Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 to what Rhino said....
It is SO worth it. Seriously. If you own it you will look around SDN and wonder how so many people just don't get it.

Members don't see this ad.

If your school has a decent library, then it should be in there.

Yes, it is definitely worth using when selecting schools (a must actually). Buy it if you have to. Maybe you could find the current cycles MSAR on craigslist for cheap (it won't change much, it is $25 brand new).

Ohh so it should be at the library, I thought the pre-health adviser's office had them. I'll check thanks!! If not I'll just buy it

It is SO worth it. Seriously. If you own it you will look around SDN and wonder how so many people just don't get it.

:thumbup: Yes, VERY true!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys!

Hardest part is waiting until you get that first acceptance. Oh and writing all those boring essays about yourself and what you've done.

Listen to the advice given here because they know their stuff.:)

Lol ok.

My school has one but can't be checked out :mad:, I guess I'm buying it. And the 2010-2011 is checked out for a couple of months

I wanna know where MCAT guy is going....I want to be at his school. He would be so fun to sit next to in class.

Lol. Did i miss this thread gaining its legitimacy?

Mine is right because it is way too early to be calling anyone Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You-must-be-new-here.jpg

I have a committee letter, but they still want us to collect all our individual letters of recommendation with an online thing, but we're using veCollect which is part of VirtualEvals, not Interfolio. The veCollect thing just holds the letters so the committee can use them for the big letter, although I am pretty sure all the letters are scanned in their entirety into the main letter. I know that they don't even begin to write the committee letter until after we have submitted to AMCAS. This worries me a little; I don't think my letter will be finished as early as I want!

I am also a little bit confused about transcripts. Do I get the individual undergrads to send in the transcripts online to AMCAS or is there some sort of snail mail thing going on?

Also, when is the earliest I can start my application?

And if I've already taken the MCAT does that mean I already have an AMCAS ID? I've heard somewhere there were two different IDs and this is confusing lol. How can I find out my ID if I have forgotten it?

Thanks all you oldtimers for answering our questions! You're really helping to facilitate our early neurosis! Haha

kid

I have a committee letter, but they still want us to collect all our individual letters of recommendation with an online thing, but we're using veCollect which is part of VirtualEvals, not Interfolio. The veCollect thing just holds the letters so the committee can use them for the big letter, although I am pretty sure all the letters are scanned in their entirety into the main letter. I know that they don't even begin to write the committee letter until after we have submitted to AMCAS. This worries me a little; I don't think my letter will be finished as early as I want!

I am also a little bit confused about transcripts. Do I get the individual undergrads to send in the transcripts online to AMCAS or is there some sort of snail mail thing going on?

And if I've already taken the MCAT does that mean I already have an AMCAS ID? I've heard somewhere there were two different IDs and this is confusing lol. How can I find out my ID if I have forgotten it?

Thanks all you oldtimers for answering our questions! You're really helping to facilitate our early neurosis! Haha

kid
All of those questions except the snail mail thing were already answered; see one of my long posts above:)

I don't know if some schools can transmit online, but I know that all of mine were through snail mail. You have your school mail the transcripts to AMCAS.

You know I went back and looked at the last page of this thread (Page 5) and between Rhino and I....I swear about 90% of what you need to know to apply is on that page.

I propose we start a thing. Whenever someone asks a question, we just say "See page 5" :cool:

i have no motivation to study for my finals, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Me either!!!!!!!!! This hasn't really been a probably until this semester! I just want this semester to enddddddddddddd. :D

yeah idk I'm always super burned out with my classes at the end.....:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)

kid
Your AMCAS ID is the same as the one for your MCAT. However, there is an AMCAS letter ID for each of your LORs, which is printed out when you create a LOR request on AMCAS (do not worry about this ID now-- at all... I'm serious :D).

You will send your transcripts to AMCAS via snail mail. AMCAS can be filled out starting ~ May 1st. As soon as it opens, fill out the transcript request form and have your school send the transcripts. Then, ~June 1st you can submit your AMCAS for verification.

and per Cougs... see page 5 for further info/details

You know I went back and looked at the last page of this thread (Page 5) and between Rhino and I....I swear about 90% of what you need to know to apply is on that page.

I propose we start a thing. Whenever someone asks a question, we just say "See page 5" :cool:

Why don't you guys have a Wiki or something similar. That is sticky to the top or something. That way you just offer the link and the person can go through the answers by categories, frequency of times it gets asked, etc

yeah idk I'm always super burned out with my classes at the end.....:cool:

ugghhh I know and as much as I love SDN, it is my biggest distraction/excuse for procrastination. I feel this is where I spent most of my time online. At least I will be a very informed applicant...? lol :D

I agree, we need a Coug/Rhino Sticky! Or a "refer to" emoticon! ahaha

and with the distractions and no inclination to study, it doesn't help that I am "subscribed" to this thread, so I immediately know when a 2016-er has posted! bhahaha

Your AMCAS ID is the same as the one for your MCAT. However, there is an AMCAS letter ID for each of your LORs, which is printed out when you create a LOR request on AMCAS (do not worry about this ID now-- at all... I'm serious :D).

You will send your transcripts to AMCAS via snail mail. AMCAS can be filled out starting ~ May 1st. As soon as it opens, fill out the transcript request form and have your school send the transcripts. Then, ~June 1st you can submit your AMCAS for verification.

Actually Rhino just totally schooled me because I did NOT remember that the AMCAS ID was the same for the MCAT and the app.:)

I really recommend that in your spare time you read that Official AMCAS Questions thread. You will be a very well prepared applicant. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=724622

ugghhh I know and as much as I love SDN, it is my biggest distraction/excuse for procrastination. I feel this is where I spent most of my time online. At least I will be a very informed applicant...? lol :D

procrastinating as we speak, back to physiology.......:thumbdown:

This thread took me too damn long to find because it was on page 2 :thumbdown:

Also, I am going to try this new thing tonight....SLEEP :confused::eek:
That is because I got my ass kicked today by two exams and eye bags have become a permanent feature under my eyes. This does not make a girl more attractive, trust me :mad::cool:
Hope finals are treating you 2016ers well!:thumbup:

This thread took me too damn long to find because it was on page 2 :thumbdown:

Also, I am going to try this new thing tonight....SLEEP :confused::eek:
That is because I got my ass kicked today by two exams and eye bags have become a permanent feature under my eyes. This does not make a girl more attractive, trust me :mad::cool:
Hope finals are treating you 2016ers well!:thumbup:

Thanks and I'm sure you did fine on yours! I'm just a bit saddened at the moment- my birthday is the day before one of my most important finals :(. Maybe I should somehow mention this on the scantron...? lol

Good luck all you 2016ers with finals! I remember those days fondly-ish! :)

so if I have a committee letter from my school's health committee, I'll just have one AMCAS letter ID in addition to my AMCAS ID?

this transcript request form: do I print it out and get it to the registrars office via fax or can it be done online? there's no way to do it before May?

How much does it cost to submit AMCAS? I know it's $160 for one school, but how much are additional schools?

sorry for all the questions all at once; i only have computer access for a few hours a week!

so if I have a committee letter from my school's health committee, I'll just have one AMCAS letter ID in addition to my AMCAS ID?

this transcript request form: do I print it out and get it to the registrars office via fax or can it be done online? there's no way to do it before May?
Yes, when your print out your LOR request for your committee letter to be added for AMCAS, there will be a LOR ID #. That number is just used to associate the letter with your specific app. No big deal.

The transcript request form can be printed from amcas, however, I used the transcript request form from my school and it worked fine. I had no problems. When AMCAS opens in May, you should request your transcripts immediately, b/c that is usually the biggest hold up besides verification. There is no way, or advantage, to request your transcripts before May. You should have no problem requesting your transcripts online, I did this for two of the three schools I got transcripts from. Again, I had absolutely no issues when doing this online.
How much does it cost to submit AMCAS? I know it's $160 for one school, but how much are additional schools?

sorry for all the questions all at once; i only have computer access for a few hours a week!
The first school is $160, then each school after is $30 each. Then, your secondary apps will be between ~$60-$150 each.

just got pwned by physiology final:bang:, time to drunk :cool:....gonna be fun studying hungover tomorrow

just got pwned by physiology final:bang:, time to drunk :cool:....gonna be fun studying hungover tomorrow

As long as you are hangover during the test you'll be fine ;)

------

I just got my EK MCAT complete study package, now I know than in less than a month I'm starting the course :scared:. The worst is the anxiety of not knowing how am I going to do on it :laugh:

Good luck to everyone on their finals! T-minus 14 hours till my first two which are 30 minutes apart. :scared:

But on the bright side, winter break is almost here and then its snowboarding time! Gotta love that.

Good luck to everyone on their finals! T-minus 14 hours till my first two which are 30 minutes apart. :scared:

But on the bright side, winter break is almost here and then its snowboarding time! Gotta love that.

You have 2 finals on a Saturday? That sucks

Good luck everyone :D...

I'm done!!!!!!!! :cool::soexcited:

Hey y'all,

_______ School of Medicine Class of 2016 Hopeful here,

Is anyone else applying to schools in Georgia (Emory, Mercer, MCG) besides me :)

Hey y'all,

Is anyone else applying to schools in Georgia (Emory, Mercer, MCG) besides me :)

+1!!!
I'll probably apply throughout the SEC conference and Northeast... maybe a couple in the West too? :)

Hey y'all,

+3 here :)

I think I'm aplying to at least one in each state :oops:

definitely emory! mercer takes no out of staters... for some reason thought mcg was the same but i'd have to double check...

definitely emory! mercer takes no out of staters... for some reason thought mcg was the same but i'd have to double check...

I just checked. Only 5% OOS, so I guess I might not apply

-----------------
Can you imagine that within a year, hopefully, all of us are going to be having interviews with medical schools?

Last edited:

Aw sorry! hopefully getting drunk took the pain away!

As long as you are hangover during the test you'll be fine ;)

------

I just got my EK MCAT complete study package, now I know than in less than a month I'm starting the course :scared:. The worst is the anxiety of not knowing how am I going to do on it :laugh:
BAHAHAH i know! thing is, I'm applying blindly, hoping I do well on the test because I'm taking the May 21 test. :xf: for us ALL doing well :)

OMG OMG OMG SO EXCITED TO GO BOARDING! cheers!
I just checked. Only 5% OOS, so I guess I might not apply

-----------------
Can you imagine that within a year, hopefully, all of us are going to be having interviews with medical schools?
bahaha soooo scary! one year seems close and far, all at the same time.

SOOOO i have three finals and a major presentation, all standing in the middle of me and break. And, I have two class grades riding on the final because i'm so damn borderline!

SOOOO i have three finals and a major presentation, all standing in the middle of me and break. And, I have two class grades riding on the final because i'm so damn borderline!

I had that with Orgo but I think every body did because the final is worth 40% the total grade :(

Good luck!

We are taking the MCAT the same day lol, at least I wont be the only one scared sh*tless while I do it :laugh:

I had that with Orgo but I think every body did because the final is worth 40% the total grade :(

Good luck!

We are taking the MCAT the same day lol, at least I wont be the only one scared sh*tless while I do it :laugh:

i concur, ochem is where I am borderline :laugh:

Ah yes, Venc, i guess it's us hoping we ROCKED the exam when we apply :D

I am SO happy right now! My 2 hardest finals are outta the way and I think I salvaged a B in a class to an A- with a stellar performance on my final. :D WOOOO!!

And who else is stoked for winter break?! God it could not come faster lol.

I am SO happy right now! My 2 hardest finals are outta the way and I think I salvaged a B in a class to an A- with a stellar performance on my final. :D WOOOO!!

And who else is stoked for winter break?! God it could not come faster lol.

Wow.. good job!!!

I can't wait for breakkkkkkkkkkkk.... I still have two more days of regular class + lab and then 2 finals to take. It is seriously taking forever to get through the remaining time. I'm cooped up in my apartment because of all the snow.... no fun!! You think that it would help me stay focused on studying, but nope! lol. After someone mentioned Psych, I noticed it was on netflix streaming. I'm on the 4th season LOL..... such a bum today!

Any of you actually thinking of taking the break? lol

I'm planing on choosing the schools I'm going to apply, do the essays, finish my PS, do some pre-study for the MCAT.

This MSAR book just showed me that the avg is of 3.7-3.8 in most schools:scared:

I'm going back to my home state for a week and a half-ish, taking a short protein synthesis workshop (only 3 days!), training for a different volunteer position (only a couple days), studying for MCAT and sleepinggggggggggggggggggggg lol. I'm mostly excited for the first and last part!

so I haven't posted on here in ages, mostly because of the somewhat negative nature of the forum, and partly because I wasn't in any position to really begin my application process. Now, I've graduated (class of 2010 wassup!) and deep in my princeton review MCAT prep class, I guess I can finally bring myself to post in here again.

Who here is taking the April 29th MCAT?

I'm going to take the MCAT 4/29..... I'm not taking a prep course so hopefully I will be prepared enough for it.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!! :) I'm soooooo boredddddddd.... my roommate decided to venture out into the crazy snow.... My car isn't snow approved so I'm stuck lol.

Isn't it awesome?

I have one of those mugs that says "The Psychic is IN" I need another one, I think. You can never have too much Psych gear;)

never got into that show my faves are

24, family guy, house, nip/tuck, boardwalk empire, walking dead, dexter..

Walking Dead is also awesome, do you follow the comics? I only hope that during an interview someone asks me what books I like to read (or hobbies) I'll mention reading the Walking Dead.