Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
useless

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Must get in on this premed madness :laugh:
Anyone taking the Sept MCATs?

Must get in on this premed madness :laugh:
Anyone taking the Sept MCATs?

Thought about it but ehh really no need. Probably waiting for Jan '11 to open up.

I will exert every last drop of alpha dominance to make the following happen but will at least ask to seem fair... can we unite as 2016ers (or if not at least as 2012ers) and vote to cast this "official" thread to the nether regions of SDN and start fresh? maybe save face with the other classes and not have 3 pages of "wtf why is this so early" prefacing what will one day be a legit thread?

Talk about some self-respect... haha

I kid but really...

I mean the OFFICIAL OFFICIAL 2016 thread could be pretty serious and certain out due the mono-officiality of other years.

again I kid... kinda

Thought about it but ehh really no need. Probably waiting for Jan '11 to open up.

I will exert every last drop of alpha dominance to make the following happen but will at least ask to seem fair... can we unite as 2016ers (or if not at least as 2012ers) and vote to cast this "official" thread to the nether regions of SDN and start fresh? maybe save face with the other classes and not have 3 pages of "wtf why is this so early" prefacing what will one day be a legit thread?

Talk about some self-respect... haha

I kid but really...

I mean the OFFICIAL OFFICIAL 2016 thread could be pretty serious and certain out due the mono-officiality of other years.

again I kid... kinda

We don't even have the standard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that all Class threads have. :thumbdown:

So I figure I open this thread for those of us planing on applying next year for the 2016 class. Share what we are doing to prepare for the application, where you are planning on applying, and whatever else you feel like sharing.

I know I'm planing on starting the essays for the secondaries for the schools that don't tend to change them every year, during the holidays

What about you??

Good luck!!!! :D

funny_nurse_t_shirt-p235151138500239023q08p_400.jpg

Last edited:
So I figure I open this thread for those of us planing on applying next year for the 2016 class. Share what we are doing to prepare for the application, where you are planning on applying, and whatever else you feel like sharing.

I know I'm planing on starting the essays for the secondaries for the schools that don't tend to change them every year, during the holidays

What about you??

Good luck!!!! :D

wishful 2016-er here! besides stressing, right now is spent studying for three big exams this week.
winter break-PS, some secondary standards, and MCAT STUDYING.

omg, so crazy. i'm applying in like six months -_-

2016er here! :) I thought that there was a thread made for the Class of 2016 already....

Members don't see this ad :)
wishful 2016-er here! besides stressing, right now is spent studying for three big exams this week.
winter break-PS, some secondary standards, and MCAT STUDYING.

omg, so crazy. i'm applying in like six months -_-

I know what you mean I got 4 next week. It's scary how close the date is coming :scared:

I know what you mean I got 4 next week. It's scary how close the date is coming :scared:
break FLEW by, and now this daunting feeling of taking the tests bestowed upon is settling.

:eyebrow:

cheers to being sleep deprived for the next few weeks!

please tell me this pays off in the end? :/

I am in class of 2010, but I am delayed because of not having green card. Hopefully, I get it this Spring or Fall, so I can apply. :xf:

What schools are you guys planing on applying??

What schools are you guys planing on applying??

CA resident.
tough.
soooo all CA school (UCSF and USC are my DREAM) and then a bunch of OOS friendly schools.
so maybe 30?

i'm your average jane applicant.

EDIT: what about you?

Last edited:
CA resident.
tough.
soooo all CA school (UCSF and USC are my DREAM) and then a bunch of OOS friendly schools.
so maybe 30?

i'm your average jane applicant.

EDIT: what about you?

Florida Resident

DREAM: BU, Tuffts and UWash (Gotta dream high :laugh:)
Love to: UC (LA, SF or any to be honest), still thinking on more
"Backup" : ST. George Univ and Ross

Probably around 30 univ too. I might look for those research oriented schools

What are the OOS friendly schools?

Florida Resident

DREAM: BU, Tuffts and UWash (Gotta dream high :laugh:)
Love to: UC (LA, SF or any to be honest), still thinking on more
"Backup" : ST. George Univ and Ross

Probably around 30 univ too. I might look for those research oriented schools

What are the OOS friendly schools?

Hm tuffts would definitely be nice. i was thinking of applying to a few top 10 but we'll see!
I was thinking of ross too! a family friend just graduated from there and is doing residency in miami.
as for OOS friendly schools, i was thinking of going off of:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=68572

Applying next year too. Scheduled to take the mcat at the end of May, I'm planning on following the 4-month schedule on the mcat forums.

Applying next year too. Scheduled to take the mcat at the end of May, I'm planning on following the 4-month schedule on the mcat forums.

I taking it on May too. What 4-month schedule are you talking about?

I plan on applying this summer too! :p

By the way, why didn't you just go all the way and make an official

"Class of 2016!!!!!!!!"

thread? Why add the 'wishful'?

Or would the mods delete it if it's this early?

I plan on applying to many schools, but I am already disheartened by having to write secondaries for reach schools.

Question: how can I find out which schools change their secondaries from year to year and which ones don't? I want to start writing them this winter too (and don't tell me to use the search function and read through all the previous years' threads :p ).

Well, I surely don't want to use this thread.

It was started too long ago, and the title is all ugly! :eek:

What up 2016ers?

I'm going to be class of 2015, and I want to suggest that you guys open an interfolio account soon. I met with my writers and requested LOR in December (last year). It was the best thing I did, especially b/c 2 ended up not being signed and I was able to fix them before AMCAS opened. This process is stressful enough, so plan ahead and make things as easy on yourself as possible. This is a better use of your time than pre-writing secondaries.

:luck:

application thread, acceptance thread, rejection threads, waitlist threads, mcat threads...

now a "pre-application" thread. :rolleyes:

GL!

May 21 by any chance? :hello:

May 21 here!!!

Thanks

I plan on applying this summer too! :p

By the way, why didn't you just go all the way and make an official

"Class of 2016!!!!!!!!"

thread? Why add the 'wishful'?

Or would the mods delete it if it's this early?

I plan on applying to many schools, but I am already disheartened by having to write secondaries for reach schools.

Question: how can I find out which schools change their secondaries from year to year and which ones don't? I want to start writing them this winter too (and don't tell me to use the search function and read through all the previous years' threads :p ).

Because it is still way to early to say class of 2016 if the app hasn't even opened. :)

If you go to the school specific section you can read through the threads of the schools and see if they tend to change or not. That is what I'm doing

What up 2016ers?

I'm going to be class of 2015, and I want to suggest that you guys open an interfolio account soon. I met with my writers and requested LOR in December (last year). It was the best thing I did, especially b/c 2 ended up not being signed and I was able to fix them before AMCAS opened. This process is stressful enough, so plan ahead and make things as easy on yourself as possible. This is a better use of your time than pre-writing secondaries.

:luck:

Do I need it if I going through the committee in my school. And I'm sending them the letters??

when is everyone taking the MCAT? looking at late april date/early may date

Merging related threads. Good luck Class of 2016!!

Edit: Also....Rhino's advice about Interfolio was awesome;)

You all need some exclamation points up in this joint, but so far this is a very nice "Class of" thread. We really only need one official one anyway; keep posting in here and supporting each other. If I end up at the school I hope to, I may actually be a C/O 2016 by virtue of taking an extra year.

Last edited:
Do I need it if I going through the committee in my school. And I'm sending them the letters??

Don't think so. Some school premed committees may vary. (IMO) If your committee is worth its title, they act as a gathering place for all your letters of rec, write your committee letter, and ship off the entire package to the schools you designate. No Interfolio needed.

you guys aren't doing this right...

I know. :(

Merging related threads. Good luck Class of 2016!!

Edit: Also....Rhino's advice about Interfolio was awesome;)

You all need some exclamation points up in this joint, but so far this is a very nice "Class of" thread. We really only need one official one anyway; keep posting in here and supporting each other. If I end up at the school I hope to, I may actually be a C/O 2016 by virtue of taking an extra year.

south-park-oreilly-factor-goobacks-redneck-douche.jpg

You tuk my tread!!! LOL

Can you change the tittle to the more appropriate Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think so. Some school premed committees may vary. (IMO) If your committee is worth its title, they act as a gathering place for all your letters of rec, write your committee letter, and ship off the entire package to the schools you designate. No Interfolio needed.

OK thanks

agreed the title name should be changed to Class of 2016 (insert desired exclamation points)

Reality hit me after seeing this thread... I'm finally applying to medical school in 6 months, MCAT in April. :scared: I've been roaming around this forum for about a year now without having anything useful to contribute. Seriously where did this semester go?

Can you change the tittle to the more appropriate Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK thanks

No problem and yes, mod please change the title. This "started..." business ruins it.

agreed the title name should be changed to Class of 2016 (insert desired exclamation points)

+1

Akuarys, I agree with you. It's kinda nerve-wracking that I will be starting this daunting process in about 6 months. :scared: I need to follow everyone else's idea and at least draft my PS over break....

Reality hit me after seeing this thread... I'm finally applying to medical school in 6 months, MCAT in April. :scared: I've been roaming around this forum for about a year now without having anything useful to contribute. Seriously where did this semester go?

YES EXACTLY :eek: I mean wow, I've been lurking around since like Sophomore year with nothing to contribute, and now we're here preparing for the application process!

No problem and yes, mod please change the title. This "started..." business ruins it.

+1

Akuarys, I agree with you. It's kinda nerve-wracking that I will be starting this daunting process in about 6 months. :scared: I need to follow everyone else's idea and at least draft my PS over break....

Agree with everyone else, we need to be OFFICIAL! I can't associate in this thread if it has "started..." in it :laugh:

6 months and counting! PS, secondaries, PRIMARY, LORs, MCAT, it's all becoming REAL now!:luck:

YES EXACTLY :eek: I mean wow, I've been lurking around since like Sophomore year with nothing to contribute, and now we're here preparing for the application process!

Agree with everyone else, we need to be OFFICIAL! I can't associate in this thread if it has "started..." in it :laugh:

6 months and counting! PS, secondaries, PRIMARY, LORs, MCAT, it's all becoming REAL now!:luck:

It should all be worth it if I can do this on my work clothes (scrubs).... Jump to the 38sec mark. For some reason the embed doesn't allow it automatically

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NpdkTcMAE#t=38s[/YOUTUBE]

No, my suggestion was for people who attend a school that doesn't offera committee letter. I attend a large UC, and all my writers get bombarded with letter requests in April-July. So asking in December over winter break worked out awesome for me. I requested my letters in December and they were all uploaded on interfolio by March.
you guys aren't doing this right...
:laugh: come on mods, help these guys fix their title.
The one with the right tittle died of. I just saw it right now while I attempted to open the official right tittle pretty thread!!!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=711410

Mine is right because it is way too early to be calling anyone Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really isn't. Everyone here should be preparing for/taking the MCAT, getting LOR, and selecting schools. I submitted AMCAS the first couple minutes it opened, was verified in an hour, went on interviews in September, and have been accepted to the school I'll attend (withdrew from the rest of my interviews oos). I'm happy all this nonsense is over and I'm glad my preparation has paid off. I hope all of you guys do the prep work early and end up where you want to be before this time next year. It will save you a lot of stress and money.

btw, I think our 2015 thread was on fire by this time last year => so it isn't too early :D. Post now, and don't wait to be accepted or you will miss out on a lot of fun :thumbup:.