Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this thread in MD forum. As many here have started getting the acceptances, thought to start similar thread here. What better way to spend time then creating a thread in SDN at after mifnight.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think there was once this board...but it looks like it's been buried deep haha, I have no idea what happened to it

I think there was once this board...but it looks like it's been buried deep haha, I have no idea what happened to it
I could not find it. and you know past midnight, my search capability might have been weak.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, yea, I couldn't find it either, so it's nice to have a new one up

u guys should def get this started like the allo guys

WOOOO HOOOOO! I'm getting so so so excited!

u guys should def get this started like the allo guys

The other one got dug back up, I haven't looked but I think it's still on the front page. Either way, I'll respond to both :)

The other ones wack, it's all about people asking questions about their app. I'm down to make this one our legit community thread.

Officially joining the class of 2015 thread. :thumbup:

yeah!!! count me in too... good luck to everyone

How the heck did scott pilgrim end up getting such good reviews? 79% on rottentomatoes thats ridiculous!

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially joining the Class of 2015 as well.

Hi everyone I'm not the class of 2015, but can you please post your stats so we can know our odds. Thanks.

Hi everyone I'm not the class of 2015, but can you please post your stats so we can know our odds. Thanks.

Don't think that's the purpose of this thread, check out the old class of 2015 thread or the underdog thread for more of that. This is more of a community/off-topic discussion place (at least if we're modeling it after the MD one). Not trying to be all uptight, its just that this is pretty much the only thread we can have non-application chat in. :thumbup:

Woo hoo!!!! Joining the Class of 2015 thread! So...what's everyone doing between now and next summer? I'm working and trying to save as much money as I can, spending time with friends, and hopefully having a carefree time!

i added western, ccom, and umndj today after my new mcat score. nothing like spending another 114 dollars to celebrate (plus the cost of each secondary)!~

For the year I will be working, training in martial arts (hopefully testing for and recieving my 3rd degree black belt this spring), reading, brush up on anatomy (have not see it in 5 years) and enjoy the year.

I'm working but I need to find a new damn job! haha Interview today went well but I'm not sure the research is interesting enough or they are paying enough to warrant relocating back up to LA or commuting UGH Only appealing aspect is that it is a full time job so it is so much more stable than the crap I've been put through at the current per diem spot. Other downside is most places want more than a year commitment

I'm working but I need to find a new damn job! haha Interview today went well but I'm not sure the research is interesting enough or they are paying enough to warrant relocating back up to LA or commuting UGH Only appealing aspect is that it is a full time job so it is so much more stable than the crap I've been put through at the current per diem spot. Other downside is most places want more than a year commitment

Two questions.

Last edited:
Two questions, one I've been meaning to ask for a while is did you work at the dailybruin? The second is are you from the south bay?

Nope and Nope. I was in Pike if you knew anyone in the greek system. I'm from Orange County

Gotcha, nvm then, thought you might be someone I used to know.

I just realized I'm now a 1k member, sad. Plus my 2 year member status will be coming in a week. Ridiculous.

HockeyDr, as you joined this thread, it automatically became the official Class 2015 thread.

SDN celebrity.:cool:

:laugh:.

For the year I will be working, training in martial arts (hopefully testing for and recieving my 3rd degree black belt this spring), reading, brush up on anatomy (have not see it in 5 years) and enjoy the year.

That sounds pretty badass. I saw you got into LECOM (not sure if you will be attending). If you do attend I expect to be learning some serious martial arts training,:laugh: I always wanted to learn.

I was offered two jobs the week of my acceptance (unbelievable luck, I know :luck:). Per diem is tough, I was lucky to find positions that wanted roughly a year commitment so it wound up working out pretty well.

I just realized I'm now a 1k member, sad. Plus my 2 year member status will be coming in a week. Ridiculous.

Look at you with your veteran status. I wish there was an emoticon of an old man with like a straggly long beard. :laugh:

Look at you with your veteran status. I wish there was an emoticon of an old man with like a straggly long beard. :laugh:
:laugh:

stickpoke.gif

'git off my lawn you yougins

Anyone else in the "accepted" category getting dirty looks from co-applicants when discussing the interview/acceptance process?

I won't even offer much to the discussion when my coworkers (who are also applying) talk about their applications.... they just say, "shut up painmd87, you're already in."

Anyone else in the "accepted" category getting dirty looks from co-applicants when discussing the interview/acceptance process?

I won't even offer much to the discussion when my coworkers (who are also applying) talk about their applications.... they just say, "shut up painmd87, you're already in."
that is a problem i would be glad to accept.

Officially joining the Class of 2015 thread, as well!

I don't know anyone in my "real life" who is applying to med school so no one is hostile. I am an older nontrad applicant, though, and I have noticed that a lot of people actually don't respond at all when I tell them I am going to med school in a year. I guess they just think it is really weird to go to med school at my age. :p

cobe3mat said:

For anyone who is curious, my MDApps profile has accurate GPA and MCAT data on it.

That sounds pretty badass. I saw you got into LECOM (not sure if you will be attending). If you do attend I expect to be learning some serious martial arts training,:laugh: I always wanted to learn

Yeah I will be attending LECOM for LDP. It was my top choice school. Since then I have withdrawn my application from the other schools I applied to. No need to waste their adcoms time with my application when I have no intention of going. And I already bought LECOM apparel last friday. I had the day off so my sister and I drove up (about 3 hrs each way). We owed it to my parents from a christmas IOU a year and a half ago.

officially joining the class of 2015...how is everyone doing?

God bless you all on your medical careers, this is only the beginning

Started my new job last week (Med. Lab. Tech.) and it has been wearing me out :laugh:. It's 10 hour days which is nice because I get Fri-Sunday off, but I play hockey Sat, Sun, Mon and need some more sleep :laugh:. Anyone else in the full work week grind, knowing that they have to wait a full year before school again? I know I should "enjoy" not starting for a year but i'm already ready to go!

Started my new job last week (Med. Lab. Tech.) and it has been wearing me out :laugh:. It's 10 hour days which is nice because I get Fri-Sunday off, but I play hockey Sat, Sun, Mon and need some more sleep :laugh:. Anyone else in the full work week grind, knowing that they have to wait a full year before school again? I know I should "enjoy" not starting for a year but i'm already ready to go!

we are in the same exact boat..except for the hockey part..i'm a basketball guy myself...takiing my ascp exam next week then starting my full time till next year...wish i could've been starting now though

I want a schedule like that. As is the interview I"m HOPING to get is a Telemetry tech job that is night shift so I'll be working 7:30 to 7:30 friday, sat, sunday. No weekend trips with the guys for me :mad: upside is I can keep my other job and rake in some serious cash. Since I'm living at home I can save every dime once my CC is paid off and actually make a decent dent in first year living expenses! We'll see how that works out though

I want a schedule like that. As is the interview I"m HOPING to get is a Telemetry tech job that is night shift so I'll be working 7:30 to 7:30 friday, sat, sunday. No weekend trips with the guys for me :mad: upside is I can keep my other job and rake in some serious cash. Since I'm living at home I can save every dime once my CC is paid off and actually make a decent dent in first year living expenses! We'll see how that works out though

Night shift is where it's at (at work now!)

We'll call it pre-residency life training....

Night shift is where it's at (at work now!)

We'll call it pre-residency life training....

:laugh: My normal shift is 4pm - 12:30 at the hospital I currently work at. Occasionally I'll get an overnight 7-7 12 hr. New job is a weekend 7:30-7:30 though consistently, i'll be cool with that though since its full time and comes with benefits, etc. Plus 30hr calls during residency will be way worse.

:laugh: My normal shift is 4pm - 12:30 at the hospital I currently work at. Occasionally I'll get an overnight 7-7 12 hr. New job is a weekend 7:30-7:30 though consistently, i'll be cool with that though since its full time and comes with benefits, etc. Plus 30hr calls during residency will be way worse.

Oh I don't think it'll be anything like this. I'm just saying it's training being forced to function at a high level when the sun is down, being able to sleep when given the time to, etc.

For the record, my hours are 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. M-Thurs... if I want to work a 5-day week like the rest of the world, I love those 10 hrs with a 50% raise!

P.S. Am I on the only one who applied to a ton of schools and wants to get rejected from the other 24 now that I have 1 acceptance in hand??? Doesn't that set the stage the ultimate "no one believed in me!" moment at graduation?

Oh I don't think it'll be anything like this. I'm just saying it's training being forced to function at a high level when the sun is down, being able to sleep when given the time to, etc.

For the record, my hours are 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. M-Thurs... if I want to work a 5-day week like the rest of the world, I love those 10 hrs with a 50% raise!

P.S. Am I on the only one who applied to a ton of schools and wants to get rejected from the other 24 now that I have 1 acceptance in hand??? Doesn't that set the stage the ultimate "no one believed in me!" moment at graduation?

:laugh: Yes. I want as many acceptances as I can get even after the first so I can choose the school I like best. I've already got enough people doubting me as is. I've already seen Bradenton, Western, Midwestern AZ and Touro-NV so I've gotten a feel for some but I'd love to check out KCOM (this one epsecially), CCOM, PCOM, NSU, USUHS and a few other schools, even if its just interview invites to compare.

Working M-F, with rotating weekends. A mixture of 630am-3pm and 230pm-11pm shifts. Getting 3 karate classes in and trying to read a hand full of books (keep the old brain working since I am not taking any classes).

I have had enough rejections over the past few years. Been turned down by 28 different schools over the past few years (mostly MD, with a handful of DO). 1 interview, 1 acceptance at my top choice this year, I withdrew my apps at the 5 other schools I applied to.

I guess I'm the odd-woman out with the normal work schedule 8-4:30 m-f! I have to admit I do like having the weekends off, but I suppose I will get used to working at night and during the weekends/holidays!

I do want some interviews, not that I would go to them, but I just want them...hahaa! :D

Been turned down by 28 different schools over the past few years (mostly MD, with a handful of DO). 1 interview, 1 acceptance at my top choice this year, I withdrew my apps at the 5 other schools I applied to.

I have you beat in that category, avion. I was rejected at 32 MD programs last year. Not even one interview invitation. When you are a marginal candidate you are supposed to apply "broadly." The problem with that approach is the ego damage when your broad selection of schools all reject you. I'll just say there is no way to feel good about that. :(

My stats aren't all that bad but I felt my record of 0 for 32 last year qualified me as an underdog. I thought about joining the underdog thread on here but figured I'd be rejected! LOL

Anyway, things worked out and I was accepted at the first DO school I applied to this year. I am happy with this result and I am not applying anywhere else.

During the next 11 months I will continue to work at the same full time job in clinical research (psychiatry) that I have worked at for the past nine years. It is a M-F job, the hours are flexible to some extent and the job is not stressful generally. I wish it paid more and I am a little bored after nine years but probably wouldn't be able to get something that pays better and might as well stick around for 11 months.

I am going to start checking science textbooks out of the library on microbio, genetics, cell/molecular bio, etc. I wasn't a science major so I never had these subjects and feel as if I will be handicapped when I start med school. I am going to read up on my own as much as possible this year.

Last edited:
The other ones wack, it's all about people asking questions about their app. I'm down to make this one our legit community thread.

Sho' you right, man! I was just thinking about the good ol' community threads from the past. We definitely needed one.

Let's start this off with a group hug!

walsh.jpg

No mas senior. ACGME work hours are being revamped next year. The maximum shift is now going to be 16 hours... Sounds nice, but I think it's actually more about liability than caring about residents and will end up biting us all in the ***** by creating more night float, harder 2nd - X years, etc...