Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wish I was from Illinois so I knew what y'all were talking about :mad:
You guys should move to cali :love:

...unlikely :laugh:

I'm from Cali ;) Oakland whaaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!11

This is going to be so gross. Heat index 95-104 in Chicago this afternoon and I'm volunteering to do a family/kids fitness day event outside on the playground: sack races, hula hoop contest, jump rope, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my gosh, looks like I can't go to sleep anymore cuz I'll miss out on all of the fun! My normal sleep pattern is sleeping around 11 or 12 and waking up at 7, though today I slept in until 830. Gah, off to study now

I love the message under your name... It's so fluffy I could die!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Grrrr... still working on PS and entering Activities. And I start working today!! It's going to be a loooong application cycle!

/Rant Over

Damn, do you guys sleep? :)

the E3 stuff that's going around (anyone into gaming should know what that is )

10 days til MCAT
Cheers to that. And GL on the MCAT.

Wish I was from Illinois so I knew what y'all were talking about
You guys should move to cali

...unlikely
If I get in at Loma Linda, it is a possibility!

Haha not at all! It can be obscene at times, but the way i see it is like this. If you're cold, you can always add more layers, and if youre hot, theres only so much you can take off lol. Plus ive lived here my whole life so that helps :) it was 93 in the chi today, i couldn't stand it!

Haha berries, and I'M the nerd?

Lies. You're such a Cleveland person ;)

Understandable. It's like you were going after this hot guy, but he is being annoying by being indecisive of whether he wants to pursue a relationship, so you give up on him and dedicate yourself to a guy who may not be as hot, but is reliable and awesome in his own way. Flash forward to a couple months later, and behold! The hot guy as returned in all indecisive glory. Now, he has gotten his act together and is ready for a relationship with you, but you already got used to your current boyfriend. Now you have to decide between the two

Yikes. Remind me to never, ever date you :laugh:. "So, Bill, you're great and all, but Ted is really hot and finally got his act together. Peace out, Bill." To each his own, though. :)

Update--BFF said he wants to have a study date with me tomorrow at the library. I'll be writing my personal statement, he'll be working on his research presentation. He might be able to grab a quick bite with me Wednesday because I pulled out the cutesy, "but I don't have anyone to dine with If only someone would adopt me "
Sometimes being a girl has its perks
Should I be feeling guilty that I guilt tripped him into eating with me after he flaked?

Sounds like you like this guy a little more than a BFF ;). I've been there before; it is never a good idea :laugh:.

I'm from Cali Oakland whaaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!11

This is going to be so gross. Heat index 95-104 in Chicago this afternoon and I'm volunteering to do a family/kids fitness day event outside on the playground: sack races, hula hoop contest, jump rope, etc.

I thought I was melting when I walked outside this morning. Still, I'd rather be at a playground than at work.

My committee letter packet was uploaded this morning! :clap:

It wasn't so unbearable last night.

Oh yeah, I don't have AC. :(

Holy smokes you guys were up late last night!

:D, but now I'm up early :(

Yikes. Remind me to never, ever date you :laugh:. "So, Bill, you're great and all, but Ted is really hot and finally got his act together. Peace out, Bill." To each his own, though. :)

:laugh: I already mentioned that this is a situation my friend is in so I used it as an analogy because she's been talking about it for months. You gotta give me more credit than that, lol.

My committee letter packet was uploaded this morning! :clap:

Congrats! That's exciting.

Wow, lucky! That's super quick. My committee letter packet won't be ready for weeks :(:(:(

Same here. Sucks. :( I interviewed with them earlier in the year, so they write my letter earlier, but I don't know when they will upload it.

It wasn't so unbearable last night.

Oh yeah, I don't have AC. :(

:eek:. I'd die without AC.

:laugh: I already mentioned that this is a situation my friend is in so I used it as an analogy because she's been talking about it for months. You gotta give me more credit than that, lol.

Same here. Sucks. :( I interviewed with them earlier in the year, so they write my letter earlier, but I don't know when they will upload it.

Lol, OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;).

And, yea, I'm third on their list of ~240, so I hope they do it soon!

:eek:. I'd die without AC.

Same. Especially with humidity. A/C = saving grace during my summers on the east coast.

Lol, OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;).

Thank you kindly. ;)

And, yea, I'm third on their list of ~240, so I hope they do it soon!

3/240?!?! I'm more like 20/150, haha. When did they start writing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I love the message under your name... It's so fluffy I could die!! :love:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! Agnes and the minions are soo cute :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82utG7Q3G_k[/YOUTUBE]

Lies. You're such a Cleveland person ;)

:eek: Don't insult me Steve. You better watch your back!

And I definitely couldn't survive without AC either. I can barely survive the walk from the library to my car in the heat :(

Same. Especially with humidity. A/C = saving grace during my summers on the east coast.

Thank you kindly. ;)

3/240?!?! I'm more like 20/150, haha. When did they start writing?

No problem :)

They started in mid-late May. I think they also have to do a bunch of bureaucratic BS before they submit my packet. I'm betting it will be submitted 1st week of July, at which time I'll then be complete.

:eek: Don't insult me Steve. You better watch your back!

Me at night watching my back for phnerd: :scared:

No problem :)

They started in mid-late May. I think they also have to do a bunch of bureaucratic BS before they submit my packet. I'm betting it will be submitted 1st week of July, at which time I'll then be complete.

Me at night watching my back for phnerd: :scared:

Yeah, mine started writing in May and will continue through July. *sigh*

My school doesn't have a pre-med committee so I never had to worry about that!

Looking at the old school threads, it looks like the earliest people were getting secondaries was 7/1. This is great for me because I'm hoping my committee packet comes in around then!

Ahh. Really hoping for some August interviews too. That would be grand.

That would be grand. I am incredibly nervous during interviews especially the first ones (like stammering, forget information, say stupid stuff type of nervous), so if I can one under my belt early enough, it will help immensely.

Looking at the old school threads, it looks like the earliest people were getting secondaries was 7/1. This is great for me because I'm hoping my committee packet comes in around then!

I wonder if AMCAS sending off the first set of primaries a little earlier this year will affect that? It doesn't seem to though, perusing various schools' websites a few of them state that they will provide secondaries in July. I hope so. :xf:

That would be grand. I am incredibly nervous during interviews especially the first ones (like stammering, forget information, say stupid stuff type of nervous), so if I can one under my belt early enough, it will help immensely.
I'm looking forward to getting that first one out of the way also. That's so far in the future though... but not really :laugh:

Better work on that :D. The key to interviewing (in the business world anyway) is to relax, be confident, be assertive, and be honest. Do those things and you should be OK. Def practice before your first one!

I wonder if AMCAS sending off the first set of primaries a little earlier this year will affect that? It doesn't seem to though, perusing various schools' websites a few of them state that they will provide secondaries in July. I hope so. :xf:
Hope so too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! Agnes and the minions are soo cute :)

Yes they are!!

My school doesn't have a pre-med committee so I never had to worry about that!

I am so glad I don't have to worry about that!

I think I have my ps done, and now I'm tweaking my most meaningful experiences. Should be ready to submit when I get my score back. Whew!

Hi guys! My internet is really crappy today, but I just wanted to say hi! Not much else to report, haha. It's hot here. I'm STILL waiting on one of my transcripts to arrive and sort of lazily working on pre-writing my secondaries. Is anyone else doing this? I guess I don't really have a whole lot else going on so I've got the time...

Hi guys! My internet is really crappy today, but I just wanted to say hi! Not much else to report, haha. It's hot here. I'm STILL waiting on one of my transcripts to arrive and sort of lazily working on pre-writing my secondaries. Is anyone else doing this? I guess I don't really have a whole lot else going on so I've got the time...

:hello:

I've started brainstorming for my secondaries, that's about it. Something everyone should start considering: what are you going to write for those generic questions like "Is there anything else you would like us to know?"

AMCAS Processing is Complete
Application has been made available to the designated medical schools.

Submitted: 6/1 @1:40pm
Verified : 6/7 @3:40pm

GPA's were bumped up *.04 ... so, nice!..

NOTE: My post-bacc school sent my transcripts twice, and I guess it made the AMCAS confused. I wrote them today in the morning, and was verified in the PM. Maybe it wasn't any related to that, I donna!..

Mine has still been under review since Friday! I'm not sure why it is taking so long. Transcripts were received weeks ago.

Doing some MCAT verbal and physics review while trying not to get distracted by all the E3 stuff that's going around (anyone into gaming should know what that is :D )

10 days til MCAT :scared:

E3 this year looks awesome, only if it's because I've always been a Halo fanboy, even though the games often disappoint me. I love the story/background etc. (I just read one of the new Forerunner story books for the series)

Regardless, congrats on choosing! Good luck :)
Thanks, y'all are gonna kick ass this cycle :cool:

I don't know you very well, but I just read your MDApps... Those EC's are fantastic. Crush your MCAT and add a few more reach schools, if that's the sort of place you're into, I think you can do it!! :)
Alcohol is awesome. AWESOME.
:thumbup::thumbup:

Mine has still been under review since Friday! I'm not sure why it is taking so long. Transcripts were received weeks ago.
I think I submitted on the second day and it took like a week to get verified, FTR. I predict even more than the already-record number of applicants this year, too (thanks to the economy).

Congrats ceng!

hi KSkid! I have my secondaries from last year that I can tweak, but some of those questions are awful to answer! I wonder if they'll change any this year.

Congrats ceng!

hi KSkid! I have my secondaries from last year that I can tweak, but some of those questions are awful to answer! I wonder if they'll change any this year.
I saw the Kansas secondary from last year. YIKES.

So as soon as you are verified, you get your AMCAS calculated GPA?
Yep, and it breaks it down by year and science/non science. Edit: too slow x2 :)

So as soon as you are verified, you get your AMCAS calculated GPA?
Correct. They'd calculated GPAs and prepared a detailed matrix for BCPM, AO, and Total for my BS, MS, and second-bacc degrees.

I don't know you very well, but I just read your MDApps... Those EC's are fantastic. Crush your MCAT and add a few more reach schools, if that's the sort of place you're into, I think you can do it!! :)

Aw thanks haha, you have no idea how much I needed to hear that. My MCAT is in 5.5 weeks, and I've just been so unmotivated. I took the MCAT in March and did BEYOND awful, so I've just been really nervous about this one. My GPA's are around 3.6's, so I'm hoping for a 33+ this time around :). Thanks for all of your encouragement!

Last edited:
ohhhmigosh... really dunno if i can narrow my list down to less than 23... the paranoia is strong with me... need to get all this in order so soon though!!

anyway... i'm almost ready to be broke witchyall. here's to depleting our savings :oops:

Congrats ceng!

yeah, that KS secondary is a beast. It's one of the worst I'll be doing, so that's good. Luckily it's one of like...two...that I have finished already. I'm not looking forward to doing all the research into 'why this school' answers for the others. Ugh.

Quack......

Yup. That's a bump in disguise.

I love it!

This post was basically just a bump, too. :laugh:

just got home from giving a 30-min speech in japanese to 100 people at an international exchange forum to find my app verified! yay!

Yeah, YIKES! I've been so busy with my ps and activities that I don't even want to think about the secondary right now. Plus I am going on vacation starting tomorrow. :D

Aw thanks haha, you have no idea how much I needed to hear that. My MCAT is in 5.5 weeks, and I've just been so unmotivated. I took the MCAT in March and did BEYOND awful, so I've just been really nervous about this one. My GPA's are around 3.6's, so I'm hoping for a 33+ this time around :). Thanks for all of your encouragement!

You will do great! Just keep thinking you will rock it this time around and try not to get too nervous. Calm, cool and collected. ;) :luck:

Quack......

Yup. That's a bump in disguise.

:laugh:

ohhhmigosh... really dunno if i can narrow my list down to less than 23... the paranoia is strong with me... need to get all this in order so soon though!!

anyway... i'm almost ready to be broke witchyall. here's to depleting our savings :oops:

Soon broke you will be.

Yay capn! and kudos to your speech!

Yay capn! and kudos to your speech!

thanks!! i was soooo nervous!! but it went amazingly! i mentioned it in a one-line blurb in my hobbies section on AMCAS but i kinda wanna email all my schools and be like "i know this is unrelated to medicine, but isn't it awesome?!" :D