Class of 2015... How ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Officially done with course work for third year. Five exams between me and a week off before clinics start. And one of them is open book. Passed a urinary catheter in a mare today. After struggling with dogs and cats in past labs, doing a mare is just so damn satisfying.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Man, I'm jealous. I haven't even started like 3 classes. Maybe it's 2. Either way, I've still got a few weeks to go before I have my "summer of externships."

I want to update my list. How do I make it look like things are crossed off? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I kinda wish Dr S would send out some information about the fish health rotation. It'd be nice to have some heads up of what we'll be doing, what I need to wear, etc.

Thanks. :) SO SO glad that business is OVER. Learned a ton - useful course. Just lots of awkward client simulations/mock salary negotiations/interviews, etc. I'm ready to get down and dirty in the clinics now, lol

Reactions: 1 user
I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the (sur)reality of being done with daily classroom stuff. Yikes. We're on break now for a week before rotations start. I mean, I love vacation, but ... huh. Yeah.

I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the (sur)reality of being done with daily classroom stuff. Yikes. We're on break now for a week before rotations start. I mean, I love vacation, but ... huh. Yeah.
I'm right there with you. A bit intimidated at the moment!

I have a month vacation (took my first block off) in about 10 days. I'm hoping to stay busy so I don't start freaking out. It's always an adjustment coming off a semester (what am I supposed to be studying?! Oh right...) but finishing classroom stuff essentially for good...yikes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a month vacation (took my first block off) in about 10 days. I'm hoping to stay busy so I don't start freaking out. It's always an adjustment coming off a semester (what am I supposed to be studying?! Oh right...) but finishing classroom stuff essentially for good...yikes.

No freaking out for you! Go home, relax, be a normal-ish married couple!

If I actually have to get in water, all bets are off. No one mentioned swimming! And with water temperatures hovering around freezing*, it'd be more of a dry suit situation. :dead:

*Any Caribbean students that comment on this will be hit in the face with a salmon.
*snicker* except when i dive here, i wear a 7mm wet suit and still come back freezing most of the time....(so does my instructor/mentor! but admittedly we are crazy people who apparently are unable to generate heat haha). for those who aren't familiar, many people here dive in just a bathing suit or a shorty 3mm wetsuit (short sleeve/shorts combo wet suit, thats how warm it is (water in the low to mid 80sF)

24o3y9x.gif

Derm final was actually really fair this morning. I think I did pretty well on it and I'm not a derm person. What she said she would ask is exactly what she asked.

I don't know how many times I can tell my in-laws that I have no time off this summer, and that I cannot take more than 1-2 days off per rotation (we can take 6 senior days total). They are very generous and want to take my husband and I on a vacation but I have seriously been asked if I have any time off about a dozen times in the last 2 weeks. I love them, but I will be glad to be back at my own house.

Anyway, my preceptorship here in GA was amazing. The doctors and staff are amazing people and signed a card for me on my last day. Like, seriously, it was nice to be told, "Hey, you're going to be really good at this some day" instead of all my faults and weaknesses on an evaluation.

I'm headed back home today with my dog and cat, plus a new mixer (thanks to my mother-in-law!), and a peace lily from my grandfather's funeral. What a weird carload.

My husband comes home from India on Monday. Haven't seen him in a month so I'm kinda excited about that one.

Food animal starts on Wed. It looks like we will have a great bunch of people, so I'm pumped :) Sad the 4th years are gone though... It's going to be lonely in the hospital.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyway, my preceptorship here in GA was amazing. The doctors and staff are amazing people and signed a card for me on my last day. Like, seriously, it was nice to be told, "Hey, you're going to be really good at this some day" instead of all my faults and weaknesses on an evaluation.
Aww, that's so sweet! :)

We had our fourth year orientation yesterday. We also opted to have a class photo done to mimic the one we did on the first day of first year. We got photobombed by one of our first year physiology professors, and then she got a little emotional seeing us which I thought was cute.

I don't know how many times I can tell my in-laws that I have no time off this summer, and that I cannot take more than 1-2 days off per rotation (we can take 6 senior days total). They are very generous and want to take my husband and I on a vacation but I have seriously been asked if I have any time off about a dozen times in the last 2 weeks. I love them, but I will be glad to be back at my own house.

I'm headed back home today with my dog and cat, plus a new mixer (thanks to my mother-in-law!), and a peace lily from my grandfather's funeral. What a weird carload.

My husband comes home from India on Monday. Haven't seen him in a month so I'm kinda excited about that one.

Food animal starts on Wed. It looks like we will have a great bunch of people, so I'm pumped :) Sad the 4th years are gone though... It's going to be lonely in the hospital.

Yay for seeing husbands :biglove: going home for a month on Monday and I can't wait!

One more exam left to go on Monday and it's an open book/case-based one so I have no more studying to do, woo :)

Ran a few errands today but I think the rest of today will be lazy. Tomorrow will be spent moving what I can to my new place, packing up the rest to take home and cleaning. I'm really going to miss my little house but it's only six months in the apartment and then I go home for good!

Doing some binge watching today post-exam. I'm in the same boat as redhead. I might organize some notes for the open book exam on Monday, but no studying. Clinical toxicology went pretty well this morning.

My mom insisted I get some professional photos taken in the white coat we just got a few days ago. I'll admit I thought it was a little pointless, but they turned out nice! I look like a real doctor. Plus, I have a friend who is a photographer and he gave me a great deal so they weren't even that expensive. Crazy to think in a couple days I'll be a 4th year on clinics...I swear just yesterday I was a first year.

Reactions: 4 users
Today was the last day in clinics for the 4th years. Technically, we have one more year until we do the same, but 9 months from now, I have 2.5 months off for preceptorships. I come back for the last two weeks of clinics to go through ophtho so it will be a fun way to end vet school.

I passed all my classes and now I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for clinics. I have my notebooks and pens and highlighters and all that... just need to make sure I kinda know what's going on. I'm gonna be so worn out for the first few weeks.

Thanks. :) SO SO glad that business is OVER. Learned a ton - useful course. Just lots of awkward client simulations/mock salary negotiations/interviews, etc. I'm ready to get down and dirty in the clinics now, lol
It's so cool that y'all do a business rotation. I mean, I have no head for business whatsoever and it would be like torture for me, but I wish we had one. I feel like it is a really important skill that many (some?) of us are lacking in a lot. Especially for us ladies since we are still getting paid less than our male classmates upon graduation.

I passed all my classes and now I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for clinics. I have my notebooks and pens and highlighters and all that... just need to make sure I kinda know what's going on. I'm gonna be so worn out for the first few weeks.
I really wish they would post our grades...we have like half of them but there's still one class I'm legit not sure I passed. Argh.

Starting 3rd year final exams tomorrow...instead of studying, I really want to be researching masters programs that I'm interested in. Why can't money grow on trees??

I really wish they would post our grades...we have like half of them but there's still one class I'm legit not sure I passed. Argh.

Yeah. No kidding. I'm halfway through my first rotation and still have five grades from spring semester spinning in a vacuum. Ah well. Whatever.

I feel like there's a little hypocrisy with the whole demand that students never be late with anything, never miss exams without a presidential pardon, act like complete professionals 125% of the time ... but teachers can miss classes without consequences ... can procrastinate on getting grades in for months .... etc.

Sorry. Just grumpy.

Reactions: 5 users
I feel like there's a little hypocrisy with the whole demand that students never be late with anything, never miss exams without a presidential pardon, act like complete professionals 125% of the time ... but teachers can miss classes without consequences ... can procrastinate on getting grades in for months .... etc.

Ugh, preach. Drives me up the wall.