Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good morning everyone!!! What's the topic of conversation today?
Just arrived as well. From what I can tell, breakfast + fighting over the amazing men on this thread :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow. I'd forgotten how amazing breakfast can be :love:

ditto - I had eggs florentine for breakfast (haven't had it in months) and nearly fell out! I don't usually eat breakfast foods for breakfast, but I'll make an exception for this dish. yum yum

Members don't see this ad :)
Blue is now Dw's, and we have Spurs being courted by Sammich and you ;)

who aren't you guys fighting over :D hahaha

*is not fighting over anyone*
hahaha for the record, I do not believe anyone is genuinely fighting over anyone on this thread, just finding a convenient way to rep all the awesome dudes on this thread :cool:

You gals aren't so bad yourselves :)

EDIT: In light of Bryson's post, I would just to clarify that the "you gals aren't so bad yourselves" was meant in terms of awesomeness and not creepily based on anything else, e.g. no sexual tension, lol

Last edited:
Man the sexual tension in this thread has increased 200 fold since I was here last. Maybe I'll go back to work now.

hahaha for the record, I do not believe anyone is genuinely fighting over anyone on this thread, just finding a convenient way to rep all the awesome dudes on this thread :cool:

Nah....they're genuinely fighting... there are fists flying, hair pulling and elbows flailing EVERYWHERE!!!

EDIT: In light of Bryson's post, I would just to clarify that the "you gals aren't so bad yourselves" was meant in terms of awesomeness and not creepily based on anything else, e.g. no sexual tension, lol

:eyebrow: :corny:

Ok. MexicanDrs "Watch this video..." thread is the grossest thing I've seen in a long time. I do not get squeamish around many things, but this is just plain gross.

So on top of my 2 papers due on Thursday, I have a Spanish quiz today and a Spanish writing assigment on Thursday.

This week is killing me. So, any good news of any sorts today? Even un-medical related (minus breakfast, since yall had good ones)?

So on top of my 2 papers due on Thursday, I have a Spanish quiz today and a Spanish writing assigment on Thursday.

This week is killing me. So, any good news of any sorts today? Even un-medical related (minus breakfast, since yall had good ones)?

i continue to be able to name 193/195 countries in the world on sporcle. SO CLOSE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. MexicanDrs "Watch this video..." thread is the grossest thing I've seen in a long time. I do not get squeamish around many things, but this is just plain gross.

What's with the obsession w/ MexicanDr? I mean, I'd never heard of him/her before, but now his/her name pops up every other day in this thread!

What's with the obsession w/ MexicanDr? I mean, I'd never heard of him/her before, but now his/her name pops up every other day in this thread!
he made some really creepy comments on the photo thread awhile ago and has offered some very... low brow threads, lol

andorra/malta trippin' you up?

ha. no, it's different ones every time!! the map is so condensed that i can't see where i'm missing countries. this time i missed albania and tanzania. argh. try again laterz.

OMG! I just saw that video!! HOW DID IT HAVE SO MUCH IN IT!!! I mean....wouldn't that have started hurting a LONG time ago!?! Gahhhhhh

i continue to be able to name 193/195 countries in the world on sporcle. SO CLOSE.

That is very impressive. Goncrats for that. I'm still trying to improve my Asia and Africa skills.

That MexicanDr video isn't all that disgusting. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen that and worse multiple times. And that video has been all over TV the last 2 weeks or so.

That is very impressive. Goncrats for that. I'm still trying to improve my Asia and Africa skills.

That MexicanDr video isn't all that disgusting. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen that and worse multiple times. And that video has been all over TV the last 2 weeks or so.

:rolleyes: As I've read from your comment in the thread. I was just soooo surprised at HOW MUCH was inside. I mean.... popping cysts and stuff kinda fascinates me.....but still...that was a LOT of pus.

Congrats Jimmer!!!

Mornin Peeps :)

Yep, so it looks like you guys are fighting over the dudes in this thread... I'm amazing, tell me something I don't know... please.

this waiting game is starting to bug me. quietness all around me. damn.

Holy crap Jolt... when are those schools supposed to get back to you!?

I'm assuming you had early interviews so it has to have 1.5 to 2 months for some of them?

Like I've said before, Sammich can have him. dnw.

wait what?

I never said I wanted him!!

you're pretty awesome too BBender :)

:rolleyes: As I've read from your comment in the thread. I was just soooo surprised at HOW MUCH was inside. I mean.... popping cysts and stuff kinda fascinates me.....but still...that was a LOT of pus.

That was the oddest placed abscess I've ever seen. The only part that truly grossed me out was that woman not wearing gloves...wth?!? He needs some antibiotics in him...there's no way having that large of an amount of pus sitting in you is healthy....

this waiting game is starting to bug me. quietness all around me. damn.

Agreed. I don't want to sound greedy, because I feel very blessed to have what I have now, buuuut I WANT MORE, DAMMIT! At least I'm not waiting for responses post-interview...that silence drives me crazy.

girls please stop fighting over me, you can share

Yay! jackson1 is back. :D did you finish your other interviews?

Yay! jackson1 is back. :D did you finish your other interviews?

i feel so special someone missed me!:)

yup, i had vcu yesterday and drove back last night. vcu's cool, but i dont think my interviewer liked me very much:( oh well. examples:

-"in your why vcu essay you said richmond is an amazing location. clearly someone as well traveled as you knows thats not true, you can find a city like richmond anywhere." i tried to explain to her that i love virginia and think richmond is a good size for me, its close to friends, etc but she didnt seem to care.

-when she asked if i had any questions for her i asked if anything i'd read about the curriculum or school would be changing and she was like" well, what have you read? im not a mindreader."

hopefully she was just having a bad day or maybe thats just how she interviews. it definitely felt like i did the worst of all my interviews so far though.

Way to make me sound like an idiot. You know there were some you'd never think about and you were wrong about some. Don't even give me this BS about it being obvious.

OK, some of them were hard to see. But most of them were confirmations of things I suspected; I missed like the massive flirt-fest a couple weeks ago during my exam week, so I'm a little behind.

Like I've said before, Sammich can have him. dnw.

wait what?

I never said I wanted him!!

You girls are cutting me deep :rolleyes:

I'm STILL waiting on an explanation on where you came up with "Spursapotamus," Sammich :laugh:

another interview, iowa! but really, it's the same week as mcw and i was really supposed to be doing a lot at work that week. uuuugh for timing

after much thought (i mean years of thinking), my first dog's name will be Dammit. it just works for every possible command.

I've always wanted a little dog (specifically a Yorkie) named Maximilian. But then a man came into my old job with the best name for a little dog: Snickerfritz <--- can get so many nicknames out of it! Maybe I'll just get two dogs...I can use both names and they'd never get lonely :)

I want to get a dog and name him Archibald, Winston, or Bartholemew

Oh, and finally succumbed to watching that mexican dr. zit video....

5 good mins of entertainment

Why did you spend so much time thinking about what your dog's name would be rather than just getting one?

growing up, mom was allergic to dogs and cats

then i went to college, couldn't have one in a dorm

then i graduated, didn't know what finances and time would be like, let alone i cant have dogs where i live

now i'm about to start med school, where i'm not sure how much time i'll have...especially once clinical clerkships begin.

growing up, mom was allergic to dogs and cats

then i went to college, couldn't have one in a dorm

then i graduated, didn't know what finances and time would be like, let alone i cant have dogs where i live

now i'm about to start med school, where i'm not sure how much time i'll have...especially once clinical clerkships begin.

Well at least you're making the right choice between dogs and cats; and yes, there is a right and wrong answer :p

ESPN Future Power Rankings

On paper, no other team possesses as bright a future as the Portland Trail Blazers. It all starts with the players. Nobody, not even Oklahoma City, can match the stable of young talent the Blazers have built. Brandon Roy is already a superstar, and joining him are potential stars like LaMarcus Aldridge (24), Greg Oden (21, even if he looks more like 51), Nicolas Batum (20) and Martell Webster (22). That doesn’t even count the other assets the Blazers have that could eventually pan out, such as talented second-year benchwarmer Jerryd Bayless and a veritable farm team in Europe that includes Joel Freeland, Petteri Koponen and Victor Claver.

Portland also gets strong grades in other categories. The management under GM Kevin Pritchard has been rock-solid, with the only minor quibble being the decision to draft Oden ahead of Kevin Durant — a decision, one should remember, that all 30 GMs were prepared to make, even if a lot of fans and analysts weren’t. In terms of money, the Blazers have no cap room to speak of for the foreseeable future, but being owned by one of the world’s wealthiest men in a rabid city where sellouts are the norm means the Blazers can comfortably go into luxury tax and beyond should the need arise.

Portland market didn’t score as highly in the market category — witness Hedo Turkoglu’s about-face — as sad, dreary winters, the nation’s highest state taxes and a relative lack of diversity for a major metropolitan area limit its attractiveness to free agents. They stay in the middle of the pack in this category largely due to Allen’s largesse, with first-rate team facilities, and the fact that a lot of players grow to like the place once they’ve been there — it helped bring Steve Blake back, for instance.

The draft is where Portland scored poorly, but even that is a positive in a sense — with such a bright future, it can expect to pick in the mid-to-late 20s in coming seasons. "

Rest of the top 15:

2.) Magic
3.) Lakers
4.) Thunder
5.) Heat
6.) Jazz
7.) Bulls
8.) Spurs
9.) Cavs
10.) Nuggs
11.) Clippers
12.) Celtics
13.) Nets
14.) Rockets
15.) Pistons

ahhh. it's great to be #1. even if it means waiting...

how they made it: "As you can see, we determined that the most important category was a team's current players and the future potential of those players -- that category accounted for 40 percent of each team's overall Future Power Rating.

At the same time, we looked at many other factors, such as management, ownership, coaching, a team's spending habits, its cap situation, the reputation of the city and the franchise, and what kind of draft picks we expected the team to have in the future.

To reach our ratings in each category, we talked to teams to get a handle on their future strategies, we looked at their contractual commitments and we carefully broke down each roster to figure out which players would improve, which would decline and which would likely depart."

ahhh. it's great to be #1. even if it means waiting...

how they made it: "As you can see, we determined that the most important category was a team's current players and the future potential of those players -- that category accounted for 40 percent of each team's overall Future Power Rating.

At the same time, we looked at many other factors, such as management, ownership, coaching, a team's spending habits, its cap situation, the reputation of the city and the franchise, and what kind of draft picks we expected the team to have in the future.

To reach our ratings in each category, we talked to teams to get a handle on their future strategies, we looked at their contractual commitments and we carefully broke down each roster to figure out which players would improve, which would decline and which would likely depart."

I was wondering what was in that article. But no way am I paying to read their opinion on that :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm still skeptical that Brandon Roy is "best player on a championship team" good. But I guess we'll see.