Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh:

Apparently, we can start filling out the Hopkins secondary now. :scared: I won't start it until I submit my primary though.

:laugh:. Good luck on that! For the record, I am not factoring "fun with co-eds" into my choice of med school whatsoever. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: What kind of questions should you be asking during a med school interview?

Blech I'm not a Qdoba fan...their vegetarian stuff just doesn't taste as good to me as Chipotle's...but their quesadillas are good! I've been staying away from there during the past year though, ever since the queso gave me food poisoning :(

Members don't see this ad :)
What's up? What's holding you back from choosing HSM? I thought most people would offer an arm and a leg to attend HSM.
Sorry, totally forgot to come back and check for replies until today...

In retrospect, I dunno. I was a little mentally committed/comfortable with going to Emory, which is a great school in its own right, and so I had to shift my paradigm, if that makes sense.

Doing some MCAT verbal and physics review while trying not to get distracted by all the E3 stuff that's going around (anyone into gaming should know what that is :D )

10 days til MCAT :scared:

In retrospect, I dunno. I was a little mentally committed/comfortable with going to Emory, which is a great school in its own right, and so I had to shift my paradigm, if that makes sense.

Regardless, congrats on choosing! Good luck :)

Must catch up :(

Finished the biggest presentation of the quarter today for research...got a lot of reassuring feedback, don't think I did horrible.

Bookfreak, you keep missing top by posting one after :mad:

Studying for finals suck.

Waiting for MCAT scores sucks even more.

I like Dexter and House and will probably end up catching up this summer.

Never seen Extreme Couponing, but probably need to start doing that. I would like free groceries; not much of a fan of paying 100 dollars on groceries.

On another episode of Life as Berries, made plans to get dinner and ice cream with the BFF on Wednesday. He would be done with his biochem exam and presentation, I would be done with my ochem exam and presentation. His gf gave him the go-ahead since she was going out with the girls. Reminded him all weekend. During today's texting conversation he tells me, "I'm iffy on Wednesday because I might go play tennis with some peeps. Wanna join?" I feel cheated on by my non-boyfriend :mad: Gentlemen, learn to keep promises, k thanks. Chick-fil-a and Baskins was starting to sound real good for Wednesday. Due to finals, I'm also extremely lazy to play tennis...I just wanna go out for a lengthy dinner and get fat :(
/rant.

Finished the biggest presentation of the quarter today for research...got a lot of reassuring feedback, don't think I did horrible.

Never seen Extreme Couponing, but probably need to start doing that. I would like free groceries; not much of a fan of paying 100 dollars on groceries.

On another episode of Life as Berries, made plans to get dinner and ice cream with the BFF on Wednesday. He would be done with his biochem exam and presentation, I would be done with my ochem exam and presentation. His gf gave him the go-ahead since she was going out with the girls. Reminded him all weekend. During today's texting conversation he tells me, "I'm iffy on Wednesday because I might go play tennis with some peeps. Wanna join?" I feel cheated on by my non-boyfriend :mad: Gentlemen, learn to keep promises, k thanks. Chick-fil-a and Baskins was starting to sound real good for Wednesday. Due to finals, I'm also extremely lazy to play tennis...I just wanna go out for a lengthy dinner and get fat :(
/rant.

awww berries!! :e-hug: It'll be okay...you're almost done with school and then you can finally relax! Most guys do suck at keeping promises, that ain't gonna change. Hopefully you won't have any more bad luck with guys though :( If I lived in Cali, I would totally be your date for Wednesday :)

awww berries!! :e-hug: It'll be okay...you're almost done with school and then you can finally relax! Most guys do suck at keeping promises, that ain't gonna change. Hopefully you won't have any more bad luck with guys though :( If I lived in Cali, I would totally be your date for Wednesday :)

Aw thanks, phnerd! relaxing sounds so good right now :( But seriously, you can't teach an old dog new tricks...I don't think the flaking mentality of guys is changing anytime soon :laugh: Guys suck. But thank you! I would've loved if you were in Cali and were my date for Wednesday :love:

Ewwww flaky people suck :(

phnerd did you get my pm earlier today by chance? Sorry, but it looks like I'm officially out. At the very least I can see if two of my cohorts wanna do a tour. Just LMK.

Good luck to the June MCATters!

Ewwww flaky people suck :(

phnerd did you get my pm earlier today by chance? Sorry, but it looks like I'm officially out. At the very least I can see if two of my cohorts wanna do a tour. Just LMK.

Good luck to the June MCATters!
Wish I was from Illinois so I knew what y'all were talking about :mad:
You guys should move to cali :love:

...unlikely :laugh:

I prefer Moe's Southwest Grill. Pretty good and the chips are great. Just not as spicy as chipolte.

Baja Fresh is arguably the best southwest/ mexican fast food chains. The mahi mahi tacos are delicious and healthy :thumbup:

Wish I was from Illinois so I knew what y'all were talking about :mad:
You guys should move to cali :love:

...unlikely :laugh:

Haha we were thinking of taking a tour at Feinberg, our dream school. So sad to hear you're out n3xa, but hopefully we'll still get to meet! Just send you a PM back.

And yes, highly unlikely haha. I love me some cold weather!

Aw thanks, phnerd! relaxing sounds so good right now :( But seriously, you can't teach an old dog new tricks...I don't think the flaking mentality of guys is changing anytime soon :laugh: Guys suck. But thank you! I would've loved if you were in Cali and were my date for Wednesday :love:

Hey, not all of us guys are flaky, and I've had my fare share of being flaked on by the ladies so there.

Being that we're both from Cali, I'd totally hang out with you, but I'm currently immersing myself in my MCAT studies for these next 9 days and won't be doing much of anything with anybody... :rolleyes:

Hey, not all of us guys are flaky, and I've had my fare share of being flaked on by the ladies so there.

Being that we're both from Cali, I'd totally hang out with you, but I'm currently immersing myself in my MCAT studies for these next 9 days and won't be doing much of anything with anybody... :rolleyes:
aww well, then you're an exception!

Hm not a bad idea! even soldiers need break from the horrifying and grueling MCAT :rolleyes:
If not, good luck with the MCAT! you're still awesome :thumbup: we can plan something after your test :)

:thumbup:
We have the tendency to mess up every once in a while, but on the whole some guys are tolerable haha. At least that's what women tell me :D.

:thumbup:
We have the tendency to mess up every once in a while, but on the whole some guys are tolerable haha. At least that's what women tell me :D.
Haha, seems like the c/o 2016 gentlemen are shaping up to be an awesome group!:thumbup:
Maybe it's just the dentists :idea:
(yup, BFF is starting dent school in the fall)

Whyyyy? It's not just something you tolerate? :laugh:
I had the same reaction -_-
I love my California weather :love:

EDIT: probably not a milestone, but 350th post! It's even; it's divisible by 5; it's divisible by 7; it's divisible by 10. I like it.

aww well, then you're an exception!

Hm not a bad idea! even soldiers need break from the horrifying and grueling MCAT :rolleyes:
If not, good luck with the MCAT! you're still awesome :thumbup: we can plan something after your test :)

Sounds like a plan, and I hope that this plan will involve food and alcohol :thumbup::)

Whyyyy? It's not just something you tolerate? :laugh:

I had the same reaction -_-
I love my California weather :love:

EDIT: probably not a milestone, but 350th post! It's even; it's divisible by 5; it's divisible by 7; it's divisible by 10. I like it.

Haha not at all! It can be obscene at times, but the way i see it is like this. If you're cold, you can always add more layers, and if youre hot, theres only so much you can take off lol. Plus ive lived here my whole life so that helps :) it was 93 in the chi today, i couldn't stand it!

Haha berries, and I'M the nerd? ;)

Haha not at all! It can be obscene at times, but the way i see it is like this. If you're cold, you can always add more layers, and if youre hot, theres only so much you can take off lol. Plus ive lived here my whole life so that helps :) it was 93 in the chi today, i couldn't stand it!
That makes sense. If I had to choose between humid grossness and cold, I would choose cold every time.

I'll be getting a 30 no doubt :cool:

but if I get 33+ first shot's on me :cool:
damn, only one song says it all:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo[/YOUTUBE]

...speaking of shots...I like the finest...patron shot for me, thanks :rolleyes::cool::p

I am currently creeping on facebook and reading through the lounge, looking for the drama-filled threads.

I need to seriously get a life.

Actually, I need to seriously study. :mad:

I am currently creeping on facebook and reading through the lounge, looking for the drama-filled threads.

Actually, I need to seriously study. :mad:

Same, I'm currently in my school's study lounge trying to divide my attention between SDN, my MCAT Verbal book and videogame websites ( I'm such a nerd :p )

The computer is such a distraction :rolleyes:

*sigh* Another multi-quote. I thought I had given these up...

Understandable. It's like you were going after this hot guy, but he is being annoying by being indecisive of whether he wants to pursue a relationship, so you give up on him and dedicate yourself to a guy who may not be as hot, but is reliable and awesome in his own way. Flash forward to a couple months later, and behold! The hot guy as returned in all indecisive glory. Now, he has gotten his act together and is ready for a relationship with you, but you already got used to your current boyfriend. Now you have to decide between the two.

Doing some MCAT verbal and physics review while trying not to get distracted by all the E3 stuff that's going around (anyone into gaming should know what that is)

10 days til MCAT

The conference that reveals what games will be coming out in the upcoming year. Each franchise (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, indie, etc.) reveals their games and the fans salivate for some time because of the beautiful demos until the games are finally released and then their hopes are crushed because the games are, in actuality, mediocre.

Good luck on your MCAT!!! :luck:

Congrats! I've dreaded presenting my research because I was afraid my advisor's husband would rip me to shreds (he is a big-wig in the field). The presentations always end up going smoother than I anticipated.

I know!!!! The next one will be mine. It's 2500, so victory will be sweet. I'm always tempted to spam until I reach the top, but it's like an empty win.

Truth.

Agreed.

/rant.

*hugs* Boys are flaky, but I have met my fair share of flaky girls. Pencil in those dates if you're prone to flaking, seriously.

awww berries!! :e-hug: It'll be okay...you're almost done with school and then you can finally relax! Most guys do suck at keeping promises, that ain't gonna change. Hopefully you won't have any more bad luck with guys though If I lived in Cali, I would totally be your date for Wednesday

Me too!!!

I noticed that c/o 2015 has more "!!!!" than us.

That makes me sad.

:mad:

Blame CougarMD. :smuggrin:

I notice this everyday and get annoyed lol...darn you Arjuna wherever you are for not putting more !!!!'s

It wasn't Arjuna, s/he had some ridiculous title that was awkward, so Cougs changed it for us, and gave us a smaller # of !!!!!. We need a Class of 2016 mod to join our crew for some clout. :laugh:

Haha, seems like the c/o 2016 gentlemen are shaping up to be an awesome group!:thumbup:
Maybe it's just the dentists
(yup, BFF is starting dent school in the fall)

Agreed.

That makes sense. If I had to choose between humid grossness and cold, I would choose cold every time.

+a trillion. I absolutely, positively HATE humidity. Cold weather preferred every single time.

Actually, I need to seriously study.

+1, they have a lot of men/women/relationship threads, which are interesting until they devolve into a crap-storm.

Same, I'm currently in my school's study lounge trying to divide my attention between SDN, my MCAT Verbal book and videogame websites ( I'm such a nerd)

The computer is such a distraction

Which ones?

Everyone is gone whenever I get on at night. :cry:

Whatever, I'll entertain myself. Hmph.

This may or may not be ploy to snatch that 2,500th post before everyone wakes up. *evil laugh*

BTW, where's YNK and kexy? I want to hear more of YNK's adventures at Hopkins.

This may or may not be ploy to snatch that 2,500th post before everyone wakes up. *evil laugh*

Your night is my day!:cool:

*sigh* Another multi-quote. I thought I had given these up...

Understandable. It's like you were going after this hot guy, but he is being annoying by being indecisive of whether he wants to pursue a relationship, so you give up on him and dedicate yourself to a guy who may not be as hot, but is reliable and awesome in his own way. Flash forward to a couple months later, and behold! The hot guy as returned in all indecisive glory. Now, he has gotten his act together and is ready for a relationship with you, but you already got used to your current boyfriend. Now you have to decide between the two.

The conference that reveals what games will be coming out in the upcoming year. Each franchise (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, indie, etc.) reveals their games and the fans salivate for some time because of the beautiful demos until the games are finally released and then their hopes are crushed because the games are, in actuality, mediocre.

Good luck on your MCAT!!!

Congrats! I've dreaded presenting my research because I was afraid my advisor's husband would rip me to shreds (he is a big-wig in the field). The presentations always end up going smoother than I anticipated.

I know!!!! The next one will be mine. It's 2500, so victory will be sweet. I'm always tempted to spam until I reach the top, but it's like an empty win.

Truth.

Agreed.

*hugs* Boys are flaky, but I have met my fair share of flaky girls. Pencil in those dates if you're prone to flaking, seriously.

Me too!!!

Blame CougarMD. :smuggrin:

It wasn't Arjuna, s/he had some ridiculous title that was awkward, so Cougs changed it for us, and gave us a smaller # of !!!!!. We need a Class of 2016 mod to join our crew for some clout. :laugh:

Agreed.

+a trillion. I absolutely, positively HATE humidity. Cold weather preferred every single time.

+1, they have a lot of men/women/relationship threads, which are interesting until they devolve into a crap-storm.

Which ones?

BTW, where's YNK and kexy? I want to hear more of YNK's adventures at Hopkins.
1) hm, is that eluding to some real-life bookfreak drama? :mad:
2) Thanks! We got ripped up, but our PI is really protective of us, so she'd jump in when we'd get hellish questions:cool:
3)True, flaky girls exist too. Maybe everyone needs to keep a planner.
4) Argh, really? Someone needs to be a mod so we earn more !!!!.
5) All those threads are humorous to me because I don't have to deal with the drama. I live all the drama vicariously through the loungers.
6) Still here and still fighting to get top :p

I've been wondering about them too! I definitely want to hear more about YNK's research and experience at Hopkins!

Update--BFF said he wants to have a study date with me tomorrow at the library. I'll be writing my personal statement, he'll be working on his research presentation. He might be able to grab a quick bite with me Wednesday because I pulled out the cutesy, "but I don't have anyone to dine with :mad: If only someone would adopt me :mad:"
Sometimes being a girl has its perks :rolleyes:
Should I be feeling guilty that I guilt tripped him into eating with me after he flaked?

nahhh...:confused:

I'm bored.

I've run out of people to stalk on fb (scapegoats wanted. volunteers?:p)

I'm hungry.

I'm not sleepy enough to go to sleep.

:(

Yea warm weather in Cali is beautiful, warm weather in Florida is 95 degrees with insane humidity. No thank you. I'll be happy to get back up North soon. I love the cold :).

Someone mentioned shots. I'll take a double of Blue Label on ice if the offer still stands. :thumbup:

Question: What kind of questions should you be asking during a med school interview?

Really try your hardest to come up with questions that get to what you desire in a school. I know that we are all hoping to be chosen, but you do a little choosing of your own as well. Also, perhaps something that may make the admissions member think. Too many people ask "What is the best and the worst thing of the school?", so don't ask that. When I was interviewed by my pre-health committee, I was told that I asked some of the best questions they've ever had. I spent time thinking of questions that got to what I'm concerned with. What kinds of students the school really seeks, what kind of physicians the school wishes to produce (Paraphrasing, my question goes something like "In what ways will I be a different entering my residency for having chosen this school instead of another one"), etc.

Last edited:
Your night is my day!:cool:

Oh yeah! I forgot you were in Japan. Haha.

1) hm, is that eluding to some real-life bookfreak drama? :mad:
2) Thanks! We got ripped up, but our PI is really protective of us, so she'd jump in when we'd get hellish questions
3)True, flaky girls exist too. Maybe everyone needs to keep a planner.
4) Argh, really? Someone needs to be a mod so we earn more !!!!.
5) All those threads are humorous to me because I don't have to deal with the drama. I live all the drama vicariously through the loungers.
6) Still here and still fighting to get top :p

I've been wondering about them too! I definitely want to hear more about YNK's research and experience at Hopkins!

Update--BFF said he wants to have a study date with me tomorrow at the library. I'll be writing my personal statement, he'll be working on his research presentation. He might be able to grab a quick bite with me Wednesday because I pulled out the cutesy, "but I don't have anyone to dine with :mad: If only someone would adopt me :mad:"
Sometimes being a girl has its perks :rolleyes:
Should I be feeling guilty that I guilt tripped him into eating with me after he flaked?

nahhh...:confused:

1. Hahaha. It's my life, unfortunately. Currently, my life is too boring and has zero drama. That scenario is what one of my friends is going through at the moment.

2. Mine too! :thumbup:

3. I keep one, sort of. I've been slacking lately as classes end, but I remember when I've made plans with someone.

4. Exactly.

5. That's a perk of having friends who fling themselves into drama. There's no drama surrounding me, but I get to hear all the stuff that's going on.

6. Woot. Let's see who'll win this round.

BFF: I wouldn't. He flaked on you first, he's just keeping his promise this way. :D Guilt-trip? Psh. It's not like you tricked him into dating you or something. Just a bite to eat. No worries. :)

Yea warm weather in Cali is beautiful, warm weather in Florida is 95 degrees with insane humidity. No thank you. I'll be happy to get back up North soon. I love the cold :).

Someone mentioned shots. I'll take a double of Blue Label on ice if the offer still stands. :thumbup:
Florida doesn't sound nice at all...gross.

Think soldier is buying for his going-to-be-awesome MCAT score :thumbup:

bookfreak, do we know what state you're from? Your info just says "west" :(