Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We have our anatomy exam about 2 weeks after... We started anatomy at the beginning of the semester, and we'll be done by mid-December. But I don't want to start cramming for it the week before. We dissected the neck yesterday, and it was :eek: and:dead: at the same time.

Omohyoid, thyrohyoid, mylohyoid, ansa cervicalis. All that fun stuff. I hear you on not wanting to cram. How's the Big Apple treating you so far?

Also, @Amba must be giddy after watching Melvin Gordon run wild over Nebraska. We could also use some musical goodness courtesy of @plumazul.

Members don't see this ad.

Omohyoid, thyrohyoid, mylohyoid, ansa cervicalis. All that fun stuff. I hear you on not wanting to cram. How's the Big Apple treating you so far?

Also, @Amba must be giddy after watching Melvin Gordon run wild over Nebraska. We could also use some musical goodness courtesy of @plumazul.

Still giddy, even days later. Two UW basketball wins, a big day for MGIII, and another big victory for the Packers. It was a great weekend.

Ugh, the neck. :confused: The cranial cavity is equally as :drowning:.

Besides that, it's been great so far! I love it here, and everyone has been great. Plus, there's so much to do and lots of food to eat. :D

Btw, which med school are you at? You can PM me if you don't want to say on here lol.

Members don't see this ad :)

Besides that, it's been great so far! I love it here, and everyone has been great. Plus, there's so much to do and lots of food to eat. :D

Btw, which med school are you at? You can PM me if you don't want to say on here lol.

the cranial base wasn't that bad once you get familiar with all the foramena in there. Of course, I spent extensive nights studying it due to our lab practical which was all head and neck. We just finished the nasal and oral cavities and those things are all kinds of :drowning:

Good to hear things are going well for you!

The brain dissection was one of my favorites (along with the spine). One of my mnemonics to remember the order of the cranial cavities of the skull was "Standing Room Only" for superior orbital fissure, foramen rotundum, and foramen ovale. Branches of the external carotid: "Some Attendings Like Freaking Out Potential Medical Students."

the cranial base wasn't that bad once you get familiar with all the foramena in there. Of course, I spent extensive nights studying it due to our lab practical which was all head and neck. We just finished the nasal and oral cavities and those things are all kinds of :drowning:

I take it that ENT is not your thing then.

Good to hear things are going well for you!

The brain dissection was one of my favorites (along with the spine). One of my mnemonics to remember the order of the cranial cavities of the skull was "Standing Room Only" for superior orbital fissure, foramen rotundum, and foramen ovale. Branches of the external carotid: "Some Attendings Like Freaking Out Potential Medical Students."

Thanks for the mnemonics... :) For some reason, our class always uses sexual ones. Guess they're just easier to remember lol. We just did the face and that all was :depressed:, plus we cut out some of muscles thinking it was fascia/fat.

Anyways, how is school treating you? Are you on break now? I feel like some many schools are on break already...

12 days until break... so close to freedom.

Reactions: 1 user

:nod:

Last edited:
Like the avi. We go until the 19th here :(

Same here. :/ And we've had class since the first week of August, weeee. (Although, to be fair, we had a week off for fall break & a half a week for Thanksgiving, & we'll have 2 wks for winter break).

I counted it up & our semester is about 18-19 weeks (depending if you count half weeks).

The return of plumazul!

Thanks for the mnemonics... :) For some reason, our class always uses sexual ones. Guess they're just easier to remember lol. We just did the face and that all was :depressed:, plus we cut out some of muscles thinking it was fascia/fat.

Anyways, how is school treating you? Are you on break now? I feel like some many schools are on break already...

We get out on break later in the week. I plan on sleeping and binge-watching television for a good portion of break. Any reviews on the BBC's Sherlock?

Members don't see this ad :)
The return of plumazul!

We get out on break later in the week. I plan on sleeping and binge-watching television for a good portion of break. Any reviews on the BBC's Sherlock?

Sherlock is good! I'm going to be relaxing and sleeping and recuperating during break. @plumazul and I are done with anatomy forever!!!

I still have head and neck next term...

:( In the beginning, I thought it was bad. There were so many random muscles everywhere and so many nerves everywhere... But like the rest of anatomy, you learn it eventually. But I'm so happy we never need to go back into anatomy lab.

Sherlock is good! I'm going to be relaxing and sleeping and recuperating during break. @plumazul and I are done with anatomy forever!!!

Half-way through M1. Woohoo! Also, I picked up a copy of Sherlock Season 1.

What courses do you guys take next semester? Physio and histo are the two big courses that we take, along with some other courses later in the semester.

Half-way done with pre-clinicals!

:( In the beginning, I thought it was bad. There were so many random muscles everywhere and so many nerves everywhere... But like the rest of anatomy, you learn it eventually. But I'm so happy we never need to go back into anatomy lab.

I don't know why but head and neck was my favorite of all my exam units.

I love the fact I'm done with Anatomy as a class though overall.

I still have head and neck next term...
You poor child, I can't imagine prolonging the suffering that is anatomy for a whole year. I am so glad to be done with it. At least until neuroanatomy next year :/

TOP! Musical Goodness Returns!!! Christmas Edition

Last edited:
Half-way through M1. Woohoo! Also, I picked up a copy of Sherlock Season 1.

What courses do you guys take next semester? Physio and histo are the two big courses that we take, along with some other courses later in the semester.

We're on a 1.5 pre-clinical curriculum, so we're doing all the systems (normal and abnormal) next year along with histo lol.

I'm curious how is your blocks divided up per semester?

That's actually a question for anyone.

We had like four blocks this semester with one kinda straddling fall and spring semester.

Our blocks are basically our semesters, at least for first year. We just finished the foundations block which was 20 weeks and included all the normal stuff, anatomy, physio, biochem, histo, and another class called doctoring.

Our blocks are basically our semesters, at least for first year. We just finished the foundations block which was 20 weeks and included all the normal stuff, anatomy, physio, biochem, histo, and another class called doctoring.

Oh cool! What do you do in doctoring? We have doctoring too and it spans the first 1.5 years.

We have a foundations block that covers all the intro stuff in biochem, micro, molecular bio, etc. Then we had anatomy which is a separate block. Then we had Nueromuscloskeletal system block and we just started a neurological sciences block. We also had an intro block. So that's four and 1/3 in a semester.

Are you in a 2 year pre-clinical school?

Oh cool! What do you do in doctoring? We have doctoring too and it spans the first 1.5 years.

We have a foundations block that covers all the intro stuff in biochem, micro, molecular bio, etc. Then we had anatomy which is a separate block. Then we had Nueromuscloskeletal system block and we just started a neurological sciences block. We also had an intro block. So that's four and 1/3 in a semester.

Are you in a 2 year pre-clinical school?

We have doctoring too, but we call it physicianship lol. They lecture us on taking histories, how to be a better doctors, stats stuff, and how to ask questions as a doctor.

We took all the basic science stuff so we did pharmacology, genetics, cell bio, biochem, immunology, and we ended with cancer. We also did this with anatomy.

And yep, @SilentSoldier is at a 2 year pre-clinical school lol.

1.5 year pre-clinicals where it's at! The MS4s at my school are having the time of their lives right now.

Reactions: 1 users
1.5 year pre-clinicals where it's at! The MS4s at my school are having the time of their lives right now.
That seems to be the case everywhere. Fourth year sounds so amazing, but we have to get there first :confused:

Totally.

They look so relaxed and just so prepared to go out and be doctors while I'm trying to remember the order of a physical exam

lol same here. It seems to be a good idea to go from head to toe and just do everything. But its easy to forget some of the neck stuff. I'm just gonna have to keep practicing in the clinic.

@SilentSoldier, thanks for the Christmas gift!

harbaugh.jpg

jim-harbaugh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious how is your blocks divided up per semester?

That's actually a question for anyone.

We had like four blocks this semester with one kinda straddling fall and spring semester.

We had two blocks this semester and have two more next semester. Next year is the triumvirate of path, micro, and pharm (with immunology and neuro-anatomy thrown in for good measure).

@nemo123, Sherlock is awesome! It's too bad that we have to wait a whole year before Season 4 comes out in January 2016.

Who dare disturbs my winter slumber??? :eek::eek:

Silly minion, hibernating in the winter is for bears, like @Oso.

Anatomy begins on Monday! Get psyched!

How's it going in Gotham buddy?

:nailbiting:

The prodigal son returns.

Have fun in anatomy! I sort of miss being in lab myself.

We start back on Monday, as well. I suspect that I'll spend a good deal of time in the Bat Cave with the Costanzo book and Shotgun Histology.

Silly minion, hibernating in the winter is for bears, like @Oso.We start back on Monday, as well. I suspect that I'll spend a good deal of time in the Bat Cave with the Costanzo book and Shotgun Histology.

Costanzo is awesome. She summed up our entire cardiovascular physio section (which was 2 months of lecture, 2x per week) in 70-80 concise pages. Prolly just gonna skip class this block and read Costanzo for pulmonary physio.

Costanzo is awesome. She summed up our entire cardiovascular physio section (which was 2 months of lecture, 2x per week) in 70-80 concise pages. Prolly just gonna skip class this block and read Costanzo for pulmonary physio.

Yeah, the Constanzo text seems to be quite popular. I've heard good things about the Dr. Najeeb lectures, too.

@SilentSoldier, thanks for the Christmas gift!

harbaugh.jpg

jim-harbaugh.jpg

Good thing I'm in med school and I'll be too busy to watch the Niners plummet into another dark age due to this INCREDIBLY STUPID, EGREGIOUS, COSTLY, UNTIMELY, EVERY OTHER NEGATIVE WORD MISTAKE.

Popping in to say happy 2015 to everyone! Just opened up AMCAS again for my deferral app (it's as terrible as I remember it to be -- maybe worse), and it inevitably brought me back here :p

Reactions: 4 users
Silly minion, hibernating in the winter is for bears, like @Oso.

Us minions have to adapt to the ways of life when we're living all the way out here in WI though :laugh:

Also starting anatomy tomorrow! I'll probably get lost and be unable to find my lab though.

Us minions have to adapt to the ways of life when we're living all the way out here in WI though :laugh:

Also starting anatomy tomorrow! I'll probably get lost and be unable to find my lab though.

Ugh it was like a high of 12 degrees in WI when I left to come back to STL. Thank God I got out of there before this super cold stretch hits.

being on Robin's list of faves:
gary_oh_yeah.gif

edit: this is quite possibly my most appropriate gif ever given the context

edit 2: @TheRobin :( why u no like my gif??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users