Class of 2016 University of Cincinatti James L Winkle College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCbearcat2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't find any threads dedicated to UC's College of Pharmacy, but they just started looking at applications on December 1st so I figured I would go ahead and start one! Anyone else on SDN applying to UC? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I have not heard anything yet, but I heard that their first round of interviews won't be until like mid-January? I hope not...

Nothing yet, but it looks like this time last year is when the first round of people started hearing about interviews! :)

So what's going on? Has anybody heard anything yet?

I got my application finalized at the beginning of November, I haven't heard a peep from Cincy yet.

I'm guessing that since nobody heard anything last week, its pretty safe to say they're waiting until after the new year. I doubt they would be looking over applications during the holidays, but who knows, we can always hope! :cool:

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Anyone know anything about when we should start hearing?:confused:

My friend knows someone who is on the admissions committee and she said probably not until mid-Jan to Feb?? What in the world.... that's so late!

Man! Thats crazy. Well, atleast I know I dont need to check my email like crazy this week or next. I wonder why they are waiting so long this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got my interview email this morning !! . Thank God.

Got my interview yesterday! Sooo excited/ anxious! Any others get an interview? I wonder how many they decided to interview.

Just forwarded my preliminary score reports for the PCAT to them yesterday. I would love to get into UC and hope that I hear good news about an interview soon! Let us know how it goes from those of you who have already heard.

How did the interview go?! Any news on how many rounds of interviews they plan on having, or what their acceptance rates are if you get an interview?

I just got my invitation to interview today.

I got accepted via email last Wednesday 1/18 and just got my official acceptance packet in the mail today woohoo!! So happy!!

I got my email to interview 01/05, interviewed 01/21 but have not heard anything yet. I know some people are usually accepted the next week though. :(

I just got an interview invitation!

What are the interviews like? Open or closed file? One on one? Group?

hey! congrats.. the interview was closed file.. all that they have while interviewing you was your essays. I was interviewed by two faculty as were most of the people in my group. I think one person only had one professor, since the other could not make it. good luck :)

I interviewed on Saturday, 1/28 and was e-mailed Monday morning 1/30 to notify me of admission!

For those of you who got in, what are your stats?

I was interviewed Saturday Jan. 14th and recently was accepted by email Monday Jan. 30th!

PCAT score: 69
G.P.A: 3.4

PCAT composite: 67
GPA: 3.3
TONS of extracurriculars

I interviewed 1/14 and was accepted on 1/18! Hope this helps

Does anyone know how many people they interview and how many they accept from that? The more I look at UC, the more I want to go. It's currently my second choice school (I'm from Indiana and currently attend Purdue...I will forever be a boilermaker), but it's looking better and better.

I believe they interview 200 or so and half of that amount is accepted

I got my interview invitation on thursday night and interview next friday! I'm so excited!

Is it possible to get an interview with a pcat composite score in the 40s even though the science &math subscores are really good?

I just got my invitation to the interview! I'm so excited and looking forward to be there.:)

Interviewed Jan. 28-
GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 60
lot of extra's
Still haven't heard back....very nervous...wondering if I'm on waiting list or declined?? :confused::scared::confused::scared:

447432- what are your stats like...we might be in similar shoes...good luck, I hope you hear back this week
448591- congrats. what were your stats?

Last edited:
447432- what are your stats like...we might be in similar shoes...good luck, I hope you hear back this week
448591- congrats. what were your stats?

I have a 3.3 GPA and got a 71 on the PCAT. I did undergrad research for 2 years and was a member of 3 clubs on campus. I have worked as a tech for 4 years and am certified. I am soo anxious and hope I hear something soon. Do they wait until May to tell everyone who was not accepted or do they let some people know before then? Good luck to you as well!

Last edited:
I interviewed here 1/13 and i still haven't heard back

i'm starting to panic!!

I have a 3.3 GPA and got a 71 on the PCAT. I did undergrad research for 2 years and was a member of 3 clubs on campus. I have worked as a tech for 4 years and am certified. I am soo anxious and hope I hear something soon. Do they wait until May to tell everyone who was not accepted or do they let some people know before then? Good luck to you as well!
This is the link for the thread from last year's class at Cincinnati.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=774645

This is from that thread...2/24/2011-"The Admissions Committee uses a point system, ranking based on three-tiers. Excellent, Good, and Unsatisfactory. They offer all candidates who score an Excellent immediate acceptance. If you score good, they "wait". From there, they determine everyones rank and give them a number (waitlist #). Those that essentially bomb the interview either get rejected or put at the way bottom of the list. I know that about 75 people have already been offered acceptances/accepted the offer. Which leaves about 21 more spots for the people in the "good category""
-also "...at my interview (Jan 28), the two students giving the tour each found out in March that they got in. I believe that is when a majority of students find out (the ones who find out sooner are considered to be "the best of the best"). Also it is under my impression that if you are waitlisted, they notify you around the beginning of April" and this turned out to make sense since a bunch of people got emails on april 5th about waitinglist...

so in terms of outlook, wait for the ides of march, I suppose
----------------------------------
2012 Apps

Cincy- interviewed
Sullivan- interviewed
Purdue- declined interview
Buffalo- interviewed

interview tomorrow afternoon. I'm very nervous, but excited to get it over with! I hope to find out shortly afterward either way, rather than waiting around forever. Anyone else going to be there tomorrow?

Is it possible to get an interview with a pcat composite score in the 40s even though the science &math subscores are really good?

At this school that seems less likely (but anything is possible I suppose) since their avg pcat scores for accepted students was 67 last year and 70 the year before. These numbers are actually a little lower than Univ of Kentucky (UK- Lexington) which is nearby. Honestly, if I had a 40-something on my pcat I'd apply to many more schools like 6-8 places (instead of 3-4 places), and focus on places where I meet the minimum score requirement or there is no pcat required.

Examples are Purdue Univ (no pcat required), Sullivan Univ-low mini (Louisville, KY), and Wilkes Univ-low mini (Scranton, PA), New England Univ (Portland, Maine- no pcat req & you can enjoy the hiking & lobsters too!), UMass-Worchester (no pcat required) or Northeastern in Boston, MA (no pcat required), Concordia U in Wisconsin or Harding U in Arkansas (both have a mini pcat req of 40%), Regis U in Denver, CO (mini pcat req is 30%), or places in California that don't require pcat like UC-SF (Univ of Calif at San Francisco), Touro U, U of Pacific, or USC in LA.

anyone know how well this school competes with other schools as far as residencies and research opportunities go? how about the school itself.. are the faculty helpful etc.? just trying to make some decisions!

Has anyone heard anything after this latest round of interviews?

I've followed this thread for a while, but since I hadn't seen much info. on more recent admission offers, I just wanted to post my timeline: UC received my complete application in early January from PharmCAS (I waited awhile to submit my PharmCAS application due to procrastinating on the essay), I was emailed for an interview on 1/21, and scheduled for 2/3. They emailed my admissions notice on 2/13/12, and I received the formal offer in the mail the next day (I live in the area).

I interviewed on 2/11 and haven't heard back yet. I hope to hear from them soon!!!

I interviewed on February 11th and got my acceptance email this morning! Packet to follow! =)

I got my packet today and it says that I am conditionally accepted until I complete all pre-pharmacy coursework. But I've already completed all of my pre-reqs and am not just taking classes to finish out my bachelors. So am I conditional until I finish my bachelors or is something wrong with my pre-reqs being transferred?

has anyone heard from this school recently?

i interviewed in january and still haven't heard either way

scratch that. just got in!

good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!