Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys.... I think I am converting to a Mud PHud, so..... I will likely no longer be a member of 2015. :(

28439eeec19ea3c4b1c76d23b1fff1bd.gif
Why sad? That's awesome, congrats! Bit of a longer haul but I'm sure it'd be worth it. Good luck, hope you get it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

You're only gonna reapply to your current school for the mud phud?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're only gonna reapply to your current school for the mud phud?

yeah, I am applying as an "advanced" trainee and I would officially start after M2 and boards. I have been told every current MD student who has applied in the past four years (only 1 - 2 a year, so small data set there...) has been accepted.

I guess applying as a current medical student saves the MD/PhD people a ton of risk because they're always afraid people will drop out before/early into the PhD years. Individual PI's would pay my salary, so it's actually a great situation for the MD/PhD office, haha. They just have to pay for my tuition/stipend if I finish my PhD.

So, I have to interview with kids who are still in undergrad... this is going to be weird, haha.

Congrats tiedye! Do you know what area you want to do research in?

We have finals starting in 2 days. I'm woefully behind. Of course, I'm doing everything in my power to procrastinate as much as possible. The internetz has never seemed so interesting before!

100 percent sure it will be in Neuroscience. Hopefully I get in, but more hopefully I finish that last seven weeks of M1, Haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

I've heard similar things (that current md students who switch to md/phd always get accepted). I can't even imagine being md/phd...the very last thing I want to do after doing so much research in undergrad and my gap year is more research! But I really respect the people who do it, so best wishes.

Last edited:
I've heard similar things (that current md students who switch to md/phd always get accepted). I can't even imagine being md/phd...the very last thing I want to do after doing so much research in undergrad and my gap year is more research! But I really respect the people who do it, so best wishes.

Yeah, still struggling with that. Depending on my residency, I will likely be 35+ when I become an attending... That still hurts me to think about it.

I dunno about you guys but we have six more weeks starting friday! Two more three week neuro blocks!!!!!!! Holy crap, the light at the end of the tunnel is dangerously close!!!!

Here's to hoping you write a chapter in a future textbook...

Members don't see this ad :)
We have break till August 20th! I think I might actually have a longer summer break for med school than I did for undergrad.

You guys get only 8 weeks?! Bummer. That's seems way too short. :(

Yeah.... we go back august 8th, I think. :( Damn. We started around august 8th this past year, jeez.

We only get 8 weeks and I'm doing research allllll 88888 weeeeekkks

4 exams down. 2 to go: histo and gross shelf exams.

Summer officially begins on 12:20 pm next Thursday!

I'm so ready for this year to be over.

:uhno:

We have 5 more weeks.

was looking something up in Robbins and accidentally flipped open to a page on penile neoplasms oh god oh god oh god oh god

Whenever I open Robbins, I get a Burkitt's Lymphoma.

It follows me!

OMG!!! Kaushik and I are done with our M1 year. We also both just went to six flags yesterday and braved the giant drop.

I finally have time to be on SDN again =D
so yes, that means I just signed up to read personal statements.... (I need help).

OMG!!! Kaushik and I are done with our M1 year. We also both just went to six flags yesterday and braved the giant drop.

I finally have time to be on SDN again =D
so yes, that means I just signed up to read personal statements.... (I need help).

Holy crap, I am SO jealous of you guys. Man, five more weeks here....

How cute, the 2017 school specific threads are up!

Bump from the second page!

Yeh, Six Flags was awesome! Good times with good friends. The giant drop is one of the few rides that scares the crap out of me (at least, on the first run...everything becomes easier afterward). Can't wait to go back again during summer when Flight-X opens up. It looks AMAZING! :)

Holy crap, I am SO jealous of you guys. Man, five more weeks here....
Sorries! :(

Not gonna lie though; it feels awesome to be done with M1 year and finally relax for a bit. Hope all your guys' final exams go well and can't wait for you to join me and avoidthetiger in the glory that is the laziness of summer!

Not gonna lie though; it feels awesome to be done with M1 year and finally relax for a bit. Hope all your guys' final exams go well and can't wait for you to join me and avoidthetiger in the glory that is the laziness of summer!

Three more exams over four weeks...... time to push!

Since I decided to move out of my place and in with a friend, I still haven't gotten to feel that laziness of the summer :( Can't wait though! So glad to be done with MS1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oB5n7fdxdU&list=UUsg-7__qbYgmYDfjLB3-uWQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Last edited:
2 more weeks for us, then I jump right into my summer fellowship. Feeling a little insane for doing that, but I am looking forward to it.

BUMP!...for old times sake

Congrats on (almost) having first year behind you, 2015! :love:

so while watching avengers, i saw a preview for a movie about the previously dignified abraham lincoln being an axe-wielding vampire slayer...i don't want to live on this planet anymore

:hello:

Torr, I forgot that your avatar isn't a static picture. I was staring at it and freaked out when the alien moved. :smuggrin:

:) Hi!

Ya. No one usually sticks around long enough but after doing that quiver move for like 3.5 minutes the alien gets off the surgical table and walks away!

so while watching avengers, i saw a preview for a movie about the previously dignified abraham lincoln being an axe-wielding vampire slayer...i don't want to live on this planet anymore

I thought this was a joke! It's not even a comedy...it's like for serious :eyebrow:

Bump from page five... now that M1 year is finally over... :eek:

Two more weeks of exams almost every other day. Woohoo.....

Man, this thread is DOORKNOB DEAD.

What were you guys up to this summer?

ohai, I earned my 2+ year badge ^.^

Dude, I did next to nothing and it was glorious.

I went on a vacation with just the hubs. His parents watched the kids. I read the first 3 books of A Song of Ice and Fire plus a cheesy romance novel, played video games and watched TV. That was about it.

You?

Man, this thread is DOORKNOB DEAD.

What were you guys up to this summer?

ohai, I earned my 2+ year badge ^.^

Congrats on the two year! I think I earn my five year coming up, hooray!

Drank tons of whiskey, played COD, and played tons of soccer, blew up the class of 2016 thread. I miss it terribly.