Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm picking up bed and mattress from Sears and hopefully timing the delivery date with when I get down there. Then... craigslist, craigslist, craigslist. The cost of a bed + getting it delivered is already pretty rough.
When I moved I didn't have any furniture at all. I went and bought a bed the day I moved in. My roommate had a truck so I could just pick it up instead of waiting a week or two for delivery since everyone was moving in then. Everything else I got from craigslist. I think I spent 250 on really nice couches and then my roommate bought table and chairs for 150.
That worked out great. Obviously be weary of buying stuffed furniture on craigslist because of bed bugs, but I lucked out and we did great!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh gosh, I just realized I'm going to need to shop for winter clothes. I haven't had a real winter for the past four years and I've grown out of my old heavy jacket. And boots! I need snow boots. No more year-round flip flops for me. :(

So I went to the university bookstore the other day for a look around and ended up in the clothing section (naturally). The university has a bunch of hoodies with program names on them and they had one with "vet med" on it. I got really excited and bought it, but now I'm scared to wear it because I don't want to look pretentious :(
So as of yet, I just lovingly stroke it when I see it in my closet every morning. It really is a good mood booster for the morning!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, I'll have to check them out!!! I have a "Biology" hoodie and t-shirt from MacEwan, so I'm sure the "Vet Med" hoodie will be added to my collection eventually....

So I went to the university bookstore the other day for a look around and ended up in the clothing section (naturally). The university has a bunch of hoodies with program names on them and they had one with "vet med" on it. I got really excited and bought it, but now I'm scared to wear it because I don't want to look pretentious :(
So as of yet, I just lovingly stroke it when I see it in my closet every morning. It really is a good mood booster for the morning!

Lucky, we only have fleece zip ups. I want a hoody! Wear it proud for those of us less fortunate ;)

Crazy to believe that I'll be in Florida for vacation two weeks from today (actually, finishing up the vacation!).

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?!?! :scared:

It ran away :eek:!! I feel sad it's already August since I wanted to do all this super fun stuff and didn't cross much off the list.. oh well. Guess there's always next summer? heh

I spent $330 on clothes when the UCVM clothing order went out. Then there's the club apparel. Don't worry, the bookstore is just the beginning....

(But it's expensive which puts a damper on things.)

Prepping for that drive from CA to KS pretty psyched.

I can't believe today is my last day at my job and two weeks later I move. The summer definitely ran away.

karabiner, Where are you moving to in Columbus?? Its crazy how quick classes are coming up! We need an SDN get together!

I would love to join in on that!
Can I join you?? It will have to be right before school starts, though, because I'm not coming in until 8/24 :)

I can scare you all about anatomy :p (JK, it's not that bad)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is great! We need to plan it! NStarz, whats a good place we could all meet up at?? :)
Is everyone on facebook?

Ordered all my text books off Amazon yesterday! I got a pretty good deal on some of them. I've had bad luck with them before where they took months to get a book shipped out, but most have been shipped already so I'm breathing a little easier.

This is great! We need to plan it! NStarz, whats a good place we could all meet up at?? :)
Is everyone on facebook?
Hmm, depends on what ya'll are in the mood for. I know some good restaurants in the area, but I'm not really a bar person so can't help you there.

Just two weeks until AVC 2018 arrives. :eek: Where did the summer go?* Which also means I'm about to undergo my usual fall ritual of spending two months looking at the new first years wondering, "Who are you people?!" Hope the moves and transitions go well for you guys! Message me if I can be of any help. :)

*(Oh right, into clinics...)

Just two weeks until AVC 2018 arrives. :eek: Where did the summer go?* Which also means I'm about to undergo my usual fall ritual of spending two months looking at the new first years wondering, "Who are you people?!" Hope the moves and transitions go well for you guys! Message me if I can be of any help. :)

*(Oh right, into clinics...)

Haha. I still say that about some of V17 here. At least I recognize a bunch because I was involved in orientation last year. I'm not this year and will be away while it's happening so I won't even meet any of them until the first week of classes.

Ahhh, sitting in the airport waiting to fly back to the US! I'm so sad to be leaving but on the plus side, it's finally hitting me that school is actually starting.. Going to be a whirlwind week, flying down to Florida tomorrow after a night at home, I'm getting really excited! :)

Got into Grenada yesterday! This place is ridiculous haha

Does anyone know of any good websites to download textbooks for free... ? :D

Starting to get a little nervous and excited... Orientation starts today! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Spent my first night in my new place last night. So far so good. Hard to believe classes start a week from tomorrow. Eek!

My classes start thursday... ahhh cant believe it! We finally finished up our boring administrative orientation days, and now we have some fun looking freshman leadership thing for the next two days. Zip lines and stuff, I can't wait! :)

Good luck, all! :D Enjoy meeting your classmates and exploring your new towns and everything!

It's weird for me to know that I won't be starting with you guys :p.

One more week of work. I can't wait to be done and get moved!

So far Grenada is AMAZING. We start PAWS tomorrow then classes on wednesday! AH! :D

I'm so excited for all of you guys starting classes :) Keep up the enthusiasm and remember why you wanted this so badly!

Reactions: 2 users
Aaaahhhhh classes start tomorrow for me! Excited and nervous!

Reactions: 4 users
My classes start next Monday. It's exciting yet terrifying because we have rotations the first 8 weeks and I know nothing to answer questions. I can't wait until my wildlife med/surgery rotation though!

Eeeeek! 3-day orientation starts tomorrow at 7:30am! Butterflies be all up in my tummy.

Just got out of my first anatomy lab and all I can say is... Oh my god. Test in a week AHHHHHH. School has started for real

Just got out of my first anatomy lab and all I can say is... Oh my god. Test in a week AHHHHHH. School has started for real
You have a test after one week in anatomy? EEK!

Although I can barely keep my eyes open due to pure exhaustion, I have to say that orientation was absolutely amazing! :)

Good luck to everyone that started class/orientation this week as well. :luck:

You have a test after one week in anatomy? EEK!

It isn't like a test test like an exam, but we will be tested on material he wants us to know by next week (which is already a ridiculous amount) so that he makes sure we are studying all throughout the term.

It isn't like a test test like an exam, but we will be tested on material he wants us to know by next week (which is already a ridiculous amount) so that he makes sure we are studying all throughout the term.
Still dumb. Lol

Our orientation is next week. I can't WAIT!!! Two more days of work, and then it'll be time to get moved.

Our orientation is next week. I can't WAIT!!! Two more days of work, and then it'll be time to get moved.
I'm seriously just ready to get this show on the road already. I'm tired of waiting.

Work is finally done, and I'm moving into my friend's spare room on Tuesday. Just was out with my mom, and bought shoes and a dress for the white coat ceremony. It looks like I'm getting a new vehicle, too. Things appear to be coming together, now I just need a new computer and for the house to sell, and I'll be set. Life is good! :)

First week of vet school down! Only... 16 more for this term, then 3.5 more years :p