Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pft no way! it's the button after quote in the bottom right hand corner. It's a sheet of paper with quotes haha
Ah yeah, i realized after you're from AL because of your profile on the side. That's awesome though, never been there, so even just an interview would be a mini vacation!
and thank you! yesss too early. all nighter awaits. I hope I do relatively well! you're done with finals yeah?

oh I see it now. haha, i feel really stupid now :oops:

I've got one tomorrow and one on Thursday.....and then holidays, here I come :)

Members don't see this ad.

I finished up on Monday and I am free for 3 weeks! I have just been enjoying life for the past 2 days. lol. :luck: to everyone else that still have finals!

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished up on Monday and I am free for 3 weeks! I have just been enjoying life for the past 2 days. lol. :luck: to everyone else that still have finals!

Congrats!!! I'll be done on Thursday, and then it's Christmas Shopping Time!

As I continue to try to get a preliminary list of schools together, I was thinking about the housing situation at each school. My girlfriend and I are both moving on to grad school at the same time. We are both looking at schools primarily in NYC and the surrounding vicinity. I was then wondering are there any schools that would allow couples to live together? I know NYU offers a few studios for couple occupancy, however I can't seem to find how much a set up like this would cost. It seems that it would be cheaper to live through a school than to try to find an apartment in an OK area on our own. Thanks

As I continue to try to get a preliminary list of schools together, I was thinking about the housing situation at each school. My girlfriend and I are both moving on to grad school at the same time. We are both looking at schools primarily in NYC and the surrounding vicinity. I was then wondering are there any schools that would allow couples to live together? I know NYU offers a few studios for couple occupancy, however I can't seem to find how much a set up like this would cost. It seems that it would be cheaper to live through a school than to try to find an apartment in an OK area on our own. Thanks

I honestly think this would be something to worry about it down the road after you've been accepted to schools so you can make a decision from there

haha nice, at least you go to a decent football school.... how are bama's med schools?

We only have two: University of South Alabama and UAB School of Medicine, which is ranked 26th in the nation.

Are people in your state as crazy about football as we Alabamians are? lol

I honestly think this would be something to worry about it down the road after you've been accepted to schools so you can make a decision from there

Thanks actually found an answer to my own question. Wasn't saying it was a make or break issue just something I was considering in making a list.

We only have two: University of South Alabama and UAB School of Medicine, which is ranked 26th in the nation.

Are people in your state as crazy about football as we Alabamians are? lol
Yeah I go to an acc school and people love football here but obviously not as competitive as the sec. Basketball is pretty big here as well

Thanks actually found an answer to my own question. Wasn't saying it was a make or break issue just something I was considering in making a list.

Gotcha, didnt mean for my post to sound rude

Yeah I go to an acc school and people love football here but obviously not as competitive as the sec. Basketball is pretty big here as well

Sports are always huge at any big school you attend in these conferences. Big Ten basketball, here we go!

There do exists schools that have housing options for at least married couples - not sure if they extend that to non-married couples. Check it out. I would imagine it would be tougher to find that in The City schools, since real estate is so pricey. Indeed, as your stated campus-affiliated housing in The City can be relatively cheap compared to finding a spot on your own

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could be into college basketball but it does nothing for me. Now Bowl Season starts today and I'll watch any game I can. Anyone else interested in doing a "pick em" just for fun? The first game starts at 2 but after today's 3 games there isn't a game until Tuesday

EDIT: Well if anyone else is interested, I made a group over at yahoo http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl/group/34457 password is "sdn2016". If the link is no good the Group ID# is 34457. Cheers

Last edited:
Why is this thread dying out while even the 2014 is still pretty active??

And the schools essays are ridiculus :sleep: I don't how can people leave them to the end :)

someone tell me to stay out of the school specific forums. they mess with my mind!!

just ordered my MCAT books, ****

I have all of the EK's and the TPR verbal workbook. I mailed in a check for the BR books about a week ago, I just hope that I receive everything by the end of January to starting hitting them.

I have have mines on my desk staring at me silently :laugh:

LOL me too! Ever since my classes ended last Friday, I've done a whole lot of nothing! So much for hitting the books right away haha. Anyone else feeling super burned out? :sleep: :scared:

LOL me too! Ever since my classes ended last Friday, I've done a whole lot of nothing! So much for hitting the books right away haha. Anyone else feeling super burned out? :sleep: :scared:

Never felt this burned out ever. My break's consisted of sleeping, eating, lifting, and re-watching Lost :D

Hitting the books since day one :rolleyes:, I think all I read was one page :D

Burnout..... I took the MCAT in september. Thank God this semester ended well. This personal statement is really slapping me around... on to the school specific essays. I just want to rest :(

Hitting the books since day one :rolleyes:, I think all I read was one page :D

HAHA :laugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've managed to watch tv all morning and put on my makeup..... I had the intention of getting dressed, but the pjs are too comfortable. At some point today, I'm going to shovel all of the icky snow that has fallen and go to the store. I keep wondering when I'm going to actually start studying!

Glucagon: that sounds like a fantastic way to spend the break... especially the sleeping part!! :)

Techmed: I bet you are glad to be done with the MCAT! I wish I could say the same for my semester ending well.... I just had my first bad one. Eh, oh well... it's over now! :oops:

So how's the weather in other parts of the country? I'm leaving WI on Sunday (if the weather allows me to) and can't wait to escape this snow!!!

HAHA :laugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've managed to watch tv all morning and put on my makeup..... I had the intention of getting dressed, but the pjs are too comfortable. At some point today, I'm going to shovel all of the icky snow that has fallen and go to the store. I keep wondering when I'm going to actually start studying!

Glucagon: that sounds like a fantastic way to spend the break... especially the sleeping part!! :)

Techmed: I bet you are glad to be done with the MCAT! I wish I could say the same for my semester ending well.... I just had my first bad one. Eh, oh well... it's over now! :oops:

So how's the weather in other parts of the country? I'm leaving WI on Sunday (if the weather allows me to) and can't wait to escape this snow!!!

pretty cold, but i dont really know....been doing a whole lot of nothing indoors:D.......CSU? is that colorado state? or am I completely off?

pretty cold, but i dont really know....been doing a whole lot of nothing indoors:D.......CSU? is that colorado state? or am I completely off?

You are right. When I made my sn, I apparently was thinking, "Let's just not be anonymous at all." lol. I went there for my first year. I am beyond excited to be driving back to Colorado in a couple days. The weather has been decent according to my sister. :cool: Of course when I get there, you know it'll snow!

You are right. When I made my sn, I apparently was thinking, "Let's just not be anonymous at all." lol. I went there for my first year. I am beyond excited to be driving back to Colorado in a couple days. The weather has been decent according to my sister. :cool: Of course when I get there, you know it'll snow!

gotcha, I hate the cold no way I could go handle that kind of weather year-round :scared:

Although people look like they are in the North Pole, it is just a little chilli.

I don't know why but I been rewatching seasons 1-8 of scrubs in just a couple of days, not proud of it :oops: but love it!!!

Although people look like they are in the North Pole, it is just a little chilli.

I don't know why but I been rewatching seasons 1-8 of scrubs in just a couple of days, not proud of it :oops: but love it!!!

Good call with Scrubs.

The weather in Chicago has been great. I love this time of year...it kinda verifies that I need to live in the midwest/east coast cause you get the best of both worlds!

Good call with Scrubs.

The weather in Chicago has been great. I love this time of year...it kinda verifies that I need to live in the midwest/east coast cause you get the best of both worlds!

They are the reason I want to become a doctor :rofl:

They are the reason I want to become a doctor :rofl:

Hahah I really hope residency life is going to be how JD visions it. Sometimes in class I'll tilt my head and have a JD-esq day-dream :laugh:

Good call with Scrubs.

I'm also from Chicago! I love this weather....there's something awesome about blanket of snow everywhere. Though the below freezing weather isn't usually that great. I prefer the winter months anyway...my philosophy is that in the winter, you can keep adding layers until you're warm, but in the summer, there's only so much you can take off :laugh:

I need to make a trip downtown sometime soon....

I'm also from Chicago! I love this weather....there's something awesome about blanket of snow everywhere. Though the below freezing weather isn't usually that great. I prefer the winter months anyway...my philosophy is that in the winter, you can keep adding layers until you're warm, but in the summer, there's only so much you can take off :laugh:

Haha I like your philosophy :D and I haven't been downtown in months...it sucks I don't get to enjoy it everyday. Hopefully med school in the city will help with that!

YouNeverKnow -- my favorite band would have to be Blink 182. But my overall favorite artist...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd6pRP081cs

Oh man, I've never seen Chicago in the winter, but I really love white Christmases and am applying to three schools in the area. I love the big city + midwestern-ness of the city.

Happy Holidays everyone!:)

Hey everyone! Happy Christmas (or whichever holiday you choose to celebrate) :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their break!!!! I'm hoping that I'll get motivated to start studying for the MCAT soon enough!!

Hey everyone! Happy Christmas (or whichever holiday you choose to celebrate) :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their break!!!! I'm hoping that I'll get motivated to start studying for the MCAT soon enough!![/QUOTE]

ahhhhhh same :scared:

Hello everyone! :hello:

someone tell me to stay out of the school specific forums. they mess with my mind!!

I've been reading those threads since last year when the Class of 2014 was applying. Can't stop now:oops:.

It was incredibly rainy for the past week, but luckily for me, I like the rain. The rain has passed now and it is all sunny. :)

Happy holidays everyone. I am prepping to cook a monster amount of food tomorrow. :D

Haha I like your philosophy :D and I haven't been downtown in months...it sucks I don't get to enjoy it everyday. Hopefully med school in the city will help with that!

YouNeverKnow -- my favorite band would have to be Blink 182. But my overall favorite artist...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd6pRP081cs

Oh man I can't wait to go to med school in the city :xf:Lets hope it works out....my dream school for FOREVER has been Northwestern...but look at the reality of the situation that might not happen haha. Regardless, all the schools in the city are amazing. Who knows Glucagon, we might be classmates in near future! :) And I haven't been downtown in forever, owing to the fact that I go to school out of state :(

And Kansaskid, you definitely need to make a trip to Chicago during winter. It is possibly the most amazing place ever (if you can handle the cold, that is)!

Wow, this thread is seeing no action lol!!! Happy New Year everyone!! :)

Also, I'm currently in Colorado Springs where it snowed yesterday (hasn't been snowing here much), and this is a video of people thinking they can make it up an icy hill. Everyone makes fun of me for driving a RWD car, but at least I know where I can and can't drive. These people just kept trying even though all of the other cars couldn't make it. If you've seen the video.. my bad lol. Oh how I've missed living in CO. Here's the link since I have no idea how to put the video thing on here ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5exATIaQiI

Wow, this thread is seeing no action lol!!! Happy New Year everyone!! :)

Also, I'm currently in Colorado Springs where it snowed yesterday (hasn't been snowing here much), and this is a video of people thinking they can make it up an icy hill. Everyone makes fun of me for driving a RWD car, but at least I know where I can and can't drive. These people just kept trying even though all of the other cars couldn't make it. If you've seen the video.. my bad lol. Oh how I've missed living in CO. Here's the link since I have no idea how to put the video thing on here ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5exATIaQiI
RWD in snow is the most fun thing in the world. Starting off at stop lights, uphill, in snow/ice proves skills.

Hi 2016!

Hi Fellow Class of 2016:xf:,
just wanted to say good luck to everyone on our upcoming venture and hope all goes well for everyone(including myself);).

Oh yeah, thanks Cougar, Rhino and all others for all the great info, I've been following SDN for a while and have always seem to get alot of great infomation and advice.

Anyhow, Happy New Year's!!!!!!

:scared: can't believe it's 2011... the application process is starting to feel real. good luck to us!

Yes... Class of 2016 here we come!

MCAT-->check
GPA---->check
School List-->check
Personal Statement--- bane of my existence on the first draft:scared:
Letter of recommendation- One interview set up thus far:scared:
four more to go....

Speaking of LOR's, how much in advance should we ask our professors to write the LOR (2months?)

Speaking of LOR's, how much in advance should we ask our professors to write the LOR (2months?)
Get it as soon as you can and stick it on Interfolio. Every year I see people get jacked by someone not writing a letter in time. They are busy and things come up for them.

I had 5 letters and my 6th letter writer, after a phone call telling me she would upload it that night, just disappeared off the face of the planet. She was an employer and it wasn't that big of a deal, but had it been a letter I really needed...I would have been screwed.

Yes... Class of 2016 here we come!

MCAT-->check
GPA---->check
School List-->check
Personal Statement--- bane of my existence on the first draft:scared:
Letter of recommendation- One interview set up thus far:scared:
four more to go....

You are way ahead of me! I've have the LORs about done and have sorted a huge school list... MCAT... well, that's in a few months and it's freaking me outtttttttttttt.

Did everyone have a great New Year's celebration? Any interesting resolutions? :D