Class of 2016....how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Graduated!!! Officially a doctor. So surreal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Moving back to my parents house for 2 weeks before starting my job. I have sooooo much **** to throw away/donate. I don't think I can fit everything I want to in my car. Arrrghhh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really want to be excited about graduation in week but I just cant. I wish these past two days could be do overs.

I'm so sorry. I know you have been told this already but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you!

I really want to be excited about graduation in week but I just cant. I wish these past two days could be do overs.
That **** does not diminish your accomplishments. You're awesome, a freaking doctor - finally! - and have kickass plans for the next year. You got it no matter what happens.

Reactions: 4 users
I am so mighty jealous of all of you...

passed all of my rotations.. in the middle of final exams... before I get to graduate.. if I don't pass these I do not graduate.. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Got my very own Costco membership today....and got to check "Dr" as my suffix :happy:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of you for graduating!! Wishing you great success in your future endeavors!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Officially have my veterinary license! I start my job in one week. I already have appointments, including a lot of exotics, one of which is a guinea pig!!:love:

Reactions: 8 users
My very first patient as a veterinarian was a bird in respiratory distress in which the owner elected to euthanize. Sucks, but it was the best choice for the patient. :(
I repaired a laceration on a chicken's comb yesterday! She laid an egg under anesthesia.

Reactions: 3 users
I still get giggly over that. And mildly annoyed that my bank doesn't have Dr as an option and still calls me Ms.

:laugh: My super-sweet great-aunt sends me cards and addresses them as "Dr. that redhead" which for whatever reason I find indescribably cute. Otherwise I'm kind of like "Eh."

But, we get called Dr. FirstName where I work, so whenever I get a patient update from ER or a whatever and they call me Dr. LastName is when I feel giggly.

Officially licensed! Start my internship in 3 weeks. And feeling a healthy case of imposter syndrome coming on...

Officially licensed! Start my internship in 3 weeks. And feeling a healthy case of imposter syndrome coming on...

I had a dream not too long ago where I was treating a patient and royally ****ed something up. Definitely doesn't make starting work in a couple weeks any easier, even though it was just a dream.

Eeeeeek! Today is my first day working as a veterinarian! I'm anxious... my license hasn't come in yet. X

Reactions: 7 users
Can't believe I start my internship in a little over 2 weeks. Sort of dreading the move, but I can't wait to be in my new place and getting it all organized and stuff. Part of me wishes I was living alone because I just want to decorate the entire space, but I think I'll be happy with the cheaper living arrangement in the end.

Super excited to buy a new mattress, bed frame and bedding though!

Only downside is that I feel like I've forgotten so much already and feel like I need to start reviewing things.

Can't believe I start my internship in a little over 2 weeks. Sort of dreading the move, but I can't wait to be in my new place and getting it all organized and stuff. Part of me wishes I was living alone because I just want to decorate the entire space, but I think I'll be happy with the cheaper living arrangement in the end.

Super excited to buy a new mattress, bed frame and bedding though!

Only downside is that I feel like I've forgotten so much already and feel like I need to start reviewing things.
I'm starting mine in two weeks too! Other than true reviewing of things for my intended specialty (I'm starting on that rotation; gotta make a good first impression), I'm working on making my own nerdbook for ER stuff - good to read over things, write them down, and organize important formulas/etc somewhere where I can find them easily.

I'm starting mine in two weeks too! Other than true reviewing of things for my intended specialty (I'm starting on that rotation; gotta make a good first impression), I'm working on making my own nerdbook for ER stuff - good to read over things, write them down, and organize important formulas/etc somewhere where I can find them easily.

I was handed down essentially a nerd book from another internship program so I'm probably just going to start going through that/adding in dosages that I used at school or like or other information to it. I might make up some discharge templates of common diseases too as a review and so that I have them sort of already pre-made to use at work.

Apparently without a license I can't do anything... so I'm following other vets around and doing technician things. It's depressing

I shadowed the vets here for 2 weeks before starting my own appointments so I could get the swing of things.

Glad I'm not the only one who has had to do this. I was just feeling bad because they were really busy and I couldn't do anything to help. But my license came through today so I can see patients, just can't give a Rabies because I am not USDA accredited yet

Glad I'm not the only one who has had to do this. I was just feeling bad because they were really busy and I couldn't do anything to help. But my license came through today so I can see patients, just can't give a Rabies because I am not USDA accredited yet

I didn't realize you had to be USDA accredited to simply give a Rabies vaccination. Just thought you needed it for health certificates. Unless this varies by state.

Reactions: 1 users
Weird... thats what they told me. I hadn't bothered to look it up, figured my medical director wouldn't make things harder than necessary.

I checked AVMA then GA specifically. Maybe you can talk to your medical director?

I did. She was insistent that she was right. Soooooo I'm not giving any rabies until I get my USDA certification

Making the move to RI in 5 days! Can't believe it's happening. I wish I had my work schedule already though. I do know that the first week or so we're there we follow around the current interns since we overlap a bit and then there is a goodbye BBQ/pot luck thing on the 30th.

Internship starts on Monday!!! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 5 users