Class of 2019...how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@kellyq92 unfortunately not, they have Charter (I think). I usually watch it on HBO go when I get a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

I use projectfreetv.com for shows sometimes. Don't worry it's only slightly sketchy with pop ups but it always works for me!!

I lived for a year without a TV and used projectfreetv to watch all my shows. as long as you have an adblocker installed, nothing pops up and I've never had a problem

Reactions: 1 user
Projectfreetv plus adblocker is how I watch all my shows. All....one or two of them. Game of Thrones has my heart...specifically Jon Snow. And Gendry. MMMMMMM :biglove:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any Song of Ice and Fire book fans? I devoured those books. The show is pretty good. I still watch it obsessively but the books are so great and so much better IMO. Peter Drinklage is the best thing about the show. The last season was my favorite so far, mostly because it had the best material to work with :bookworm:

Book nerd out!

Reactions: 4 users
Any Song of Ice and Fire book fans? I devoured those books. The show is pretty good. I still watch it obsessively but the books are so great and so much better IMO. Peter Drinklage is the best thing about the show. The last season was my favorite so far, mostly because it had the best material to work with :bookworm:

Book nerd out!

Yes!!!! The books ARE so much better! I have never read such a big book in such little time! I have read the series twice. The wait for TWoW is killing me though.

Definitely agree on Peter Dinklage being the best thing on GoT.

If anyone here is a Stephen King fan you'll probably end up in the top 5 of my favorite people list
I've only read The Stand but I loved it. I guess I have a thing for stupidly long books :thumbup:
Oh wait, I read The Shining, too.

If anyone here is a Stephen King fan you'll probably end up in the top 5 of my favorite people list

horror_2382351b.jpg

He's one of my favorites. I've read a handful of his books and just bought a lot more to get me through the summer. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!!!! The books ARE so much better! I have never read such a big book in such little time! I have read the series twice. The wait for TWoW is killing me though.

Definitely agree on Peter Dinklage being the best thing on GoT.

I've only read up to the second book cause then I started reading classics like Jane Austen and Les Mis.....ultra book nerd?
I guess I should start up again on his books though. They were good.
If it wasn't for Peter Dinklage I have no idea if people would have loved the show this much.

I've only read up to the second book cause then I started reading classics like Jane Austen and Les Mis.....ultra book nerd?
I guess I should start up again on his books though. They were good.
If it wasn't for Peter Dinklage I have no idea if people would have loved the show this much.

Oh, Jane Austen :love: I love the classics. Favorite classic is Wuthering Heights though.

Too many good books, too little time.

Book nerd out!
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Oh, Jane Austen :love: I love the classics. Favorite classic is Wuthering Heights though.

I know how you think if your favorite book is Wuthering Heights. DEPRESSINGGGGG :p

I wish I had time to read more books, but work has got me like :yawn::eek:

Reactions: 2 users
I know how you think if your favorite book is Wuthering Heights. DEPRESSINGGGGG :p

:thinking: Huh, now that I think of it, I do have a thing for depressing stuff. Russian lit anyone? :D

Not movies though, just books. Movies gotta be funny (unless it's LOTR)

Pride and Prejudice :love:.
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

One of my favorite opening lines of a book ever. The snark is so strong,

Reactions: 5 users
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

One of my favorite opening lines of a book ever. The snark is so strong,
The whole book is super snarky. I love it! :D

Reactions: 3 users

Wuthering Heights is great. Depressing but good. I liked Agnes Grey a lot too.

The Stand is my fave :D
I have the tiniest bit of that book left to read. Like one chapter or so, I think. That's one of the worst things about vet school, it really cut into my fiction time. :lame:

I have the tiniest bit of that book left to read. Like one chapter or so, I think. That's one of the worst things about vet school, it really cut into my fiction time. :lame:
Are you reading the complete, unabridged version? Also, how do you like it?? And don't worry, my second readthrough took me about 5 months because I was working full time and also taking a class so I was usually too tired to read in my spare time.

I finished The Shining for the second time today. Still excellent.
You know, I get freaked out really easily by horror (just ask the people I watch movies with), so I wonder if I could ever make it through a horror book. Probably end up putting it in the freezer like Joey did on Friends and not sleeping for a week :p

You know, I get freaked out really easily by horror (just ask the people I watch movies with), so I wonder if I could ever make it through a horror book. Probably end up putting it in the freezer like Joey did on Friends and not sleeping for a week :p
I was gonna say The Shining isn't that bad but...there's some pretty horrific imagery in there. It's hard for me to gauge such things, I was raised on horror :D

I'm reading House of Leaves right now. It's truly the strangest book I've ever read. It's kind of a horror story...

I'm reading House of Leaves right now. It's truly the strangest book I've ever read. It's kind of a horror story...
Yeeeessss
I haven't finished it yet but I'm in love with that book. It transcends horror. I don't know what it is, but it is fantastic.

Yeeeessss
I haven't finished it yet but I'm in love with that book. It transcends horror. I don't know what it is, but it is fantastic.
Exactly! It's a fun read.

Can someone tell me how to put my school and year under my name? I'm still pretty new to the SDN.

Thanks!

By the way I am interested in small animal medicine and comparative oncology. My dream is to work on cancer studies such as the Morris animal foundation lifetime Golden Retriever study. :biglove:

Can someone tell me how to put my school and year under my name? I'm still pretty new to the SDN.

Thanks!

By the way I am interested in small animal medicine and comparative oncology. My dream is to work on cancer studies such as the Morris animal foundation lifetime Golden Retriever study. :biglove:

One of my boys is part of the study and we are very very pleased to be in it. I am very interested in what they will be finding out. Registration recently was full and we are very close to that 3000 number!! (Though Beamer boy was one of the first 100 ;) )

Reading Revival right now ... It's my bedtime story every night :shifty:
Hehe. I read it at night too. Perfect atmosphere! And I really liked it. If you haven't read Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (King's son), it had kind of a similar feel to it. Also very good.

Confession: I did that to my Old Yeller movie haha.

Hehe. I read it at night too. Perfect atmosphere! And I really liked it. If you haven't read Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (King's son), it had kind of a similar feel to it. Also very good.

Ahh I've read Heart-Shaped Box. Creepy as ****

Oh hai peoples! I just realized I can post here now. :)

So I've been reading a couple of the older c/o forums and it's making me really nervous to start school... I never really thought I would get imposter syndrome but I'm kind of feeling like I'm not going to be able to handle school. I think I will be okay but it's hard not really knowing what to expect. Anyone else in this same boat? I've been nothing but excited until now and now I'm super nervous :-/

So I've been reading a couple of the older c/o forums and it's making me really nervous to start school... I never really thought I would get imposter syndrome but I'm kind of feeling like I'm not going to be able to handle school. I think I will be okay but it's hard not really knowing what to expect. Anyone else in this same boat? I've been nothing but excited until now and now I'm super nervous :-/

I'm absolutely terrified that I won't get my thesis done and I'll have to be writing it AND doing 1st semester at the same time.

I think this is totally normal. When I got my first acceptance, I got very nervous. I was/am terrified of what will happen if I fail out of vet school. That fear fell to the back burner when I got accepted to my IS school. I think I'm as prepared as I can be, but I know it's going to be harder than anything I've done so far. A friend of mine started last fall and she said the first week was completely overwhelming, but she's gotten into it now and she works hard but still finds time to go out and have fun.

Oh, and when is it acceptable to change my status to "vet student". :D

I think this is totally normal. When I got my first acceptance, I got very nervous. I was/am terrified of what will happen if I fail out of vet school. That fear fell to the back burner when I got accepted to my IS school. I think I'm as prepared as I can be, but I know it's going to be harder than anything I've done so far. A friend of mine started last fall and she said the first week was completely overwhelming, but she's gotten into it now and she works hard but still finds time to go out and have fun.

Oh, and when is it acceptable to change my status to "vet student".
:D
This has been a long debated topic with an excellent discourse behind it. The narrative begins in the pre-allo area of the SDN forums and the idea of the status of the medical (accepted student)... BLAH BLAH BLAH @Mad Jack @WildZoo

Tbh, it doesn't matter. You are accepted, you are going to a vet school and you know which vet school it is going to be. Go and change it. Don't let any of the other grumps tell you otherwise :).

YES!!!! The nightmares of not getting in have now been replaced by the nightmares of failing/dropping out. It doesn't help that I actually know people that have failed out of vet school. Even though I know they failed out due to being complete lazy bums (one of them tried the undergrad "cram the night of the exam" method) it still freaks me out. And double yes to impostor syndrome. I still think the acceptance email was sent by mistake. >.> <.< >.>

This has been a long debated topic with an excellent discourse behind it. The narrative begins in the pre-allo area of the SDN forums and the idea of the status of the medical (accepted student)... BLAH BLAH BLAH @Mad Jack @WildZoo

Tbh, it doesn't matter. You are accepted, you are going to a vet school and you know which vet school it is going to be. Go and change it. Don't let any of the other grumps tell you otherwise :).

I actually changed it to Vet Student, but it didn't feel right so I changed it back like a minute later. It'll feel awesome to officially change the status in August. :)

YES!!!! The nightmares of not getting in have now been replaced by the nightmares of failing/dropping out. It doesn't help that I actually know people that have failed out of vet school. Even though I know they failed out due to being complete lazy bums (one of them tried the undergrad "cram the night of the exam" method) it still freaks me out. And double yes to impostor syndrome. I still think the acceptance email was sent by mistake. >.> <.< >.>

I actually changed it to Vet Student, but it didn't feel right so I changed it back like a minute later. It'll feel awesome to officially change the status in August. :)
Wasn't arguing that she should. But my point is that the thing holding her back from changing it shouldn't be others thoughts on when it should be changed. As you can see, mine is not changed, and will not be changed until I am at minimum graduated from my undergrad

Just be like Jack
252ef4342666d08fe20d72a49897b11b.jpg

In my opinion, you're not a med student until you're taking classes, and even then you don't actually qualify unless you're actually learning something :p

I zone out all the time, so I'd consider myself less a student and more a waster of seat space.

The consensus my year was that you could change it when you started classes. There was a big debate about it too, like people were taking advice from posters they thought were in vet school who hadn't even started yet blah blah blah. Honestly I don't think it really matters.
Even though I know they failed out due to being complete lazy bums (one of them tried the undergrad "cram the night of the exam" method)
Beware saying this. There are many of us currently surviving vet school who have to resort to this method in order to keep up with all the other classes. Myself included. And part of it is making sure I stay sane by not studying all the time, giving myself time to be a lazy bum. Just saying.

Reactions: 5 users

It was actually argued in pre-vet quite separately back when I was first posting here. Not everything is about pre-allo....do a search in this forum