Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, poop on a stick. Another waitlist. :bullcrap:

It's ok raffle, at least you have one in your back pocket. The rest is just icing on the cake. Good luck though, hopefully one of those waitlists will become something.

Members don't see this ad :)
"awww poop" to quote my husband's favorite line from Despicable Me.

damn, sorry Raffle. I know you're gonna get the one you wanted

Same, and more annoyed than usual by this one. I can't in good faith write a LOI yet (might soon, at this rate), but I'm pretty close to cutting my losses and doing just that.
Ugh, Flow, sorry to hear....I'm rather annoyed by this too, so I'm just gonna say it. What the fluck are they thinking?! :lame:

Perhaps we'll be looking for housing in Decatur together. Doenst sound so bad if you ask me. ;)

Perhaps the best one will be saved for last? :xf:

Sorry Flow and Raffle. :(

So I just talked to my parents about financial aid stuff, and apparently they always file some extension on their taxes so they don't have to do them until August. Which is fine and dandy, except it means I'm essentially automatically disqualified from any school-based financial aid. I already talked to one school about it, and they said I'd just have to turn in my parents' info when it becomes available and that I won't be considered for aid until that point. Idk about other schools, but I'm guessing it's the same. So yeah... it's not like I'm expecting anything need-based from schools anyway since my parents do alright financially, but still... lame.

But in good news, I'm getting my hair done later today! Woo!

Oh, poop on a stick. Another waitlist. :bullcrap:
:(

Same, and more annoyed than usual by this one. I can't in good faith write a LOI yet (might soon, at this rate), but I'm pretty close to cutting my losses and doing just that.
Ugh, Flow, sorry to hear....I'm rather annoyed by this too, so I'm just gonna say it. What the fluck are they thinking?! :lame:

Perhaps we'll be looking for housing in Decatur together. Doenst sound so bad if you ask me. ;)

Perhaps the best one will be saved for last? :xf:
:( Did you get WL where Flow did too?:(

Can it please just be April? I'm so stressed I want to vomit. I just want to know where the hell I'm living in three months already.

:( Did you get WL where Flow did too?:(

Can it please just be April? I'm so stressed I want to vomit. I just want to know where the hell I'm living in three months already.

feels good to know where I'll be living within the next week or two

Ok, so I try not to get my hopes up too much about stuff -- maybe that's the Cub fan in me -- but I kind of hope I get in at Rush. :xf:

srs

i've got second look and house hunting this weekend. cheaaa

Members don't see this ad :)
i just found out that my mythology course meets the english requirement at the school i got into!! and to think that i was about to be forced to take a 4th year english course so i could matriculate!! baha great day!
FULLY FREE SUMMER HERE I COMEEEEEEEEEE :love:

edit: duckgirl, although i've been lurking in the shadows for a while. i have also been ninja rooting for u the whole time.
Also, your positive attitude is quite admirable.

I had to rush my little dog to the doggy ER just now. While he's in surgery and eating up my savings, I'm picking out clothes to wear to a funeral in the morning.

If bad things come in threes, I don't want to know what numero tres is. If it's a rejection from that school you all know I love, I'm going to be uber depressed. :cry:

I had to rush my little dog to the doggy ER just now. While he's in surgery and eating up my savings, I'm picking out clothes to wear to a funeral in the morning.

If bad things come in threes, I don't want to know what numero tres is. If it's a rejection from that school you all know I love, I'm going to be uber depressed. :cry:

what happened to your dog!?!?!?!?

and we all know you're going to get into that school. stay positive! They loved you

Love the hot sauce story. My mom is a spicy food queen, she would put hot sauce on a jalapeno and not even flinch :D. She's from the south so its totally like natural to her. I, on the other hand, did not inherit her love or ability to handle spicy foods.

Seriously. You're up early, Maubs! There's usually never anyone around this time of day.

Catching up:

Congrats on your invites, Daisy and Sun! Daisy, sorry to hear about your pup. I hope he's okay!

Flow, Hoody - waitlists are definitely poop on a stick. Hope they move!

Hope you're feeling better, Cougs!

GC, congrats on the house! That's awesome. Pics? When do you move?

Raffle, the hot sauce story made me LOL. I am working on building my spicy food tolerance, but I think I might die if I tried that particular sauce.

I'm sure I missed a bunch, it's been a couple days. Just found out since Virginia Tech added the interview day last weekend, their March acceptances are being delayed. Boo hiss.

Also, boyfriend got a job! Yay!

We close at the end of April. I'm so excited! I still totally want to throw for the Philly 2015ers in the summer. The place has a nice big backyard so we could definitely do it!

I will PM you pictures right now. I think Julie wanted to see them, too.

Seriously. You're up early, Maubs! There's usually never anyone around this time of day.

The joys of globalization mean I have 6:30am teleconferences on Thursdays. But I get off light compared to some of my co-workers.

The joys of globalization mean I have 6:30am teleconferences on Thursdays. But I get off light compared to some of my co-workers.
Lovely. Thursdays are late start in the OR, so I got to come in at 7 instead of 6.

You're making me really glad I headed for the hills instead of finishing my business degree though. I'd much rather deal with patients at 6am than business peeps.

Lovely. Thursdays are late start in the OR, so I got to come in at 7 instead of 6.

You're making me really glad I headed for the hills instead of finishing my business degree though. I'd much rather deal with patients at 6am than business peeps.

Yeah, I really shouldn't complain about 6:30 work responsibilities considering the line of work I'm intending to go into...well, maybe I should, if the early-morning responsibility in question is useless to begin with. :laugh:

Yeah, I really shouldn't complain about 6:30 work responsibilities considering the line of work I'm intending to go into...well, maybe I should, if the early-morning responsibility in question is useless to begin with. :laugh:
You mean you're not looking forward to prerounding at 4am? :laugh:

ordinary muslim guy -

tumblr_lhnw0tNjsP1qg6n8do1_500.jpg

tumblr_lfj8u2LZdV1qg6n8do1_400.jpg

Apumic just pissed me right the hell off. See REALLY want to be a doctor thread for details.

yea that d00d annoys me

Speaking of this, ever since you and a few other people here pointed out another poster that totally talks out of their ass about things they have no actual experience with, I see it ALL THE TIME. Prior to this, I was blissfully ignorant. This happens every time someone on a message board points out someone's annoying habits that I previously didn't notice before. Damn yooooooou!

Speaking of this, ever since you and a few other people here pointed out another poster that totally talks out of their ass about things they have no actual experience with, I see it ALL THE TIME. Prior to this, I was blissfully ignorant. This happens every time someone on a message board points out someone's annoying habits that I previously didn't notice before. Damn yooooooou!
which one? s*******?

sorry to awaken your senses dude, i have to call out BS when i smell it

Apumic just pissed me right the hell off. See REALLY want to be a doctor thread for details.

Dude...I cannot BELIEVE that.

I mean, it is true. I really beat the odds getting into med school with the horrible parenting I had. I went to daycare EVERY DAY until I was 12. It is amazing that I'm not still out on a street corner. :rolleyes:

My mom made $1/hr working after paying for day-care for me and my two brothers. In other words, she didn't have to work and we didn't have to go to day care. She wanted a break from us and we loved the hell out of day care.

My cousin on the other hand is a stay at home mom (and her husband is a stay at home dad, heh, yeah...). They have a two year old that can't even say ONE word on a consistent basis yet. And a 12 year old that performs at a 3rd grade level. They also have a 6th grader that performs at the 3rd grade level.

I'm not having kids, but when I do :)laugh:), they will be going to day care. period.

LOL, I don't even need to check the thread. That guy is numero uno on my SDN-d-bag list.

What it is, big momma? My momma din' raise no dummy. I dug her rap.

damn I'm gone for one day and the forum hits critical mass of flame wars that I must catch up on... I has a sad. :(