Class of 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else apply for the Tylenol scholarship this year? Any idea how many people usually make semifinalist? Notifications went out today.
I was notified that I was a semi finalist. Same thing happened last year, but that went nowhere. Hopefully it is different this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone's second year started? I heard from a friend that they are already in their first block. I'm like wat.

Has anyone's second year started? I heard from a friend that they are already in their first block. I'm like wat.

Still 3 weeks away for us.. And I'm not rushing it.

Reactions: 1 user
Second year starts for me soon... And so the final official break ends... Until 4th year :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Second year begins tomorrow. There are talk of new classes, bad professors, and the most scary of all-boards prep. o_O

School begins tomorrow for me as well. Purchased Kaplan Qbank this morning only to realize it takes them TWO WHOLE DAYS to "integrate" you into their system. What a load of bs.

School begins tomorrow for me as well. Purchased Kaplan Qbank this morning only to realize it takes them TWO WHOLE DAYS to "integrate" you into their system. What a load of bs.

I was contemplating which qbank to get, but then my school emailed us and said they are providing us with Combank. I'll buy usmle world or something in the spring.

I was contemplating which qbank to get, but then my school emailed us and said they are providing us with Combank. I'll buy usmle world or something in the spring.

Nice. My school doesn't provide anything!

Nice. My school doesn't provide anything!

My school hasn't before. It's new and I'm not complaining. Combank is one of the best for the COMLEX. Strange to think that this time next year, we will be starting rotations and taking care of patients.

Second year begins tomorrow. There are talk of new classes, bad professors, and the most scary of all-boards prep. o_O

My condolences.

Is it bad that I actually want second year to start? Rural rotations suck :(
I liked my rural rotation because I got to do so much during it. Sure the location wasn't ideal, but the experience was a lot of fun.

Damn! Good thing you are starting now.

We just had our first exam of MS2 on Monday :( We started beginning of July, but last year we started MS1 at the end of August so I guess it's a tradeoff. We also get a weird 1 week break in the middle of September.

Starting firecracker in MS2 after not doing it in MS1. Overwhelming.

I have no idea what I'm doing with my life anymore. I could go into family med or interventional radiology for all I know.

That moment when you ask what medication the patient is taking and their response is "The oblong one with the little numbers on it"

Definitely scary feeling at first. As time goes on, it's not as overwhelming.
I just started it as well. I tagged all that we have learned so far and ended up with over 6000 questions that it wanted me to do in a single day (maybe I'm using the program wrong?). I'm hoping that I can chip at it a little every day, but it is definitely overwhelming.

I just started it as well. I tagged all that we have learned so far and ended up with over 6000 questions that it wanted me to do in a single day (maybe I'm using the program wrong?). I'm hoping that I can chip at it a little every day, but it is definitely overwhelming.
I would suggest only tagging a few topics a day to catch up on first year material.

You can also take it off legendary mode.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello SDN. It's been almost 2 months since I last posted I think. Just getting back home from officers training and second year starts in a week.
Ready to hit the ground running. And by "hit the ground running" I really mean trip and fall flat on my face. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Hello SDN. It's been almost 2 months since I last posted I think. Just getting back home from officers training and second year starts in a week.
Ready to hit the ground running. And by "hit the ground running" I really mean trip and fall flat on my face. ;)
Welcome back! You look pretty sharp in that uniform! ;)

I'm about to do surprise horse back riding. Hopefully I can do this hungover.