Class of 2016....how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah way to far away. I literally wouldn't make it that long.
Yeah, I checked out at least a week ago. This is a bad sign.....

Members don't see this ad.

Our last final is like the 23rd...unless I fail the equine/cow PE practical which is highly possible.

And I checked out at least over a month ago. Probably in the beginning of the semester really.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just took final #4 of 7. Fingers crossed I did enough to keep my B in all these classes. Chronic pain is not your friend when trying to study. And scheduling 2 painful procedures back to back the week before finals might not have been the smartest choice. But it had to be done.

My hardest final is tomorrow, but I've been studying really hard for it. Fingers crossed it goes well, as I did horrible on the midterm and really need to do awesome on the final to bring me up to a decent grade.

Just took final #4 of 7. Fingers crossed I did enough to keep my B in all these classes. Chronic pain is not your friend when trying to study. And scheduling 2 painful procedures back to back the week before finals might not have been the smartest choice. But it had to be done.

My hardest final is tomorrow, but I've been studying really hard for it. Fingers crossed it goes well, as I did horrible on the midterm and really need to do awesome on the final to bring me up to a decent grade.
GOOD LUCK, JAM!!! :cat::cat::cat::xf::luck::luck::turtle::turtle::turtle:

Barely scraped by with my goal grade in two classes. One final left- and I am already passing the course so idgaf!

I'm in the same boat y'all, 5 finals in the next 12 days and yet I'm watching tv and drinking a beer.
This semester I have come to rely on what I call ' the fear' in order to study. The fear' is oh **** my exam is tomorrow so I had better get studying. Bad plan, but it is literally the only way I can motivate myself when I have had one or two ( or three) exams every week all semester.
Not sure the fear will work with the UK exam system DVMDream. Wish I could be more helpful.

Start my first externship tomorrow...crazy 13 hour days!!! Eeek! I hope I learn a lot (and that they don't expect me to remember ALL the things!)!!!

For any of us still studying/taking exams....

sev-finals-8-lgn-53659886.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already accepted that I'm failing tomorrow's final. It's our practical on equine and bovine PEs. We have 30 minutes for each one and have to do a list of things within that time. The bovine one even has to follow a specific order. It's not necessarily difficult, but the majority of us have seen/worked with horses and cows on a very limited basis, so it's kind of overwhelming. And I get really nervous/anxious for tests to begin with, so I'm sure I'm going to get flustered with just figuring out how to put the halter on when it's given to me in a tangled ball. Oh and there's supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow, so that's cool.

I've already accepted that I'm failing tomorrow's final. It's our practical on equine and bovine PEs. We have 30 minutes for each one and have to do a list of things within that time. The bovine one even has to follow a specific order. It's not necessarily difficult, but the majority of us have seen/worked with horses and cows on a very limited basis, so it's kind of overwhelming. And I get really nervous/anxious for tests to begin with, so I'm sure I'm going to get flustered with just figuring out how to put the halter on when it's given to me in a tangled ball. Oh and there's supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow, so that's cool.

I remember my cattle handling exam last year... I did ok with the halter, lifting a leg, pointing out where you can draw blood, body condition scoring, etc. Then the last question he asked me was "How old is this cow?"

Ok, so this was the last of 5 handling exams in one week and I was half awake at this point. Anyway, I looked at the cow and said "She looks about 3 years old." I didn't look at teeth or anything, just looked at the cow and said she appears to be 3. :laugh:

Luckily, the examiner was a nice guy and mentioned I can look at her teeth...oops. My brain was fried that day.

Anyway, good luck with your final. :luck:

I remember my cattle handling exam last year... I did ok with the halter, lifting a leg, pointing out where you can draw blood, body condition scoring, etc. Then the last question he asked me was "How old is this cow?"

Ok, so this was the last of 5 handling exams in one week and I was half awake at this point. Anyway, I looked at the cow and said "She looks about 3 years old." I didn't look at teeth or anything, just looked at the cow and said she appears to be 3. :laugh:

Luckily, the examiner was a nice guy and mentioned I can look at her teeth...oops. My brain was fried that day.

Anyway, good luck with your final. :luck:

Luckily we don't have to age anything. Just haltering both species, PEs on both, PCV/TS, urine (cow) pick hooves for horse and tell them how to place an IV catheter, and do a oro or nasogastric tube depending on the species. I just don't think I can accomplish it all in a half hour.

And I'm a disaster as BCSing both animals. Maybe a bit better with cows.

Luckily we don't have to age anything. Just haltering both species, PEs on both, PCV/TS, urine (cow) pick hooves for horse and tell them how to place an IV catheter, and do a oro or nasogastric tube depending on the species. I just don't think I can accomplish it all in a half hour.

And I'm a disaster as BCSing both animals. Maybe a bit better with cows.

I am horrible at BCSing anything that isn't a dog or a cat. Cows always look thin to me, sheep are always fat and horses are just confusing for me.

Well, passed the written part. Think I might have messed up some of my explanations for an IV catheter in a horse and the nasogastric tube as well as the CMT on the cow, so we'll just have to wait and see how strict they want to be.

Well, passed the written part. Think I might have messed up some of my explanations for an IV catheter in a horse and the nasogastric tube as well as the CMT on the cow, so we'll just have to wait and see how strict they want to be.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Last semester I passed my clinical techniques practical on a horse. If I can then anyone can, I assure you! I even forgot the lung field of horses and important stuff about the colon.... :oops:They're so big, I just get confused with the anatomy.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Last semester I passed my clinical techniques practical on a horse. If I can then anyone can, I assure you! I even forgot the lung field of horses and important stuff about the colon.... :oops:They're so big, I just get confused with the anatomy.

I probably did fine, but we literally have to get a perfect on the PE, handling or explain things perfectly or you fail and retake. No room for error unfortunately. They're working on changing the grading I think for future years, but it was still pretty much perfect or retake for my class.

I probably did fine, but we literally have to get a perfect on the PE, handling or explain things perfectly or you fail and retake. No room for error unfortunately. They're working on changing the grading I think for future years, but it was still pretty much perfect or retake for my class.
That's unfair. Ours was much more used as a learning experience, where if you were not totally incompetent, asked questions and admitted if you didn't know something humbly, you passed.

That's unfair. Ours was much more used as a learning experience, where if you were not totally incompetent, asked questions and admitted if you didn't know something humbly, you passed.

Yeah, it's kind of been a sore spot for a little while. I think this type of examining has only been going on for a short period of time, so they're still working things out. I knew it was graded this way, so I'm trying not get bent out of shape like a lot of people and will just take my C for those portions. I definitely think my PEs and everything were passable otherwise. I don't have my results yet, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I can think of a few things I forgot, or did out of order that they could technically fail me for.

We have an exam like that, they just implemented it this year, but if you dont get something right on a portion of it than you have to retake it. Its made a lot of people very angry (because no body "passed" everything :smack:)

We have an exam like that, they just implemented it this year, but if you dont get something right on a portion of it than you have to retake it. Its made a lot of people very angry (because no body "passed" everything :smack:)

I just wish I could have been told right away cause I would have rather stayed late today and retook it until having to wait until the 27th now.

Omg! It finally happened- I'm done with 2 nd year!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I was going to be done the 23rd, but since I have to retake the practical, it's now the 27th...

And I still have 5 finals left, 4 of which are next week.

Sorry to everyone still trudging through...you'll make it. Hang in there indeed!

I found this while procrastinating during exam studying...it was exactly how I felt for the last month.
3777de28f0d1954b17454b85f40a21a02e2149318eb24bda99fbf7ea3c6c9b8a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Officially done!!!!!!
- Have to say though, that final was rough. It was more multiple guess than anything else. You know you're in trouble when an answer seems just as plausible as the next.

We didn't have who normally teaches/organizes the course this year. Not sure if it was in our favor though...
Really. Damn.. I should have stuck around.....
It had to have been better though...Had so many friends complaining that they got credit taken off over differences in English language interpretations, rather than knowledge problems.

Really. Damn.. I should have stuck around.....
It had to have been better though...Had so many friends complaining that they got credit taken off over differences in English language interpretations, rather than knowledge problems.

I dunno. It was multiple choice and I feel a lot of the questions you kind of had to figure out who was asking it to figure out what their personal preference was. Probably one of those "grass is greener on the other side" moments.

Exam is on Friday... this is how I am feeling: :scared::scared::scared:

I really don't think I know enough to pass, but just going to have to keep at the studying and hope for the best.

Exam is on Friday... this is how I am feeling: :scared::scared::scared:

I really don't think I know enough to pass, but just going to have to keep at the studying and hope for the best.
You so got this! No worries!

I felt super lost on the one I took today. Felt like I focused on the entirely wrong material to study. And most of the material for Friday's exam I haven't looked at once yet and I need to do well on it. Doesn't help that I'm just soo done with finals/studying.

Yeah, I just feel like I never checked in this semester so I am trying to learn a semester worth of information within the last two weeks. It isn't going so well. Hoping I can get some good BS going on the exam that will snag me a few points here and there.

Exam tomorrow on animal behavior, cardio, dentistry, derm, endocrine, gastroenterology, hematology, infectious diseases, musculoskeletal, neurology, oncology, ophtho, reproduction, respiratory, soft tissue surgery, toxicology and urology.

Someone just shoot me now.... :beat::bang::help: