Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
man, I miss the days of spamming to top. c/o 2018 isn't gonna even beat c/o 2017 with its posting habits

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're amazing. Now get back to work.

wrkng.gif

My iPad cowers in fear because it knows what I want to do to it after May 29th . . .

Smash.gif

You're taking it May 29th too? :highfive: I ended up taking an extra month because I wasn't happy with where I was scoring a week before my April date. Would have been nice to just have an extra couple of weeks but my school makes us take a whole month if we need extra time. 2 more weeks!

You're taking it May 29th too? :highfive: I ended up taking an extra month because I wasn't happy with where I was scoring a week before my April date. Would have been nice to just have an extra couple of weeks but my school makes us take a whole month if we need extra time. 2 more weeks!

I moved mine up after getting a 237 on an NBME. My next one after that was a 247, so I think I made the right choice! I was originally scheduled for June 9.

Not even the best part! Because I'm taking it May 29th, I have a month off before rotations. :-D

Boyfriend has been consistently getting scores in the high 240's as well, so if we're still together in two years, COUPLES MATCH FTW. You know, assuming I don't have 50 brain farts on the real exam.

Not even the best part! Because I'm taking it May 29th, I have a month off before rotations. :-D

Jealous! I only have a long weekend before my first rotation. *grumble grumble* But I start on Peds PM&R so preeeeeetty sure it's going to be a chill month.

Jealous! I only have a long weekend before my first rotation. *grumble grumble* But I start on Peds PM&R so preeeeeetty sure it's going to be a chill month.

Oh, and I start with surgery at what has been known to be one of our worst sites. Fortunately, I have no interest in that field whatsoever, but still, I NEED that month.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have Peds PM&R third year? Nice. I don't think that focus exists for us here.

Yeah we're pretty heavy on the peds specialties. It's one of the few electives without pre-reqs. Rotation scheduling is a little wonky here, and a bunch of 3rd years have to start off with 1 or 2 electives or research months before the core clerkships, because rising 4th years are still finishing up their cores and get first priority.

Oh, and I start with surgery at what has been known to be one of our worst sites. Fortunately, I have no interest in that field whatsoever, but still, I NEED that month.

Eek! At least you have surgery in July when all the new interns start. I have surgery in Feb/March which is dead winter in Pittsburgh. Joy.

Yeah we're pretty heavy on the peds specialties. It's one of the few electives without pre-reqs. Rotation scheduling is a little wonky here, and a bunch of 3rd years have to start off with 1 or 2 electives or research months before the core clerkships, because 4th years are still finishing up their cores and get first priority.

Crazy! The way ours work, you have to do all of your cores in the third year. If you miss a core in your third year (you can delay if your Step I prep is inadequate), you make up that core in your fourth year, but you have ZERO PRIORITY. You take whatever sites are left over. It's a little crazy, which is why I have every intention of finishing all of my cores in the third year.

Crazy! The way ours work, you have to do all of your cores in the third year. If you miss a core in your third year (you can delay if your Step I prep is inadequate), you make up that core in your fourth year, but you have ZERO PRIORITY. You take whatever sites are left over. It's a little crazy, which is why I have every intention of finishing all of my cores in the third year.

Oh that's scary. Yeah it's technically possible to fit all our cores in 3rd year, but pretty much everyone takes at least 1 research month, so then that throws everything off.

Yeah, I might actually get to go home when it's light, which is all you can really ask for, no?

I can't wait until psych. Apparently we get out by 2pm.

Oh that's scary. Yeah it's technically possible to fit all our cores in 3rd year, but pretty much everyone takes at least 1 research month, so then that throws everything off.

I can't wait until psych. Apparently we get out by 2pm.

Fun! Our psych is similar, though it's obviously psych dependent.

Even better? Our neuro elective. I'm doing mine at a private practice, so I imagine it'll be pretty easy as well.