Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PENGUINS IN 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plumazula style...

Hey, I called the Spurs sweep of Memphis. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

You're actually the only Muslim Hispanic I have known (although anonymously). :eek: Not intending to flame (but my general naiveté), but there aren't Spanish Muslim countries, are there?

Haha yeah, I mean, I am 50% Puerto Rican from my mom (she is Muslim too). Goro told me to take advantage of it for my apps.
There are no official ones, but there are lot of Muslims in Spain and some larger populations in Chile and Argentina. Not sure if you know, but Hispanics like their pigs, alcohol and women, so its not the best place for a Muslim to live lol.

Haha yeah, I mean, I am 50% Puerto Rican from my mom (she is Muslim too). Goro told me to take advantage of it for my apps.
There are no official ones, but there are lot of Muslims in Spain and some larger populations in Chile and Argentina. Not sure if you know, but Hispanics like their pigs, alcohol and women, so its not the best place for a Muslim to live lol.

Not questioning anything. Just curious, since it was interesting at first to identify a Muslim Hispanic... Alas, I go to a completely isolated university with no real world aspects. :cry::cry:

Hispanics like pigs? Ok. That I didn't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
My numbers are too low for Jefferson I think. Haven't checked.

MSU is heavily instate biased, but Med College of Wisconsin isn't, it's private with 53% of the class as OOS. The University of Wisconsin on the other hand is very IS biased.

Remove Temple, Loma Linda & MSU. This list gets smaller and smaller lol, you guys are saving me cash, thanks.
OK, Jefferson is in my range. And it's private which is a huge plus for me (don't have to worry about IS bias or having ties)

Medical College of Wisconsin
Thomas Jefferson
University of Miami
Georgetown

:thumbup: Yeah, I think Jefferson would be a great choice! And yeah, I was thinking of Wisconsin. :laugh:

Just found out my MCAT date is going to be in Ramadan..., I'm pretty sure I should reschedule to August, thoughts?

Hmmm ... is it due to the fasting? I mean ... if you can grunt through the 4 hours test without snacks, you could go for it. August seems slightly late doesn't it?

Just found out my MCAT date is going to be in Ramadan..., I'm pretty sure I should reschedule to August, thoughts?

If you delay your test to August, your scores won't be transmitted til September. Some schools will have already started giving out interviews by then. Are you sure you want to do something like that.

Your stunning beauty, charm and wit will make us millions!!!! We'll be rich!!!!

I tried to auction plumazula off, but she somehow hijacked the train, freed the prisoners, and forced them to auction me off. That was embarrassing...

As long as it isn't leprechaun gold. 8)

I can't stop laughing from that image. How much were you worth?

PENGUINS IN 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plumazula style...

I did not see that coming...all Leafs fans are currently sobbing into their beers, thinking the Leafs could be the ones thisclose to the SCF if only they hadn't screwed up that last game against Boston...

I did not see that coming...all Leafs fans are currently sobbing into their beers, thinking the Leafs could be the ones thisclose to the SCF if only they hadn't screwed up that last game against Boston...

The Toronto Leafs is totally garbage. The only team worse is the Blackhawks.

Members don't see this ad :)

I studied during Ramadan, including many full lengths, and was okay, but it really depends on you. Also, are you taking the test more than 30 miles away? Break your fast and do qadha later. (Or schedule your test for a further location to allow this.) Pushing back to August might be more risky if you're applying this year.

Not questioning anything. Just curious, since it was interesting at first to identify a Muslim Hispanic... Alas, I go to a completely isolated university with no real world aspects. :cry::cry:

Hispanics like pigs? Ok. That I didn't know.

Also Guyana is a kind of cool country in all it's diversity. A lot of Muslims, due to the Indian and Southeast Asian influence. It seems to depend on how long a families been there, but I remember a Guyanese girl who considering herself Hispanic, but was also born and raised Muslim (7% of their population).

Drexel is in the middle of the city and you have to take a shuttle from the medical school to the teaching hospital. Temple is unfortunately the school in the unsafe environment (at least the undergrad and associated schools are).

I am not scared bring it on!! I would love to train in a county chaotic hospital rather than a slow pace, private hospital... but that's just me.:naughty:

I am not scared bring it on!! I would love to train in a county chaotic hospital rather than a slow pace, private hospital... but that's just me.:naughty:

Indeed me too! But I'd hate to get robbed walking to my apartment. These guys spun Will Smith around above their heads, and I'm not nearly as big as him.

Indeed me too! But I'd hate to get robbed walking to my apartment. These guys spun Will Smith around above their heads, and I'm not nearly as big as him.

:laugh: bro you made me laugh so hard. I see what you're saying :p

Same here, one of the reasons why I'd love to go to UCLA or USC is because of the hospitals are in such an environment. Temple, Drexel, and Jefferson are all on my list. Now I'm just hoping my FAP appeal goes through.

:rofl: :laugh:

I try, I try.

So I've got a few psych classes that could certainly be considered as biology or math. So far I've marked

Bio psych as bio
Quant as math
Drugs & behavior as bio
Health psych as bio
Research methods as math

Marking 'child & adolescent development' as bio could give me a .03 sGPA increase. The class covered both biological development and psychological development equally, I would say. Worth it to mark it as bio?

I try, I try.

So I've got a few psych classes that could certainly be considered as biology or math. So far I've marked

Bio psych as bio
Quant as math
Drugs & behavior as bio
Health psych as bio
Research methods as math

Marking 'child & adolescent development' as bio could give me a .03 sGPA increase. The class covered both biological development and psychological development equally, I would say. Worth it to mark it as bio?

i don't see why not. they'll just change it themselves if they deem it not worthy of being BCPM. I did the same thing with my classes last time I applied (cognitive neuropsych, brain disorders, sensory and perception) and it worked.

i don't see why not. they'll just change it themselves if they deem it not worthy of being BCPM. I did the same thing with my classes last time I applied (cognitive neuropsych, brain disorders, sensory and perception) and it worked.

Cool, I'll go for it. I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not taking cognitive psych or sensation & perception (both taught by my research PI too...) :(

I try, I try.

Bio psych as bio
Quant as math
Drugs & behavior as bio
Health psych as bio
Research methods as math

I marked D&B and Research Methods as Psych. D&B only as non-science since I need that professor's letter as my non-sci LOR. :laugh:

If they change it, I wouldn't be too sad ... 4.0'ed both so it'd probably bumped by sGPA a bit more.

I marked D&B and Research Methods as Psych. D&B only as non-science since I need that professor's letter as my non-sci LOR. :laugh:

If they change it, I wouldn't be too sad ... 4.0'ed both so it'd probably bumped by sGPA a bit more.

I honestly didn't expect you to leave the top abandoned...

Oh dear...her invisible boyfriend is sure to be upset.

*dives underwater*

He's invisible because I permanently auctioned the real one off to some guy in Russia. Your sister thought he dumped her. Poor girl.

*transforms into a shark and rushes after you*

Also Guyana is a kind of cool country in all it's diversity. A lot of Muslims, due to the Indian and Southeast Asian influence. It seems to depend on how long a families been there, but I remember a Guyanese girl who considering herself Hispanic, but was also born and raised Muslim (7% of their population).

Wow, thanks for the update. The world is truly a diverse place.

The professor I took bio psych and D&B from I'm going to consider my 2nd science LOR if it's marked as such.

The professor I took bio psych and D&B from I'm going to consider my 2nd science LOR if it's marked as such.

:thumbup: We're like exact opposite strategies. Hopefully we don't get the same reviewer. :laugh:

Random Agent B- post:

I auctioned off X,
I auctioned off Y,
I auctioned off Z, etc.

/Agent B- post

So bored in class, trying to pay attention but i'm falling asleep. Still have some MCAT stuff to do today as well. FML

Thread just died. Everybody must be working hard on their AMCAS. :laugh:

Anyways, I've finished my main application :soexcited:

Tweaked my PS a little bit, but I think I'm going to mostly keep it the same ...

The day is slowly dawning on us! :scared:

Thread just died. Everybody must be working hard on their AMCAS. :laugh:

Anyways, I've finished my main application :soexcited:

Tweaked my PS a little bit, but I think I'm going to mostly keep it the same ...

The day is slowly dawning on us! :scared:

Congrats, dude! :thumbup:

hD7EDD91A

Toured University of Colorado today since Aurora was right on the way from the Denver airport to Colorado Springs. Danggggg is the medical campus huge. And gorgeous. Definitely happy I have Colorado on my list.

Toured University of Colorado today since Aurora was right on the way from the Denver airport to Colorado Springs. Danggggg is the medical campus huge. And gorgeous. Definitely happy I have Colorado on my list.

Very beautiful indeed. A little too cold for my taste.

aaaaand another set of secondary essays knocked out. 5 more schools to go.

4 more secondary essays!

Want to get everything done by Monday.

4 more secondary essays!

Want to get everything done by Monday.

Dang, I'm not going to start those until Monday. I'm going to dedicate my super neuroticism to my primary app until its its actually submitted. :p

I kind of want to have a pool party after I submit my primary app...... Too much? :oops: I like to treat every situation as a reason for celebration. :hardy:

:soexcited: