Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm just upset about my transcripts. Going to have my school send another one in tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Members don't see this ad.

Man .... I'm actually annoyed by this delay ... I feel like it'll mess up alot of verification times and such. Also, haven't they known about this problem? The fact that they delay a day before submission, already delayed the app before and messed up on things such as hours spent shows how incompetent AMCAS is becoming...

/end bitter rant...

Also, finished my last o-chem test ever! Two more labs left and freedom from o-chem FOREVER!

Members don't see this ad :)
Man .... I'm actually annoyed by this delay ... I feel like it'll mess up alot of verification times and such. Also, haven't they known about this problem? The fact that they delay a day before submission, already delayed the app before and messed up on things such as hours spent shows how incompetent AMCAS is becoming...

/end bitter rant...
Seriously, it sucks. I won't be able to submit on June 10th morning because I'll be at work (unless I do it from my phone)
Also, finished my last o-chem test ever! Two more labs left and freedom from o-chem FOREVER!

congrats!

/end bitter rant...

it might go both ways; people are going to procrastinate and submit even later or a lot more people will submit earlier.

I finished like 2 weeks ago. I sometimes get random thoughts about missing O-chem, but then I laugh at myself for thinking something like that:laugh:

/end bitter rant...

Wow, that sucks. I feel bad for you guys. Why was there a delay? When will you be able to submit?

Does anyone know why there is a "(U)" after the name of my county? It appears everywhere on the app :confused:

Nevermind, I found it on the last page of the app.

It stands for "Underserved" :cool:

EDIT: Oops! Missed the second part of your post :smack:

Wow, that sucks. I feel bad for you guys. Why was there a delay? When will you be able to submit?

The opening for 2014 AMCAS application submissions is being delayed until Monday, June 10 at 9:30 a.m. ET

and this time I'll be ready :oops:

Seriously, it sucks. I won't be able to submit on June 10th morning because I'll be at work (unless I do it from my phone)

I have to wake up at 6:30 being on the west coast... T.T

/EDIT

Hey! My 500th post! Finally :laugh: I think I've accumulated about 300+ since contributing to this thread like 2 months ago. hahaha

Now my favorite celebration gif to bask in the moment:
ZaIyq.gif

Last edited:
it might go both ways; people are going to procrastinate and submit even later or a lot more people will submit earlier.

Possibly ... I still feel like a larger influx of people will submit on first day.

congrats!

Thanks~~~ So happy I'm done ... Test wasn't too bad either so I might actually do better than the 2.7 average I was hoping for. :laugh:

I finished like 2 weeks ago. I sometimes get random thoughts about missing O-chem, but then I laugh at myself for thinking something like that:laugh:

I will never think about that class ever again ... This lab tormented me for 9 weeks. :scared:

This is their official explanation.

The opening for 2014 AMCAS application submissions is being delayed until Monday, June 10 at 9:30 a.m. ET. At this time, some applicants have reported problems viewing the summary sections of the Course Work and Work/Activities section of the application. This delay will allow us to ensure the problems are fully resolved and to allow applicants to review their applications in their entirety for accuracy prior to submission.

As a reminder, the initial transfer of 2014 AMCAS application data to medical schools is scheduled for June 28.

Thank you for your patience as we address this issue.

Sigh ... AMCAS, you dun goofed.

Members don't see this ad :)

:( but I enjoyed undergrad orgo. I even took a grad level orgo class. It's the kind of subject that once you "get it", you've got it forever. To me, it was difficult in a satisfying way.:smuggrin:

I just navigated through the primary on my phone so I should be able to submit from my phone.

Thank God for Android's awesomeness.

This is their official explanation.

The opening for 2014 AMCAS application submissions is being delayed until Monday, June 10 at 9:30 a.m. ET. At this time, some applicants have reported problems viewing the summary sections of the Course Work and Work/Activities section of the application. This delay will allow us to ensure the problems are fully resolved and to allow applicants to review their applications in their entirety for accuracy prior to submission.

As a reminder, the initial transfer of 2014 AMCAS application data to medical schools is scheduled for June 28.

Thank you for your patience as we address this issue.

Sigh ... AMCAS, you dun goofed.

Wow, you're going to have to be on it to get the first batch of secondaries.

:( but I enjoyed undergrad orgo. I even took a grad level orgo class. It's the kind of subject that once you "get it", you've got it forever. To me, it was difficult in a satisfying way.:smuggrin:

eww ... get out of here! I'm forever a bio person. I despise chem.

I just navigated through the primary on my phone so I should be able to submit from my phone.

Thank God for Android's awesomeness.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I love my Note 2 :love:

Wow, you're going to have to be on it to get the first batch of secondaries.

Agreed. Guess I should start working on those ... -____-

eww ... get out of here! I'm forever a bio person. I despise chem.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I love my Note 2 :love:

Agreed. Guess I should start working on those ... -____-

I'm a physics guy myself. Tutor for I & II

I've got the HTC One X+ (old one, not the newest one although I desperately want it)

I've finished secondary essays for 7 out of 14 schools. Hopefully finish at least 5 more this week if not the rest of them.

^^ Ha, that's funny.

Mathematics is just applied mind ****ery. I hate math.

^^ Ha, that's funny.

Mathematics is just applied mind ****ery. I hate math.

Agreed, besides once you get into the higher level stuff, all the numbers are replaced with letters. That's not math, its a foreign language.

I'm a physics guy myself. Tutor for I & II

I've got the HTC One X+ (old one, not the newest one although I desperately want it)

I've finished secondary essays for 7 out of 14 schools. Hopefully finish at least 5 more this week if not the rest of them.

I like what I see about the new HTC One. My upgrade isn't until Dec though. I should be able to get a good deal on it by then.

Damn, this thread died. Where is everyone

I feel ya!! I mean I really liked it, I agree with bolded, it's just like riding a bike or sex:D

Possibly ... I still feel like a larger influx of people will submit on first day.

yeah, will see how it goes. Let's hope people that submit within the first 5 days can be verified in time for June 28th.

Top?
Oh yeah, but I'm at starbucks on my phone so no musical goodness. Yet

I have to say, I'm glad AMCAS ended up pushing the submission date back...I have yet to write my mini-essays for my 3 most significant activities, and this gives me more time. =) Did submit my AACOMAS app today, tho.

I have to say, I'm glad AMCAS ended up pushing the submission date back...I have yet to write my mini-essays for my 3 most significant activities, and this gives me more time. =) Did submit my AACOMAS app today, tho.

:woot::woot:

Plus, the Penguins and Kings are garbage.

:woot::woot:

Plus, the Penguins and Kings are garbage.

Lol @ the Pens right now. Their lack of defense/goaltending is so sad, beat writers all over twitter were cursing themselves for voting Letang on their Norris ballot.

That said, the game 3s should be interesting...we shall see whether the two teams fall in the hole more or stun the visitors. Kings are 7-0 at home, I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow. =/

Ps: random, but where are you applying to med school, agent B?

Lol @ the Pens right now. Their lack of defense/goaltending is so sad, beat writers all over twitter were cursing themselves for voting Letang on their Norris ballot.

That said, the game 3s should be interesting...we shall see whether the two teams fall in the hole more or stun the visitors. Kings are 7-0 at home, I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow. =/

Penguins are getting destroyed at their home game... Bruins will sweep them in 4.

Kings are garbage and the Blackhawks discovered Quick's weakness and are utilizing it.

Ps: random, but where are you applying to med school, agent B?

Idk. Maybe I already did and got accepted... or I'm a resident?? Or just some random eager and friendly guy who wants to be a moral support for the 2018ers. :ninja::ninja:

Penguins are getting destroyed at their home game... Bruins will sweep them in 4.

Kings are garbage and the Blackhawks discovered Quick's weakness and are utilizing it.

Idk. Maybe I already did and got accepted... or I'm a resident?? Or just some random eager and friendly guy who wants to be a moral support for the 2018ers. :ninja::ninja:

Great for the Bruins but DNW to face them in the SCF, if the Hawks make it that far. I hope the Pens put up a fight and push it to 7 games...

It will be interesting to see whether Quick or Bernier is the starting goalie for game 3.

And maybe I can look at topics you've created and see what background of yourself you've given. :p At any rate, I would guess I'm older--I already graduated college (this year, but still). Wish I could still be a student and not worry about getting a job for a year. =/

Just got back from my lovely day at the hospital to find that AMCAS has delayed submission an extra 6 days. The gods have heard my cries! Looks like I will be submitting first day after all. :)

Had some nice hang out time with friends. So nice having some R&R after this past week. :D

Damn ... in my play, I noticed that I didn't do my online homework due today ... -____-

Did anyone else see this tweet?? They deleted it after about an hour.

AMCAS ‏@amcasinfo
#2014AMCAS application submission opens today! #premed

:laugh::roflcopter::smack::sendoff::bullcrap::lol::rofl:

This might be a dumb question, sorry, but are we allowed to send in transcripts before June 10th? My school mailed mine last week and they should get it either today or tomorrow.

AMCAS will accept these transcripts right? Even if it's before June 10th?

This might be a dumb question, sorry, but are we allowed to send in transcripts before June 10th? My school mailed mine last week and they should get it either today or tomorrow.

AMCAS will accept these transcripts right? Even if it's before June 10th?

Yes, you are fine.:)

:welcome:

:clap: My transcript was received today(just now). It was mailed on the 24th. :thumbup: