Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm here now. I'm up waaaaaaay too early, considering I attempted to go to bed at 5 am EST. Dang fever is trying to kill me. Or maybe heal me. These things can feel the same, sometimes.

Dang, or dengue? :D

in all seriousness though, I hope you're feeling better, lady.

Members don't see this ad.

I am almost an m2, you guys are almost M1S!!! you guys still feeling the post acceptance buzz or have you realized toy actually have to go medical school, yet? Haha.

is it possible to feel a little of both?

i think i still feel this enormous sense of relief that i'm in and yet simultaneously a insidious feeling of dread creeping up on me as i consider what i've gotten myself into. i switch back and forth between the two. i'm one for a (un)happy medium. :oops:

tumblr_ll328nC53p1qk0gkmo1_500.gif

Last edited:
I'm starting to feel this. It's sort of an "Oh, dang...what did I get myself into?" feeling. But with excitement mixed in there, too. :)

lol, twinsies.

i used to think i would cry at my white coat ceremony. no longer.

tumblr_m43hucGukK1r0k830o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, it'll be even better when you get in. :thumbup:

Plus, you're thinking about doing a special masters right? The people who did that my school came in pretty well prepared compared to the average person who didn't.

tumblr_m37l1wBYLd1qihztbo1_400.gif

oh glory hallelujah praise the tiny baby jesus, there is hope for me yet.

Unfortunately it was deleted (not by me!) .

The basic story is that a "new user" started a thread saying he had been banned by me, that he is some legendary troll with lots of accounts, that he's the best troll, and that he's going to troll me hard. Other users doubted who he was and said that he was more of a spammer than a troll. They rated him as a 1/10 on the troll scale :rofl:

lol, wow.... crazy

so that's what you and saggy have been up to lately? i see how it is.

tumblr_krl02tidm81qza9o7o1_r1_400.gif

Haha not much, I've been working a ton of hours lately. Haven't talked to Saggy since he went emeritus actually but he's probably been too addicted to Diablo 3 to pay any attention to SDN :D

tumblr_m46so1C0jW1r7mx2n.gif

first cougs, now saggy?

the times, they are a-changin :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang, or dengue? :D

in all seriousness though, I hope you're feeling better, lady.

It's "dang." :)

I seem to have it controlled now with ibuprofen. I also took a 3.5-hour nap, which was much-needed after getting just about no sleep last night. Just got up for the second time around 4.

It's "dang." :)

I seem to have it controlled now with ibuprofen. I also took a 3.5-hour nap, which was much-needed after getting just about no sleep last night. Just got up for the second time around 4.

You can handle NSAIDs? I haven't had one in 4 years..I wish my guts could take it :(

You can handle NSAIDs? I haven't had one in 4 years..I wish my guts could take it :(

I seem to be able to handle them as long as I take them with sufficient quantities of food. I try to avoid them as much as possible because of the gastritis, but sometimes I just have to bomb the 'ol belly with 'em. Gotta drop that fever!

Cinclus, I don't know why, but your avatar just made me crack up with laughter.

5 hour delay at O'Hare today -_-

Finally back home! I loved Chicago. It's like a cleaner, more laid-back NYC.

5 hour delay at O'Hare today -_-

Finally back home! I loved Chicago. It's like a cleaner, more laid-back NYC.

:welcome: back! I loved Chicago when I visited too (especially since the weather was like forty degrees warmer than usual at that time of year).

That's what happened to me the first time I saw it, which is why it's my avatar. I lurves it. :love:

I always thought the "..is a bird" was a self-description :p, never thought that cinclus was actually a bird until I realized that's what it could mean and searched it haha

I think this sore throat is the start of something worse. I can't get sick now, I can't miss any work.

I always thought the "..is a bird" was a self-description :p, never thought that cinclus was actually a bird until I realized that's what it could mean and searched it haha

Good job! :thumbup: lol Your ornithological education is progressing.

Cincluscinclus.jpg

I think this sore throat is the start of something worse. I can't get sick now, I can't miss any work.

Everyone's getting sick. Noooooooo!!! You can always try to DayQuil your way through the day. That's what I would do whenever I was sick in undergrad. My illness is still kicking my butt. I hope we both feel better soon.

Those dayquil pills are so freaking big though, i can't swallow them....

Those dayquil pills are so freaking big though, i can't swallow them....

They are large, but they're gelcaps, which are relatively easy to swallow. It's huge, uncoated tablets that kill me. Alternatively, you could guzzle the delightful-tasting liquid DayQuil. Or coat the gelcaps in butter or something to help 'em slide down.

They are large, but they're gelcaps, which are relatively easy to swallow. It's huge, uncoated tablets that kill me. Alternatively, you could guzzle the delightful-tasting liquid DayQuil. Or coat the gelcaps in butter or something to help 'em slide down.

sorry, but the correct answer was twss. Didnt you notice the ellipses? :D

Also, apparently when I got home from amazing, stupendous drinking escapades I tried to make ramen noodles. I guess I forgot about it in the microwave in my drunken/sleep deprived stupor and passed out.

Now I have breakfast pre-made, lol

Also, apparently when I got home from amazing, stupendous drinking escapades I tried to make ramen noodles. I guess I forgot about it in the microwave in my drunken/sleep deprived stupor and passed out.

I wish that drunk me was as considerate towards sober me.

Hey 2016.

Haven't been on here for a while, so apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam.

What is everyone doing this summer before matriculating in the fall?

I'll be doing a bit of traveling in Europe, then I need to finish a study writeup for my PI. I also hope to spend a weekend back at my undergrad to reminisce and eat foods, and a trip to the MIA would be sweet as well

Eating Tbell for lunch bump

Oh gawd how I miss Taco Bell! Much of their food could so easily be made gluten-free, but they insist upon sneaking wheat into just about everything. Damn them and such.

WUBear, I've already taken my pre-med school vacation. I went on a hiking trip to New Mexico with my boyfriend. Until school starts, I will just be chillin' (or cooking in the southern heat, actually), spending time with friends and family, reviewing Spanish, and moving to Houston.

Yep, I'm officially sick :( which sucks since I have a postbac interview coming up on Wednesday :scared: That's what I get for working with kids I suppose, I always catch whatever they have.

Yep, I'm officially sick :( which sucks since I have a postbac interview coming up on Wednesday :scared: That's what I get for working with kids I suppose, I always catch whatever they have.

:( Feel better! My cold has moved from the sore throat/fever phase into the coughing phase. Ah, coughing is always fun when you're trying to fall asleep.

Hey 2016.

Haven't been on here for a while, so apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam.

What is everyone doing this summer before matriculating in the fall?

I'll be doing a bit of traveling in Europe, then I need to finish a study writeup for my PI. I also hope to spend a weekend back at my undergrad to reminisce and eat foods, and a trip to the MIA would be sweet as well

Hanging out in New Orleans drinking constantly, eating fine food, exploring the city, and giving the frisky tourist ladies a taste of what they are seeking on their time off. It's a good life.

i totally did this the other day with a fiesta bowl. :oops:

tumblr_m4369fgEaY1qlfwzk.gif

Drunk me only existed one night. Drunk me is a meanie, so I decided to never let her come out again. That half-bottle of wine was good, though. But never again.

haha....never say never ;)

augh! get better soon!!!

tops for good luck.

standard-spot-color-logo.png

I drink harder stuff in smaller volumes, I walk everywhere, and the food portions here are European (small). The friskiness of the tourists helps me keep my abdominal core in good shape too. :)

the food portions in NOLA are small? where are you eating?

dude, by the end of my weekend there i felt physically ill from the sheer amount of fried **** i had inhaled.