Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ew! ugh, so are you starting to study an hour or two a day? I need to start like that like today ugh. follow a strict schedule. Don't hate already, you have countless days ahead of you to hate :) you got this!

the plan is two hours a day, ~4-5 days/wk......I feel this will be tough given a full course load....:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Bio, and VR don't worry me as much as the PS section...we'll see how the first practice FL goes in about 2 months

Members don't see this ad :)
nope, I did not.... I think pre-diagnostics are BULL**** (unless you are a genius you're not going to do really well) because you're going to do horrendous and that would not be a good start to studying for my confidence.....my goal is to do content review then take a FL to see my weaknesses. After doing some practice VR passages, I seem to be doing fairly ok just need to practice up to test day.

nope, I did not.... I think pre-diagnostics are BULL**** (unless you are a genius you're not going to do really well) because you're going to do horrendous and that would not be a good start to studying for my confidence.....my goal is to do content review then take a FL to see my weaknesses. After doing some practice VR passages, I seem to be doing fairly ok just need to practice up to test day.

ah good idea to take it after a bunch of content review!

update: started my verbal EK 101 book, ended up using the book as a tabletop to paint my nails bright pink -_-

Proceeded to actually crack open the book. Cue official start to MCAT prep with verbal.
Okay, so decided with the warmup to see the style.
Now I understand the few traps I've heard of here on SDN--extreme answer choices, answer choices that seem plausible but have nothing to do with what the quote is saying, and dude, I just make hurried choices sometimes, so in a 50/50 I pick the wrong one.
ugh, not too bad I hope though. so far in the warm up:
Passage 1--3/6
Passage 2--3/6
Passage 3--man I'm tired haha

first verbal, glad I'm not getting like nothing wrong.

hello 2016! These next few months will be one hell of a ride! Anyone have backup plans if med school doesn't work out the first time around?

Cracking open the mcat books in 1 week...still a week left of break :D

I just started my course this weekend with Physics. Looks OK for now

Hey berriesandcream

Did you see the PM I sent you?

I'm so ready to just get this goddamn MCAT over and done with so I can stop annoying myself, my friends, and the internet by complaining about it RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :laugh:

Hello fellow 2016ers! I've been a lurker for quite some time, but decided to join back in Sept. when I took my MCAT. Today, I deactivated my fbook, as a symbol of the beginning of this "magical" journey. I promised myself that I wont log back in until I receive an acceptance :xf:

Also, I want to wish everyone good luck & I hope to meet some of you on the interview trail later this year :)

I'm so ready to just get this goddamn MCAT over and done with so I can stop annoying myself, my friends, and the internet by complaining about it RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :laugh:

Amen

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 :eek:

Hello fellow 2016ers! I've been a lurker for quite some time, but decided to join back in Sept. when I took my MCAT. Today, I deactivated my fbook, as a symbol of the beginning of this "magical" journey. I promised myself that I wont log back in until I receive an acceptance :xf:

Also, I want to wish everyone good luck & I hope to meet some of you on the interview trail later this year :)
:hello: oh man, that's a good motivation! I'm going to deactivate at the beginning of february and a friend is changing my password :D

Cracking open the mcat books in 1 week...still a week left of break :D

hello 2016! These next few months will be one hell of a ride! Anyone have backup plans if med school doesn't work out the first time around?

Agree! backup plans? I try not to think about it, hoping I don't need one :laugh:

+1 :eek:

:hello: oh man, that's a good motivation! I'm going to deactivate at the beginning of february and a friend is changing my password :D

Agree! backup plans? I try not to think about it, hoping I don't need one :laugh:

i deactivated mine two days ago..
logged back in today.. I guess I'm addicted

I start re-studying on Feb 1. Boo :(

i started studying last night, oh my.....goodness. studying for this might just get me started on an addiction..to coffee.

Bio, and VR don't worry me as much as the PS section...we'll see how the first practice FL goes in about 2 months

Agreed. I've been scoring consistent 10's and 11's on EK 101 verbal passages, and I love biology (and it was my major). I hope Ochem is nonexistant on mine haha. But other than that, physics is the bane of my existance. I can remember formulas, but not the tons of itty bitty concepts tested. Guess I better work harder :(

Studying is starting out rough, having trouble reading through chapters/ doing no more than 1-2 passages.

Studying is starting out rough, having trouble reading through chapters/ doing no more than 1-2 passages.

Just keep at it and go your own pace. Build up a stamina. I was originally going to take the MCAT over the summer, but got sick right before it and cancelled (now I just wish I was done with the damn thing). But when I first started, focusing was really hard. Instead, you need to try to get into the material of the passage and read it as if it really interests you (some of it even might!). That will help a ton.

This may be a silly question but is the MCAT score automatically sent to our Amcas or do we have to fill something? How long does it take for it to be added to your primary?

This may be a silly question but is the MCAT score automatically sent to our Amcas or do we have to fill something? How long does it take for it to be added to your primary?

I believe that on your AMCAS you specify that you want to release your MCAT score to all your schools and its automatic since both are "attached" to your AMCAS ID.

I need to cut/limit SDN browsing lol. Studying for first test of the semester ugghh

Gah. I'm in the same boat. Even though I deactivated the fbook, I've found other channels (SDN, tumblr) to keep me distracted.

Agreed. I've been scoring consistent 10's and 11's on EK 101 verbal passages, and I love biology (and it was my major). I hope Ochem is nonexistant on mine haha. But other than that, physics is the bane of my existance. I can remember formulas, but not the tons of itty bitty concepts tested. Guess I better work harder :(

X100000000000 on the physics thing. I am horrible at math, and physics just about killed me.

I believe that on your AMCAS you specify that you want to release your MCAT score to all your schools and its automatic since both are "attached" to your AMCAS ID.

This sounds right. It's been a year since I've done it, but there is a section in AMCAS for your MCAT and you select that you want it to be released. You will have to do the same thing when you take the MCAT too.

A lot can happen in 4 years... Gunners never cease to amaze me.

How's everybody been?! :hello:

Great until the Bears lost...guess there's always next year. On the plus side, there's one less distraction from studying.

not too bad..yet! how long are you guys studying for? I can't seem to concentrate after a couple of hours...and i have my regular classes to study for..

I'm the same way, I try to study for classes during the morning/after class and MCAT after dinner. Probably gonna switch that up depending on how classes go!

Great until the Bears lost...guess there's always next year. On the plus side, there's one less distraction from studying.

I'm the same way, I try to study for classes during the morning/after class and MCAT after dinner. Probably gonna switch that up depending on how classes go!
yeah trying the same. i'm trying to balance them while keeping bot consistent. T-117 days until doomsday.

not too bad..yet! how long are you guys studying for? I can't seem to concentrate after a couple of hours...and i have my regular classes to study for..

I try to do an hour to do of serious MCAT studying a day. I started with physics, and second time around...not too bad!

yeah trying the same. i'm trying to balance them while keeping bot consistent. T-117 days until doomsday.

I try to do an hour to do of serious MCAT studying a day. I started with physics, and second time around...not too bad!

Keep trucking guys I know you will all rock it! I ask for my second letter of recommendation today. I think it went well. I hope he writes me a strong letter of recommendation

Keep trucking guys I know you will all rock it! I ask for my second letter of recommendation today. I think it went well. I hope he writes me a strong letter of recommendation

yeah... I'm on the same boat. Need to produce a personal statement asap to give to my LoR writers.

On the other hand, took a practice MCAT this weekend with a week of studying just to get "a feel for it". My scores were pretty horrible lol.

yeah... I'm on the same boat. Need to produce a personal statement asap to give to my LoR writers.

On the other hand, took a practice MCAT this weekend with a week of studying just to get "a feel for it". My scores were pretty horrible lol.

I gave my letter writers an old personal statement for a MCAT program I recently completed. My Biology professor will probably get an rough draft of my personal statement. I just need one more LOR. I just have no idea who I should ask.

Last edited:
Hey all!

am a POSSIBLE reapplicant for 2016 cycle... though whether i'm just gonna go the international route and apply again for 2016 cycle, i'm not too sure...

q is, how much chance would I have with a 3.59 gpa and 30S mcat, beig canadian citizen.. *-) i should probably be posting this in the what r my chances thread...! sorry! :$ just cudnt find it...

update

school: fine
MCAT: bad, trying to re-calibrate my study schedule
EC's:fine
LORs: 1/5 will be uploaded within the next few days

Hey all!

am a POSSIBLE reapplicant for 2016 cycle... though whether i'm just gonna go the international route and apply again for 2016 cycle, i'm not too sure...

q is, how much chance would I have with a 3.59 gpa and 30S mcat, beig canadian citizen.. *-) i should probably be posting this in the what r my chances thread...! sorry! :$ just cudnt find it...

https://www.aamc.org/download/157450/data/table24-mcatgpagridall2008-10.pdf.pdf

looks like between a 60 and 65% acceptance rate. dunno what being canadian would affect.

also
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=418
do post there, and with more than just those numbers, and maybe you can get some good advice for what is good and what might be lacking.

I'm so not looking forward to next Tues....

Well, it could be - study for the MCAT or not to study for the MCAT. :smuggrin:

Oh, that's not nearly as exciting. In fact, that sucks. :lame:

I still wish you luck and hope that you get accepted this cycle. :xf:

these kaplan mcat classes are pretty intense..whew! i feel like i may have to give up on sleep to study an extra hour..:(

these kaplan mcat classes are pretty intense..whew! i feel like i may have to give up on sleep to study an extra hour..:(

Feel ya... I'm like behind 3 weeks on study material and debating on leaving on a road trip tomorrow lol.

Talked to one of my LoR writers today who suggested that I find a job after graduation 'cuz he applied to med school and never made it but he is "still ecstatic about writing me a letter" and will try to help me as much as he can... bad omen?

Feel ya... I'm like behind 3 weeks on study material and debating on leaving on a road trip tomorrow lol.

Talked to one of my LoR writers today who suggested that I find a job after graduation 'cuz he applied to med school and never made it but he is "still ecstatic about writing me a letter" and will try to help me as much as he can... bad omen?

lol maybe he's so ecstatic because he'll write you a bad letter so you HAVE to get a job after and end up just like him

I agree with you on this one. By the end of my Kaplan class, I pretty much gave up on reading and homework (and sometimes class... hehe).

Guys we really need to kick up activity on this thread.

The medicine and religion thread has almost caught up with us in a fraction of the time :uhno:

Hey guys, I agree! week 2, and kaplan is kicking my butt. i've been trying to do two passages of verbal a day and then do notes and notecards. remember guys, in the end, GPA matters too. Don't let those grades slip! haha
T-113 days until the MCAT.
I'll go do a verbal passage amidst studying for my genetics exam *sigh*
Hope everyone has has a good week :)