Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aww, cute bear memes! :love: This thread never disappoints! :thumbup:

http://fedgeno.com/you-want-a-coke-mother****er.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just rejected by NYU's three year program after interviewing two weeks ago. I don't even know what to say. State school here I come :unsure:

Just rejected by NYU's three year program after interviewing two weeks ago. I don't even know what to say. State school here I come :unsure:
May 15th isn't that far off, you never know what might happen.

Reactions: 3 users

May 15th isn't that far off, you never know what might happen.

+1, don't lose hope Amba!

And I think we can all agree that U Wisconsin is a beast of a school anyways.

I'm sorry to hear that @Amba :( Are you not going to go to another program unless it is as affordable as the University of Wisconsin?

So, I'm pretty much done with my senior thesis. Heck yeah. :claps:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks all. It's been a rough cycle, and very rough week.

I'm sorry to hear that @Amba :( Are you not going to go to another program unless it is as affordable as the University of Wisconsin?

There are a couple schools I'd consider going into substantial debt for (actually, most my waitlist schools are in this group). Unfortunately, NYU and Case are not. 250K (Case) and 320K (NYU) of debt are not worth it when I could be ~100K at Madison.

My primary goal coming into this cycle was to leave the state... Tried for undergrad and it didn't happen. I tried even harder for med school, but alas, apparently it isn't in the cards. Still grateful for my position, even if it was far from my first choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a couple schools I'd consider going into substantial debt for (actually, most my waitlist schools are in this group). Unfortunately, NYU and Case are not. 250K (Case) and 320K (NYU) of debt are not worth it when I could be ~100K at Madison.

My primary goal coming into this cycle was to leave the state... Tried for undergrad and it didn't happen. I tried even harder for med school, but alas, apparently it isn't in the cards. Still grateful for my position, even if it was far from my first choice.

I hear you Amba, I have exactly the same goal. I wanted to go out of state for college but just couldn't afford it. Now that I've been accepted to medical school (only state schools though) I really want to go oos - especially because the only school in-state that I'd want to go to (the only one with a serious biomedical research program) is in the city I'm currently in!

In many ways I've been really lucky this cycle, most notably by getting interviews at both my top choice coming into the cycle and also from the highest ranked school on my list. However, now I'm stuck on waitlists at literally every oos school post interview! No acceptances, no rejections, just waitlists! :mad: I know I'm really lucky to be accepted, but it really kills me because I'm so close to getting exactly what I've worked so hard for these past six years and it may not happen.

So all that is to say Amba, I'm right there with you :hurting:

But don't give up hope yet, waitlist movement is going to be pretty stagnant until May 15th at this point. It could still happen!

Some say "Give me libery or give me death". I say "Give me NYU or I'll give you death."

totally get that.. I too have the same goal of leaving my state.
withdrew from one school on your list, if I could pick who gets it, I'd pick you! :xf:

but not much longer until May 15th, and the tons of things could change

Is it rude if you tell a girl that you know "I met someone today - if you gained 300 pounds this girl looks exactly like you"?

Is it rude if you tell a girl that you know "I met someone today - if you gained 300 pounds this girl looks exactly like you"?

i think it would be worse to say "I met someone today - if you lost 300 pounds this girl looks exactly like you"

Reactions: 4 users
I take it that depending on the state you're from, you'll be more likely to want to stay there or not. I know that if I was in any state that experienced this years polar vortex, I'd want to get the eff out of there with the quickness. I actually had already resigned myself to the fact that as a Cali applicant, I'd more than likely end up OOS and tried to tailor my selections to areas where I could see myself (barring any crazy winters). I would have never had guessed that my season would have turned out like this, as well as pretty curious as to why EVERY OOS hated me. I'm very lucky to be accepted to where I'm at, but this process is so freaking crazy that I still find myself asking questions about why certain schools didn't like me.

Here's to hoping May 15th brings everyone some good news :luck::xf:

I take it that depending on the state you're from, you'll be more likely to want to stay there or not. I know that if I was in any state that experienced this years polar vortex, I'd want to get the eff out of there with the quickness. I actually had already resigned myself to the fact that as a Cali applicant, I'd more than likely end up OOS and tried to tailor my selections to areas where I could see myself (barring any crazy winters). I would have never had guessed that my season would have turned out like this, as well as pretty curious as to why EVERY OOS hated me. I'm very lucky to be accepted to where I'm at, but this process is so freaking crazy that I still find myself asking questions about why certain schools didn't like me.

eh, who knows.
My pre-health committee told me to add more private schools because I had too many OOS public schools, particularly those in the south that aren't OOS friendly. managed to get love from almost all my southern OOS schools but very few of the private schools, and none of the ones they recommended for me. :shrug:

eh, who knows.
My pre-health committee told me to add more private schools because I had too many OOS public schools, particularly those in the south that aren't OOS friendly. managed to get love from almost all my southern OOS schools but very few of the private schools, and none of the ones they recommended for me. :shrug:

Small diversion:

I realize you and @Docility hate me by preventing me from accessing your profile. So much for open access.

Small diversion:

I realize you and @Docility hate me by preventing me from accessing your profile. So much for open access.

no one can access my profile as far as I know. I can't access Docility's profile either, so don't feel too bad.
No one ever said there would be open access either.

no one can access my profile as far as I know. I can't access Docility's profile either, so don't feel too bad.
No one ever said there would be open access either.

Oh no! Wow.. so much for... treaty... :cryi:

Well, while there's a minion civil war, I'll quickly capture and harvest all the minions and eat them alive.

I hear you Amba, I have exactly the same goal. I wanted to go out of state for college but just couldn't afford it. Now that I've been accepted to medical school (only state schools though) I really want to go oos - especially because the only school in-state that I'd want to go to (the only one with a serious biomedical research program) is in the city I'm currently in!

In many ways I've been really lucky this cycle, most notably by getting interviews at both my top choice coming into the cycle and also from the highest ranked school on my list. However, now I'm stuck on waitlists at literally every oos school post interview! No acceptances, no rejections, just waitlists! :mad: I know I'm really lucky to be accepted, but it really kills me because I'm so close to getting exactly what I've worked so hard for these past six years and it may not happen.

So all that is to say Amba, I'm right there with you :hurting:

But don't give up hope yet, waitlist movement is going to be pretty stagnant until May 15th at this point. It could still happen!

withdrew from one school on your list, if I could pick who gets it, I'd pick you! :xf:

I know exactly how you feel, man. This process is hard. I know my self-identity shouldn't be wrapped up in this as much as it is, but it's just hard when it feels like every single day I am being told, "You're not good enough," over and over again.

I'll be rooting for you over the next month or two. I really hope you get some good news, bud.

Yep, I saw that. Thanks @terp720!

May 15 is coming soon. I always find it funny when people look forward to that date, since it also happens to be my birthday :shrug:

Indeed.