Class of 2016....how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry for your dog and your likely exam grade.
But man, I do love a good food bloat radiograph....

Members don't see this ad.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the endocrine system.....

Did I mention hate?

Me vs. Endocrine System:

78373-matt-leblanc-catfight-gif-pmfj.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
That class was a killer for us. So glad it's over! Hang in there, DVMD!

It's sometimes (often) super frustrating, but I do really like the puzzle aspect to endocrine cases. It's one of the sections of clin path that I started to enjoy a lot more as all the pieces started falling into place.

edit: T-minus one hour before endocrine exam, currently loving it a little less. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
4 hour dystocia and fetotomy lab in a week with 2 major exams, when everyone not taking this elective class had the afternoon off to study for our (likely to be a disaster) toxicology test....at first I was all like "ain't nobody got time for this" but at the end of the lab I was all "OMG this is what I got into vet med for!!!" Thank you food animal therio, for bring me my only real reminder in weeks of what the h*ll I'm doing this all for anyway :D
Now off to study tox....:(

Reactions: 1 users
4 hour dystocia and fetotomy lab in a week with 2 major exams, when everyone not taking this elective class had the afternoon off to study for our (likely to be a disaster) toxicology test....at first I was all like "ain't nobody got time for this" but at the end of the lab I was all "OMG this is what I got into vet med for!!!" Thank you food animal therio, for bring me my only real reminder in weeks of what the h*ll I'm doing this all for anyway :D
Now off to study tox....:(

I'm not even large animal but I loved the dystocia/fetotomy lab we did. It helped that I'd been lambing like the week before but it was so fun.

Somehow managed to get higher than the class average on my endocrine exam Monday after spending most of the weekend in ICU with Mojo. I'm excited, but can't help thinking how I would have gotten an A if there wasn't the hamster food ingestion.

Respiratory exam tomorrow. I find it so much more difficult to study about horses and cows than I do dogs and cats (sorry LA people!)

Today the year above us had their last lecture of vet school ever.... They all dressed up in onesies, even the lecturer dressed up to celebrate with them.

All they have left between them and clinics are exams right before Easter Break, Break, then a small course that is case based and not graded.

I can't stop thinking about how I will be in that same position in one year..... :eek:

Today the year above us had their last lecture of vet school ever.... They all dressed up in onesies, even the lecturer dressed up to celebrate with them.

All they have left between them and clinics are exams right before Easter Break, Break, then a small course that is case based and not graded.

I can't stop thinking about how I will be in that same position in one year..... :eek:

It will be here sooner than you can believe!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a rejection for our summer anesthesia crew team today. I was really sure I was going to get it and now I'm worried that I won't have any source of income this summer. Plus, I'm just really bummed out about it.

Spring Break really needs to get here!

Really bummed that I'm heading back to cold and snowy Philly tomorrow. I don't want to get back into the constant work/tests/quizzes. I even start off the week with a 6:30 AM wards shift. =(

I am looking forward to seeing my dog and piggies though.

I'm skipping my afternoon class, so I'm officially on spring breaaaakkkkk. :hardy: :soexcited:

(I start my break by working on Saturday, but still, BREAK! No classes! Florida! Manatees! soexcited.) What's everyone else's schedule look like?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm skipping my afternoon class, so I'm officially on spring breaaaakkkkk. :hardy: :soexcited:

(I start my break by working on Saturday, but still, BREAK! No classes! Florida! Manatees! soexcited.) What's everyone else's schedule look like?

I skipped morning classes today for no reason other than I didn't want to get out bed. Now I'm sitting in Epidemiology and then have one more hour of Infectious Disease left. Then it's happy hour and my mom is coming down to take me out to dinner.

We already had our break, so freedom begins May 24th. Plus side is that I'm definitely going to the Galapagos this summer! It's going to cost me more since flights are more expensive now since I normally would have bought my ticket back in December. However, Ecuador apparently changed their policy for volunteers entering the country, so it's really backed up the whole process. But I really want to go, so I'm going to make the financial side of it work somehow.

Plus side is that I'm definitely going to the Galapagos this summer! It's going to cost me more since flights are more expensive now since I normally would have bought my ticket back in December. However, Ecuador apparently changed their policy for volunteers entering the country, so it's really backed up the whole process. But I really want to go, so I'm going to make the financial side of it work somehow.
What will you be going for? That sounds awesome :) (Our last final is May 29th....)

I skipped morning classes today for no reason other than I didn't want to get out bed. Now I'm sitting in Epidemiology and then have one more hour of Infectious Disease left. Then it's happy hour and my mom is coming down to take me out to dinner.

We already had our break, so freedom begins May 24th. Plus side is that I'm definitely going to the Galapagos this summer! It's going to cost me more since flights are more expensive now since I normally would have bought my ticket back in December. However, Ecuador apparently changed their policy for volunteers entering the country, so it's really backed up the whole process. But I really want to go, so I'm going to make the financial side of it work somehow.

What will you be going for? That sounds awesome :) (Our last final is May 29th....)

I always forget how early NC State ends compared to other schools. Our last final is April 17th! Then two weeks of selectives and we're totally done May 2nd.

Another student (think she's a 3rd year) has set up a spay/neuter clinic there for the locals to help get dog/cat populations down and provide care/basic pet education. So students go down every summer to help out with that but then we also get to do some touristy things too, so it should be a fun time.

Got a rejection for our summer anesthesia crew team today. I was really sure I was going to get it and now I'm worried that I won't have any source of income this summer. Plus, I'm just really bummed out about it.

Spring Break really needs to get here!

Awww, that sucks. I think you would have been a good fit! I actually applied for the summer crew as well and was rejected.

Hope you enjoy your spring break!

I cannot wait for 2nd year to be over. I'm tired of classroom work, tired of feeling stupid in my class, tired of being tired. Please hurry up summer!

Awww, that sucks. I think you would have been a good fit! I actually applied for the summer crew as well and was rejected.

Hope you enjoy your spring break!

Thanks, they only accepted 7 people this year instead of 9. So, that may be part of it.

Anyways, I'll be doing research with our behavioralist, so I'm excited about that. It'll give me more free time, that's for sure!

Spring break is here, and I am just waiting until the end of the week for the AAHA Conference in Nashville.

Totally just got up in front of my entire class to mimic active vomiting. It was a great performance.

This externship has been amazing.

I have now seen 6 or 7 limb amputations. One of which the vet allowed me to clamp off any bleeding vessels as she was cutting.

I have now neutered a cat.

I have been able to do half a spay on a dog (one uterine horn).

I have also now neutered a dog (not the puppy I mentioned in the rant thread).

I was taught how to declaw a cat.

I have learned many new surgical knots and have been given the opportunity to practice suturing things.

I have also seen many interesting xrays, including a dog with Schiff-Sherrington.

Easter Break has been great so far. :)

Reactions: 10 users
This externship has been amazing.

I have now seen 6 or 7 limb amputations. One of which the vet allowed me to clamp off any bleeding vessels as she was cutting.

I have now neutered a cat.

I have been able to do half a spay on a dog (one uterine horn).

I have also now neutered a dog (not the puppy I mentioned in the rant thread).

I was taught how to declaw a cat.

I have learned many new surgical knots and have been given the opportunity to practice suturing things.

I have also seen many interesting xrays, including a dog with Schiff-Sherrington.

Easter Break has been great so far. :)
So jealous (and happy for you)!
Wait, they declaw in the UK? I find that surprising.

We had a class meeting today about scheduling for 4th year clinics. It's getting a bit too real for my taste :p

Just had our orientation on electives/externships etc for 3rd and 4th year. I'm planning on doing Early Entry and skipping Large Animal block, so I need to fill 8 weeks with externships from January-early March. I have some I already plan on contacting either later today or over the weekend but there are several that I want to try to apply for, but I don't have experience in that area. Hopefully people will be willing to give me a chance to explore other fields.

Two weeks left of second year!!! AHHHH

Done with the worst final exam of this semester... cumulative clin path on a Saturday morning, UGH! I wish I felt good about it - really having a bit of a downer moment about my competency level after that trainwreck.

train.gif

On the bright side, in a week I'm going to be done with finals and taking some pretty awesome elective courses (companion avian! primate!) Just gotta chug-a-chug-a along until then I suppose. Oi.

My Spring Break is coming to an end.... :(

Back to Scotland on Friday and classes on Monday. Finals are on May 23rd... the massive cramming begins when I get back over the pond...

Done with finals (and 1/2 DVM!). So excited! I start my first externship on Monday (excited and slightly terrified!). They are going to expect me to know ALL THE THINGS!

Done with finals (and 1/2 DVM!). So excited! I start my first externship on Monday (excited and slightly terrified!). They are going to expect me to know ALL THE THINGS!
Soo very envious of you right now. I'm still 2 days away from classes being over. My motivation, however, has been over for weeks now.