Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My MCAT prep course starts tonight actually!!! A little nervous but excited to see how I do on this beast. :xf:

CLASS OF 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT prep course starts tonight actually!!! A little nervous but excited to see how I do on this beast. :xf:

CLASS OF 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine starts Jan 10. Good luck!!

When are you taking the MCAT?

Reality hit me after seeing this thread... I'm finally applying to medical school in 6 months, MCAT in April. :scared: I've been roaming around this forum for about a year now without having anything useful to contribute. Seriously where did this semester go?

This is how I felt.... I thought I was going to graduate in 2013, but am glad I get to graduate in 2012. I was relieved I didn't need a 5th year until I realized that I now get to take the MCAT in the spring and apply in June. Where did this semester go??? Actually, where did the last couple of years go? I was so busy working and going to school that it really snuck up on me!!

I'm taking the MCAT in April too. :luck: to you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Merging related threads and keeping the other thread's name.

Please send your thank you gifts to CougarMD c/o SDN ;)

I am hopefully taking it April 9th with May 21st as my back up. Good luck to you too! :)
Welcome all you 2016-ers :)
let's get the ball rollin'!:D:cool:
May 21!!! haha
my MCAT course actually starts January 15! :scared:

It really isn't. Everyone here should be preparing for/taking the MCAT, getting LOR, and selecting schools. I submitted AMCAS the first couple minutes it opened, was verified in an hour, went on interviews in September, and have been accepted to the school I'll attend (withdrew from the rest of my interviews oos). I'm happy all this nonsense is over and I'm glad my preparation has paid off. :thumbup:.

Hm that's the plan! be prepared and spread the stress out! congrats though :D what about if I'm taking my MCAT May 21? My score would be back June 21/22? so then submitting when it first opens won't help right because I'll still be pending on my MCAT? or I can be verified?

Hm that's the plan! be prepared and spread the stress out! congrats though :D what about if I'm taking my MCAT May 21? My score would be back June 21/22? so then submitting when it first opens won't help right because I'll still be pending on my MCAT? or I can be verified?
You can still be verified without your score.

Check out the AMCAS questions thread from this year and you will get a TON of answers to all of these types of questions so that you can feel really prepared when you are completing and submitting the application.

This is how I felt.... I thought I was going to graduate in 2013, but am glad I get to graduate in 2012. I was relieved I didn't need a 5th year until I realized that I now get to take the MCAT in the spring and apply in June. Where did this semester go??? Actually, where did the last couple of years go? I was so busy working and going to school that it really snuck up on me!!

I'm taking the MCAT in April too. :luck: to you :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I just feel like I woke up and realized that I'm a JUNIOR. haha

I am hopefully taking it April 9th with May 21st as my back up. Good luck to you too! :)

I'm taking the MCAT April 9th, my mini doomsday lol. Classes starting January 10th. =)

Good luck to everybody!!! :luck:

You can submit your amcas without your score to one school. That way your transcripts get verified, and you can add more schools after that. If you wait until June 21 to submit, your transcripts won't be verified for several weeks after that.

Since the bulk of secondaries are made available in July, you don't want to be waiting to be verified (if you can avoid it).

You can submit your amcas without your score to one school. That way your transcripts get verified, and you can add more schools after that. If you wait until June 21 to submit, your transcripts won't be verified for several weeks after that.

Since the bulk of secondaries are made available in July, you don't want to be waiting to be verified (if you can avoid it).

You can still be verified without your score.

Check out the AMCAS questions thread from this year and you will get a TON of answers to all of these types of questions so that you can feel really prepared when you are completing and submitting the application.

Oh thanks for the info guys! I'll be sure to submit ASAP :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I just feel like I woke up and realized that I'm a JUNIOR. haha

I'm taking the MCAT April 9th, my mini doomsday lol. Classes starting January 10th. =)

Good luck to everybody!!! :luck:

SAME! I'm actually a senior, but OMG I can't believe we've worked out whole life for THIS :scared:

good luck on yours! be sure to keep us updated :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you!!!!!

Someone told me to apply to one in-state first. So I can add the other schools after being verified and before the scores comes in??? Or the rest of schools should be added after the results come in??

SAME! I'm actually a senior, but OMG I can't believe we've worked out whole life for THIS :scared:

good luck on yours! be sure to keep us updated :)

After this semester, I'm a senior too. I feel so blonde for not realizing how many credits I actually have!

For those studying for the MCAT.... :luck:

akuarys- LOL @ mini doomsday :laugh:

Thank you!!!!!

Someone told me to apply to one in-state first. So I can add the other schools after being verified and before the scores comes in??? Or the rest of schools should be added after the results come in??

I think some people pick a safety school, that way if your scores come back horrible you can withdraw and avoid being a re-applicant at your top choices the next cycle. However, if you are confident you did well, you will most likely apply to all of your state schools regardless of your scores. Then you could pick your oos schools based on how well you did on the MCAT.

Initially, which school you pick is going to be based on how confident you are in your score. You should definitely add the rest of your schools after your scores come back, because their will be no advantage to listing more than one school. The point is to get your transcripts verified, which you only need one school to accomplish.

Here is another tip:

Make sure you become proficient at kissing butt. You will need this invaluable skill for requesting LOR, stroking schools egos in secondary essays, and during your interviews.

To practice, you guys can thank Cougs for fixing your ugly thread title :D. It looks much better now!

Here is another tip:

Make sure you become proficient at kissing butt.

But can't people generally tell if someone is being fake? I like to think that I can tell. :p

Also, thanks for the advice about getting reference letters in advance. This makes a lot of sense.

How exactly does interfolio work? The referees send the letters to interfolio, and then interfolio forwards them to AMCAS? What exactly is the benefit of this? Is this mainly useful to students who apply through more than one organization (i.e., TMDSAS and AMCAS?). For people only applying through AMCAS, why not just send all the letters directly to it? :confused:

I could look this up, but it would be nice to hear an explanation from someone who's actually gone through the process.

Merging related threads and keeping the other thread's name.

Please send your thank you gifts to CougarMD c/o SDN ;)

Now the posts made just before the merger time look awkward and out of place! :p

This thread makes me feel old. lol

You feel old?

If I had gone to med school right after undergrad, I would have been in the "Class of 2013!!!!" thread. That's a pretty big difference.

Most people in this thread were probably freshmen when I was already a senior. :rolleyes:

If I had gone to med school right after undergrad, I would have been in the "Class of 2013!!!!" thread. That's a pretty big difference.

Most people in this thread were probably freshmen when I was already a senior. :rolleyes:

Same here ;)

But can't people generally tell if someone is being fake? I like to think that I can tell. :p

Also, thanks for the advice about getting reference letters in advance. This makes a lot of sense.

How exactly does interfolio work? The referees send the letters to interfolio, and then interfolio forwards them to AMCAS? What exactly is the benefit of this? Is this mainly useful to students who apply through more than one organization (i.e., TMDSAS and AMCAS?). For people only applying through AMCAS, why not just send all the letters directly to it? :confused:

I could look this up, but it would be nice to hear an explanation from someone who's actually gone through the process.

Now the posts made just before the merger time look awkward and out of place! :p

You feel old?

No, people can't tell. Unless you are terrible at it :D. I think those are the people who are 4.0/38 and have no interviews or acceptances :smuggrin:.

The benefit of using interfolio is that it will allow you to collect your letters early and you can send them to AMCAS yourself. If you wait for amcas to open, the earliest you can send them letters is in May. Get them early, every year people get screwed b/c they are waiting on a writers to send letters. You don't want that holding up your app, or the stress that comes along with it. Basically, interfolio lets you get your letters early and gives you control over them afterward. Also, it will check to make sure they are signed and on letterhead (I had to request two of my writers fix their letters).

Wow. Hard to believe that the 2016 forum has already started. Feels like I only started applying yesterday! gl everyone!!!

so are people taking an mcat class or studying on their own? I'm doing the latter

I'm studying on my own. I bought some BR books and Examkrackers to start. :D

me too :D writing mine and applying this summer. I'm doing self-study with examkrackers mostly and TPR books to solidify the concepts I need. will do a serious month long review of it all in april before I write. good luck to everyone!

so are people taking an mcat class or studying on their own? I'm doing the latter

I studied on my own using Kaplan (not their classroom books but the store-bought one), the EK books, and the TPR Hyper-Learning exercise books (in the last month).

I probably would have disliked the classes, since the pace is wrong for my learning style. I like to build knowledge up from the basics gradually and make sure that I understand most of the fundamentals. :p

I studied on my own using Kaplan (not their classroom books but the store-bought one), the EK books, and the TPR Hyper-Learning exercise books (in the last month).

I probably would have disliked the classes, since the pace is wrong for my learning style. I like to build knowledge up from the basics gradually and make sure that I understand most of the fundamentals. :p

this, I don't think that the classes will be very beneficial for me.

Hello 2016-ers.
call is stress or paranoia, we haven't even started the process, and the thought of me maybe not getting in is already settling in :annoyed:

bleh, must get back to studying :mad:

**** dude just some lab research (**** im starting late), my mcat (studying during my easy q in winter), and some LORs (**** i barely go to class) in my way before applying.

After all of that complaining about the name...I don't even get a lousy "Thank You" from '16ers? Sheesh:rolleyes:

Most of us are probably struggling keeping up with the bunch of exams this week.

But THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :claps::biglove::soexcited:

Last edited:
On my own as well. Hopefully the hand-me-down MCAT books won't let me down!

I just have no idea how I will find time to study for the test in April with Physics II and Orgo II next semester :(

Well taking the classes would make you study for those sections of the MCAT. You could pay more attention to the other sections at first and then finish by studying for the Orgo and Phy sections

Can everybody vote 5 stars on this thread so that we can have a higher rating than "class of 2015!!!!!....!"? lol :cool:

Most of us are probably struggling keeping up with the bunch of exams this week.

But THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :claps::biglove::soexcited:
After taking 4 summer school classes, and filling out 25 secondaries, then taking fall quarter classes while interviewing.... I feel NO pity for you :p.

In 6 months you guys are going to begin a wild ride!
Can everybody vote 5 stars on this thread so that we can have a higher rating than "class of 2015!!!!!....!"? lol :cool:
haha never gonna happen... especially while we've got all the mods.

Scaryyyyyyyyyy :eek: It still doesn't really feel like it's that close yet.. maybe when I actually start studying for the MCAT rather than just staring at the books... LOL

After taking 4 summer school classes, and filling out 25 secondaries, then taking fall quarter classes while interviewing.... I feel NO pity for you :p.

haha never gonna happen... especially while we've got all the mods.
:laugh:
Scaryyyyyyyyyy :eek: It still doesn't really feel like it's that close yet.. maybe when I actually start studying for the MCAT rather than just staring at the books... LOL
Yeah, the MCAT totally makes it real. Trust us....conserve your energy. It is a marathon, not a sprint. Rhino is just all fat and happy because his ride is over....some of us are riding it until the end :p

:laugh: You should make friends with us....we will be the ones answering all of your AMCAS questions in about 6.5 months :cool:

Yeah, the MCAT totally makes it real. Trust us....conserve your energy. It is a marathon, not a sprint. Rhino is just all fat and happy because his ride is over....some of us are riding it until the end :p

:laugh: You should make friends with us....we will be the ones answering all of your AMCAS questions in about 6.5 months :cool:

You should stay in this thread. We got cake ;)

psych2.jpg

OMG I KNOW! i feel like i've had the books forever, but it doesn't feel real, or even close yet. i need a reality check. but i am compiling my list of schools already :)

AND! Hi ms. (i'm assuming this from previous post, but could be mr.) Cougar and mr. (or ms.) rhino, I'm berries, nice to meet you :) would you like to be my friend? :laugh:

OMG I KNOW! i feel like i've had the books forever, but it doesn't feel real, or even close yet. i need a reality check. but i am compiling my list of schools already :)

AND! Hi ms. (i'm assuming this from previous post, but could be mr.) Cougar and mr. (or ms.) rhino, I'm berries, nice to meet you :) would you like to be my friend? :laugh:

Joining in on the excitement. Not *officially* in the '16 class (in the '15, might be deferring a year or two for Peace Corps, though) but hey, you never know!

searching for motivation for studying for these finals coming up.....there is way too much basketball on tv for me to focus

searching for motivation for studying for these finals coming up.....there is way too much basketball on tv for me to focus

motivation could be that you wanna kick that exam's ass so you can compete with these other overachieving SDNers when applying? lol :laugh:

(i would personally just watch basketball though, but that's just me :thumbup:)

motivation could be that you wanna kick that exam's ass so you can compete with these other overachieving SDNers when applying? lol :laugh:

(i would personally just watch basketball though, but that's just me :thumbup:)

yeah seriously, why is it so hard to focus when it matters the most? haha and yes basketball and going out is my main interest these last couple of weeks of school :cool:

i'm applying 2012 and hope im class of 2016 :)