Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you believe someone I worked with and usually saw more than once a week didn't realize until I was FULL TERM with Chicklet that I was pregnant? I wanted to be like, "WTF, Ed, did you just think I was getting oddly fat?" :mad:

Well... it's one of those things men don't ask, for fear of retribution if assuming wrongly. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Bastiges!

So my husband got a job interview invite today. It would be GREAT for him and for us. If he gets it, and he really enjoys it, I think I'll only be applying to the schools in the Philly area and possible UMDNJ-SOM, since it's close by. Depends on what I get on the MCAT, though.

i seriously would only do this if you're ok with not going to med school.

..some months pass..

Truthfully, my mind is pretty made up, but I think I will hold onto the acceptance until the financial aide packages go out. That said, I expect Temple will be offer me the best packages of any of the three schools where I have been/could be accepted anyway.
way to shup me up yo :laugh: :thumbup:

Well... it's one of those things men don't ask, for fear of retribution if assuming wrongly. :scared:

See, I agree with you, but it wasn't like, "So... I've been wondering, are you pregnant?" It was like, "Oh my God, you have a baby belly!" Like it hadn't even occured to him before that. Dude... I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant. Are you just realizing this now?

See, I agree with you, but it wasn't like, "So... I've been wondering, are you pregnant?" It was like, "Oh my God, you have a baby belly!" Like it hadn't even occured to him before that. Dude... I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant. Are you just realizing this now?

In that case, he was most likely being a good non-harassing fellow co-worker by keeping his eyes trained upwards. :laugh:

By the way, um... if anyone's seen any state senators around, my state's missing some.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what's a bad phone call to get? One from the county health department to tell you another kid at your kid's daycare has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis, along with them telling you to call your pediatrician and ask for the prophylactic antibiotic they prescribe when this happens.

I think she's fine, and I hope the kid that has it is going to be okay, but GAH!

I am finally feeling better! I was upright for a whole 5 hours today.
Now I think I'm gonna pass out, but that's ok. I also ate something resembling a whole meal.

Thanks CougarMD. I'm pretty happy with how everything has turned out this cycle. I'm actually grateful that anyone even gave me a chance. As for the ice-breaker question, what are the parameters of that type of thing? Granting me that kind of power is like opening Pandora's box. Do you want to lose your authority as a MOD??
Hahahaha....the fact that you think I have any authority is funny :D
You can ask anything you want. Past questions have included what aisle of the grocery story we would be most likely to find you in, and what your favorite type of cupcake is.

I think I got into Drexel. Hubster tells me there is a big envelope from them waiting for me.
Wooo hooo!! :highfive:
AHHHH I got that interview invite I was wishing super hard for :D
:soexcited:Congrats!!!!
I asked him if he wanted to. He said no. Ah well.

I also had a nice first appointment today. My midlevel care provider (OH NOZ!) is the shiznit! :thumbup:
:laugh: I love midlevel care providers;) I miss mine...I haven't been to work in over a week:( I am glad your appointment was good!!! Please tell a school in your city to give me some free money so I can be there ready for Cletus Numero Dos's birth

..some months pass..

way to shup me up yo :laugh: :thumbup:
I gotta say bleargh....you're one classy dude to post that My hat is off to you sir.

Wooo hooo!! :highfive:

:soexcited:Congrats!!!!

:laugh: I love midlevel care providers;) I miss mine...I haven't been to work in over a week:( I am glad your appointment was good!!! Please tell a school in your city to give me some free money so I can be there ready for Cletus Numero Dos's birth

I gotta say bleargh....you're one classy dude to post that My hat is off to you sir.

Yup, I'm definitely in at Drexel! Feels good, man.

And about my baby-catcher. You remember that thing I really want to do? She had a 100% success rate with it last year, and she's 3 for 3 so far this year. I would HATE to be the one to break her streak. :) And I would totally beat someone at that school to give you money, but I don't know if they will. I am like this, though! :xf: :xf:

Bleargh's cool like that. :D

Yeah, Daisy!! You're gonna do great. And I'm so happy for that its at that specific location/school.
Thanks to you Shanks, and Juliedi and Trio! You guys took over that school's thread for me and made me feel all special :D
You know what's a bad phone call to get? One from the county health department to tell you another kid at your kid's daycare has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis, along with them telling you to call your pediatrician and ask for the prophylactic antibiotic they prescribe when this happens.

I think she's fine, and I hope the kid that has it is going to be okay, but GAH!
Why are kids such walking germ factories? I hope Chicklet stays good and healthy and that the sick kid makes a full recovery!

Because they're totally okay with putting their mouths on and snotting all over everything. Sad but true.

Yup, I'm definitely in at Drexel! Feels good, man.

And about my baby-catcher. You remember that thing I really want to do? She had a 100% success rate with it last year, and she's 3 for 3 so far this year. I would HATE to be the one to break her streak. :) And I would totally beat someone at that school to give you money, but I don't know if they will. I am like this, though! :xf: :xf:

Bleargh's cool like that. :D
That is SOOOO awesome. We have a book about it at work too, but I'm sure you've already read it. If not I'll read it for you and tell you if its any good.

I can guarantee you I haven't read it, because I couldn't bring myself to read any of those books. I figured they would churn up a lot of negative feelings about Chicklet's birth that I worked really hard to get over as much as I think I'm going to, and it would put me in a serious funk again, ya know?

I can guarantee you I haven't read it, because I couldn't bring myself to read any of those books. I figured they would churn up a lot of negative feelings about Chicklet's birth that I worked really hard to get over as much as I think I'm going to, and it would put me in a serious funk again, ya know?
Totally, I am completely thumbs up on you not touching any of them.

Who says volunteering doesn't pay off? Received two free basketball tickets to see my favorite team play this weekend from a random guy and his wife that I only met once at my volunteer activity. I guess I make a good impression.

Drexel has a ton of waitlist movement. I certainly won't be paying for the deposit so there's one spot opening up.
I had someone I volunteered for offer me their condo in Hawaii once. Too bad I was in school full time....still have never been to Hawaii:(

one time this person i volunteered for offered me their spouse. still havent been with a married woman yet. :(

Thanks, Baller! :D

Did you not notice my second acceptance or the fact that I'm pregnant again? Would you believe someone I worked with and usually saw more than once a week didn't realize until I was FULL TERM with Chicklet that I was pregnant? I wanted to be like, "WTF, Ed, did you just think I was getting oddly fat?" :mad:

wait, you're preggers!?!?!

LOL I guess I did miss a lot on SDN recently

Hahahaha....the fact that you think I have any authority is funny :D
You can ask anything you want. Past questions have included what aisle of the grocery story we would be most likely to find you in, and what your favorite type of cupcake is.

Pretty much everything I say is laced with sarcasm. :cool:

I'm still just a little while from getting on that big bird home to the U.S., but lately I've been craving some quality sushi/sashimi. A decent hot shower would also be highly appreciated.

Ughh, I need to vent a little. I interviewed at a school that I absolutely loved back in September, and following the interview I sent them a letter of interest. In November I was waitlisted, which isn't a huge deal, because they have a lot of waitlist movement for those who show interest and write them letters. But I checked with them if they received the LOI I sent after my interview, and of course they hadn't. So I re-sent that letter, as well as a new LOI I wrote at the end of November. I also had another letter of rec sent to the school. And last night, a huge group of applicants were accepted from the waitlist. And I was not one of them. I know I can't control who gets accepted or not, but I just feel like I've been doing all the right things, jumping through as many hoops as they suggest, but still no acceptance. I know they must not hate me completely since they didn't outright reject me after my interview, but it's just frustrating. Harumph. That is all.

Edit: sorry for being selfish, I forgot to congratulate samuari! Congrats man!

:laugh: Awesome!

I found out about a month ago, BB.

haha CONGRATS!

are you going to find out it's sex beforehand?

if so, i wanna take some bets lol. i think it's going to be another girl

also, how are you going to manage that with school. Sheesh, you really are a superwoman

Pretty much everything I say is laced with sarcasm. :cool:

I'm still just a little while from getting on that big bird home to the U.S., but lately I've been craving some quality sushi/sashimi. A decent hot shower would also be highly appreciated.
godspeed

Congrats samuraiR!

I can sympathize. Harumph!

mauberley I just noticed your avatar...

internet_fist_bump-2.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_fMN9kFm14&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

haha CONGRATS!

also, how are you going to manage that with school. Sheesh, you really are a superwoman

Not this time, no. We honestly don't care either way. I kinda want a boy because I am closing up shop for awhile before we have anymore kids, but I would also love it if Chicklet had a sister. I figure the surprise will be an extra motivator at the end, too.

As for managing that, I'm hoping I don't go early because gross anatomy ends right before my due date. But otherwise, class capture and a husband that can work from home when I have to go in, then daycare with their big sister. :)

Congrats Samurai :)
Ughh, I need to vent a little. I interviewed at a school that I absolutely loved back in September, and following the interview I sent them a letter of interest. In November I was waitlisted, which isn't a huge deal, because they have a lot of waitlist movement for those who show interest and write them letters. But I checked with them if they received the LOI I sent after my interview, and of course they hadn't. So I re-sent that letter, as well as a new LOI I wrote at the end of November. I also had another letter of rec sent to the school. And last night, a huge group of applicants were accepted from the waitlist. And I was not one of them. I know I can't control who gets accepted or not, but I just feel like I've been doing all the right things, jumping through as many hoops as they suggest, but still no acceptance. I know they must not hate me completely since they didn't outright reject me after my interview, but it's just frustrating. Harumph. That is all.

Gotta love this process, right? :rolleyes: I hope things work out for you Jules!
haha CONGRATS!

I'm betting on girl too. Statistically, more females are produced in times of stress, and finishing up the app process and starting MS1 certainly qualify as stressors in my book.

At least you'll be past the morning sickness stage before you start cadaver lab, right?:barf:

Sucks =(

To jump on the venting train, I worked on my birthday at the hospital 2 days ago and my present was a big bucket of projectile vomit on me. At least it was from a baby so it wasn't that bad... The drool from the homeless guy in the next room was also pretty gross. Yay bodily fluids!

Sucks =(

To jump on the venting train, I worked on my birthday at the hospital 2 days ago and my present was a big bucket of projectile vomit on me. At least it was from a baby so it wasn't that bad... The drool from the homeless guy in the next room was also pretty gross. Yay bodily fluids!

Speaking of bodily fluids, I totally had a catheter bag spill all over me today. I feel your pain :p