Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sometimes those can be funny though. There's often very little funny out there, particularly when people get into it politically. I think the thread needs a reroute, like was done to muffie.

Well, the thread in question is funny, if you find people who are convinced they know everything to be amusing. However, anyone who finds those people amusing tend to be themselves people who are convinced they know everything.

I also find myself more and more enamored of the philosophy that the federal government should only provide for the common defense (i.e. fund the military), because we can't be expected to agree on anything more than guaranteeing our continued ability to argue over everything else. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hahaha! Well, it is SDN so there is a very high proportion of know-it-alls here.

Personally, I'm more a butter than a guns person. Education >>> defense.

Personally, I'm more a butter than a guns person. Education >>> defense.

Yea I agree, me too. Look at all those countries with piss poor armies and weak national defense, but top universities and research institutions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I agree, me too. Look at all those countries with piss poor armies and weak national defense, but top universities and research institutions.
Basically all of Europe? Except for France on the defense side - their Foreign Legion guys are bad***es.

on a slightly related note -

From the BBC - by John Cleese.

ANNOUNCEMENT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels .

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia , meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate."

Getting closer day by day to making my decision of where I'm going to end up for school...

damn it's kinda scary to looking at roughly how much each school's going to cost

BRING ON THE DEBT

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting closer day by day to making my decision of where I'm going to end up for school...

damn it's kinda scary to looking at roughly how much each school's going to cost

BRING ON THE DEBT

my acceptance is what I wanted, so it's an easier choice. The sucky part is figuring out which campus I'll be the next 2 years. HOPEFULLY it's Indy, otherwise :mad:

i need a travel companion from late May- mid June. PM me if you were planning to take a trip this summer.

werd. That thread is now win :thumbup:

I dunno, I've now been shamed by a couple of posters in the thread who pointed out that derailing a conversation one doesn't like with pointless pictures is childish and immature, even though the only thing I contributed to the thread was a YouTube clip from Zombieland.

I keep doing a double-take at the image at the top of the page. I keep thinking it's a photocopy of someone's ass.

20110213small.jpg

Bummer. Is that a new addition to your sig, Cliff, or is my mind messing with me? We're also trying to plan a trip before med school - cross-country road trip - but probably not til July. :( Of course it'll wind up in SF and Napa/Sonoma Valley. We tried an amazing new wine last night from Cali and it's got me dying to go back.

Also, g'morning and happy hump day, 2015!

Dude, Court, it's gonna be like 63 on Friday! Ahh, so nice.

Also, I wish we could go on a vacation, just the three of us this summer, but I don't see that happening if we're going to be buying a house. I would LOVE to go somewhere next summer, though, either just me and the hubs or the whole family, somewhere warm and sunny.

I also have decided we're taking our kids to Disney in 2015, after I graduate medical school and before I start residency.

Also, I wish we could go on a vacation, just the three of us this summer, but I don't see that happening if we're going to be buying a house. I would LOVE to go somewhere next summer, though, either just me and the hubs or the whole family, somewhere warm and sunny.

I also have decided we're taking our kids to Disney in 2015, after I graduate medical school and before I start residency.
Fun! They'll be old enough to appreciate it then, too. Would you be okay to travel this summer being preggers? Though I suppose it only matters if you're flying.

I am SO looking forward to the nicer weather. It was so nice to not need a coat the other day, can't wait for Friday's sunny and 60-some. The only bad thing is that our apartment's been a sauna on the nicer days because it's centrally controlled and they suck at it.

I believe flying is fine unless you're in your last month (maybe two) of pregnancy or something, because they don't want you going into labor on the flight and you ideally shouldn't be going that far away from your doctor at that point either. The only time I flew last time when was our honeymoon when I was 8-9 weeks.

Bummer. Is that a new addition to your sig, Cliff, or is my mind messing with me? We're also trying to plan a trip before med school - cross-country road trip - but probably not til July. :( Of course it'll wind up in SF and Napa/Sonoma Valley. We tried an amazing new wine last night from Cali and it's got me dying to go back.

Also, g'morning and happy hump day, 2015!
its your mind.

It's raining! :( A rain day in LA is almost as disruptive as a snowpocalypse anywhere else.

I love the rain though! Even though it causes everyone here to freak out and drive like manics. (More so than normal.)

Awesome! I'm assuming you mean Disneyworld, not Disneyland? For years growing up, my parents promised to take my sisters and me to Disneyworld once my little sister turned 6. She's now almost 20. No Disneyworld. :confused:

i've been told it's an ultra magical experience for the kids, and worth the extra cheddar, to stay in the disney lodging. apparently EVERYONE, down to the housekeepers, will make sure your fam is ultra stoked

Yeah, definitely Disney World. We're on the East Coast so that's a lot closer. I wouldn't mind doing a Disney Cruise on that trip, too.

i've been told it's an ultra magical experience for the kids, and worth the extra cheddar, to stay in the disney lodging. apparently EVERYONE, down to the housekeepers, will make sure your fam is ultra stoked

The two times I went with my family we stayed at a Disney resort. They are a lot of fun with the themes. We would definitely do that as well.

And you want to see something that I am TOTALLY doing with Chicklet, and this one, too, if it's another girl? http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

It's my understanding that the employees, for the rest of the day, will address your kid as "My Lady" and whatnot. What little girl wouldn't love that?

I figure a super fun Disney Trip would be great before Mommy disappears into the bowels of a hospital for internship. Blah.

The two times I went with my family we stayed at a Disney resort. They are a lot of fun with the themes. We would definitely do that as well.

And you want to see something that I am TOTALLY doing with Chicklet, and this one, too, if it's another girl? http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

It's my understanding that the employees, for the rest of the day, will address your kid as "My Lady" and whatnot. What little girl wouldn't love that?
haha wow.. on a related note, it reminds me of a book
http://www.amazon.com/Cinderella-At...1527/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297884954&sr=8-1

We were just talking about that book on my mom board the other day, Bleargh! :laugh: I dunno. I think there's a difference between a little girl that likes ponies and princesses and aspiring to be Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. She also likes Iron Man, Woody, Kun-Gu Panda, Mr. Incredible, and Harry Potter, so I think we're okay. :)

Speaking of which, one time, we saw some ******* with her Chihuahua in her purse AT THE GROCERY STORE. We went by with Chicklet in the cart and she was like, "Kitty cat!" LOL.

We were just talking about that book on my mom board the other day, Bleargh! :laugh: I dunno. I think there's a difference between a little girl that likes ponies and princesses and aspiring to be Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. She also likes Iron Man, Woody, Kun-Gu Panda, Mr. Incredible, and Harry Potter, so I think we're okay. :)
word, i'm not trying to draw any parallels/make any points. just reminded me of that book, which i may or may not buy. wonder if it's actually good