Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea I didn't do a good job there lol .. this is what I should have copy / pasted (also from the NAVLE site)

"In addition to this application #1, you must also submit a state/territorial NAVLE application #2 and all required supporting documentation to one licensing board (or to their designated NAVLE application processor), by their NAVLE application deadline date.
State NAVLE application deadlines vary. **No state deadline is later than August 1 for the November-December testing window,**
and February 1 for the April testing window, but some states have earlier deadlines. For additional information, refer to the NAVLE Application Procedure Chart on this page of the NBVME website:http://www.nbvme.org/navle-general-information/navle/."

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmmmm maybe they do their testing concurrently. My friend did hers in the spring and got her license like a week later. Nevada is easy

My understanding is that you apply so that they can verify / approve you to take the NAVLE but you dont actually take the state boards until the spring.

My understanding is that you apply so that they can verify / approve you to take the NAVLE but you dont actually take the state boards until the spring.
Oh well I did both app 1 and app 2 and got my conformation email for the NAVLE so I'm good there. My friend didn't even apply for Nevada boards until spring

Yea I didn't do a good job there lol .. this is what I should have copy / pasted (also from the NAVLE site)

"In addition to this application #1, you must also submit a state/territorial NAVLE application #2 and all required supporting documentation to one licensing board (or to their designated NAVLE application processor), by their NAVLE application deadline date.
State NAVLE application deadlines vary. **No state deadline is later than August 1 for the November-December testing window,**
and February 1 for the April testing window, but some states have earlier deadlines. For additional information, refer to the NAVLE Application Procedure Chart on this page of the NBVME website:http://www.nbvme.org/navle-general-information/navle/."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm okay for Florida. I know some interns that hadn't even taken state boards until they started their internship lol.

Not sure about any other state than NC, but ours are offered monthly and we needed to sign up ~2 months in advance. Check with the states you're interested in.

Oh good lordie don't get both. I mean, you can, but it's overkill. Vast vast majority of people are fine just using one. A lot of my classmates were happy to do the practice exams to know they were on the right track... I crammed so much of my studying that it wouldn't have made any difference to me, so I saved that money.
I'm gonna do both lol. I don't know if I'll hit 100% on both. I'll definitely hit it on VetPrep, but we'll see on Zuku. I wanted to wait until after I took the first practice exam to decide on VetPrep but the sale ends soon :(

State boards are completely different from what you are posting here.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh well I did both app 1 and app 2 and got my conformation email for the NAVLE so I'm good there. My friend didn't even apply for Nevada boards until spring

Yea maybe for Nevada they dont require anything? For Missouri I had to fill out a separate document and submit passport pictures / a letter from the dean saying I was in good standing for them to approve me to take the NAVLE this fall.

I'm gonna do both lol. I don't know if I'll hit 100% on both. I'll definitely hit it on VetPrep, but we'll see on Zuku. I wanted to wait until after I took the first practice exam to decide on VetPrep but the sale ends soon :(

Seriously, I agree with Truly, both is overkill and probably a bit redundant since many of the questions are the same or very similar between the two.

Yea maybe for Nevada they dont require anything? For Missouri I had to fill out a separate document and submit passport pictures / a letter from the dean saying I was in good standing for them to approve me to take the NAVLE this fall.
Yeah some states are really strict. WA is. Nevada doesn't give a **** apparently lol. I got my approval email like 10 hours after submitting it. But that's not state boards

Ok, this website explains it all http://www.nbvme.org/navle-general-information/state-navle-app2/

the gist of it is this..

1. some states require a separate NAVLE app in order to get approved to take the NAVLE - All deadlines for App #2 for these states is on or before Aug 1 so people need to check the deadlines for the state they choose (Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming)

2. Other states (Illinois and California) have a separate company or board process App #2 (very similar to the above scenario)

3. All other states just do the App #2 option on the NAVLE page and there isn't additional things to do

So my point is just to make sure you know where the state of your choosing falls in this mess so that you submit additional documents if they are necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, I agree with Truly, both is overkill and probably a bit redundant since many of the questions are the same or very similar between the two.
That's fine, and I've definitely heard that advice before. VetPrep was a gift, so I'm only having to pay for one which lessens the financial strain. My school's board pass rate was 88% last year and after talking to a lot of students at other schools in the last few months, the other schools set students up way better than mine does. Just going to do everything I can to make sure I pass... plus it would be pretty sweet to get that letter saying you tested in the top 10% although I consider that to be pretty unlikely.

Just took a 60 question test mode thingy on zuku. I got 57%

giphy.gif

I can't help it. I'm worried.

Just took a 60 question test mode thingy on zuku. I got 57%

giphy.gif

I can't help it. I'm worried.
I haven't done any of the test question modes yet. You'll be fine. We've got this :)

I recommend that you start worrying about the NAVLE in late October.

A 1/4 of the way done with fourth year! :O Now I get to hang out in Boston for the next couple months :D

First day of my last surgery rotation :( So excited to be here though and potentially meet one of my idols!

The olympics is not good for NAVLE studying... So glad the games are in August and not October lol

Reactions: 1 users
The olympics is not good for NAVLE studying... So glad the games are in August and not October lol
Yeah I've been sitting here rotating between the equestrian and gymnastics livestreams and also the NBC and NBCSN stuff. There's so much to watch...

Yeah I've been sitting here rotating between the equestrian and gymnastics livestreams and also the NBC and NBCSN stuff. There's so much to watch...
Where are you finding the equestrian live stream?

CBC's coverage on their website is fantastic, but you need to pretend to be from Canada. ;)
Yeah I've heard the BBC coverage is good too :D so just pretend to be Canadian or British, and there ya go.

The NBC coverage is great when it's not what they're actually broadcasting on NBC...too many commercial breaks there. AND the "Gold Zone" coverage of fencing cut away right before some really exciting stuff happened :rage:

I'm getting irritated at the dressage stream. Keeps pausing for what seems like no reason. I even turned off ad block!

Possible, though this would be the first.
Not sure then. I haven't been having any issues with gymnastics and equestrian was working fine earlier. But maybe they're having issues with that particular stream on their end.

My class bought zuku subscriptions and I won a vetprep subscription in a raffle. I got less than 15% of the way through each of them individually bc effort (though I did go through question sessions and practice tests with friends who were other tracks since we tracked at Davis), but what really helped me was the practice exams on the website. Like literally I actually got some questions on the NAVLE that were exactly the same as the practice exams. Not enough to pass of course and it isn't like they give you the answers to the practice exams, just a score, but at least I was familiar with the questions and of course if I hadn't been totally sure about them on the practice exam I had made notes on them so had looked them up previously. Just another data point in case anyone is like I am. (For your sake, I hope you aren't like I am)

Anyway I passed quite handily though still felt like I was a clueless idiot during the exam. At least I was already used to feeling like a clueless idiot though! (I was in the middle of SA Internal Med rotation when I took the NAVLE)

Reactions: 1 users
I was getting really frustrated today because CBC has the coverage on tv in a really weird way. Watching equestrian for me is a momentous occasion, so I refuse to watch it on a measly laptop. Apparently they have everything pre-recorded, and unless you are watching live you can just find it on the "on demand" part of your tv.

Now I am getting out of here because I'm definitely not c/o 2017 haha

My class bought zuku subscriptions and I won a vetprep subscription in a raffle. I got less than 15% of the way through each of them individually bc effort (though I did go through question sessions and practice tests with friends who were other tracks since we tracked at Davis), but what really helped me was the practice exams on the website. Like literally I actually got some questions on the NAVLE that were exactly the same as the practice exams. Not enough to pass of course and it isn't like they give you the answers to the practice exams, just a score, but at least I was familiar with the questions and of course if I hadn't been totally sure about them on the practice exam I had made notes on them so had looked them up previously. Just another data point in case anyone is like I am. (For your sake, I hope you aren't like I am)

Anyway I passed quite handily though still felt like I was a clueless idiot during the exam. At least I was already used to feeling like a clueless idiot though! (I was in the middle of SA Internal Med rotation when I took the NAVLE)
Thanks ny. I know I'm way early in beginning to stress. I just feel like I know jack ****. Le Sigh

I was getting really frustrated today because CBC has the coverage on tv in a really weird way. Watching equestrian for me is a momentous occasion, so I refuse to watch it on a measly laptop. Apparently they have everything pre-recorded, and unless you are watching live you can just find it on the "on demand" part of your tv.

:rolleyes: it's just a thread silly :p

I read CBC and instantly thought complete blood count..... :oops:

Reactions: 5 users

tumblr_mqhmm3F7FA1s8scfko1_500.gif

Reactions: 4 users
I got my NAVID yesterday. I hate that you can't sign up until 9/25
We signed up yesterday via google doc since only one person can take it per day within a rotation. I wanted the first day or the first friday but apparently they aren't letting us take it Monday or Tuesday and someone already snagged Friday. I picked Thursday Nov 17th! :scared:

We signed up yesterday via google doc since only one person can take it per day within a rotation. I wanted the first day or the first friday but apparently they aren't letting us take it Monday or Tuesday and someone already snagged Friday. I picked Thursday Nov 17th! :scared:

:eek:

The school does that for us here. They just tell us when to sign up for, unless you're on vacation or externship.

I'm surprised schools have you guys sign up for specific times... our school was all... just sign up for it whenever you want. If you were on rotations, you were excused for that day. There were no rules about when to sign up. Interesting.

I can't even remember what day I took it on... sometime in November...

I'm surprised schools have you guys sign up for specific times... our school was all... just sign up for it whenever you want. If you were on rotations, you were excused for that day. There were no rules about when to sign up. Interesting.

I can't even remember what day I took it on... sometime in November...
I think they just don't want all of us on the rotation to take it on the same day. Some rotations don't allow anyone to take it during that block (small animal emergency comes to mind)

I think they just don't want all of us on the rotation to take it on the same day. Some rotations don't allow anyone to take it during that block (small animal emergency comes to mind)

Still interesting... I knew a few people that took it while on Small Animal Emergency/ICU.... (aka the insane people)

Guess we never really ran into an issue with multiple people being gone from a rotation for NAVLE...