Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since it seems like there's a sizable lot of you in Chicago, have you seen this? http://improveverywhere.com/missions/the-mp3-experiments/mp3-experiment-chicago/ I'm thinking of joining in...

Ugh I wish but Sundays are my Tough Mudder training days in the burbs with my brodawg.

Hopefully this time I'll can carry him without falling over. :laugh:

Steve - the after-school outreach was a blast, but jesusmaryjosef I could've sworn some of those kids were in HIGH SCHOOL.. nope, K-8! :eek:

And did I mention always wanting to /myself every time I drive in Chicago? Between the drivers and dodging potholes galore on Cicero.. fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was finally verified! They did a lot of changes to my senior, junior, etc. GPA but other than that nothing. My cGPA and sGPA didn't change at all!

Ugh I wish but Sundays are my Tough Mudder training days in the burbs with my brodawg.
How are you training?

Mine was finally verified! They did a lot of changes to my senior, junior, etc. GPA but other than that nothing. My cGPA and sGPA didn't change at all!
Congratulations! Secondary time soon...

Edit: getting close to TOP! Who's going to take the prize? :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How are you training?

Usually we do a long run around the suburbs, hitting up every playground (IBpedobear) and doing the monkeybars, pushups, mountain climbers, running up this one giant sledding hill..

During the week I do speed drills and in between weight training I'll jump rope to keep my heart rate up. We'll see how it goes..

Usually we do a long run around the suburbs, hitting up every playground (IBpedobear) and doing the monkeybars, pushups, mountain climbers, running up this one giant sledding hill..

During the week I do speed drills and in between weight training I'll jump rope to keep my heart rate up. We'll see how it goes..

Holy crap. I could never do Tough Mudder. Maybe one day haha but not now. Major props to you!:thumbup: When are you registered?

Okay, wow, this thread has been on fire the past 24 hours. Plus I want to make top again, I miss it :p

Anyways, I wanted to take a FL today to see where I stand, but when my alarm went off at 6:30, I had a total of 3 hours of sleep and didn't think it would be a good idea to take a monster 6 hour test on that much sleep. So.. I just woke up now and I'm going to be doing more G-Chem review. I'll take like 3 FL this Fri-Sun before toning it down.

Okay, wow, this thread has been on fire the past 24 hours. Plus I want to make top again, I miss it :p

Anyways, I wanted to take a FL today to see where I stand, but when my alarm went off at 6:30, I had a total of 3 hours of sleep and didn't think it would be a good idea to take a monster 6 hour test on that much sleep. So.. I just woke up now and I'm going to be doing more G-Chem review. I'll take like 3 FL this Fri-Sun before toning it down.

Told ya. :cool:

does anyone applying to Hopkins mind posting the secondary? I tried asking in the school specific thread but got no response, thanks.

secondaries don't come out till the 17th... no?

For Hopkins, if you have an AMCAS ID, you can start the secondary now.

Edit: You can't submit it until you have submitted your AMCAS though.

Double edit: They're updating their system, so they might not let anyone start it until the 17th.

Last edited:
does anyone applying to Hopkins mind posting the secondary? I tried asking in the school specific thread but got no response, thanks.

It seems like they are updating their application now, so they won't let anyone create a new account. Boo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Steve - the after-school outreach was a blast, but jesusmaryjosef I could've sworn some of those kids were in HIGH SCHOOL.. nope, K-8! :eek:

And did I mention always wanting to /myself every time I drive in Chicago? Between the drivers and dodging potholes galore on Cicero.. fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu

Haha it was so hot out too. I'm sure it was a good time though. Also- driving in Chicago is an acquired talent that takes years and years to attain. Keep at it!

American Gladiator style! I like it.

Talk to ya'll next week! I'm goin' on vacation!

HATERS7.gif

;)

Lazy day for me... just ordered some sushi and probably going to watch a movie tonight. FYI if you haven't seen it- The King's Speech is kind of bad.

by bad i hope you mean awesome. the kings speech was awesome.

Lazy day for me... just ordered some sushi and probably going to watch a movie tonight. FYI if you haven't seen it- The King's Speech is kind of bad.

what kinda sushi? :D

on another note, my schools premed office guarantees LORs will be sent by....
(drumroll)
SEPTEMBER 19th!

considering i have to email schools and ask them to try and schedule me interviews within a 2-week period of each other for when i fly back.... oh, and book an international flight and re-arrange my teaching schedule....

september 19th is really, really late.
hoping that they get started on mine marginally earlier. :xf:

(drumroll)
SEPTEMBER 19th!

considering i have to email schools and ask them to try and schedule me interviews within a 2-week period of each other for when i fly back.... oh, and book an international flight and re-arrange my teaching schedule....

Got some California rolls and then also ordered some General Tso's (sp?) Chicken. Good stuff!

Sept. 19th ............ :(

I would be so upset if it took my committee that long. Makes me feel not as bad that I won't get mine in until July sometime.

man, way to break the trend.

Seriously.

Sushi = yum! I haven't had some in a long while.

(drumroll)
SEPTEMBER 19th!

:( I'm sorry. They should be more flexible because you are out of the country and have limited time (and funds probably) to be flying around. You should state your case.

Got some California rolls and then also ordered some General Tso's (sp?) Chicken. Good stuff!

I would be so upset if it took my committee that long. Makes me feel not as bad that I won't get mine in until July sometime.

Same.

Which movie are you going to watch?

Oh and yea- have fun! Totally jealous.

The trend continues!

California Rolls are so lame,
Unagi (eel) is where its at :D favorite type of sushi

Sushi = yum! I haven't had some in a long while.

Same.

Which movie are you going to watch?

The trend continues!

Not sure yet- about to choose. I'm really feeling one of those old school feel-good movies like Forest Gump or something :laugh:. They don't make good movies like that anymore!

Is that because you're from California? ;)

Eel sounds pretty extreme. I'd try it though. Not that I'm Andrew Zimmern or anything..

Not sure yet- about to choose. I'm really feeling one of those old school feel-good movies like Forest Gump or something :laugh:. They don't make good movies like that anymore!

Is that because you're from California? ;)

Eel sounds pretty extreme. I'd try it though. Not that I'm Andrew Zimmern or anything..

Well at least my state has roll named after them. I never heard of an Illinois roll :laugh:

Well at least my state has roll named after them. I never heard of an Illinois roll :laugh:

...but I thought you hate your state roll. :)

And I would imagine that the IL roll would have polish sausage and deep dish pizza in it :D. I'd eat it.

And I think the movie winner is "Good Will Hunting". It has been a bit since I've watched this one.

And I think the movie winner is "Good Will Hunting". It has been a bit since I've watched this one.

:thumbup: Great movie!

"You know, I was on this plane once. And I'm sitting there and uh. . . the captain gets on, he does his whole, you know, we'll be cruisin' at 35,000 feet. But then he puts the mic down and forgets to turn it off. And so he turns to the co-pilot and he's like, "you know, all I could use right now is a ****in' blow job and a cup of coffee." So the stewardess ****in' goes bombin' up from the back of the plane to tell him that the microphone's still on. And this guy in the back of the plane is like, "Hey, hon, don't forget the coffee!"

Well, it's *by* Sept. 19th. So some people will be submitted in July and August maybe?

and mmmm CA rolls. i miss American sushi! :D

:( I'm sorry. They should be more flexible because you are out of the country and have limited time (and funds probably) to be flying around. You should state your case.

yea, except the office's guide to their LOR service specifically says "Do not .
contact our office regarding the status of your letter before this date." and then says (see page X) which is a paragraph describing professional conduct.

Yeah well some cali person had the nerve to post some article about sushi restaurants in the bay area starting to ban salmon and unagi from their menu because it's not "eco-friendly." :mad:

I look forward to getting my unagi fix when I get back to the bay! What else am I gonna eat, In and Out? :p

Oooo but there's always ethiopian on Telegraph.... nomnomnomnom

Yeah well some cali person had the nerve to post some article about sushi restaurants in the bay area starting to ban salmon and unagi from their menu because it's not "eco-friendly." :mad:

I look forward to getting my unagi fix when I get back to the bay! What else am I gonna eat, In and Out? :p

god i would kill for ethiopian!!

I had the crappiest day today... Sympathies welcome :(

Details/Major multiquote to come tomorrow!

+ freaking 1

Funny thing is that at a party, they had a sushi platter with no labels just different types of sushi. So I picked one and ate it, it was soooo delicious, but I didn't know the name. A couple days later, I was in the student store and saw the sushi that I had ate at the party. It was eel. I went from :eek: to *omnomnom*.

You right they don't make movies like that, now they are ripping of children's books. :thumbdown:

It sounds extreme, but it's tasty.

True, haha.

...but I thought you hate your state roll. :)

And I would imagine that the IL roll would have polish sausage and deep dish pizza in it :D. I'd eat it.

I wouldn't, but then again, I thought fries fried in duckfat sounded interesting, so who knows. :laugh:

I heard it's really good.

yea, except the office's guide to their LOR service specifically says "Do not .
contact our office regarding the status of your letter before this date." and then says (see page X) which is a paragraph describing professional conduct.

Completely and utterly lame. :thumbdown:

Hope they'll submit it earlier! :xf:

:rolleyes: Fine then. The other restaurants that sell unagi and salmon will gladly receive my business.

god i would kill for ethiopian!!

Ethiopian? Psh. West African cuisine FTW.

I had the crappiest day today... Sympathies welcome :(

Details/Major multiquote to come tomorrow!

I'm sorry. Hope tomorrow is better!

No details today? Booo. Now I might have to go to bed early. *sigh*