Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
or the year after. I haven't decided yet

What's your decision process like? If you're jealous now, maybe you should apply next cycle! :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You're applying two years from now? Damn girl you so cray cray.

I'd prefer to apply next year but my gpa isn't that good :(

What's your decision process like? If you're jealous now, maybe you should apply next cycle! :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

It pretty much depends on what my gpa is after next year and whether I have to do damage control with a post bacc...

Edit: top

Last edited:
Seize the opportunity! You are incredibly lucky to be sitting with an interview this early. This school obviously sees potential in you, all you got to do is seal the deal. Easier said then done, I know.. but you can do it. Good luck, we are all behind you :)

Man you guys are the best. I am incredibly excited don't get me wrong! lol It's with WVU.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Man you guys are the best. I am incredibly excited don't get me wrong! lol It's with WVU.
Nice! I believe @Ace Khalifa also received an interview from WVU. You guys are going to rock it!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, on hold at NYMC. Not cool for first day of the month!
I don't even think NYMC officially got my secondary after processing my fee waiver ...

In other news, I noticed UW's new curriculum starts next year. Which is pretty awesome. 1.5 yr pre-clinical! And 6 wks Step 1 study time!

And I give up on OHSU's secondary .... Been stuck for the past 2 weeks and can't figure out anything to write. Don't like what I wrote last year either .... Bleh ... There goes $37 haha

And I give up on OHSU's secondary .... Been stuck for the past 2 weeks and can't figure out anything to write. Don't like what I wrote last year either .... Bleh ... There goes $37 haha

Awwww :( I'm sorry to hear that! OHSU's brand new medical school building isn't a good enough incentive?

Awwww :( I'm sorry to hear that! OHSU's brand new medical school building isn't a good enough incentive?
I almost applied there. Then I saw that they required one semester of anatomy. Never took anatomy during college...but I did take physiology, cell bio, and one semester of biochem lol.

I almost applied there. Then I saw that they required one semester of anatomy. Never took anatomy during college...but I did take physiology, cell bio, and one semester of biochem lol.

Um I don't think ohsu requires anatomy... Hmmm at least I hope not.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if it did, you guys can still apply and get accepted without it. However, you would be expected to take the course before matriculating.

Even if it did, you guys can still apply and get accepted without it. However, you would be expected to take the course before matriculating.

Yeah. But I still have one or two prereqs left to take, so having a third would not be ideal!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Nah, someone else is in the same boat. I forgot who... For some reason Yoda keeps popping into my head, so I think his/her avatar is Yoda haha. Deferring and then going to Stanford, I believe. I want to say it's @jeghaber ?

How creepy is it of me to be quoting this post? :laugh: Yup -- I'm deferring a year so I'll be joining you, @Polonium-210!

omg your MDapps....you're... you're a legend lol. You did sooo good :bow:

Hahah, I was just fortunate that a lot of things came together at the right time in the right way. It looks like you're not off to a such a bad start yourself :) There were so many impressive and inspiring people I met during the last year's cycle, and I'm sure you'll get the chance to meet many as well, so try to enjoy the process! It's definitely a ride.

Hahah, I was just fortunate that a lot of things came together at the right time in the right way. It looks like you're not off to a such a bad start yourself :) There were so many impressive and inspiring people I met during the last year's cycle, and I'm sure you'll get the chance to meet many as well, so try to enjoy the process! It's definitely a ride.
Thanks
smiley-ashamed002.gif
Well, there are a lot of inspiring and impressive people in this thread already and I certainly hope I get a chance to meet them. Can't wait to meet more on the interview trail.

And so this week draws to a close... crossing my fingers that Monday brings in a boatload of IIs!

Going out bar hopping tonight because: a) I need to stop thinking about apps and b) I didn't end up completing the Arizona or Vermont secondaries, so I feel like I can justify blowing some of my cashmoneys on overpriced cocktails and finger-food.

Hope y'all have a relaxing and refreshing weekend. Sending good vibes out to all the folks moving back out to university for the fall semester!

Reactions: 4 users
And so this week draws to a close... crossing my fingers that Monday brings in a boatload of IIs!

Going out bar hopping tonight because: a) I need to stop thinking about apps and b) I didn't end up completing the Arizona or Vermont secondaries, so I feel like I can justify blowing some of my cashmoneys on overpriced cocktails and finger-food.

Hope y'all have a relaxing and refreshing weekend. Sending good vibes out to all the folks moving back out to university for the fall semester!
+1 for the bar hopping tonight lolz. And I also wish nothing but the best for all of you who still have 1 more year of college!

Reactions: 2 users
Is it weird that I kind of want to get my first rejection out the way now so I can just deal with the burn sooner rather than later?

Is it weird that I kind of want to get my first rejection out the way now so I can just deal with the burn sooner rather than later?
You have a whole year for that. Just relax lol.

Finally finished all my secondaries! (Except Drexel, but no essay. Hopefully.)

Oatmeal cookies to celebrate! (they got all melty and sad but still delicious :D)

eb02d908-3e19-4513-b360-bbfbae377621.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Oatmeal cookies to celebrate! (they got all melty and sad but still delicious :D)

cookie061112.png

Oh my God...I want some!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty please!!

Anyone else find that prepping for interviews forces you to consider your personal weaknesses to an uncomfortable degree?

No? Just me?

(yeah I don't have any II's yet but whatevs)

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else find that prepping for interviews forces you to consider your personal weaknesses to an uncomfortable degree?

No? Just me?

Nope; you're not alone. I always get upset when people answer the "greatest weakness" question with a no-so-negative answer, because oh my lord I can identify more than my fair share of very real, very serious weaknesses.

But Baylor appears to be just around the bend... ;) Hope this week sends plenty of IIs your way. You've more than deserved them.

Nope; you're not alone. I always get upset when people answer the "greatest weakness" question with a no-so-negative answer, because oh my lord I can identify more than my fair share of very real, very serious weaknesses.

I've actually been having a bit of difficulty with the "describe a time you failed" question. I have plenty of failures that I could list, but I feel like they'd look at it and insta-reject. On the other hand I don't want to talk about too light of a failure because I refuse to just tiptoe around the question. Gotta find my goldilocks failure - one that's just right.

No? Just me?

Same here - I've even had that with some secondary essays, but definitely some of these interview questions are making me highly introspective and critical of myself (ha, like I need even more of that!)... No IIs here either, so reading through old questions almost makes me feel like I'm getting ahead of myself. But, gotta prepare at some point. Good luck to you!

No? Just me?

I really only got the "greatest weakness"/"a time you failed" question once and it was from a psychiatrist who filled the entire hour with questions like that. All of my other interviews were much more natural, with only about half of them even asking the "why medicine" question. I personally found the secondary-writing process to be a much more harrowing journey in terms of forced/uncomfortable self-reflection :laugh:

Where are you looking for past interview questions? Or just the interview feedback pages here on SDN?

Where are you looking for past interview questions? Or just the interview feedback pages here on SDN?

Just the interview feedback here! I'm not aware of any other large source of med school specific questions, although there are lots of other sources out there for just general interview questions (greatest strength/weakness, etc.)

WOOHOOO! Congrats! You must feel so relieved

This weekend I hardly looked at my phone or SDN, hung out and played a lot of sports, watched a few movies, and just chilled. It was great compared to the past few weeks of secondary hell.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone watched House of Cards? I'm not usually one for political type shows but I just started watching it and it is ridiculously good.

Has anyone watched House of Cards? I'm not usually one for political type shows but I just started watching it and it is ridiculously good.

Yes, it's one of my favorite shows! All the schemes, dialogue, and actors are just fantastic, I really can't wait for the third season.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO @turayza and @Person0715 for getting Vandy IIs, and to @hellanutella for a USC II!!!! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry -- let me know and I'll give you a congratulatory post too hehe these were just the three I happened to see!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I KNEW YOU WOULD DO SO WELL YAY YAY YAY SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU :soexcited::clap::highfive::thumbup::claps:

edit: looks like @Person0715 also got an Einstein II today!! Amazing!!!!!! :) Great job!!!!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO @turayza and @Person0715 for getting Vandy IIs, and to @hellanutella for a USC II!!!! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry -- let me know and I'll give you a congratulatory post too hehe these were just the three I happened to see!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I KNEW YOU WOULD DO SO WELL YAY YAY YAY SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU :soexcited::clap::highfive::thumbup::claps:

edit: looks like @Person0715 also got an Einstein II today!! Amazing!!!!!! :) Great job!!!!

Omg I am sooooo excited... and relieved hahah. Thanks sunflower :D And congrats to all the other IIs today! Hope to see some of you on the trail :biglove:

@Person0715 haha have you chosen a date yet?

Omg I am sooooo excited... and relieved hahah. Thanks sunflower :D And congrats to all the other IIs today! Hope to see some of you on the trail :biglove:

smiley-dance003.gif
create.php
smiley-dance003.gif

Could not be happier for you, congrats!!

Congrats to all who got interviews today!!

I have yet to choose a date. What about you?

Holy cow, wow @Person0715! :D What an incredible day for you! I think @sunflower18 and I can agree that the 2-for-1 II days are simply surreal.

And woooooooooooooo @turayza! Nothing feels better than that first II. You guys are going to do splendidly! Have a fantastic time out in Nashville.

Reactions: 3 users
OMG y'all are amazing! Here's to more II's for everyone this month!

I'd given up on the day earlier this afternoon, but Duke surprised me about an hour ago with my first II!

Feeling extremely grateful right now, and happy someone works late out in Durham. :)

Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 13 users
I'd given up on the day earlier this afternoon, but Duke surprised me about an hour ago with my first II!

Feeling extremely grateful right now, and happy someone works late out in Durham. :)

YESSSS! Congratulations! :D It must have been a nasty wait, but it was bound to happen! Be sure to take the evening off and celebrate. Seriously – given Duke's beastly secondary you more than deserve it.

Now you just have to wait until Baylor rolls out their next wave of IIs! It's going to be an excellent week for you!

So so happy for you!!! Duke is such a great school. I'm sure this is just the beginning of an incredibly successful cycle for you.

Posted using SDN Mobile