Class of 2015... How ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is what eating spiders looks like!
its a dog that ate 2 plastic spiders - you can see them in the SI on the rads!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend whose Lab is having an MRI at the University of Minnesota tomorrow - take good care of him, guys :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
Fairly confident my nose is broken. 600 lb bull calves are hell to castrate.

Edit: at least it's just my nose, and if it really is broken, at least it isn't awfully different from how it started.

Yup :( I just keep checking all the sites I can think of every few days. I have another interview lined up (date tbd) at a place that sounds super dreamy, so my fingers are firmly crossed!

Got an email yesterday about a SA/EQ job in Easton. Not sure if that interests you at all. there wasn't much of a description as to what they are looking for.

Got an email yesterday about a SA/EQ job in Easton. Not sure if that interests you at all. there wasn't much of a description as to what they are looking for.

Fortunately, I've had two interviews and have one more lined up! Actually had a nice interview yesterday - hit the roly jugular in an ancient wrinkly pug first shot and got complimented on my shoes. Win win I'd say ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Fortunately, I've had two interviews and have one more lined up! Actually had a nice interview yesterday - hit the roly jugular in an ancient wrinkly pug first shot and got complimented on my shoes. Win win I'd say ;)
Woot woot!
everythings-coming-up-milhouse-memes.jpg

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You're not supposed to use your nose to castrate, are you?

You never learned that technique?!

Edit: I was tailjacking and the chute, although as secure as it could get, hit me in the face the one moment I turned my head toward the calf.

I hate everyone who doesn't have 4th year final exams :arghh:.

3 weeks of rotations left
3 weeks until final exams
4 weeks until grad trip
82 days until graduation
3 months until internship

21 days left of core rotations
40 days until end of rotations
46 days until graduation

Just gotta make it through eq surgery... Then I can relax a bit on clin path. One more exam left until I never have another exam ever...

Home stretch! This was probably when I had the most fun in vet school where I was feeling a lot closer to a doctor, and being able to take much more case responsibility on rotations I cared about and learned a ton. Enjoy it because as much as I was super glad to be rid of anything vet school related, it was a little sad to leave.

Reactions: 1 users
you have exams??? what kind of horrors does this entail??

Unfortunately, yes :(. Everyone has written and practical (OSCE) exams in anatomic path, diagnostic path, and small animal primary veterinary care. Mixed, equine, and food animal people have more exams because they have more core rotations (sucks to be them).

I've forgotten how to study already ugh.

• 4.5 rotations left
  • California Boards in April
  • 60 days til graduation
  • 84 days til internship

Home stretch! This was probably when I had the most fun in vet school where I was feeling a lot closer to a doctor, and being able to take much more case responsibility on rotations I cared about and learned a ton. Enjoy it because as much as I was super glad to be rid of anything vet school related, it was a little sad to leave.

Sadly, I'm on diagnostics right now, which feels more like being back in first or second year. :( And the last clinical rotation I had was mostly just frustrating because I find myself muttering things like, "I can't wait until I can get my own damn drugs and sign my own damn scripts so I'm not chasing around a doctor for 20 minutes to get something signed...." :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
36 days left on clinics
53 days until graduation
77 days until internship

Can't believe it :)

36 days left on clinics
53 days until graduation
77 days until internship

Can't believe it :)

Sooo, Im pretty sure I ended up getting Food animal during calving season... Im so happy your still gonna be at Mizzou hahahaha

Holy crap, that's coming up fast! We're May 9th.

Oops. I monthed wrong. We're May 9th too.

suspicious that its right before your externship here...

Well, since you've been making such ominous noises about what you expect from me, the poor dumb not-even-a-new-grad......

DVM conferred on June 1 but actual ceremony on June 16 (we're weird - and for my classmates not done with clinics on June 1, they confer on June 26)

Dont worry seniors, residents, and technicians, I am well aware of how stupid and inept I am. You dont need to continually not-so-subtly point it out to me and everyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
Dont worry seniors, residents, and technicians, I am well aware of how stupid and inept I am. You dont need to continually not-so-subtly point it out to me and everyone else.
You really couldn't be making me feel any better about deciding not to take advanced IM, rofl...

Advanced? What's the difference between IntMed and AdvIntMed???
more hell.

no seriously. its just 2 more weeks of internal medicine (nothing different). for those of us poor island students that didnt know any better and just said we'd like SA elective rotations, we got stuck in this block (its not very popular for good reason)
You really couldn't be making me feel any better about deciding not to take advanced IM, rofl...
i wish i had known better back in the day...and i wish i had had the courage to ask them to let me drop it (medicine was hard for me on the first go round for a lot of reasons, but i walked away from it fearful and ashamed and feeling bullied so i didnt feel comfortable even asking for an out).

for what its worth, not everyone feels this way. there are plenty of students that love it and learn a ton. it just isnt a positive learning environment for me personally. i dont thrive under stress and i'm too sensitive (though i think it was a bit much when the resident was complaining about a mistake i made to everyone else in the room tonight, even if she didnt use my name. i had already apologized and everything). for whatever reason, this set of clinicians doesnt like me (but thankfully there are plenty of others who do!). did i mention i dont thrive under this extreme amount of stress?? i tend to collapse inward into anxiety and depression.

We graduate May 15.

I think I would have gotten more out of internal medicine if I'd had it later on, when I had more confidence and knowledge about how the rest of the services in the hospital worked. Oh well. I'm ok not having it now :)

Good luck to those who still have some medicine left!

We graduate May 15.

I think I would have gotten more out of internal medicine if I'd had it later on, when I had more confidence and knowledge about how the rest of the services in the hospital worked. Oh well. I'm ok not having it now :)

Good luck to those who still have some medicine left!

May 8 here (yes, a Friday).

And I feel the same way about IM. I could be getting something out of it now, but instead I'm forgetting the nerve blocks on equine surgery. But I wouldn't retake it for money. Well, maybe in lieu of something else, though eq surgery honestly doesn't seem too bad.