Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm dooooooone! Thank god. I'll be back in Florida tomorrow night! Roommates are now freaking out because I turned off the Internet and returned the router... like I said I was going to back in August. You're all done with finals and I'm moving out; why would I keep paying for Internet I'm not using? Ahh, I can't wait to have my own place next year.

Are all of your roommates in your same year? I can't remember if you said so or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Are all of your roommates in your same year? I can't remember if you said so or not.
I live with a first year and third year vet student and a first year pharm student. I definitely burned bridges with them this year, which is usually something I go out of my way to avoid but I have limits.

I live with a first year and third year vet student and a first year pharm student. I definitely burned bridges with them this year, which is usually something I go out of my way to avoid but I have limits.

Yeah, I understand. I think I know someone at your school but they would be a second year, so was just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm dooooooone! Thank god. I'll be back in Florida tomorrow night! Roommates are now freaking out because I turned off the Internet and returned the router... like I said I was going to back in August. You're all done with finals and I'm moving out; why would I keep paying for Internet I'm not using? Ahh, I can't wait to have my own place next year.

To be fair, if they're staying there, you should have just transferred the account to them or something along those lines. I understand you're not on the best of terns with your roommates and sounds like you were the head person on the account, but it probably just would have been easier to transfer. I'm also for trying not to make relationships/tensions worse since you'll probably be dealing with those vet students again in the future.

Yeah, I understand. I think I know someone at your school but they would be a second year, so was just curious.
To be fair, if they're staying there, you should have just transferred the account to them or something along those lines. I understand you're not on the best of terns with your roommates and sounds like you were the head person on the account, but it probably just would have been easier to transfer. I'm also for trying not to make relationships/tensions worse since you'll probably be dealing with those vet students again in the future.
The company wasn't willing to do that, and I had a hard enough time getting the money from them for the bill each month that I didn't want to leave it up to them. Well, I didn't trust them enough to believe they'd do that. But I did set it up so they don't have to pay a setup fee and everything is still in place so they just need to pick up a new router and then someone can just flip a switch and it's on. As much as I complain about them, I tried super hard to remain a nice and considerate roommate but it's really hard to communicate anything with someone who won't respond when you look them in the eye and say "Hi." Plus, I didn't know until recently that they'd be staying -- probably because they don't talk to me!
The best part is how they're mad that I expected them to remember something from the beginning of the year. You're in professional school, you'll be expected to remember a lot more than one detail about your Internet when you graduate.

Ah, okay and that's totally fine. I can completely understand if you couldn't trust them to make payments and if the cable company wouldn't transfer the account.

I caught myself thinking about what I was doing last year this time. Trying to find out which books to buy, looking up housing, feeling super excited; I was desperate to start. Now I'm just happy to not have to think for a few days. Enjoy your time off guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Well... it's midnight, and I'm just starting to write my paper that is due tomorrow. It only needs to be about 3 pages, but still... Spent all day when I wasn't at work or finally getting my kitten in to the vet doing homework/projects, because I've had 15 hour days the past 3 days and barely got all my animals cared for every night, let alone have time for working on a paper. Got a 12 hour day tomorrow that will likely be happening on 3 hours of sleep. And an almost 12 hour day on saturday because I'm too nice and am going in to do the first 1.5 hours of my volunteer shift at the wildlife center on Saturday morning before I head off to class because we have at least 2 other people not coming in this week. So much for it being summer. Just ten more days, and then I get some time to relax... or maybe clean my apartment.

Just need to keep reminding myself that by the end of the summer I'll be (almost) halfway through my master's degree... although sadly still only 1/4 a doctor...

I just brought home this little guy, today... he's so precious! And I told myself I wouldn't get a puppy in vet school... well, so much for that!
He's almost all golden with just a bit of Bernese mountain dog in him. His name is Fenway!

10380110_10202295292371939_4367585258829697602_o_zps06ca2f4e.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I just brought home this little guy, today... he's so precious! And I told myself I wouldn't get a puppy in vet school... well, so much for that!
He's almost all golden with just a bit of Bernese mountain dog in him. His name is Fenway!

I was wondering what breed he was. So friggin cute! I want to meet him! He looks like he's going to be a big boy.

I was wondering what breed he was. So friggin cute! I want to meet him! He looks like he's going to be a big boy.

You and everyone else need to meet him! I'm shooting for the 100+ people in 4 weeks for socialization. He is SUCH a lovebug and an extremely good boy. He's already going in his crate willingly for a nap (he's in there right now) so I can get some BacT studying done.

Wrong thread.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1402167050.981291.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1402167050.981291.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1402167109.981228.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1402167109.981228.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 49
Had to fly home to Australia in a rush because my grandmother is really sick. Now I'm back in the States reviewing calcium homeostasis. Somehow not how I imagined my summer going!

Members don't see this ad :)
So... I've been MIA for about a year (yay, vet school!)... what did I miss? :ninja:

So I just finished my poster and got it printed for the NIH/Merial Summer Research program. Anyone else going to be at Cornell end of the month?
Me!!

I'll be at cornell as well next week :)

I wish we still had a month of summer left.. I'm not ready for school to start back up :(

I'm actually pretty ready to just get started

I would be excited if I wasn't having surgery 11 days before school started lol .. and we only get 8 weeks for summer lol

I'm back in California and I had a pretty intense summer of showing, externing, and working so I feel super boring at the moment and I want school to start back again... Two more days!

I feel like I haven't had much of a summer- Comic-con was great, but other than that, my summer has kind of sucked. So not ready for class to start again, but I am ready to be done with this research job.

I'm ready for my 2 week summer :lame:

I just got back to BR today. I was really not excited about starting again, but now that I'm actually here I'm feeling more positive about it. I'm excited to give my little sib a little bucket full of gifts tomorrow!

It's the Friday of our first week and I have an exam and a quiz today (and I'm really more worried about the quiz). Welcome to second year!

Well I am finally done with my summer research program. Today was my last day- I had a GREAT mentor (besides him being difficult to get in touch with at times) and I am pretty sure I can safely say that research is not my thing. This summer wasn't the greatest (besides going to Comic-con again). Nothing worked in my lab and I never even actually got to my project. But, I worked all summer and I will be gaining residency soon, so I did what I had to.
I'm not ready to start back Monday- I just feel like working at the school everyday this summer I haven't had much of a break from it. Not mentally prepared yet, but I *think* this first block shouldn't be too bad starting back. Just a few last days of freedom...

I am thankful for beer. I heart beer. Beer is great. Oh, and I finally have my car back from the shop so I can stop walking to and from school in 100 degree heat. Life is good for a moment once again. :cat:

Yes, yes. Beer is so very good. After much stress, I passed my equine PE exam and that's exactly how I wanted to celebrate. I'm so glad to finally be 21.

I call bull****, at least for the fourth year one. At no point have I felt like that this year.
Yeah, I kind of feel like 2nd and 4th should be switched. As a second year, I know the drill, still mostly classroom work. 4th year, butts are on the line and constant turmoil as rotations come and go and footing is never solid. Although, perhaps that representation is after NAVLE.

so. not. ready. I want football season to start... but not have to go to school - That would be perfect.

Yeah, I kind of feel like 2nd and 4th should be switched. As a second year, I know the drill, still mostly classroom work. 4th year, butts are on the line and constant turmoil as rotations come and go and footing is never solid. Although, perhaps that representation is after NAVLE.

Ehh I think the way that our curriculum is set up that it reflects UF very well. We start clinics the during summer after second year (Like a 1 week break between ends year ending and clinics starting). So second year is the make it or break it year here. Then in fourth year you take some electives you have chosen to pursue more after getting your hands wet in clinics and then spring you are back to clinics feeling like a real doctor.

Needless to say I am two days into second year and am kind of excited because you know I'm learning doctor things. Im sure this feeling will dissipate at some time but right now I am okay.

I start Monday. Only having two weeks between semesters is really starting to get to me, although I'm also starting to get used to it (I think...). With less than a week until I fly back, I'm finally starting to feel a little mentally refreshed and ready to tackle year 2. Just have to keep telling myself the sooner I start again, the sooner I can finish and come home for Christmas.

I feel like I am learning doctor things. I feel bad watching first years squirm under anatomy.