Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i had an icelandic exchange student my junior year of high school so i spend a month in iceland getting to know her family the summer after my senior year. it is funny that multiple people have been there though since it's kind of a random place to go haha.

you hit up that nightlife?

Members don't see this ad.

Making it through my extremely long day of classes surprisingly got a lot better once I made it through the first 3.

I think I've found a class combination that works and will cause the least headaches. I'm going to take Microbial Physiology, which has a paper but it's short and on antibiotic resistance, which is one of my favorite topics in medicine.
just one paper? that's not bad.

you guys are making me look ridiculous. super easy course loads senior year. i was still carrying full load, multiple lab courses, paper-heavy courses, etc. then again, if you're going straight back to school, maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a slow year/semester

Members don't see this ad :)
38 minutes. what the bump?

hello from san diego, where we are experiencing something called 'rayne'? i guess thats why there are currently over 400+ accidents on the freeways...socal drivers!

Week 1
CIN favored by 3.0 over the NYJ
NWE favored by 3.5 over the BAL
DAL favored by 4.0 over the PHL
ARI favored by 3.0 over the GBP

Spurs: CIN, NWE, PHL, ARI = +1
guyski: CIN, BAL, PHL, ARI = +2
jackson: NYJ, BAL, DAL, GBP = +3
brooklyn: CIN, BAL, DAL, GBP = +2
bobsmitty: CIN, BAL, PHL, GBP = +1
scaper: NYJ, NWE, DAL, GPB = +2
FSAP: CIN NWE DAL ARI = +2
JJ: NYJ, NWE, PHL, GBP = +1
bleargh: CIN, NE, PHL, ARI = +1
BlueElmo: CIN, NE, DAL, GBP = +1
Sammich: NWE, NWE, NWE, NWE = Epic Fail
metallica: n/a=0
Pedie: n/a=0

Week 2
NOS favored by 7.0 over the ARI
IND favored by 6.5 over the BAL
MIN favored by 2.5 over the DAL
SDC favored by 8.0 over the NYJ

Spurs: ARI, BAL, DAL, SDC = 0
Scaper: NOS, BAL, DAL, NYJ = 4
BrooksBrothers: ARI, BAL, MIN, SDC = 2
bleargh: NOS, IND, MIN, SDC = 6
FSAP: ARI, IND, DAL, NYJ = 4
BlueElmo: NOS, IND, DAL, SDC = 4
guyski: ARI, BAL, DAL, SDC = 0
jackson: ARI, IND, DAL, NYJ = 4
bobsmith: ARI, IND, DAL, SDC = 2
metallica: NOS, IND, DAL, SDC = 4
Pedie: ARI, BAL, MIN, NYJ = 4
JJ: ARI, IND, MIN, SDC = 4

Week 3
IND favored by 8.0 over NYJ
NOS favored by 3.5 over MIN

OVERALL
bleargh = +7
Jackson = +7
Scaper = +6
FSAP = +6
JJ= +5
Blue = +5
bb = +4
metallica = +4
Pedie = +4
bobsmith = +3
guyski = +2
Spurs = +1

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

guyski: NYJ, MIN

OVERALL
bleargh = +7
Jackson = +7
Scaper = +6
FSAP = +6
JJ= +5
Blue = +5
bb = +4
metallica = +4
Pedie = +4
bobsmith = +3
guyski = +2
Spurs = +1

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was an interesting day. First of all, I haven't had time to eat anything but a smoothie. I'm hungry. I haven't even gotten to post!!! And I'm still in class.

Well, here's my story: At about 10:40 my phone starts blinking and says I have a voicemail. I'm, of course, in class so I have to wait an hour and a half to listen to it. I look at the number and I see that it's a Shreveport number. So I text a few people saying that I'm pretty sure LSU-S left me a voicemail and I can't listen. Among these people is my mother. Her response was amusing.

Me: Mommy, I think I have a voicemail from LSU-S on my phone. I wanna know what it says. Make class get over faster

Mom: I wish. Maybe they are telling you that they changed their mind. And the guy jumped off the porch.

(For those that don't remember, the LSU-S dean told me that he'd jump off a porch if I didn't get in.)

Well, I get out of class, and it is a voicemail from the same dean basically telling me that I'm just the most awesome thing ever since I had sent an update/give me monies letter to them. It was a nice message even if he is a little off.

Then, I go to biochem, and that class scares me. Maybe it was just the 20 amino acids thrown at me, but I hope I can keep up. You biochem majors are crazy.

I think that's all I had to say. :)

Today was an interesting day. First of all, I haven't had time to eat anything but a smoothie. I'm hungry. I haven't even gotten to post!!! And I'm still in class.

Well, here's my story: At about 10:40 my phone starts blinking and says I have a voicemail. I'm, of course, in class so I have to wait an hour and a half to listen to it. I look at the number and I see that it's a Shreveport number. So I text a few people saying that I'm pretty sure LSU-S left me a voicemail and I can't listen. Among these people is my mother. Her response was amusing.

Me: Mommy, I think I have a voicemail from LSU-S on my phone. I wanna know what it says. Make class get over faster

Mom: I wish. Maybe they are telling you that they changed their mind. And the guy jumped off the porch.

(For those that don't remember, the LSU-S dean told me that he'd jump off a porch if I didn't get in.)

Well, I get out of class, and it is a voicemail from the same dean basically telling me that I'm just the most awesome thing ever since I had sent an update/give me monies letter to them. It was a nice message even if he is a little off.

Then, I go to biochem, and that class scares me. Maybe it was just the 20 amino acids thrown at me, but I hope I can keep up. You biochem majors are crazy.

So it was just like a "Hi, you're cool" message?

Man, I am such fail. If only there were some way to do this for the NBA playoffs so that I could redeem myself.
Whatever, might as well just do it for honor now. guyski, you got NYJ and MIN? I guess I know what I want, based on last week... ;)

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Spurs: IND, NOS

OVERALL
bleargh = +7
Jackson = +7
Scaper = +6
FSAP = +6
JJ= +5
Blue = +5
bb = +4
metallica = +4
Pedie = +4
bobsmith = +3
guyski = +2
Spurs = +1

You'll be fine, that stuff actually has some rhyme and reason to it once you look at it for a little bit. If you did well in O Chem there's no reason you can't do well in biochem too :)

How on earth are you still in class?!

I like the picks, Spurs.

One of us WILL get something right this week.

So it was just like a "Hi, you're cool" message?

Yeah. Nice, but pointless.

You'll be fine, that stuff actually has some rhyme and reason to it once you look at it for a little bit. If you did well in O Chem there's no reason you can't do well in biochem too :)

How on earth are you still in class?!

I hope you are right. And I have a night class. Finance.

So did they give you monies?
Don't worry about the amino acids....they will stick with you after you talk about them and their pKas and blah and blah for like 100 times. When I took biochem last year lol I had pictures of all 20 taped to places around my room. Once I could get the exact structure of one correct...I'd take that card down. It was a fun (nerdy) game. And no I do not have any friends lol.:laugh::laugh::laugh:jk

ohs and I had my first "working" sculpture class today...I made an umbrella look like a champagne glass filled with...champagne.
it was awesome :D

spurs, whats gonna be higher, lebron's weight the summer after M2 year or your Step I scores

steve nash beating out t mac andd AI still staying in the starting all star line-up is thumbs up

speaking of amino acids...

i once made one of my friends a birthday card that spelled out her name in amino acids-- using the one letter abbrevs, obv. it was AMAZING.

I actually liked Biochem a lot. I HATED gen chem (and basically chemistry in general) and this was the class that finally brought it altogether for me and focused on the important parts of chemistry that actually mattered in a biological system. I just couldn't get into all that test tube crap and pointless math from gen chem...too dull for me and I hate math.

steve nash beating out t mac andd AI still staying in the starting all star line-up is thumbs up

Wait, you like AI being in the starting line-up? Why?

speaking of amino acids...

i once made one of my friends a birthday card that spelled out her name in amino acids-- using the one letter abbrevs, obv. it was AMAZING.

I don't get it deedub. Wouldn't the one letter abbreviations just be...letters? So what's the difference between that and just writing her name?

Wait, you like AI being in the starting line-up? Why?

I don't get it deedub. Wouldn't the one letter abbreviations just be...letters? So what's the difference between that and just writing her name?

maybe she drew out the actual peptide chain and used the one letter abbreviations to figure out which ones to draw?

so "smith" would be a chain of serine, methionine, isoleucine, threonine and histidine?

Rejected from Wake Forest. :(

I was kind of holding out hope for an interview there. Whatever. As long as Baylor hasn't rejected me, I'm still hopeful.

Sorry metallica. I'm hoping for you and Baylor!

left work early with a migraine. so i'm laying in bed with a hot compress over my forehead/eyes. just now starting to feel well enough to look at the computer :laugh:

Ouch, I hope you feel better!

So, remember that B+ from last semester that I said I would fight? Well, I saw my professor today, and basically, after he acknowledged my answers were right on the final (ones he had originally marked wrong), he refused to change my grade because it wouldn't be "fair" to the other students. I mean, really?!

I did! How lucky to be that fan haha

Any LA suckas out there? Y'all are going down....

like mg sin theta :laugh:

So, remember that B+ from last semester that I said I would fight? Well, I saw my professor today, and basically, after he acknowledged my answers were right on the final (ones he had originally marked wrong), he refused to change my grade because it wouldn't be "fair" to the other students. I mean, really?!

That sucks!!!!

The Kobe vs. Lebron puppet commercials need to stop.

I like those.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Spurs: IND, NOS
metallica: IND, NOS

OVERALL
bleargh = +7
Jackson = +7
Scaper = +6
FSAP = +6
JJ= +5
Blue = +5
bb = +4
metallica = +4
Pedie = +4
bobsmith = +3
guyski = +2
Spurs = +1

That totally sucks. He's lame.

So I called home today and apparently I had a letter from VCU about a second look weekend! I'm very happy about that, because I thought they didn't have one.

Now I don't have to go all the way up there and find my way by myself during Spring Break. I can just do the second look weekend!

So I called home today and apparently I had a letter from VCU about a second look weekend! I'm very happy about that, because I thought they didn't have one.

Now I don't have to go all the way up there and find my way by myself during Spring Break. I can just do the second look weekend!

Good! Do most schools have second look weekends?

Laaaaaaame. I'd be pissed.

ehhh nothing's really changed. I hope to be done with it after my OSU interview coming up in early Feb. By March 1 I will know about NYU and OSU and I hope to end up at either (preferably OSU). If not, then going to Wright St. would still be cool w/ me!

How did things go at Vandy?