Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Totally doable. You got this! If you could send some motivation my way after your test that'd be fantastic. I think tonight I'm going to marathon ugly betty and play that 2048 game that someone posted here awhile ago.

Thanks, Hedgie. Totally appreciate. We had a Repro quiz today and then an Epi exam tomorrow... and of course next week is our next to last Anatomy exam (large animal head). Feeling so overwhelmed... Then finals are the week after that. I hope you enjoy your marathoning! I've personally been reliving some of my childhood by watching some Digimon on Netflix at night :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, Hedgie. Totally appreciate. We had a Repro quiz today and then an Epi exam tomorrow... and of course next week is our next to last Anatomy exam (large animal head). Feeling so overwhelmed... Then finals are the week after that. I hope you enjoy your marathoning! I've personally been reliving some of my childhood by watching some Digimon on Netflix at night :)

I too am so friggin glad I've had repro before. Not sure I could have gotten through that quiz without it. I did a lot of, well I know this but I don't think we really talked about it like this...

Members don't see this ad :)
I really miss my repro professor from VT. He was awesome and I tremendously thank him for making me work so hard in that class!
Well, I made it through all my notes once tonight- it's now 8pm but I don't think I can look at immuno anymore. So, I'm going to call it a night. Super long day tomorrow, but it will be a good day after the exam is done. Beamer boy and I start agility class in the evening!

Whew, Immuno went fine today. Now just gotta study for Epi tomorrow. Found out that a lecture I skipped yesterday is now going to be on our exam tomorrow (skipped to study for immuno, so I don't regret it). Gotta get my butt in gear to study tonight! Also I start agility with Beamer tonight at 7:30! Excited :D

A week ago, 5 weeks left in the semester seemed like such a short amount of time. Especially since I still haven't squared away all my plans for summer yet. But right now, 4 weeks seems like such a long way a way, and I want it to be done with so terribly badly. I think wasting two afternoons a week on buses for stupid field trips to farms really not helping my opinion of school right now (okay, so the field trips are actually kind of helpful given my lack of experience in anything production related, but just not during such a crazy time of year, thanks). Especially since they keep stealing my lunch breaks last minute because, oh wait, sorry, I guess we didn't think things through when we planned these field trips several months ago, and we aren't going to be able to fit a 1.5+ hour drive both directions and a tour into a four hour time block. I need my lunch breaks to handle all these group projects you keep assigning us, thank you very much, not to mention e-board changeover and committee meetings, and now I've got to try to fit a job interview into one of three open hours I have next week. Not to mention the "we encourage you to bring materials to study on the bus." Hi, guess what, if I even so much as read directions on my phone while in a moving vehicle, I get motion sickness. So I spent 3.5 hours on Monday afternoon playing 20 questions with my fellow motion sick friends, instead of studying for my renal phys exam.

A week ago, 5 weeks left in the semester seemed like such a short amount of time. Especially since I still haven't squared away all my plans for summer yet. But right now, 4 weeks seems like such a long way a way, and I want it to be done with so terribly badly. I think wasting two afternoons a week on buses for stupid field trips to farms really not helping my opinion of school right now (okay, so the field trips are actually kind of helpful given my lack of experience in anything production related, but just not during such a crazy time of year, thanks). Especially since they keep stealing my lunch breaks last minute because, oh wait, sorry, I guess we didn't think things through when we planned these field trips several months ago, and we aren't going to be able to fit a 1.5+ hour drive both directions and a tour into a four hour time block. I need my lunch breaks to handle all these group projects you keep assigning us, thank you very much, not to mention e-board changeover and committee meetings, and now I've got to try to fit a job interview into one of three open hours I have next week. Not to mention the "we encourage you to bring materials to study on the bus." Hi, guess what, if I even so much as read directions on my phone while in a moving vehicle, I get motion sickness. So I spent 3.5 hours on Monday afternoon playing 20 questions with my fellow motion sick friends, instead of studying for my renal phys exam.

Agreed 100%. Also throwing in that they have the gall to change it from a 1pm departure to noon without even 48 hours notice, after having to reschedule something twice already (once due to the stupid beef field trip!) and now having to do it again.

On the DL now but I think I am going to drive down to the dairy farm on Friday (and from there straight to Rochester for Easter weekend) but if you want to avoid riding the bus on the way down you're free to join my car. I'm probably going to post open seats in the FB page tomorrow but thought I'd give you and my roomie first dibs (she's riding in a different vehicle there and back).

So friggin frustrated with epidemiology right now. Despite the fact that we get a cheat sheet I still can barely pass the exams. I literally copy all my notes into that sheet and still f it up. Today's was 20 questions worth 5 points each whether it was a big math problem or t/f. I know I can't win at everything but I feel like a real big idiot today. Changed my answers last minute on 3 of the problems and changed them all to the wrong answer. Had to leave anatomy lab so I could come home and cry. Suck it vet school.

Last edited:
So friggin frustrated with epidemiology right now. Despite the fact that we get a cheat sheet I still can barely pass the exams. I literally copy all my notes into that sheet and still f it up. Today's was 20 questions worth 5 points each whether it was a big math problem or t/f. I know I can't win at everything but I feel like a real big idiot today. Changed my answers last minute on 3 of the problems and changed them all to the wrong answer. Had to leave anatomy lab so I could come home and cry. Suck it vet school.
Hang in there... it will all end up alright. Some days just really stink. If you need to talk or rant, let me know.

Hang in there... it will all end up alright. Some days just really stink. If you need to talk or rant, let me know.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Feeling much better after some good food and (surprisingly) after some time in anatomy lab.

Wooooo done with finals :) in 3.5 hrs I'll be hopping on a plane back to the US for a hot minute then unfortunately it all starts again May 5th :/

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Feeling much better after some good food and (surprisingly) after some time in anatomy lab.
Of course. This next anatomy exam is going to be a rough one. I think all of us are going to be camping out in the lab this weekend. So we've just gotta put those exams behind us and keep moving forward. Today is a new day!
Last night, I went to bed at 8:30... I was too exhausted to do anything after coming home from lab and eating dinner- so I just slept all night.

Members don't see this ad :)
My path exam isn't until Thursday, and I'm studying for it on a Sunday. This may be a new record for me, studying 4 days in advance for an exam. Although it could have something to do with the fact that I won't be getting home until after 6 tomorrow, 9 on Tues, and a whoppingly early 4:30 on Wed... and I have a presentation to do on Thursday morning before said path exam. Not to mention a job interview before said presentation. Thursday's going to be a fun day. Why the hell did I wait until this afternoon to start studying path?

Holy butt hole am I terrified for tomorrow's anatomy exam. I just don't understand how I have studied so much and still know so little. There are SO many things on this exam.

Holy butt hole am I terrified for tomorrow's anatomy exam. I just don't understand how I have studied so much and still know so little. There are SO many things on this exam.

Right there with you. 8 page anatomy list can kiss my arse. I just looked at b fraps stuff tonight and I think that was the most poorly organized lecture he has ever given. Bleh. Just gotta get through tomorrow in one piece and hope and pray that the final is as easy as everyone has said it is.

We are all with you... never been so terrified for an exam in my life. I just don't know what to study anymore.

We did it!!!!! Anatomy exam from hell is over, and it actually went well!!! So happy that is done. Now time to focus on getting through the next week and a half so that IP 5 can begin!!!

Reactions: 3 users
A bit rough, but glad that it is over. Not really sure how it went...

I just won an Amazon gift card for doing the NAVC challenge, whoo! Plus, my dog rocked her herding instinct test today. Hope my day continues going this well.

I just won an Amazon gift card for doing the NAVC challenge, whoo! Plus, my dog rocked her herding instinct test today. Hope my day continues going this well.

I won one last year. Congrats!

Well that was a way to start finals. Wish it would have at least taken me to dinner first...

I am absolutely terrified for today's embryology final. I hate that a course that I will not use 99% of as a vet has the potential to make me fail out of vet school. :mad:

I am absolutely terrified for today's embryology final. I hate that a course that I will not use 99% of as a vet has the potential to make me fail out of vet school. :mad:

She tweaks the grades so not as many people fail. Not that it will make you feel much better, but I'm pretty sure I should not have actually passed and I did. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
She tweaks the grades so not as many people fail. Not that it will make you feel much better, but I'm pretty sure I should not have actually passed and I did. Good luck!

Thank you for posting this TRH.

This has just given me new found hope! Thank you!

I hope she tweaks them a lot, that exam was brutal. I can't imagine that her supplemental exam would be any better either.

Today I found out that I'll be president of PALS- our therapy dog club next year... kind of exciting and scary since I've never been president of anything before. I had an interview for the Purina student rep position today, and we are in the process of trying to start a Therio club I can hopefully get involved in, too. Things are looking up, despite finals being next week for this block... and still one more block to go.

Totally read this as she "twerks"...

FML Miley Cyrus is ruining everything.

Neurobio never clicks with me but tonight it's working. Hopefully I can hang onto the pathways until the test tomorrow.

IP 4 finals week.... Ready set GOOOO!!

Tuesday- developmental anatomy and clinical skills

Thursday- endocrinology and Epidemiology

Friday- Anatomy and Immunology.

In 4 short days we will be VM2s!!!!!

I could spend the rest of my life looking at radiographs. Radiology =:love:

So hard to keep studying while all of my classmates are finished and celebrating the end of the year. My grandma passed away this weekend here in Columbus. I was glad I was able to spend time with her last week and spend time with my family here the past few days. Now I just need to keep pushing through and finish my first year. Taking my last two exams tomorrow and Thursday.

Two exams down, 5 to go. Today was our 'easy' day, too. Blah, finals...

We just had our first final today: Anatomy. We have one final everyday until next Tuesday..... :(

Almost through year one!!

Two exams left and I am exhausted. My give a damn is broken. So I'm watching Up and hoping that I can learn whatever I need to know for tomorrow's Epidemiology exam in the morning.

There are 7?!? How is that possible??
Depends on how you count them. Phys tomorrow, Clinical Skills Written, Clinical Skills Oral, Agents of Disease, Anatomy, Nutrition, and then I kind of think of Radiology as separate from Anatomy even though they're in the same time slot and go to the same grade. You could also count the anatomy lab exam separate, since that's a completely different type of studying. Plus the open book behavior exam, would actually put us at 9.

Depends on how you count them. Phys tomorrow, Clinical Skills Written, Clinical Skills Oral, Agents of Disease, Anatomy, Nutrition, and then I kind of think of Radiology as separate from Anatomy even though they're in the same time slot and go to the same grade. You could also count the anatomy lab exam separate, since that's a completely different type of studying. Plus the open book behavior exam, would actually put us at 9.
That is entirely unacceptable... blarg

Seriously considering flinging myself in front of a car so I don't have to take this exam.

After very very seriously riding the struggle bus in epidemiology this block something final clicked and I pulled my grade up from a D to a B. I could not be happier right now! It almost makes up for the horrible beast that was repro phys this morning...

Reactions: 2 users
We finished our bacteriology lectures today, so I don't have any classes Monday except my elective! :D

Final 4 of 7 down... wow. Already feel brain dead. Anatomy x2 and Immuno left tomorrow. Lets go. @wildcatj seriously awesome news!

Hey Class of 2017. Wanted to drop in and ask out of curiosity what people's plans are for the summer, and how you got the job (if that's what it is)!

Hey Class of 2017. Wanted to drop in and ask out of curiosity what people's plans are for the summer, and how you got the job (if that's what it is)!
I got rejected from all three job-type things I applied for. :( I will be spending a week at VLE (veterinary leadership experience), but other than that it's still up in the air.