Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, AAMC 10 and 11 are definitely worth the shot. What other AAMCs did you do?

Sounds good. The higher-numbered AAMC exams are the more recent ones, right?
I only did AAMC 3. Heheh... but the score is right where I expected it to be. Time to study ochem :dead:

Sounds good. The higher-numbered AAMC exams are the more recent ones, right?
I only did AAMC 3. Heheh... but the score is right where I expected it to be. Time to study ochem :dead:

Well, you have 3 weeks time. Are you done with content review?

The last 4 AAMCs definitely worth it (well all of them are, but last 4 are the most representative from what I have seen). @moop @nOchemallday @No Limits are additional sources of assistance.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you have 3 weeks time. Are you done with content review?

The last 4 AAMCs definitely worth it (well all of them are, but last 4 are the most representative from what I have seen). @moop @nOchemallday @No Limits are additional sources of assistance.

I finished the PR and Kap prep books I was using, haven't memorized the notecards I made but not sure if I really need to. Will probably just do practice problems and go over them :)

I finished the PR and Kap prep books I was using, haven't memorized the notecards I made but not sure if I really need to. Will probably just do practice problems and go over them :)

Yeah practice problems are definitely important. TPR science review and TBR are pretty good for practice.

For those of you who already took the MCAT, which practice exams were most helpful?
I'm probably going to do 3 more of the AAMC ones. I did #3 already. Any suggestions? :)

PR practice exams were like 500x harder than AAMC 3, and Kaplan was super easy (sigh).
To be honest, all the AAMC exams were the most helpful. I took other exams from Kaplan, TBR, Gold Standard, and TPR. The AAMC's by far were the most helpful and the most accurate.

Did you do those self assessment things from AAMC? Those were pretty helpful too.

To be honest, all the AAMC exams were the most helpful. I took other exams from Kaplan, TBR, Gold Standard, and TPR. The AAMC's by far were the most helpful and the most accurate.

Did you do those self assessment things from AAMC? Those were pretty helpful too.

You think the self assessment is worth it? I have a pretty good idea of exactly which topics I need to work on, kinda just wanted full-length scores to know what I am likely to end up with. Dang you took hella practice exams!

You think the self assessment is worth it? I have a pretty good idea of exactly which topics I need to work on, kinda just wanted full-length scores to know what I am likely to end up with. Dang you took hella practice exams!
SAs are cool. Not difficult at all if you're in mid-30 range but any AAMC practice is good. Especially for VR

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I took a lot of practice exams because I got nervous PS would screw me lol. The self assessments were great practice in my opinion so I would definitely recommend it.

Hahah ok thanks everyone. Gonna do AAMC 10 and see if I should get the SA.
Was feeling unmotivated like I'm whatever with the AAMC 3 score, don't want to study anymore...but now I'm all fired up again! 45!!!! :mad:

Do you all have MDApps? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe @hellanutella? If not 40 at least 39 I think...

Lawd no. I think phunky's average was in the 40s.

We had some gods amongst us in the good 'ol January thread.

Can attest to AAMC avg = MCAT score lol

@moop the AAMC score was really spot on for me too. Only 1 point sway in the BS from my average. (Keep in mind I took all the AAMCs within days of each other and after hardcore studying).

This is funny because we all have MDApps.... like it's right there lol. Except for @Agent B who is secretly a med student or resident trolling the hell out of us lol.

@AgentB 15K+ posts and still an enigma.

Oh is it not good to use the same username?
It depends on what kind of stuff you post. If you don't post ridiculous offensive stuff you will be fine. It seems like a lot of people use their sdn handle on their MDapps page. The ones who post racist or hateful things on the other hand probably shouldn't link their sdn account and MDapps page together.

It depends on what kind of stuff you post. If you don't post ridiculous offensive stuff you will be fine. It seems like a lot of people use their sdn handle on their MDapps page. The ones who post racist or hateful things on the other hand probably shouldn't link their sdn account and MDapps page together.

Exactly.

*** sugar binge Friday bump ***
cannoli_demo_3.jpg

cannoli forever
tumblr_mo30tcB0QQ1rltmgco1_1280.jpg

yeeeeeesssss
tumblr_m689h2zCQX1qffkwto1_500.jpg

ok, these gummy sharks were the best.
tumblr_lp07r0bEic1qcm16uo1_1280.jpg

I take my dessert tag browsing very seriously.

Hope you folks are having a saucy, sassy weekend.

AMCAS opens in 2 days!!! :eek:

O lawd.
The game is afoot. Guess I'm going to have to start tracking down transcripts soon?

And in other news, I don't think anyone has submitted my LORs yet, even though I let them know back in February... and sent them a friendly reminder two weeks ago...

O lawd.
The game is afoot. Guess I'm going to have to start tracking down transcripts soon?

And in other news, I don't think anyone has submitted my LORs yet, even though I let them know back in February... and sent them a friendly reminder two weeks ago...

OMG my LOR writers from last summer and this past autumn (december) haven't submitted either! I gently reminded them one month ago, and they all said they were working on it. ...tempted to do it again....

Somewhere on SDN I read that sending a preemptive thank-you letter really lights a fire under their butts hahahah

I feel bad since I know they're busy, but my life is in their hands :hungover:

*Individually-entering-every-college-course-I've-ever-taken-into-AMCAS bump*

*Individually-entering-every-college-course-I've-ever-taken-into-AMCAS bump*

Takes forever. So satisfying when done.
If med school doesn't work out, I think I'd like to work for AMCAS... profit???

Got bored and made some school selection choices! Not applying until next year, but thought I'd get a head start. Aiming for schools with reputable econ/policy programs, who I guess will like me more with my background and experiences.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 01.05.00 .png

Hiiiiii everyone! Finally done with the semester from hell. Working on apps now!!!! Woohoo :)

I also started working on the primary. Hope to submit by mid June at the latest. How many schools r u guys planning on applying to?

Hiiiiii everyone! Finally done with the semester from hell. Working on apps now!!!! Woohoo :)

WHOOP WHOOP! Now you can enjoy your summer... albeit a primary/secondary filled summer...

I also started working on the primary. Hope to submit by mid June at the latest. How many schools r u guys planning on applying to?

Really struggling here with my school list. I started off thinking that I'd apply to 20, but now I think I'm going to be applying to about 30. :greedy: It's going to cost almost 4K in primaries/secondaries, but I really want to avoid a reapp cycle.

I've also been trying (key word: trying) to pre-write some secondaries, but sweet jeebus some of the prompts are headache-inducing.