Class of 2017 South Carolina College of Pharmacy (SCCP/MUSC & USC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted into my back-up school ... and they want a $2,000 seat deposit within 14 days. I don’t know if I should call MUSC to get a faster admittance decision. I am worried that if they are still undecided on me they will simply say “no” rather than “yes” or “waitlisted”. Two thousand dollars is a big financial commitment, I would hate to waste it on a secondary school.
Has anyone else had a similar predicament?

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted into my back-up school ... and they want a $2,000 seat deposit within 14 days. I don’t know if I should call MUSC to get a faster admittance decision. I am worried that if they are still undecided on me they will simply say “no” rather than “yes” or “waitlisted”. Two thousand dollars is a big financial commitment, I would hate to waste it on a secondary school.

I interviewed on Nov. 2nd, and was accepted on Jan 11. :banana:
I know they're still doing acceptances (some people got accepted to USC yesterday).
By "out of state", did you do undergrad outside of SC?

Members don't see this ad :)

One of my freinds was in the same situation. I'd call Dr. Hall, and tell him your situation. Give him a date that you need to know by, and he'll be sure to let you know by then!
My friend did it with USC, and they were accepted!

Good luck!:luck:

Yeah I'm in a similar predicament. But, I got an extension from the other school. You could always ask your backup school whether or not they will grant you an extension, if not wait until the very last day possible to pay the 2,000 via debit/credit card.

I was thinking of emailing Dr. Hall, but I'm too chicken since on the website it says "We politely request that you not contact SCCP prior to March 31, 2013 to inquire about your application status." :scared:

Yeah I'm in a similar predicament. But, I got an extension from the other school. You could always ask your backup school whether or not they will grant you an extension, if not wait until the very last day possible to pay the 2,000 via debit/credit card.

I was thinking of emailing Dr. Hall, but I'm too chicken since on the website it says "We politely request that you not contact SCCP prior to March 31, 2013 to inquire about your application status." :scared:

I was in the same predicament! I am "out of state" and I interviewed February 1st with had a Feb 20th deadline for another school. I emailed Dr. Hall a week before to let him know, and he sent me the acceptance letter right on the 20th. My suggestion is to go ahead and shoot him an email! Good luck :)

I was in the same predicament! I am "out of state" and I interviewed February 1st with had a Feb 20th deadline for another school. I emailed Dr. Hall a week before to let him know, and he sent me the acceptance letter right on the 20th. My suggestion is to go ahead and shoot him an email! Good luck :)

Thanks for the advice…. I understand they were deliberating on the final admission candidates last week, I still haven’t heard anything. I am beginning to think I will be on the wait-list for MUSC. Has anyone heard back on their admission decision (good or bad)?

Thanks for the advice…. I understand they were deliberating on the final admission candidates last week, I still haven’t heard anything. I am beginning to think I will be on the wait-list for MUSC. Has anyone heard back on their admission decision (good or bad)?

I had an inverview Feb. 22nd and still have not heard of anything back. I am getting nervous!:scared:

I wouldn't get discourged it took a little over a month for me to hear back from them! So you should know something soon!! Good Luck!!

I thought they said they would have a decision within 2 weeks! It has been exactly a month and still no word from them...

the wait is killing me! has anyone heard anything from them?

Just got an email..... WAIT-LISTED. :( not sure how far down on the list I am, or the probability of getting into MUSC or the USC campus. I prefer MUSC.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for anyone accepted into the USC campus and has anyone received their VIPID for financial aid?

I gave up my seat at the USC campus for my top choice school. Best of luck to everyone!