Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We're not moving as far (about 4 hours) but first we need someone to buy our house! I hope whoever wants it hurries up and figures that out so we have time to find a place and get settled....

Members don't see this ad.

Gah, yeah moving sucks. I'm stressing out hardcore right now, trying to figure out how to sort out things to last minute move from Dublin to Florida. On the plus side, I just arranged to get my rabies vaccines done at a travel clinic, first one will be tomorrow! Not that I'm excited about it, but one more thing I've scratched off my list of things to do :)

Gah, yeah moving sucks. I'm stressing out hardcore right now, trying to figure out how to sort out things to last minute move from Dublin to Florida. On the plus side, I just arranged to get my rabies vaccines done at a travel clinic, first one will be tomorrow! Not that I'm excited about it, but one more thing I've scratched off my list of things to do :)

:woot:

International movers!

When are you flying out?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
:woot:

International movers!

When are you flying out?

No idea, lol. I basically just decided to do so this week, I'm trying to push it as last minute as possible so I can spend more time with my bf, but probably around Aug 15th? Aiming to get packed up and moved out of my Dublin flat in about two weeks time to head over to London for my last month, so it's a bit of a mad scramble. When do you head back?

No idea, lol. I basically just decided to do so this week, I'm trying to push it as last minute as possible so I can spend more time with my bf, but probably around Aug 15th? Aiming to get packed up and moved out of my Dublin flat in about two weeks time to head over to London for my last month, so it's a bit of a mad scramble. When do you head back?

July 15th. Yeah, it has been a mad scramble for me as well. Found out end of June that I am going back. So quickly cancelling things and packing and leaving. So far, the packing/cleaning has been easy. The calls to all the companies cancelling bills and things has been a pain. Oh well, it will all get figured out sooner or later.

Did you decide on UF, then? Congrats on making that decision, and I hope you really like UF!

July 15th. Yeah, it has been a mad scramble for me as well. Found out end of June that I am going back. So quickly cancelling things and packing and leaving. So far, the packing/cleaning has been easy. The calls to all the companies cancelling bills and things has been a pain. Oh well, it will all get figured out sooner or later.

Yikes, that's a really tight timeframe! And I'm betting you probably accumulated a lot more stuff than I did, I was lucky that I at least cut down on things when I moved to Dublin earlier in the year. But it's exciting you're heading back, best of luck with getting things sorted!!

Did you decide on UF, then? Congrats on making that decision, and I hope you really like UF!

Thanks! It was agonising to decide and I still have a few doubts and might change my mind at the last minute.. but it seemed the best choice careerwise for me. It's been an emotional rollercoaster though haha, I'm completely dejected over leaving Europe, but I'm also insanely excited about UF. I cannot wait to start! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Yikes, that's a really tight timeframe! And I'm betting you probably accumulated a lot more stuff than I did, I was lucky that I at least cut down on things when I moved to Dublin earlier in the year. But it's exciting you're heading back, best of luck with getting things sorted!!

Thanks! And best of luck to you too!! :luck: :turtle:

Did I miss something in your life? Are you going back for good or just until the next school year? :confused:

I may have finally found a room for next year. :xf: that this one works out. My cats will love living in a house instead of a tiny apartment. And they'll have kitty friends (they're super social with other cats). And it's near a horse barn! :D I'm really hoping that I'll get the chance to ride again next year.

BUMP! How is everyone?? Orientation for me is in a month.. eek! But I'm getting excited again because we got our big sib matches and i'm glad mine is a familiar face :hardy:

I also just got matched with my big sib :) My orientation is also in a month and I'm getting excited. Looking forward to being done with my summer job in two weeks and moving a bit after that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not gonna lie, I'm freaking out. Making the big move out of the country here in about three weeks! So nervous.

I'm starting to freak out a bit too. I love where I live right now and really, really don't want to move. Vet school will be worth it, it's just my least favorite part of starting school.

So freaking excited but trying to enjoy my summer as much as possible! 4 more weeks of freedom.

Our house hasn't sold yet, and the place we thought we were buying fell through, so we're scrambling! I'm working full-time until August 22, so we're going to be cutting it tight (orientation starts on the 28th). We might have a lead on another place, but it says handyman needed so we're not sure what kind of shape it's in. We're currently debating whether to have my husband go and see it on Wed, or wait until the weekend when we could both go. I want to see it too, but we don't want someone else to snap it up if we wait.... I'm sure we'll eventually find a place, but for now I'm stressing!

Starting a 5 week work contract tomorrow, meaning I will be finished work 3 days before orientation. Then I have two days to get moved down to Calgary and then come back home for a tooth reconstruction and 2 fillings the day before orientation starts. Hopefully I don't look like a chipmunk for my first day and the white coat ceremony. With my luck I probably will though and everyones first impression of me will be, "wow that girl has a big face..."

Besides that though, I'm getting pretty excited! I made two trips to Ikea last week to buy things for my new place. I get more excited about Ikea trips than I do for Christmas!

I'm kinda freaking out. Moving to a different state in 5 days. Orientation starts in 2 weeks. And classes start in 3 weeks. Scary how fast it's happening.

@Cracker.Jack. it sounds like you're finishing work 2 days after me. The tight timeline plus the travelling and the dentist sound like such fun :p The Ikea part is actually fun though! We need to replace some furniture, too. Not sure what we're getting yet, but shopping is always fun. I promise not to judge if you do wind up looking like a chipmunk!

Ugh the packing!!! Moving out of state in two weeks as well! I'm looking forward to this new adventure!

Just finished up work on Friday. Basically traveling all the way up to orientation... Glad I already live right near school. Super excited and nervous :)

Today was my last day of work! I'll be leaving on Saturday for Missouri :)

Reactions: 2 users
Today was my last day of work! I'll be leaving on Saturday for Missouri :)
Yay!! Let me know when you get here and maybe we can get a group to go out and eat. I still haven't met anyone yet!

Good luck to everyone who's starting soon!

And here I am going "oh no, I have to move in 2 months, to a couple hours away". :rolleyes: Moving is not my strong point, I get emotional about leaving.

I'm getting more and more excited, but I'm not quite ready for summer break to end. Five weeks until school starts. Three weeks until DISNEY WORLD. But today I'm leaving my home state, where I've been visiting family for the past couple of weeks. Very sad to go, especially because my grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma. I'm scared to leave because it may be the last time I see him alive. I haven't cried when leaving his house since I was a small girl. It doesn't help that he wrote me a check for a lot of money and told me how proud he was of my accomplishments. ::bawl:: Blegh. Feels.

Good luck and safe travels to all that are making the move soon, big or small. We're about to start a wild ride! :)

I'm getting more and more excited, but I'm not quite ready for summer break to end. Five weeks until school starts. Three weeks until DISNEY WORLD. But today I'm leaving my home state, where I've been visiting family for the past couple of weeks. Very sad to go, especially because my grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma. I'm scared to leave because it may be the last time I see him alive. I haven't cried when leaving his house since I was a small girl. It doesn't help that he wrote me a check for a lot of money and told me how proud he was of my accomplishments. ::bawl:: Blegh. Feels.

Good luck and safe travels to all that are making the move soon, big or small. We're about to start a wild ride! :)
I'm so sorry about your grandfather's diagnosis.

This is going to be an intense but hopefully fun four years for us all.

I have NO idea where to start packing...

Reactions: 1 users
The place we thought we were going to look at this weekend was rented out, so no go. On the bright side our house is being shown tomorrow, and the realtor said they sounded really serious and excited about it. Everyone cross your fingers please!!

The place we thought we were going to look at this weekend was rented out, so no go. On the bright side our house is being shown tomorrow, and the realtor said they sounded really serious and excited about it. Everyone cross your fingers please!!

:xf: :)

I'm currently driving across the country and it's still a little unreal haha.

I'm currently driving across the country and it's still a little unreal haha.
I just finished up a drive from San Diego to Philly so I definitely know how you're feeling right now haha.

I'm getting ready for a cross-country drive as well. Did you guys bring pets?

Only have to drive 2 1/2 hours, which is nice, but I'm freaking out about buying furniture for some reason. I just haven't had to in a long, long time (haven't lived somewhere unfurnished for a long time) and I don't have my own bed even.

Only have to drive 2 1/2 hours, which is nice, but I'm freaking out about buying furniture for some reason. I just haven't had to in a long, long time (haven't lived somewhere unfurnished for a long time) and I don't have my own bed even.
I was worried about buying furniture as well. Were you able to bring anything with you at all, or find any cheap furniture stores where you are going?

Luckily I was able to obtain a bit of furniture here and a few pieces here from family and friends. The bad news is it is all quite mismatched, but at least it's something.

I'm getting ready for a cross-country drive as well. Did you guys bring pets?
I had to bring my two cats from OH to NY, not a terribly long drive which is good, but also bad because they didn't shut up the whole time. Fun times!

I had to bring my two cats from OH to NY, not a terribly long drive which is good, but also bad because they didn't shut up the whole time. Fun times!
Oh no, that doesn't sound fun at all. How did you tune it out?

I personally brought my rotten kitten and my dog with me. Both did extremely well, my kitten was even content to just sleep the whole time and didn't make a peep, which I was very impressed with.

Oh no, that doesn't sound fun at all. How did you tune it out?

I personally brought my rotten kitten and my dog with me. Both did extremely well, my kitten was even content to just sleep the whole time and didn't make a peep, which I was very impressed with.
Drowned out some of it with my music. And actually it was just my female who was obnoxious, my male was pretty quiet! But they are ok now that they are all settled, other than the female wanting nothing to do with me... Patience, she's an odd cat as it is. Male got over it in about a day!!

I'm driving 9 hours with my bird in less than 2 weeks. He has been great in the car ride to the vet (twice now) so I'm hoping it he will be fine. And I'm also hoping he doesn't make my ears bleed!

I'm moving to TN on Friday, I've lived in TX my whole life so I'm looking forward to the change but still can't seen to wrap my head around it!

I totally get where you're coming from on this! I don't think I've ever purchased furniture since every single place I've lived in the last 6 years came furnished. Luckily my new housemates are being fantastic and offering to pick stuff up for me since I won't be going down to school until the day before orientation, so I've found a bed and mattress, I just want a dresser then I think I'll deal with finding the rest when I get there.

I'm being a loser and loving it. lol Our timetable went up on Desire2Learn a few days ago, and it seems like it changes almost week to week. So I bought an academic year planner with 15 minute increments and filled it all in week by week, colour coded by which campus we're on that day. Not only am I kind of an office supplies nerd, but having this *very much under control* takes away some of the stress of not having a home yet. (I have a friend I can stay with, but our house still hasn't sold and we haven't found a place of our own yet)

Crazy to believe that I'll be in Florida for vacation two weeks from today (actually, finishing up the vacation!).

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?!?! :scared:

I was worried about buying furniture as well. Were you able to bring anything with you at all, or find any cheap furniture stores where you are going?

Luckily I was able to obtain a bit of furniture here and a few pieces here from family and friends. The bad news is it is all quite mismatched, but at least it's something.

I'm picking up bed and mattress from Sears and hopefully timing the delivery date with when I get down there. Then... craigslist, craigslist, craigslist. The cost of a bed + getting it delivered is already pretty rough.