with MKSAP, OB/GYN, Peds blueprints I think you will be set to smoke the exam. Remember that most students don't study near as hard for step II as I so if you bust your hump I think you can really raise your score.

I have one day to return my "Cecils Essentials" so I might add a separate post and delete this one if someone can't give me some thoughts on this book as a comprehensive source of good study material to help me get through step(s) II.

Thanks