Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I beat you all....lol. I graduated with MY first undergrad in 1995.

Members don't see this ad.

Found a place that does the rabies vaccines! It took calling all over but they will be covered 100% with my insurance :D. Check out Walgreens if you can't find it anywhere else.

Reactions: 1 user
Urggh I .

But on the bright side, I just rediscovered this little gem which I feel describes my senioritis pretty well :laugh::

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Two weeks of class and then finals for me. One of my classes is an acting class though so putting on our final performance is super exciting - we're doing a bunch of Sondheim scenes and I feel so legit even if I'm the odd one out among all the theater majors!

My insurance covers the vaccine I just can't find a doctor office that will order and administer the vaccines
Check if your local hospital has an Infectious Diseases department that's where I got mine ordered and admin'd

Check if your local hospital has an Infectious Diseases department that's where I got mine ordered and admin'd
I checked all of them and they either said that they do it for employees or that I need a referral and I don't really have a pcp. My local Walgreens pharmacy did it and it was covered by my insurance :D

I checked all of them and they either said that they do it for employees or that I need a referral and I don't really have a pcp. My local Walgreens pharmacy did it and it was covered by my insurance :D
Purrrfect.

I really gotta stop using that pun but I don't think I will.

Urggh I wish I was graduating this coming week. I'm on a quarter system so we just finished MIDTERMS. I still have five more weeks of class until I'm done.

But on the bright side, I just rediscovered this little gem which I feel describes my senioritis pretty well :laugh::

This was my favorite song way back in the day when I used to buy Neopet stuffed animals at Limited Too ;)

Reactions: 2 users
My roommate recently brought Neopets back into our lives. Such nostalgia :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I might have started playing again at some point this year...
I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I was legitimately angry when I couldn't access my old account from way back when.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I was legitimately angry when I couldn't access my old account from way back when.

I still can get into my account that is like 8 years old. It's not my oldest account. That one I never used because I messed up my email address and never could get it activated. And then I had several accounts frozen in between that one and my current one.

I still can get into my account that is like 8 years old. It's not my oldest account. That one I never used because I messed up my email address and never could get it activated. And then I had several accounts frozen in between that one and my current one.
I'm jealous. I think they deleted mine :(

I might have started playing again at some point this year...
I had no idea neopets even still existed! It's probably been a good 12-13 years since I was last on there. I still remember my screen name was kittykitty (or at least my first one, since I had like 4 of them so that I could do whatever it was I did to get myself more points or coins or whatever it was you traded in).

Oh man.. Forgot all about neopets! I just tried to log into my account, it says it's been frozen for multiple account usage? Definitely wasn't frozen when I last used it, what a bummer. Might make a new one.... :p

But omg. Was hunting for a new WW theme, this may definitely be my next one.

Reactions: 3 users
Who else is graduating this weekend? Can't believe I'm finally here, but it went by so fast at the same time!
Yay for a B.S. in Biochemistry. :) Not excited about having to take finals AFTER graduation though.

My roommate recently brought Neopets back into our lives. Such nostalgia :)
Mine did the same thing freshman year and I still get on my account :rofl:
My original was like 13 years old but they deleted it for some reason :(

Oh man.. Forgot all about neopets! I just tried to log into my account, it says it's been frozen for multiple account usage? Definitely wasn't frozen when I last used it, what a bummer. Might make a new one.... :p

But omg. Was hunting for a new WW theme, this may definitely be my next one.
PLEASE!!!!!

I'm really surprised to find out that my 14 year old account still in fact exists. Which makes me feel old. And yet, nothing's really changed. It's like a perfectly preserved slice of my twelve year old self, complete with anything and everything being cat related:
Untitled 2 copy.jpg
Untitled 3.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I'm really surprised to find out that my 14 year old account still in fact exists. Which makes me feel old. And yet, nothing's really changed. It's like a perfectly preserved slice of my twelve year old self, complete with anything and everything being cat related:
View attachment 181136 View attachment 181137

Pet pets! Oh man I loved doglefoxes

View attachment 181136 View attachment 181137

Actually, I checked my other account that I remembered and started looking through it. Some of my stuff was mortifying. I was apparently in an emo club guild. :laugh: I also had my shop keeper saying "I'm just a skater girl!" as a hello. I'd conveniently forgotten about that phase of mine...

I finally got a krawk after years of trying. That's probably my proudest neopets moment lol

I am loving all this time off. I've been to 2 pool parties, Six Flags, and just now getting back from Scarborough Faire. Going to make sides and dessert while my brother grills steaks tomorrow for Mother's Day. I forgot how much fun summer could be...

My old boss did contact me to see if I could work 3 days a week at a very nice hourly rate...the money may be too hard to resist.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm thinking about getting a Yoga. I was reading on another thread some people talking about different computers.
Have you always taken notes electronically? Or just when you started vet school? I take only paper notes currently, and am wondering if I would have trouble getting used to electronic notes.

I know I'm super late in response to this, but ...

... I was a really devout take-notes-by-hands person in undergrad. I decided to switch to my laptop when I started vet school. I wanted all my notes with me as time went on.

So far, I have not regretted that decision one bit. It took me a few months to really get comfortable with it, but once you find a few tricks (like PDF Scissors, and the 'set all as background' command in OneNote) it's really super nice. I love that I can quickly search my notes not just for things I wrote, but for things that were in the instructors' pdfs/slides/powerpoints/whatever.

I use OneNote, but any of the common software packages would work... and I've kinda wondered if Evernote Premium would work for this. OneNote is structured with Notebooks as your top level in the hierarchy, with Sections under that and Pages within Sections (Notebooks -> Sections -> Pages). So what I did is create one Notebook for each semester (Y1S1, Y1S2, Y2S1 ... Y4). Then I create a Section for each class in that semester. Then within that class I create a Page for the Syllabus, one Page for each lecture, and whatever other miscellanous Page(s) make sense.

You can arrange Pages in their own hierarchy up to 3 deep, so I often did something like:
Syllabus
Exam 1
Lecture 1
Lecture 2​
Exam 2
Lecture 3
Lecture 4​
Exam 3
Lecture 5
Lecture 6​

.... etc. Just made it easier to organize since you can collapse the sub-pages, so I'd only expand whatever section we were working through, i.e.:

Exam 1 (collapsed)
Exam 2 (collapsed)
Exam 3
Lecture 5
Lecture 6​

Yes, I'm an organizational freak. But there are classes with 50-60-70 lectures or so ... it made it nice to keep it easy to navigate and crystal clear what I had to study for any given exam.

Since you go to UMN, are the printed notes expensive? Do a lot of people buy them?

Unless they changed it with the new curriculum .. you're required to buy them the first semester.

I bought them the first two semesters. Then I quit wasting my money, since I never used the written notes. :)

I've already spoken to admissions and apparently Penn is pretty relaxed about their deferment policies. I told her up-front why I wanted to defer and she didn't have any qualms about it. Apparently there are several people every year that defer for this reason :).

I'd be kinda surprised if they'd care much. I mean, it doesn't really impact them - they'll just call someone off the wait list. And then they've already got a seat filled for next year. I imagine they might be grumpy if you did it a day before school started, but.....

I know I'm super late in response to this, but ...

... I was a really devout take-notes-by-hands person in undergrad. I decided to switch to my laptop when I started vet school. I wanted all my notes with me as time went on.

So far, I have not regretted that decision one bit. It took me a few months to really get comfortable with it, but once you find a few tricks (like PDF Scissors, and the 'set all as background' command in OneNote) it's really super nice. I love that I can quickly search my notes not just for things I wrote, but for things that were in the instructors' pdfs/slides/powerpoints/whatever.

I use OneNote, but any of the common software packages would work... and I've kinda wondered if Evernote Premium would work for this. OneNote is structured with Notebooks as your top level in the hierarchy, with Sections under that and Pages within Sections (Notebooks -> Sections -> Pages). So what I did is create one Notebook for each semester (Y1S1, Y1S2, Y2S1 ... Y4). Then I create a Section for each class in that semester. Then within that class I create a Page for the Syllabus, one Page for each lecture, and whatever other miscellanous Page(s) make sense.

You can arrange Pages in their own hierarchy up to 3 deep, so I often did something like:
Syllabus
Exam 1
Lecture 1
Lecture 2​
Exam 2
Lecture 3
Lecture 4​
Exam 3
Lecture 5
Lecture 6​

.... etc. Just made it easier to organize since you can collapse the sub-pages, so I'd only expand whatever section we were working through, i.e.:

Exam 1 (collapsed)
Exam 2 (collapsed)
Exam 3
Lecture 5
Lecture 6​

Yes, I'm an organizational freak. But there are classes with 50-60-70 lectures or so ... it made it nice to keep it easy to navigate and crystal clear what I had to study for any given exam.

Thanks! This is what I was wondering about. I'm a big hand-written notes person right now and was wondering if it would be extremely difficult to go to computer in vet school. I'm sure it varies between people. But still. This is good input.

Unless they changed it with the new curriculum .. you're required to buy them the first semester.

I bought them the first two semesters. Then I quit wasting my money, since I never used the written notes. :)
Nope, they didn't make us buy them, thank goodness, because that would have been a big waste of money for me. I don't know how I'd ever survive without being able electronically search through all my notes.

This is kind of unrelated but... is anyone NOT bringing a car? I'm kind of contemplating not to because I'm not the best of drivers and I've never driven in snow. Anyone know if it's absolutely necessary to have a car (specifically for CSU)?

This is kind of unrelated but... is anyone NOT bringing a car? I'm kind of contemplating not to because I'm not the best of drivers and I've never driven in snow. Anyone know if it's absolutely necessary to have a car (specifically for CSU)?

I am definitely NOT bringing a car - primarily because I don't own one. That notwithstanding, I am an EXCELLENT driver and would gladly act as your chauffeur.

P.S. I am not too proud to wear one of those little caps.

I'm not bringing a car. I'm going to be living a mile from the school and there is a bus system right at my complex so I don't think I will be needing my car. My husband has a car so there's no need to have two cars. It will save us money.

I don't know anything about CSU, but having a car where I am located is not necessary, however, I can tell you that there is nothing I miss more than the freedom that having a car gives you. I hate being bound by bus times, when the bus will arrive, when it leaves and the worst of all: when you miss the bus. There is nothing quite like the freedom of being able to think, "Hey I want go here" and being able to just go and not have to think "Ok, I have to wait for the bus and it will take longer because of all the stops". Anyway, just something to think about.

I don't know anything about CSU, but having a car where I am located is not necessary, however, I can tell you that there is nothing I miss more than the freedom that having a car gives you. I hate being bound by bus times, when the bus will arrive, when it leaves and the worst of all: when you miss the bus. There is nothing quite like the freedom of being able to think, "Hey I want go here" and being able to just go and not have to think "Ok, I have to wait for the bus and it will take longer because of all the stops". Anyway, just something to think about.
:thumbup: I didn't have a car in undergrad and don't like driving very much, but it's awesome to just be able to go places because you've decided to go there. There's probably a lot of stuff I wouldn't have been able to do if I didn't have a car here (from weekend wetlabs to coffeeshop studying), even if I technically could have gotten by and made it to class without one.

The two times I've visited Fort Collins I've been impressed with how bike-friendly the town is. But I also can't imagine riding my bike in a snowstorm, mostly because I'm a weenie about the cold.

Fort Collins has a great bus system and a new MAXbus rapid transit system. I would see where you are living and look at what time you would have to leave in the am to get to the bus station and get to class on time. First year classes are held in the zoology building.

I always wondered about getting groceries home on a bus, I'm guessing large shopping trips are out of the question.

The town is very bike friendly. FYI we have 8 inches of snow on the ground right now...so yea about that bike riding...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Fort Collins has a great bus system and a new MAXbus rapid transit system. I would see where you are living and look at what time you would have to leave in the am to get to the bus station and get to class on time. First year classes are held in the zoology building.

I always wondered about getting groceries home on a bus, I'm guessing large shopping trips are out of the question.

The town is very bike friendly. FYI we have 8 inches of snow on the ground right now...so yea about that bike riding...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I don't know how things are in Fort Collins but there are quite a few grocery stores that do delivery in Philly. Could be something to look into. I did it a lot when I lived in the UK because the bigger grocery stores were just outside the city. Haven't done it in Philly because my bf has a car but i know people who do and have had no problems.

Large shopping trips are completely out of the question when using a bus. Basically, you either have to purchase a rolling type of thing to carry groceries in, or you can only bring home what you can carry, which isn't a whole lot. It is very frustrating and I finally gave up and have all of my groceries delivered now, saves me a lot of time and only costs a small amount extra.

All I know is that I miss the freedom of having a car and being bound by bus times or how far you can walk gets incredibly frustrating after a while.

@VacaMeansCow – If I finally decide to bring my car, I’ll definitely pm you and take you up on your offer especially in the winter when it snows haha…

Edit: Actually, I might need you around all the time - I'm god-awful at parking.

@kenggy – Yeah, my future possible housemates said that they take the bus every day to the main campus and I’ll ask them if they use the car a lot outside of that.

I’ll definitely take these all into consideration. I definitely would enjoy having my own car in terms of being able to take control of my own time/schedule and being able to go to various coffee-shops to study and grocery shopping. Though I’m still leaning towards not having a car because I’ve already crashed the car once and I’ve only had my license for 2-ish years. (Cars+me = disaster). But then again, since I’m bringing my pets with me, driving might be better than riding a plane. And I feel bad asking people for rides. Bleugh. I hate deciding.

Anywho, thank you VacaMeansCow, UFprevet12, DVMDream, equineconstant, JaynaAli, kenggy, and orca2011 for all your insight! <3

Last edited: