Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't been in here for a while. What is this place?

Welcome back :hello: You should change your title under your SDN name; senior janitor no more!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Vandy.... just stalked your MDAPPS cause I haven't seen you in a while and ...... Congrats on FIU!! You are gonna be a DR! Sink in yet?

Haha, no, no it hasn't sunk in yet. I think once the hard copy acceptance comes, and the cbc is through, it will. I am very humbled and excited though. Thank you!

Welcome back :hello: You should change your title under your SDN name; senior janitor no more!!!

What about a janitor-physician hybrid??

2x12_Dr._Jan_Itor.jpg

No matter what I do, I wake up like this at this time...

Tell me about it. Last week, there were two nights when I didn't fall asleep until 8 AM local time....

It sucks... I'm hurting here. Just wanna get back to normal.

^^^^^^^^^this....so much. i've been going to bed between 8-10 pm and waking between 12-2 am accordingly, with about an average of 3-4 hours of sleep every night since i've been back. i am EXHAUSTED. i can't keep this up much longer. i hate jet lag. i want melatonin shots.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^this....so much. i've been going to bed between 8-10 pm and waking between 12-2 am accordingly, with about an average of 3-4 hours of sleep last night. every night since i've been back. i am EXHAUSTED. i can't keep this up much longer. i hate jet lag. i want melatonin shots.

Try some 3 mg doses of melatonin. That stuff knocks me out.

I've been falling asleep at like 11-12 and waking up at 6:30-7 with nothing to do and feeling exhausted by the time I have to work. This has been happening since my trip to DC. I need to take a morning nap or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try some 3 mg doses of melatonin. That stuff knocks me out.

+1; Bioavailability is supposedly really low from oral dosing, but it usually does the trick for me. I've found different brands to have different levels of effectiveness. Despite hating the fact that it's chewable, the Trader Joe's brand is pretty awesome. Thirty minutes later and it's lights out.

+1; Bioavailability is supposedly really low from oral dosing, but it usually does the trick for me. I've found different brands to have different levels of effectiveness. Despite hating the fact that it's chewable, the Trader Joe's brand is pretty awesome. Thirty minutes later and it's lights out.

Schiff brand tablets work for me; they're also dirt cheap.

Melatonin gives me really vivid (usually bad) dreams.

I'm always careful about supplements because of the lack of regulation, but Schiff seems legit. I might have to try those.

ditto. i'm amazed so many of us on here have tried it. i guess i may also give it a go. especially if i don't get enough sleep again tonight.

ditto. i'm amazed so many of us on here have tried it. i guess i may also give it a go. especially if i don't get enough sleep again tonight.

Having dealt with jet-lag A LOT in the military, I have always found that my PCP could prescribe two ambien... which combined with forcing myself to stay awake during daylight hours the first several days, fixed my sleep schedule pretty quick. Alternatively, I have taken diphenhydramine to help me sleep when jet lagged. It is regulated and therefore more consistent than melatonin. I've tried melatonin and it just didn't work for me. Sleep is a pretty individual thing.

Having dealt with jet-lag A LOT in the military, I have always found that my PCP could prescribe two ambien... which combined with forcing myself to stay awake during daylight hours the first several days, fixed my sleep schedule pretty quick. Alternatively, I have taken diphenhydramine to help me sleep when jet lagged. It is regulated and therefore more consistent than melatonin. I've tried melatonin and it just didn't work for me. Sleep is a pretty individual thing.

hardcore.

yeah, i've stayed awake during all daylight hours since i've been back. my problem is getting a little more sleep.

just 2 more hours...that's not too much to ask, right? right? :(

i miss the good old days when i was well-rested and an upbeat gif queen....

tumblr_lyn7k1cIfW1r3j2fqo1_250.gif

but if i do, i think i'll be ever so grateful...

tumblr_lydw69i2Ke1qcjp8y.gif

bottom.

okay, someone needs to help figure out which recipe to make for this weekend.

what sounds most appetizing to you?
1. loaded baked potato dip
2. guacamole
3. caramelized onion and bacon dip
4. 7 layer dip

i'm thinking caramelized onion and bacon, but i'm making this for others as well so it'd be good to get some input. thoughts?
http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/2011/01/roasted-onion-and-bacon-dip.html

I will request all of the above! K, thnks, great!

EDIT: Realized that is no help at all. If forced to pick one, would go with #3, because I don't get to have it very often.

Seriously, all will be a hit if your friends have any taste at all!

Last edited:
I will request all of the above! K, thnks, great!

Seriously, all will be a hit if your friends have any taste at all!

I personally think she should just cook a copious amount of bacon, and skip the extraneous nonsense...

WYS.... I noticed that both of us are not getting in to Columbia. We should call them and inform them of the AWESOMENESS they are going to miss in their next class. Just sayin.

WYS.... I noticed that both of us are not getting in to Columbia. We should call them and inform them of the AWESOMENESS they are going to miss in their next class. Just sayin.

I've talked to them already.

The admissions office said that they wanted to meet us, but all of their interviewers were too intimidated by our credentials. Can't be helped, ya know?

The admissions office said that they wanted to meet us, but all of their interviewers were too intimidated by our credentials. Can't be helped, ya know?

did they stop interviewing? guess i can add another school to my silent rejections pile.

I don't mind rejection. I actually expected literally 100% rejections, so this cycle was a pleasant surprise. And I get that there's so many of us that actual snail mail letters would be quite a waste of paper. But man...for all the fees we pay to schools for them to review our apps, you'd think the least ALL of them could do would be to send an e-mail upon rejecting. Where's the courtesy? tsk tsk.

Ahh.... I KNEW it was something like that! They should just take a deep breath, relax, and realize that despite how awesome we are, an interview is just a conversation! I mean, I can pretend to be normal for a few minutes. I am sure if I practiced I could talk down to their level!!!:laugh:

Ann Perkins: So, you single?? Any woman who knows to add twice the bacon..... !!!!

Last edited:
okay, someone needs to help figure out which recipe to make for this weekend.

what sounds most appetizing to you?
1. loaded baked potato dip
2. guacamole
3. caramelized onion and bacon dip
4. 7 layer dip

i'm thinking caramelized onion and bacon, but i'm making this for others as well so it'd be good to get some input. thoughts?
HMM I vote either #1 or #3. I'll send you my address :)

I personally think she should just cook a copious amount of bacon, and skip the extraneous nonsense...
I normally love both bacon and croutons on my salad... but I tried some bacon-flavored croutons the other day and they were HORRIBLE. I was very disappointed and threw the rest of the bag away

Don't forget about the dog and a couple of cats

Two car garage, too.

She bakes pies on Sunday for the school bake sale, and always spends Friday nights enjoying a quiet dinner with her husband out on the town while she leaves the kids home with the babysitter.

Pffffffft... she said as she got another II....

tumblr_leemwgt8cr1qdlkgg.gif

dude, i was so worried about getting a single II. I even bet with one of my friends over this, and i NEVER bet as i am extremely risk averse. I bet big too...if I got 10 IIs I would fly to his city and take him out to a fancy dinner. and if I didn't, vice versa. Trust me, I am still super shocked I lost that one. I'm happy it turned out this way though. :)

HMM I vote either #1 or #3. I'll send you my address :)

lol, are you back from your trip? i don't send items transoceanically for just anyone, you know. if you are...welcome back!

Ann Perkins: So, you single?? Any woman who knows to add twice the bacon..... !!!!

....will make her significant other grossly obese in a matter of years. :smuggrin: seriously, the only complaint my bf's ever had was that i was bringing home too many cupcakes for him. well, also, i drive like a maniac and i buy way too many dresses. but i think those are par for the course. :laugh:

She's actually married with two kids.
Two car garage, too.

She bakes pies on Sunday for the school bake sale, and always spends Friday nights enjoying a quiet dinner with her husband out on the town while she leaves the kids home with the babysitter.

tumblr_lnsktpwF5c1qe5amr.gif

0/10.

Don't forget about the dog and a couple of cats

ew. i'm so not a cat person. :p