About the ads

Class of 2015... How ya doing?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by breenie, 08.25.11.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. breenie

breenie Weenie 2015

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I think I passed my anatomy exams. Cool.

2. EllieGirl89

EllieGirl89 Ohio State CVM c/o 2015!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Done with Day 2 of orientation! Yesterday was fun; it was busy but we learned a lot and did some cheesy but relevant team-building exercises. Today was the convocation ceremony which was really nice. My mom, dad, girlfriend, grandma, and grandpa came so it was great to share the day with them. I also met Jakesmom today, which was fun! We are close enough in the alphabet that we might be anatomy partners depending on how the numbers fall. Overall a good time! Last day of Orientation is Monday, then a week and a half till classes start on the 21st.

3. heylodeb

heylodeb Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Intern

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
  4. scb44f

scb44f MIZ c/o 2015

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hahaha nice video!

First anatomy exam is done. Now I'm eating candy from my big sib. She went so far as to ask my SO what my favorite candy is.

5. SocialStigma

SocialStigma OVC c/o 2015

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    1st week is officially over! I only had 2 days of classes (we started yesterday) but I'm glad that classes are underway since orientation was getting boring (lots of speeches). Hating histology already but there's so much free food/booze, I'm loving it.

OVC frat party tonight :)

6. StartingoverVet

StartingoverVet Flight Instructor for hire

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
  7. Coquette22

Coquette22 AVC C/O 2015 Bronze Donor

Veterinarian
    Veterinarian SDN 5+ Year Member
    Two weeks down at AVC. Immunology is driving me nuts. The material isn't hard, but the professor just flies through his slides. Which would be overwhelming, until you realize that there's always 4 slides that seem to have the exact same information. But they aren't in a row. So the whole lecture just feels REALLY disorganized.

Physiology is similar. The professor is really cool, and I like him, but his lectures are all over the place. For both classes, I just prefer to read the textbook.

ETA: Someone took my seat yesterday. The same seat I've been using for two weeks. I had to sit at the back at the make-shift desks (our class is larger than the room was originally designed to accomodate). I was not impressed!

Last edited: 09.09.11
  8. LivestockDoc

LivestockDoc I speak 4 the cows!

SDN 2+ Year Member

:bang:

Why am I not there with you, EllieG? What the hell was I thinking? I miss everybody. Glad to hear Squibs is rockin' it in Illinois.

9. heylodeb

heylodeb Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Intern

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    We had our first test today. Mostly cell bio type stuff and actually really straight forward. I didn't do as well as I thought I would - I really studied incorrectly. :( Bah humbug.

I'm feeling discouraged. I am trying to bring myself up by at least being happy that I UNDERSTOOD the material. I just didn't put it to memory in a beneficial way. At least it motivated me to keep studying this weekend!

Last edited: 09.09.11
  10. jmo1012

jmo1012 SGU (NCSU) c/o 2015!

Veterinarian
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    we went to the simulation lab today and learned how to properly auscultate heart and lung sounds! and then we walked along the beach and some of my friends jumped off a cliff!

11. EllieGirl89

EllieGirl89 Ohio State CVM c/o 2015!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Aw LSD!!!! We've missed you too, and I too wish you were there with us today! How have things been for you?

12. StartingoverVet

StartingoverVet Flight Instructor for hire

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Don't be discouraged. That is fairly common. My first fill in the blank test was a total shocker for me, but I did better the 2nd time around. Learning and memorizing are very different skills.

13. goldnretrivrgrl

goldnretrivrgrl Penn Vet V'15

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm actually really liking anatomy. The amount of information is utterly terrifying but my lab group is awesome and I feel best when I'm actually doing something, not just sitting there in Biochem wondering why I ever thought I could handle this. Histo kind of gives me a headache though. I've adjusted my scope and everything, but I come out feeling a little motion sick, weirdly enough.
    Also, feeling incredibly lucky to have avoided all the flooding that is plaguing my hometown. They've evacuated some of my family since the Susquehanna was supposed to crest today. My dad was just glad that everything in our basement was already ruined by Irene so more water really doesn't matter much at this point :laugh:

14. roughleggedhawk

roughleggedhawk AVC 2015!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    The