Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
International Students for Liberty Conference :)

Our group is up for a one of the three national awards, too!

best wishes :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Am I the only whitey or otherwise ORM that doesn't give a flying F about the URM crap? I don't even know what people are arguing about in that "Why does race play a roll in admission?" thread anymore.

I kind of picture everyone that starts about it like this...
they_took_our_jobs_tshirt-d23564803.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
It's raining! :( A rain day in LA is almost as disruptive as a snowpocalypse anywhere else.
Yay! Rain! An excuse to stay in bed:)

it doesnt seem like it's going to. :(
You should come out here with baller and go to D-Land in May:D
i've been told it's an ultra magical experience for the kids, and worth the extra cheddar, to stay in the disney lodging. apparently EVERYONE, down to the housekeepers, will make sure your fam is ultra stoked
They gave me an autographed picture of Tinkerbell for my birthday and a cast member gave me a pin without doing an official trade :) I also had Happy Birthday said and sang to me about 20 times over the course of a weekend.
Am I the only whitey or otherwise ORM that doesn't give a flying F about the URM crap? I don't even know what people are arguing about in that "Why does race play a roll in admission?" thread anymore.

:laugh:
Totally agree. I think you only care about those threads if you 1 - feel like you're being cheated out of something (that's a whole lot of people in this world...) or 2 - feel guilty that you may be cheating someone out of something.
You can't change anyone's mind by being anything other than a good example. Those threads are such trainwrecks.

:laugh:
Totally agree. I think you only care about those threads if you 1 - feel like you're being cheated out of something (that's a whole lot of people in this world...) or 2 - feel guilty that you may be cheating someone out of something.
You can't change anyone's mind by being anything other than a good example. Those threads are such trainwrecks.
3 - for the lullz

I don't care either, Geeks. I try my darndest to stay out of those threads.

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

HIPAA.

HIPAA who?

I'm sorry, I can't release that information.

I'm sorry...

you have forced my hand...
<--------------------------------

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

HIPAA.

HIPAA who?

I'm sorry, I can't release that information.

I'm sorry...

Members don't see this ad :)

I dunno, but cover me, guys, 'cause I'm going in.

<--for the record, is not a whitey but would possible be an overrepresented minority

I sorta want to try Rosetta Stone...wonder how well it works.

The two times I went with my family we stayed at a Disney resort. They are a lot of fun with the themes. We would definitely do that as well.

And you want to see something that I am TOTALLY doing with Chicklet, and this one, too, if it's another girl? http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

It's my understanding that the employees, for the rest of the day, will address your kid as "My Lady" and whatnot. What little girl wouldn't love that?

I spend almost every weekend at Disney (yes there is something wrong with my husband and me). You'll be glad to know that if it's a boy, there is a boutique for them where they make them pirates. ;)

I did the Spanish one and the Vietnamese one (I know both languages pretty well). They did not teach me anything, not even the basics. If you can get it for free, you should definitely try it, but don't buy it IMO.

I spend almost every weekend at Disney (yes there is something wrong with my husband and me). You'll be glad to know that if it's a boy, there is a boutique for them where they make them pirates. ;)

Is there really? I thought they just put sparkly gel in their hair and gave them a sword at the Bibbidid Bobbidi Boutique and called it a day, and I was like, WTF?! This makes me happy!

I just Googled it. The Pirate's League in Magic Kingdom. SCORE!

Is there really? I thought they just put sparkly gel in their hair and gave them a sword at the Bibbidid Bobbidi Boutique and called it a day, and I was like, WTF?! This makes me happy!

I just Googled it. The Pirate's League in Magic Kingdom. SCORE!
Can only boys do that?

If it comes with being addressed as "My wench" for the rest of the day....count me IN.

I sorta want to try Rosetta Stone...wonder how well it works.

try livemocha.com instead. same thing, but free, and user created, and you can get paired with a pen pal or someone to practice speaking with.

So SF guy, how is it goin? I was super happy when I heard you got into school on the nontrad board, major congrats man. I was pulling for you.

Since you're newer to this thread....you totally have the right to ask an icebreaker question:)

Can only boys do that?

If it comes with being addressed as "My wench" for the rest of the day....count me IN.
Upon further Googling, it looks like the entire family can get in on that one, but in the video on the main page for it at Disney's site gears it specifically towards young boys. I'm sure it's mostly being spun as the boy version of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

So SF guy, how is it goin? I was super happy when I heard you got into school on the nontrad board, major congrats man. I was pulling for you.

Since you're newer to this thread....you totally have the right to ask an icebreaker question:)

Thanks CougarMD. I'm pretty happy with how everything has turned out this cycle. I'm actually grateful that anyone even gave me a chance. As for the ice-breaker question, what are the parameters of that type of thing? Granting me that kind of power is like opening Pandora's box. Do you want to lose your authority as a MOD?? :idea:

I think I got into Drexel. Hubster tells me there is a big envelope from them waiting for me. :)

Yay, Daisy!

And I already said in the other thread, but congrats, GC! Do you think you'll seriously consider it versus your other acceptance?

Truthfully, my mind is pretty made up, but I think I will hold onto the acceptance until the financial aide packages go out. That said, I expect Temple will be offer me the best packages of any of the three schools where I have been/could be accepted anyway.

I still wish I'd gone ahead with Temple's secondary, but I got burned out and they wanted a letter from my college. It was just another hoop too many to jump through. You're right that the financial aid will probably be much better from Temple, though, and that alone would have been worth it.

I honestly didn't expect any love from the Philly schools, except maybe Jeff given my letters and history. I'm so disappointed that they didn't even give me a shot.

I asked him if he wanted to. He said no. Ah well.

I also had a nice first appointment today. My midlevel care provider (OH NOZ!) is the shiznit! :thumbup:

Haha. Mine would have opened that letter in a heartbeat. Oh, and congrats on the appointment today. I'm sure it's got to be a relief having a good care provider. One less thing to worry about. :thumbup:

Didn't notice it until now, but CONGRATS GEEKMAMA

Hopefully, you get a good financial aid package to solidify your decision to Temple

Didn't notice it until now, but CONGRATS GEEKMAMA

Hopefully, you get a good financial aid package to solidify your decision to Temple

Thanks, Baller! :D

Did you not notice my second acceptance or the fact that I'm pregnant again? Would you believe someone I worked with and usually saw more than once a week didn't realize until I was FULL TERM with Chicklet that I was pregnant? I wanted to be like, "WTF, Ed, did you just think I was getting oddly fat?" :mad: