Class of 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well! Sorry I've been so MIA. But being in c/o 2018 after FMLA kinda made me feel awkward hangin' in the thread with all my now upperclass homies lol.

Hey, which of you ended up accepting UCSF again? I have a couple quick questions :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well! Sorry I've been so MIA. But being in c/o 2018 after FMLA kinda made me feel awkward hangin' in the thread with all my now upperclass homies lol.

Hey, which of you ended up accepting UCSF again? I have a couple quick questions :)

Don't feel weird. You are still a part of this thread and are always welcome. We have missed you.

Reactions: 4 users
BRB, getting repeatedly kicked in the face by CV for 3 days

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I am kinda guilty. We have our CV final on Monday so Halloween parties are difficult to manage at this time.
Same here, renal final on Monday. Halloween sucks anyway! (At least that is what I keep telling myself)

Checking in with the studying and not partying.
Immuno, Micro, Heme/Onc, Derm, Limb Anatomy Next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Path lecture from this week: "we don't have time to cover liver cancers, so please read the appropriate sections in (big) Robbins"

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

Or that time when a guest lecture comes to class and says, "Good morning, today I am going to talk about X, I hope that you all read the three chapters on X before coming to class so that way you will be able to follow along today."

Or that time when a guest lecture comes to class and says, "Good morning, today I am going to talk about X, I hope that you all read the three chapters on X before coming to class so that way you will be able to follow along today."
And usually it is followed by laughter until the class realizes it is not a joke, then silence....

Reactions: 2 users
Why is winter break so far away???? That one day break was just a tease. I need the real deal.

I'm not sure if nostalgia is the emotion I should be feeling when I listen to this song, but oh well. My mid 20's were...interesting.

PS Taylor this is a great look for you
taylor-swift-4-e1415693924447.jpg

Peek a boo, what's up MS2's... I've been so MIA.
Happy thanksgiving :D

Gosh. I looked at step 1 score averages for internal medicine and wasn't worried. Then I looked up averages for UW's internal medicine residency program.... It's listed as >240 on Freida.

Now I am worried. Good thing I have six months to study.

Gosh. I looked at step 1 score averages for internal medicine and wasn't worried. Then I looked up averages for UW's internal medicine residency program.... It's listed as >240 on Freida.

Now I am worried. Good thing I have six months to study.
That doesn't surprise me. I have heard fantastic things about that program at UW.

That doesn't surprise me. I have heard fantastic things about that program at UW.
Yeah, I found out it was a top program a few months ago. Being an alumni of the medical school should help, but obviously I need to still score super high on step 1. Good thing I found out now and not in a year and a half when we are applying for residency (which is way sooner than I realized until I typed that sentence).

It's a little scary that the UW EM program seems to only have one UW student per year.

Oh god, I just scheduled step 1. Just under 7 months and counting...

I just want to say thank god I am not in pharmacy school. Just learning the drugs, their receptors, side effects, and mechanism of action is enough for me. If I also had to learn trade names, how drugs specifically interacted, their chemical structure, had to know how to dose off the top of my head or things like that, I would not want to be in medical school. I am thankful that pharmacists exist.

Reactions: 4 users
I just want to say thank god I am not in pharmacy school. Just learning the drugs, their receptors, side effects, and mechanism of action is enough for me. If I also had to learn trade names, how drugs specifically interacted, their chemical structure, had to know how to dose off the top of my head or things like that, I would not want to be in medical school. I am thankful that pharmacists exist.
Drugs are cool.

With the way drugs are taught in medical school, I am not surprised that so many people have an aversion to it. If I had started my education about drugs in medical school, then I probably would have ended up hating it, too. That wasn't the case, though, and I got to see pharmacology being taught with a lot of care in undergrad.

With the way drugs are taught in medical school, I am not surprised that so many people have an aversion to it. If I had started my education about drugs in medical school, then I probably would have ended up hating it, too. That wasn't the case, though, and I got to see pharmacology being taught with a lot of care in undergrad.
We had a great teacher that we could tell cared a lot. I learned a ton from him. He custom made .gif animations for every drug he taught us to show the mechanism and effects.

But then we had the autonomic drugs that were not really taught well and had like three different people teaching it. And we didn't learn the drugs all at once, but had to piece together our study materials from like twelve different slides to know about one drug.

I have been told we are not taught pharm to the boards and that we essentially have to teach ourselves. :/

We had a great teacher that we could tell cared a lot. I learned a ton from him. He custom made .gif animations for every drug he taught us to show the mechanism and effects.

But then we had the autonomic drugs that were not really taught well and had like three different people teaching it. And we didn't learn the drugs all at once, but had to piece together our study materials from like twelve different slides to know about one drug.

I have been told we are not taught pharm to the boards and that we essentially have to teach ourselves. :/

Same here. Our instructor loves to talk about structures...fml