Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much:)

Monday was pretty quite hopefully today will bring in tons of interviews for everyone!!

YAY CONGRATS!! :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally able to joint he interview train with Case. Hopefully some more come my way soon.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No II love today. :(

Maybe in the afternoon ...

This waiting sucks ....

Anyways, day 2 of genotyping (day 1 of my other half .. -_-)

OMG UNC II HOLY ARCEUS WHAT IS LIFE RIGHT NOW?!?

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats @Lamel!! That's amazing!!!

Sorry @joonage :( that's sad. But you have other schools to be excited about!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Woof.

We always say "Tomorrow will be the big day!" And 9 times out of 10 it never is. :(

Just got a rejection from IU..... :(

Chin up Joon! I'm sure better news is on its way... besides, Indiana isn't as awesome as most of the other states. ;) And they don't have Papa Hadyn cake.

WHOOOOOOOOO ACE! :D Good to get love from your home state (I think you're a NC-er, correct?)! Can't wait to see how your II goes. It seems your honest, passionate approach to your ECs is paying off!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all you guys with II today!!!! That's awesome news!! :clap:

I hope I hear from some OOS schools soon!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no II love for me.... watching all your guys II's is making me jealous haha. Congrats though thats so awesome!

CONGRATS!!!! I didn't see your post before I posted mine!! That's so awesome -- I know that's one of your top choices (if not your very top choice)!! You should be so excited :)

Eh ... I DIDN'T WANT TO LIVE IN INDIANA ANYWAYS!!!!!!
2ePomoPl.jpg

Anyways, this cheered me up today:
5py4lOjl.jpg

All my tubes fit perfectly in the centrifuge. :banana: I guess it was a good thing that I split the samples ....

Still no II love for me.... watching all your guys II's is making me jealous haha. Congrats though thats so awesome!
Don't worry, the longer it takes for us to get our first ones means we'll get a TSUNAMI wave of IIs later. :barf:
Congrats to everyone who already has em!

Reactions: 3 users
@No Limits, you are killing it! Congrats on that II surge! (I think the penguin thing does work?) Miami is going to wowed by you.

Back to the waiting game...

Don't worry, the longer it takes for us to get our first ones means we'll get a TSUNAMI wave of IIs later. :barf:
Congrats to everyone who already has em!
So True, I'm liking the way you think... and I need to learn how to make smileys like that haha, so awesome.

@No Limits, you are killing it! Congrats on that II surge! (I think the penguin thing does work?) Miami is going to wowed by you.

Back to the waiting game...
Haha, thanks. Perhaps it is the penguin avatar... not sure but I'm keeping it now lol.

The waiting game blows, I'm sorry :( Then again, you're a killer applicant. You wont be waiting for long:)

It's still super early. Perhaps they are saving the best for last :) Keeping my fingers cross for those without interviews yet:xf:

It's still super early. Perhaps they are saving the best for last :) Keeping my fingers cross for those without interviews yet:xf:
Everyone on here is just too kind!!! I can't even take it haha

Like a few of you guys have mentioned, I'm having one of those long tiring days where things just don't seem to be clicking into place. Also, I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about the looming school year and my interviews... Normally I turn to comfort food/sugary goodness to drown my neuroticism, but I haven't eaten candy/pastries/whatever in almost 2 weeks... I'm proud of myself for that, but now what do I do?! Nothing seems to have as strong of healing powers as chocolate! Anyone have any alternative remedies for the blues?

Reactions: 3 users
Like a few of you guys have mentioned, I'm having one of those long tiring days where things just don't seem to be clicking into place. Also, I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about the looming school year and my interviews... Normally I turn to comfort food/sugary goodness to drown my neuroticism, but I haven't eaten candy/pastries/whatever in almost 2 weeks... I'm proud of myself for that, but now what do I do?! Nothing seems to have as strong of healing powers as chocolate! Anyone have any alternative remedies for the blues?
I play computer games ... on top of eating .................................. so that really doesn't help. hahaha

Anyways, done with day 2 (and day 1) for genotyping. My whole arm hurts from so much pipetting ... Next time I'm not going to attempt to do so many at once .... lol

Usually nothing helps me escape an awful day (or week... or month...) like a fantasy book or good tv show/movie (and food, of course, but like you I have been trying to stay away from sweets and bread). What are your favorite activities? Go do those! Maybe even a scenic walk or run would help? For me, I would probably go to dance class and then spend the whole day reading or binge watching shows.

Playing video games with some friends. Smacking my friends on mario kart always makes me feel better :nod:
giphy.gif

Everyone keep your head up! There's still hope left. I suggest everyone take things 1 day at a time. Live each day to the fullest because you never know when good news or bad news could happen. As for me, I'm really grateful to have received an II from UNC. I'm now enjoying myself at a concert featuring my man Wiz Khalifa!! Good luck to everyone this week and the rest of this month!!

Spend time cooking some good food, have a nice chat with my roommates and listen to soft, relaxing music. I listen to this: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Audiophi...id=1407886759&sr=8-3&keywords=best+audiophile

Everyone keep your head up! There's still hope left. I suggest everyone take things 1 day at a time. Live each day to the fullest because you never know when good news or bad news could happen. As for me, I'm really grateful to have received an II from UNC. I'm now enjoying myself at a concert featuring my man Wiz Khalifa!! Good luck to everyone this week and the rest of this month!!
...you're at a concert...while posting on SDN...boy you don't know how to do life do you :smack:

So it was a really good day for No Limits and @Lamel! (Srsly, how awesome is it when your first II is followed up with another II?) Congrats to all. Hope this just a small taste of what's to follow. Sending lots of good vibes out to you all – especially for all those still waiting on their first IIs.

Also: here, have the ugliest drawing known to man. If your avatar isn't in here (lol most everyone) it's because I needed to get back to work and/or I have no idea how to draw it.

5Lhu1LL.jpg

If anyone is wondering, the Paper app is probably one of the best procrastination outlets ever. I try to take 10 min breaks throughout the day to loosen up and aimlessly doodle. It keeps me from getting the awful "ow-I-pipetted-too-much" hand cramp.

Reactions: 13 users
So it was a really good day for No Limits and @Lamel! (Srsly, how awesome is it when your first II is followed up with another II?) Congrats to all. Hope this just a small taste of what's to follow. Sending lots of good vibes out to you all – especially for all those still waiting on their first IIs.

Also: here, have the ugliest drawing known to man. If your avatar isn't in here (lol most everyone) it's because I needed to get back to work and/or I have no idea how to draw it.

5Lhu1LL.jpg

If anyone is wondering, the Paper app is probably one of the best procrastination outlets ever. I try to take 10 min breaks throughout the day to loosen up and aimlessly doodle. It keeps me from getting the awful "ow-I-pipetted-too-much" hand cramp.

That is a pretty kick-ass drawing! Haha all featured should frame it next to their acceptance letters. And yay another way for me to procrastinate - it's what I do best! :heckyeah:

5Lhu1LL.jpg

Where am I :( :cryi:

5Lhu1LL.jpg

Haha this made me laugh. This is pretty rad.

5Lhu1LL.jpg

This is awesome!!! You nailed some of these!! Who is the fox? I didn't recognise that one

Posted using SDN Mobile

It looks like Lucario? Don't know whose avatar it is though haha.

Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile

I agree, it does look like Lucario! Good call.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Maybe it's Ace Khalifa's avatar?

Edit: Also, I'm trying out my own penguin avatar to see what all the fuss is about. :) Perhaps it will bring some luck - or at the very least help me with dealing with all this waiting! All right penguins, phasers at the ready... (I seriously need sleep at this point)

Last edited:

5Lhu1LL.jpg

I LOVE THIS!
wVoDSgL.jpg

My avatar is actually MEGA Lucario (It's a legit game mechanic as of 6th gen X/Y). Also, that Wiz concert was so dope! Look how close I got when he disappeared off stage and reappeared in the middle of the crowd!
1453347_10204654187298268_4071448302573189789_n.jpg

5Lhu1LL.jpg

There are no words to describe the level of awesomeness that is this picture....

Last edited:
Awh, thanks guys!

Hahaha, I thought @Ace Khalifa was Lucario. My Pokemon-identifying skills are in need of serious brush up. After gen 1 I sort of gave up on memorizing their names.

EDIT: TOP TOP TOP
macaroni.jpg

Here's a macaroni penguin – one of the most underrated penguins.

I guess I have to do this because @moop says so:

~*~*buffer*~*~