Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And of course, my pup started limping this morning and is no better this afternoon. Might give him the weekend and see how it goes. We have a Rally trial next weekend (with a jump, of course) that I was really excited for

Members don't see this ad.

I have eaten almost a whole bag of Funyuns while washing them down with coke. My tummy is becoming slightly volatile, but I can't stop. :nailbiting:
I had beef jerky and gatorade for lunch... whar has happened to our basic skills to even eat a normal meal:nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had a respectable meal in over a week. :(

I really should be studying right now with all the exams/projects due in the next two weeks, but I really just can't bring myself to do it. I've already violated my no studying on Fridays rule the past two weeks in a row, three weeks is just too much... It really sucks how the first month of our semester was so darn lightly scheduled & slow and I couldn't bring myself to get anything done, and now it's so busy I can't find time to do it all...

Took a short break from studying histology to grab a healthy snack. There was a can of Bud Light in front of the raspberries so I grabbed IT instead. Whatev....it's Friday night.

@TooLove I've been eating garbage as well. I have had a lot of toast, cereal and Subway in the last week.

Stressful week done. Cleaned a little, ran some errands, and going to watch something on Netflix

Well, I was going to go to the anatomy lab two hours ago. But as I'm sure you can tell by the fact that I am now on SDN, that didn't happen... so I guess I'll be going tomorrow when everyone else will be there for their last minute studying... To be fair, by the time I finished dinner it was dark outside, and who wants to go out in the dark and cold on a Saturday night to go in to the anatomy lab, when you'd end up being there until 11 at night? Even if it does mean it's not crowded...

Starting midterms on Monday and I don't know how prepared I feel. Neuro block is a big pain in the butt. On the bright side, I did go to anatomy lab this afternoon and looked at brains for a couple hours. I consider that a success. Oh, and I even signed my dog up for her second obedience class. Go me.

So recently I was thinking about how much less stressed I've been this semester compared to last.

Wait for it....oh there it is.

No school tomorrow. Of course they would cancel it when we don't have a test I haven't studied for, but need the time in anatomy lab to review with TAs... :(

No school tomorrow. Of course they would cancel it when we don't have a test I haven't studied for, but need the time in anatomy lab to review with TAs... :(
I haven't even looked at anything school related since Thursday. I must find the will to read anatomy tomorrow or I will probably fare as badly as I did the first quiz we had.

They promised me 10 inches of snow and therefore no school tomorrow and we got less than an inch. How the f do they screw up the weather so bad? I wanted a 3 day weekend dammit!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same. They said like 6-8 inches and we got <2. Boo
They promised me 10 inches of snow and therefore no school tomorrow and we got less than an inch. How the f do they screw up the weather so bad? I wanted a 3 day weekend dammit!

Huh. Last week I almost posted this same sort of thing as a rave. Were were supposed to get 10cm Wednesday overnight and on Thursday I woke up to a dusting. That was a good day. I am so over winter.

Blah I'm so jealous. I will never ever get a snow day. The city is just too equipped to handle it. :(

Toured a very large beef kill/processing plant Friday. I think I could do that kind of work if I was in that situation. The pay is freaking nice!

Though doing the same little thing on an assembly line for hours might get old.

First exam of neuro block today, covering everything we did the first four weeks of the block... This probably won't be fun.

I swallowed my pride and re-submitted a project for epidemiology in which the fella teaching it told me my search did not net enough results. I wanted to look into acute gastric volvulus and one of his comments included that if I left out "acute" I would get better results because there was no chronic form. He also suggested I include stomach with the search, not just gastric. I wanted to submit a paper telling him exactly what I thought of his suggestions and the horribly off base results it netted me, but instead I just said "Thank you for your feedback. Here is my attempt at meeting your requirements for the assignment." :lame:

I swallowed my pride and re-submitted a project for epidemiology in which the fella teaching it told me my search did not net enough results. I wanted to look into acute gastric volvulus and one of his comments included that if I left out "acute" I would get better results because there was no chronic form. He also suggested I include stomach with the search, not just gastric. I wanted to submit a paper telling him exactly what I thought of his suggestions and the horribly off base results it netted me, but instead I just said "Thank you for your feedback. Here is my attempt at meeting your requirements for the assignment." :lame:
I'm pretty sure that was about the dumbest assignment. When the search "isn't about finding good results" it must be super important to learn for my vet school career. Resubmitted mine yesterday :/

I'm pretty sure that was about the dumbest assignment. When the search "isn't about finding good results" it must be super important to learn for my vet school career. Resubmitted mine yesterday :/
I didn't do it until an hour ago because every time I read his comments it took me hours to stop ranting.

I got full credit on that the first time.

But I'm the queen of boolean - wut wut. And I went way over the top with the terms for it.

But I agree it didn't seem all that useful.

(and I think a bit of it is luck with picking a topic that will have the right number of results, for what that's worth.)
Well he wanted us to do like 3 searches narrowing it down each time, and I was criticized about it not being narrowed down enough on my "first attempt" ... I could have had it narrowed down on my first attempt, but we were required to start broad. Ugg... I really hope this counts as our epi because if we have to do everything he is having the 2nd years do again I might cry.

Oh and when I am in practice searching for articles on a critical patient I am totally taking the time to write out the PICOT thing... I'm sure it will be worth my time

Started a new block today! I can already tell it is going to be 100x better than last block. Even with another class added in for those who are doing the research scholars program this summer. New classes are endocrinology/reproductive physiology, immunology, and epidemilogy.

Just finished the large animal anatomy practical and written midterm. I am sooo exhausted. This leaves me tonight and tomorrow to study Hematology. Arguably the hardest class of first year. Yeah you heard that right. Hematology.

Oh and while this exam went down there was a stabbing on campus, then the hatchet wielding criminal was chased across campus and town. It all ended in a police shooting after he charged an officer with the hatchet in the middle of a Best Buy parking lot. Which is in the biggest shopping district in town. No bigs we will just continue taking this exam.

The rest of the campus is on spring break our spring break is two weeks post regular spring break. So they didnt close the campus cause there were no students. Yeah school just forget about us vets over here.

Anatomy exam on Wednesday over cow rear limb, pelvic cavity/repro, and all of the chicken. I feel great for lab. Haven't looked over lecture material yet. Let's hope coffee and chocolate can get me through the next two days. And maybe just a little bit further so I can study for the stupid physiology exam on Friday. Blah.

Heading back to school from Mardi Gras break...hopefully I can make it since there are apparently icy road closures in/around BR. And then I need to actually study for this neuro exam Friday...

Between the three exams next week (that's a lot for us, we usually have ~1 per week), all the stupid assignments I have due, committee meetings to find time for, wet labs and lunch meetings that I just can't miss, a clothing sale that may or may not be opening in the next few days, mandatory pre-trip prepation volunteering for my spring break spay/neuter clinic, and suddenly having to help design marketing materials for next year's savma symposium in time to get them ordered and delivered in time to distribute at this year's symposium in two weeks... you could say I'm a bit busy. And yet, what did I do after a bit of unwinding after getting home from my evening elective? I spent an hour washing my horde of dirty dishes. :confused:

The first day of the year that there isn't ice on the ground is the one day I decide to eat it real bad in the parking lot. Smashed up my knees, ripped my jeans, and bonked my head. I'm so graceful.

Three exams left over the next two days, so I should be studying super hard right? I'm sitting here crocheting my little heart away...

You know you're tired when you put your scrubs on backwards and don't notice until someone tells you.
Definitely need more sleeeeeppp. Rode the struggle bus today. At least spring break is almost here! Just have to pass my pharm exam tomorrow....

This neuro final tomorrow is not going to be good. Not helped by how much I haven't studied tonight, either.

You know you're tired when you put your scrubs on backwards and don't notice until someone tells you.
Definitely need more sleeeeeppp. Rode the struggle bus today. At least spring break is almost here! Just have to pass my pharm exam tomorrow....
Yeah, for us to make it to spring break we have to get through Immuno lab exam, lecture exam, Anatomy quiz and Phys quiz next week. Blergh.

This neuro final tomorrow is not going to be good. Not helped by how much I haven't studied tonight, either.
You'll do great! I had my neuro exam on Monday and it was definitely easier than I expected. That endo exam today? Completely different story.

Yeah, for us to make it to spring break we have to get through Immuno lab exam, lecture exam, Anatomy quiz and Phys quiz next week. Blergh.
Hang in there! My undergrad's spring break was this week and I was super jealous knowing I still had an Anatomy quiz and Pharm exam to go but I'm almost there and next Friday will be here before you know it!

I'm also feeling more peppy and optimistic after a 2 hour nap after school....much needed.

Reactions: 1 user
We are finally doing repro and I'm finally mostly enjoying school because of it! Yayyyyy! :love:

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think the radiologists realize that their class is only half a credit...I like radiology and I really do want to learn it, but they're asking a lot for such a small class (especially with 4 dense pages of details on how to perform contrast studies that were never presented, we just have to learn them on our own).

I don't think the radiologists realize that their class is only half a credit...I like radiology and I really do want to learn it, but they're asking a lot for such a small class (especially with 4 dense pages of details on how to perform contrast studies that were never presented, we just have to learn them on our own).

Im right there with you. The amount of information I had to learn for hematology final is a measly 18% of my grade.

It's Fake Patty's Day here in Manhappenin. The entire town goes nuts, so naturally I started my day with booze at 9am. I'd be drunk by now if I didn't have family coming to visit in a couple hours. Ah, well, next weekend when we're on spring break...Or maybe later this week, because I give zero fecks about the impossibly hard renal physio test that I'm going to fail anyway on Friday.

I feel like there should be some clever yet cynical thing to say about the fact that I just titled a quizlet set "death & dying"... but I'm at the point in this awful week where I really can't think of one...

I'm working on a case report for a scholarship and it is taking so. damn. long. Not to mention I'm having a hard time getting the records I need.

Stomach bug has been going around the teaching hospital. I think it has crossed the parking lot...

Late to class today because my tires were literally frozen to the ground.