Class of 2016....how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure my first visit went super well. Not horrible but I wish I hadn't been so exhausted (had 3 inpatients to take care of before driving down). I'm even more exhausted now so it makes me nervous for the two interviews I have in the next 36 hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Look at the form a new client filled out, they state their pet has no other illnesses or prior illnesses....

Start getting a history from them.... oh she had an ear canal ablation, she has allergies too, she had both CCL's repaired, and she had her gallbladder removed.

Sure, no other illnesses.... close enough :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
So...NAVLE scores come out "mid-January." That could be next week. EEK!

Members don't see this ad :)
People on my current rotation keep saying they could come out as early as tomorrow, and I'm all, "shut up!"

I don't want to know. I do, but I don't.

People on my current rotation keep saying they could come out as early as tomorrow, and I'm all, "shut up!"

I don't want to know. I do, but I don't.

If it's like it was for me .... I was super busy the day they came out and was nowhere near the first to check my email, but I caught the buzz going up and down the hallway in the hospital and finally became aware that results were out. I told myself "Hell no, I'm not looking until I get home."

... and then I promptly checked literally on my way into an appointment. Had I failed, that might have been a real disaster of an appointment.

If it's like it was for me .... I was super busy the day they came out and was nowhere near the first to check my email, but I caught the buzz going up and down the hallway in the hospital and finally became aware that results were out. I told myself "Hell no, I'm not looking until I get home."

... and then I promptly checked literally on my way into an appointment. Had I failed, that might have been a real disaster of an appointment.

This is probably the exact situation that will happen to me.

I can't even bring myself to stress about it. I absolutely will be checking as soon as I get word that results are available, but it's out of my hands right now so nothing I do changes anything. I hope I didn't fail, but if I did... oh well, I guess. I'll take it again and pass.

This sounds like something I'd do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an email yet, but I have no idea what my ID is...Is it on a prior email?

NVM. Found my ID number...just debating if I want to see the scores now or in the safety of my house.

I passed!!!! Sucked at pigs and their stupid diarrhea but I passed!!!

Did they give you a breakdown of how you did by category????

Anyone else in c/o 2015 remember that? I don't. Did I just blank it out? Or never look?

OMG. Maybe I never passed. That would explain a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
LIS, you get a breakdown by species. I totes sucked at eqine--did surprisingly well in pigs. GO FIGURE.

I sucked at cows... my best was cats. Somehow did really well on pigs too... apparently answering "turn into bacon" on every question was the proper thing to do... ;)

I sucked at cows... my best was cats. Somehow did really well on pigs too... apparently answering "turn into bacon" on every question was the proper thing to do... ;)
I think we're the same person. I apparently should be a cat, pig, data gathering and interpretation doctor. ;) And never ever touch a cow.

I did abysmal on pigs and cows... Kicked ass on dogs and horses. But all that really matters is that I don't have to take that horrible thing again!

Did they give you a breakdown of how you did by category????

Anyone else in c/o 2015 remember that? I don't. Did I just blank it out? Or never look?

OMG. Maybe I never passed. That would explain a lot.

They did. When I told the interns on exotics I was with that I passed and sucked at pigs, they don't recall getting a breakdown either, so it sounds like a new thing.

I think I applied to too many internship locations and may not rank a number of them. I feel like what I want long term and out of an internship has changed a lot between the time I applied and now.

Passed!! I was at an internship interview/clinic visit all morning last Monday, and left my phone in the purse. Walked out to find something like 25 emails and 10 texts and was VERY pleasantly surprised at how well I did.

Also, match rankings this week. Anyone else having a nervous breakdown about it?

Passed!! I was at an internship interview/clinic visit all morning last Monday, and left my phone in the purse. Walked out to find something like 25 emails and 10 texts and was VERY pleasantly surprised at how well I did.

Also, match rankings this week. Anyone else having a nervous breakdown about it?
Just a tad. As in, no one is going to want me/don't know what to rank where.

I'm trying to type up a cover letter for a job application and I just can't come up with the words...

"Hi, I'm DVMD, I like puppies and kittens, long walks on the beach, margaritas, sarcastic humor and I would like a job. Please and Thank You."

Reactions: 2 users
I'm trying to type up a cover letter for a job application and I just can't come up with the words...

"Hi, I'm DVMD, I like puppies and kittens, long walks on the beach, margaritas, sarcastic humor and I would like a job. Please and Thank You."

Yeeeup. Except mine is more like:

"Hi I'm trilt. I like to spay things and think bunnies are pretty cool. Please hire me? Thanks."

I can share my cover letter if you are looking for an example.

Last edited:
Trilt, my cover letter is similar lol. Spaying cats is so fun and cottontails are my favorite animals. I finished my cover letter draft today, took way longer than expected.

I would probably interview based off that.

Reactions: 1 users