Class of 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It sounds I impressive until you hear that I am on spring break.
My spring break starts next week. There will be no board studying. You still win.
;)

Members don't see this ad.

Also, guess who has two thumbs and was awarded one of 20 HHMI Summer Med Research Fellowships? Yup, this guy! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am class of 2017, currently a sophomore at UCLA. I have a 3.51 GPA so far and almost done with the science prereqs. Any advice/tips/consolation moving forward? Thanks!

I am class of 2017, currently a sophomore at UCLA. I have a 3.51 GPA so far and almost done with the science prereqs. Any advice/tips/consolation moving forward? Thanks!
Most important advice you'll receive as a new member of SDN: Search for the appropriate forum and thread to ask your question. Use the search function and stick to premed forums.

This is a social thread for the c/o 2017 that we started as premeds. We're now all med students. I'd link you something; but I'm on my phone. GL

Yuengling is my favorite beer (I'm from PA). The beauty of Philadelphia is that you can just ask for a "lager" and you get a Yuengling. Magical.
Yeah, I'm not from the East coast, so I had never tried it until I moved for school. It sure does beat the hell out of the Budweiser/Millers of the world.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought a 24 pk here in NC for $16.99 the other day. Pretty awesome!
That's why Yuengling is the beer of beers. I follow them on Facebook and Instagram. I advocate for Yuengling wherever I go. If a place doesn't serve Yuengling, I give the bartender a dirty look and leave.

I agree, however we have it for boards and parasites will be added soon!!!
I'm already in dedicated, I don't feel like I have the time to sit down and try and learn a whole new set of vids/pictures/associations. Alas. :cryi:

I'm already in dedicated, I don't feel like I have the time to sit down and try and learn a whole new set of vids/pictures/associations. Alas. :cryi:
Dang.

And they just hinted they are currently making sketchy pharm too.

Dang.

And they just hinted they are currently making sketchy pharm too.
I guess the upside is that we'll be done before sketchy micro products raise the avg step 1 score to 245.

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously man, if you haven't tried Sketchymicro, you're leaving points on the table, hands down. Watch them while you're eating lunch, while you're on the can, or give it a weekend. Highest yield thing you can do.

If I was taking step on Monday, hadn't used Sketchymicro yet, and knew what I do, that's all I would do this weekend. It's that good.

Seriously man, if you haven't tried Sketchymicro, you're leaving points on the table, hands down. Watch them while you're eating lunch, while you're on the can, or give it a weekend. Highest yield thing you can do.

If I was taking step on Monday, hadn't used Sketchymicro yet, and knew what I do, that's all I would do this weekend. It's that good.
Heh, I used it last year for bacteria. At this point I know viruses/fungi well enough that it doesn't make sense to spend the time trying to learn new videos during step time.

Heh, I used it last year for bacteria. At this point I know viruses/fungi well enough that it doesn't make sense to spend the time trying to learn new videos during step time.
Haha, ok. As long as you've tasted the sweet, sweet nectar of super high yield, super low effort, and super fun learning, I won't try to tell you how to spend your time. :D

Haha, ok. As long as you've tasted the sweet, sweet nectar of super high yield, super low effort, and super fun learning, I won't try to tell you how to spend your time. :D
Hahaha yeah, Sketchymicro has definitely been my favorite resource in med school so far. I just don't feel my micro scores in UWorld justify the time I would spend for their virus/fungi material, embryology on the other hand...... :oops: :scared:

QFT. It also seems viruses, fungi and parasites aren't super high yield based on my UWorld experience.

Sketchymicro is becoming sketchymedical already (with pharm). Pharm has always been my worst area so maybe this will help me remember those autonomic drugs?

Sketchymicro is becoming sketchymedical already (with pharm). Pharm has always been my worst area so maybe this will help me remember those autonomic drugs?
Not soon enough for me.. would memorize the hell out of SketchyPharm though!

Finished my first pass of UWorld today. 12 more days.

That's why Yuengling is the beer of beers. I follow them on Facebook and Instagram. I advocate for Yuengling wherever I go. If a place doesn't serve Yuengling, I give the bartender a dirty look and leave.
You are like a rep for Yuengling. I think you may have found your calling ;)

FINALS WEEK FOR 6 WEEKS

giphy.gif

Given 5 using 5, but I can't handle studying more than about 7-8 hrs a day. Most people are using 3-4 weeks

Thanks my peeps. I'm already so jealous of those in rotations. :(

Yeah, I feel like I'd peak at 4 and HIGHLY regret doing anything over 4.5...I'm a horrible procrastinator that works well under pressure. Oddly enough, my best performance was when I was simultaneously writing a grant and studying the transition material bridging us from M1 to M2 organ systems (basic path, immune, & micro).

Used 4-5 weeks with a variable amount of time each day. Took about 3~4 days "off". Honestly, I don't remember that far ago or those dark times that well anymore.

Agreed. I started out scoring in the 40s when I started UWorld back in January. 65 is pretty solid for a beginning score.
Yeah. I'm pretty happy that I am starting at about 55% and know where my weak points are (biochem and pharm).

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah. I'm pretty happy that I am starting at about 55% and know where my weak points are (biochem and pharm).
Yeah, 55% is pretty solid as a starting point as well IMO. You will improve quite a bit as you go through the question bank. I'm a little over half-way done now, and if you look at my last 200 questions average vs. the first 200 it's ridiculous how much I have improved.

I guess I just don't have a comparison since I haven't talked to anyone for awhile... 65 is just a jarring number to see. I'm sure I'll improve more over time.
Yeah, it can be jarring at first because none of us are used to seeing numbers that low. Just keep in mind that UWorld is supposed to be harder than the real deal. The average score on UWorld seems to be somewhere around 58-60%.