Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright, now I'm gonna have to go read this thread and think about engagement things some more... I swear, everyone and their mother that I know has gotten engaged in the last couple weeks, and it makes so many of my family/friends ask me when bf and I are gonna get engaged. Which is a really annoying question.

Edit: Geeks, your ring is gorgeous btw. And... top of the page, what up!

The next annoying question after you get married will be "when are you having kids?!"

+1 on the ring Geeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
my brother steam irons his money and presses it in a physicians deck reference. its annoying.

For the love of God, will someone ban ponybreeder already. Please.
Lower taxes are good. What do you think those people will do with their money?
You don't stay rich by spending it.

"The film is just me in front of a brick wall for an hour and a half. It cost $80 million."
"How do you sleep at night?"
"On top of a pile of money with many beautiful ladies."
"Just asking."

Lower taxes are good. What do you think those people will do with their money?

Not investing back in the great country that has the institutions and resources available for them to be as successful and to accumulate that wealth.

Its short-sightedness and selfishness. Taxes go back into supporting the institutions and systems available for starting small businesses and promoting entrepreneurship; those same institutions which they benefited from.

hahahahah!

Geeks, I just saw the thread you just closed. You're awesome - I lol'ed :laugh:

Have a good weekend, everyone!

hahahahah!

WTF GC! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Should've let it live a *little* bit longer... Ugh way to be responsible :smuggrin:

hahahahah!

olegmit1090200042.jpg

I am not that hot. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
the same thing they've always done, captain trickledown, save it and spend it elsewhere.

Like employing more people, or improving businesses that don't have the inconvenient overhead and waste of mind numbing bureaucracy, or charity? What the heck is wrong with savings? It's not like savings never get spent. Saving isn't a bad thing, Senor Condom.

Anyway, logical economic theory is not a big favorite of people who like taxes. Hayek, Bastiat, etc.

Like employing more people, or improving businesses that don't have the inconvenient overhead and waste of mind numbing bureaucracy, or charity? What the heck is wrong with savings? It's not like savings never get spent. Saving isn't a bad thing, Senor Condom.

Anyway, logical economic theory is not a big favorite of people who like taxes. Hayek, Bastiat, etc.

But since when do the rich in the modern era ever seek new employment from Americans anymore, when the rich and Republicans and "libertarians" have nothing but utter contempt for the middle and working classes and anything that symbolizes American pride and prosperity? They don't. They seek indentured employment in developing nations, place their money in foreign bank accounts, and establish businesses in Caribbean islands for tax loop holes, with the hope that the American consumer will still drink from their poisonous well with minimal benefit to the public.

The middle class in America shoulders a disproportionate amount of the nation's tax burden, while the rich do not put enough to fund the system from which they earned their wealth from.

Last edited:
sdn has AIDS REAL bad right now. someone, stop it.

I think this is the time in the cycle where a lot of people become frustrated, and it is being spewed all over the internet.

What I find funny is there are a ton of young bucks repeatedly giving advice about things they have not experienced yet. I just want to shout stfu.

I think this is the time in the cycle where a lot of people become frustrated, and it is being spewed all over the internet.

What I find funny is there are a ton of young bucks repeatedly giving advice about things they have not experienced yet. I just want to shout stfu.
4 real.

But since when do the rich in the modern era ever seek new employment from Americans anymore, when the rich and Republicans and "libertarians" have nothing but utter contempt for the middle and working classes and anything that symbolizes American pride and prosperity? They don't. They seek indentured employment in developing nations, place their money in foreign bank accounts, and establish businesses in Caribbean islands for tax loop holes, with the hope that the American consumer will still drink from their poisonous well with minimal benefit to the public.

The middle class in America shoulders a disproportionate amount of the nation's tax burden, while the rich do not put enough to fund the system from which they earned their wealth from.

*Like* this post.

About to go to sleep and my brain started churning.

Blows.

I know the feeling, and I've got to be at work by 5 am tomorrow ::sigh::

Since you're up, here is a video about cute finger sized monkeys to watch

[YOUTUBE]t64mT-57O54[/YOUTUBE]

I know the feeling, and I've got to be at work by 5 am tomorrow ::sigh::

Since you're up, here is a video about cute finger sized monkeys to watch

So, this will be my one-and-only post in this thread, as I will be applying next year. I lurk in here because you guys are hilarious, and I feel some kinship to you because a lot of us are older...don't even get me started on how unreliable the nontrad forum is for my entertainment needs.

Since yesterday was kind of monkey-themed on sdn, I thought I would give rHin01 this for the young bucks, use it as you see fit:

274350e2-3d02-43ab-8704-b44418709a3c.jpg

Hope it wasn't too bad getting to work at 5:00.

So, this will be my one-and-only post in this thread, as I will be applying next year. I lurk in here because you guys are hilarious, and I feel some kinship to you because a lot of us are older...don't even get me started on how unreliable the nontrad forum is for my entertainment needs.

Since yesterday was kind of monkey-themed on sdn, I thought I would give rHin01 this for the young bucks, use it as you see fit:

:laugh::laugh: nice, I'll put it to good use.

The non-trad forum was never my cup of tea. But, there are enough of us in this thread for it to be helpful to my own circumstances (I'm older too).

And getting up at 4 am to be at work by 5 am blows, but I'm sure I will be doing it alot during my career. So I will just have to get used to it. A guy came in through the urgent care last night, with a "broken penis." He said he fell out of his chair onto the floor while... wait for it... "watching tv." :laugh:

don't even get me started on how unreliable the nontrad forum is for my entertainment needs.

Being a non-trad is srs.

But I guess the little entertainment that is there is more cerebral and less image hotlinking.

Being a non-trad is srs.

But I guess the little entertainment that is there is more cerebral and less image hotlinking.

I know... :(

I feel their scornful eyes whenever I post any facepalms, lolcats, gifs or anything else of significant cultural value in that pretentious place. I'm the worst nontrad evar.

medzealot, you're pretty cool...I think you can post in here on a probationary basis;)

This thread is all about fun and support....get it wherever you can, man.

medzealot, you're pretty cool...I think you can post in here on a probationary basis;)

This thread is all about fun and support....get it wherever you can, man.

Words of wisdom:laugh:

I think there is some kind of thread timeline diagram to be made for SDN. Someone smarter than I am needs to help me.

Maybe it needs to involve the simultaneous musings of two different classes (the applying class and the soon to be applying class) and will have two different personalities (the happy and the unhappy)? I don't know. But I envision it to be something like this.

Threads Created in Pre-Allo, Organized By Month
May

• "OMG, I need personal statement help!!!! I am supr borring, not diverse, and cant spellz. Help!
  • For srs? Do I really have to submit my AMCAS June 1st? How late will I be if I submit June 2nd at 9am?
  • MD v. DO Argument
  • Do I really need ECs? Can't I just pick 15 bands I like and put them in the "Activities Section" of AMCAS? Oh, and when I do that...should I use bullets, or long and windy paragraphs?
  • Gap year, gap year, gap year, gap year, gap year.
June

• After re-reading my AMCAS for the 14th time after submission, I noticed a TYPO:scared: Can I just start all over again next year?
  • MD v. DO Argument
  • COME ON GUYS!!! Bullets or long windy paragraphs!!!!???!?!?!11
August

• Is it too late to take the MCAT?
  • My letter writer is ignoring my calls, emails, texts, and carrier pigeon notes. WTF?
  • OMG, I have no interview invites, should I be panicking now?
  • My transcripts STILL aren't there!! I ordered them 48 hours ago!!!!
September

• OMG,I only have 10 interview invites!
  • OMG, I have no interview invites! should I be panicking now?
  • I can't believe I interviewed at Harvard this week and they aren't going to tell me until MAY
  • MD v. DO Argument
October

• I got accepted on October 15 SUCKERS! You all should be panicking
  • OMG, I can't believe this time next year I could be in med skool! I need to start writing my PS right now so I can submit June 1st of next year!
  • MD v. DO Argument
November

• All I want for Thanksgiving/Christmas/Chanukkah/Festivus is an acceptance!
  • I've already been accepted into 14 schools, I don't know what to do guys!
  • Is it too late to apply for this year?
December

• If you have no interview invites....you should definitely be panicking.

March

• People be cray-cray

[Epic post]

Add to the "OMG I only have 10 interview invites!" if they have URM marked on their MDapps tons of jealousy-induced arguments.

Besides that, spot on cougs.

I think there is some kind of thread timeline diagram to be made for SDN. Someone smarter than I am needs to help me.

Maybe it needs to involve the simultaneous musings of two different classes (the applying class and the soon to be applying class) and will have two different personalities (the happy and the unhappy)? I don't know. But I envision it to be something like this.

Threads Created in Pre-Allo, Organized By Month
May

• "OMG, I need personal statement help!!!! I am supr borring, not diverse, and cant spellz. Help!
  • For srs? Do I really have to submit my AMCAS June 1st? How late will I be if I submit June 2nd at 9am?
  • MD v. DO Argument
  • Do I really need ECs? Can't I just pick 15 bands I like and put them in the "Activities Section" of AMCAS? Oh, and when I do that...should I use bullets, or long and windy paragraphs?
  • Gap year, gap year, gap year, gap year, gap year.
June

• After re-reading my AMCAS for the 14th time after submission, I noticed a TYPO:scared: Can I just start all over again next year?
  • MD v. DO Argument
  • COME ON GUYS!!! Bullets or long windy paragraphs!!!!???!?!?!11
August

• Is it too late to take the MCAT?
  • My letter writer is ignoring my calls, emails, texts, and carrier pigeon notes. WTF?
  • My transcripts STILL aren't there!! I ordered them 48 hours ago!!!!
September

• OMG,I only have 10 interview invites!
  • OMG, I have no interview invites! should I be panicking now?
  • I can't believe I interviewed at Harvard this week and they aren't going to tell me until MAY
  • MD v. DO Argument
October

• I got accepted on October 15 SUCKERS! You all should be panicking
  • OMG, I can't believe this time next year I could be in med skool! I need to start writing my PS right now so I can submit June 1st of next year!
  • MD v. DO Argument
November

• All I want for Thanksgiving/Christmas/Chanukkah/Festivus is an acceptance!
  • I've already been accepted into 14 schools, I don't know what to do guys!
  • Is it too late to apply for this year?
December

• If you have no interview invites....you should definitely be panicking.

March

• People be cray-cray

:laugh::laugh:

you're hilarious hahah

The following also need to be in there somehow:

• Can I drop all my hard classes and get drunk all day and still be ok?
  • Community Colleges are clearly a joke...how could anyone EVER go to one
  • URMz are takin all my spotz
  • "Hi guys, I'm new!" "RAWR, we eat our young!!!!! Prepare to be flamed"

That was excellent, Shanks:laugh:

Cougar! I like you cause you use "shanks" like me!!

Nice post on the pre-med time line. However, you gots to throw in that point where you finally get accepted and have the "Oh, crap I actually have to do this now" moment.

I've been wanting med school for such a long time and I'm ashamed to admit I had that moment.

Past week has been all about loans and what scholarships could I possibly qualify for and money, money, money!

Only reason I got with Medzealot is cause he seems to know a thing or two bout finances and numbers so hopefully the SDN relationship will get me some free advice :thumbup:

Congrats to all the 2015ers!! :love:

don't forget the harvard thread turns into a urm ****show every march

Cougar! I like you cause you use "shanks" like me!!

Nice post on the pre-med time line. However, you gots to throw in that point where you finally get accepted and have the "Oh, crap I actually have to do this now" moment.

I've been wanting med school for such a long time and I'm ashamed to admit I had that moment.

Past week has been all about loans and what scholarships could I possibly qualify for and money, money, money!

Only reason I got with Medzealot is cause he seems to know a thing or two bout finances and numbers so hopefully the SDN relationship will get me some free advice :thumbup:

Congrats to all the 2015ers!! :love:
welcome

I like it I like it...I also forgot all of those threads in April or so about what premeds do.

What fooooodz do you premeds eats!?

What kewl music do you, as a premed, listen to?

What are the best earmuffs for premedz?!