Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys ever sift through school threads from previous years, see all the hopefuls getting their first IIs and encouraging each other, and then reading their mdapps to see where they ended up? I think it's funny, almost like I'm looking into the future for these people. Also, from what I've seen at least, the people with the first IIs usually get accepted and often choose that school to matriculate in.

...Clearly I need a hobby. But there's still too much free time!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys ever sift through school threads from previous years, see all the hopefuls getting their first IIs and encouraging each other, and then reading their mdapps to see where they ended up? I think it's funny, almost like I'm looking into the future for these people. Also, from what I've seen at least, the people with the first IIs usually get accepted and often choose that school to matriculate in.

I must admit, I've read through the mdapps pages of several current med students. It's always encouraging seeing people who had so many interviews, especially when the II dates were later than 8/20.
P.S., I just saw your mdapps, and I'm sure with those stats/ECs you'll be getting many IIs and acceptances :)

Yes I absolutely do that too hahaha it's cool!! I also look if they got passed over early on to see if they ever got interviews...

CONGRATS TO @hellanutella FOR NORTHWESTERN YOURE AMAZING

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
@L. Beethoven thank you! I can only hope.. All quiet on the western front so far. If you're applying this year, good luck to you as well!

@hellanutella is amazing duh. Probably gets all that awesomeness form eating nutella. Congratulations!!

Rejected at two places today. Yikes. But I expected nothing there anyway. Really wanting to send some schools an update though.

Sorry to hear that @claduva94, rejections really stink. But hey, at least you already have one interview! Imagine how scary it would be to get rejections without a single interview yet, just because the timing worked out that way and not because it's indicative of the rest of your cycle. Don't feel discouraged! Everything's just beginning.

I would love to update schools in october-ish, but I'm struggling on finding new things to do. I applied to a few research positions but haven't heard back yet.

Sorry to hear that @claduva94, rejections really stink. But hey, at least you already have one interview! Imagine how scary it would be to get rejections without a single interview yet, just because the timing worked out that way and not because it's indicative of the rest of your cycle. Don't feel discouraged! Everything's just beginning.

I would love to update schools in october-ish, but I'm struggling on finding new things to do. I applied to a few research positions but haven't heard back yet.
I actually have four. MDApplicants just isn't working for me :p I have a few new awards, grades, and a publication which I think could help out my application to some research heavy schools. I'd rather do it early before they can reject me. :rofl:

I actually have four. MDApplicants just isn't working for me :p I have a few new awards, grades, and a publication which I think could help out my application to some research heavy schools. I'd rather do it early before they can reject me. :rofl:

Well that's even better!!! Your update sounds like a winner. Hey, why not go for it?

@L. Beethoven thank you! I can only hope.. All quiet on the western front so far. If you're applying this year, good luck to you as well!

@hellanutella is amazing duh. Probably gets all that awesomeness form eating nutella. Congratulations!!

Thanks! I am applying this cycle, so far 2 rejections, 2 holds, and 3IIs. I was super shocked/excited that my first interview is for Cornell!! So go big or go home I guess.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! I am applying this cycle, so far 2 rejections, 2 holds, and 3IIs. I was super shocked/excited that my first interview is for Cornell!! So go big or go home I guess.

Ahhhh so jealous about Cornell! It's basically my dream school and I'm still crossing my fingers so hard for it. Congratulations!!!

Sorry @claduva94 :( What schools, if I may ask? I have yet to get my first rejection... I'm sort of worried I'm just gonna get slammed with 5 or 6 all at once, haha. But at least I'll have a final answer from them and I can stop thinking/worrying about them!

Ahhhh so jealous about Cornell! It's basically my dream school and I'm still crossing my fingers so hard for it. Congratulations!!!

Sorry @claduva94 :( What schools, if I may ask? I have yet to get my first rejection... I'm sort of worried I'm just gonna get slammed with 5 or 6 all at once, haha. But at least I'll have a final answer from them and I can stop thinking/worrying about them!
Its ok! :) I wasn't expecting anything at them and I like the schools I have interviews at better anyway :). Oakland (which was probably based on fit) and Case (totally BSed those essays and my 9 on verbal didn't help). Just kinda annoying they don't email you if they reject you...

Thank you! Haha, tell you what, how 'bout you put in a good word for me at NYU, I'll mention that Cornell needs to interview Sunflower as well, and then more II's for everyone. Hope Cornell sends an email your way soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Its ok! :) I wasn't expecting anything at them and I like the schools I have interviews at better anyway :). Oakland (which was probably based on fit) and Case (totally BSed those essays and my 9 on verbal didn't help). Just kinda annoying they don't email you if they reject you...

Good!!! I'm glad! I keep checking your MDApps but nothing's changed :( We're interviewing at Albany on the same day, right? I don't know a whole lot about the school but it'll be good to learn more! What other interviews do you have lined up?

Ahhh Case doesn't email you?! I should probably check my status... Definitely expecting a rejection there...

Thank you! Haha, tell you what, how 'bout you put in a good word for me at NYU, I'll mention that Cornell needs to interview Sunflower as well, and then more II's for everyone. Hope Cornell sends an email your way soon!

Sounds like a great plan!!! Will do :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I was rejected at Oakland too. I think the worst part is seeing all these schools that sent out waves of IIs but still haven't sent anything yes, no or maybe.

Hey, I was rejected at Oakland too. I think the worst part is seeing all these schools that sent out waves of IIs but still haven't sent anything yes, no or maybe.

Yes yes yes a million times yes

I'm especially looking at you, Mayo! ...and UC Irvine, UC Davis, NYU, Mount Sinai, and like a hundred other schools

Reactions: 1 users
Good!!! I'm glad! I keep checking your MDApps but nothing's changed :( We're interviewing at Albany on the same day, right? I don't know a whole lot about the school but it'll be good to learn more! What other interviews do you have lined up?

Ahhh Case doesn't email you?! I should probably check my status... Definitely expecting a rejection there...

Sounds like a great plan!!! Will do :thumbup:
Yeah I haven't been able to log on. Server issues for some reason. Maybe it will let me log in at the places I interview :shrug:
I think we are interviewing the same day so it should be fun! I'm also going to Einstein, Tulane, and Indiana so far. I check yours a lot too because we have similar stats but your ECs are far more killer :p

I'm especially looking at you, Mayo! ...and UC Irvine, UC Davis, NYU, Mount Sinai, and like a hundred other schools
Lol I'm waiting on those too. And UVA. I would so love to stay here.

Yeah I haven't been able to log on. Server issues for some reason. Maybe it will let me log in at the places I interview :shrug:
I think we are interviewing the same day so it should be fun! I'm also going to Einstein, Tulane, and Indiana so far. I check yours a lot too because we have similar stats but your ECs are far more killer :p

That's so strange!! I'm really excited for you about those schools though :) We do have similar stats!! And hey now, your ECs look really great. You seem to have put a lot of time and effort into each of your activities, while I worry that I may have done a bunch of things but none at a deep enough level of commitment, which makes me look flighty and indecisive (though I'm not! It just looks like that on paper..). Breadth vs depth, maybe. But I think you're in great shape and are going to have a lot of success! :) I'm excited to see how this cycle goes for you! And to meet you in a month and a half too!

That's so strange!! I'm really excited for you about those schools though :) We do have similar stats!! And hey now, your ECs look really great. You seem to have put a lot of time and effort into each of your activities, while I worry that I may have done a bunch of things but none at a deep enough level of commitment, which makes me look flighty and indecisive (though I'm not! It just looks like that on paper..). Breadth vs depth, maybe. But I think you're in great shape and are going to have a lot of success! :) I'm excited to see how this cycle goes for you! And to meet you in a month and a half too!
I think it will be fun and awkward to meet so many people that we only know by screen names :thinking:. But what you mention is what I like about admissions. There are so many different ways to stand out so you are bound to end up with like-minded and interesting people :). Like we both do the very strict scheduling thing haha.

Congratulations x ∞ on Columbia! Hope that trend holds true for you!

I think I recall one of the Pitt MS1 mentioning that a majority of the people he met on his interview day (the first day offered) ended up matriculating there. Kind of an interesting trend; I'd be interested to see some stats on that.

Congratulations x ∞ on Columbia! Hope that trend holds true for you!

I think I recall one of the Pitt MS1 mentioning that a majority of the people he met on his interview day (the first day offered) ended up matriculating there. Kind of an interesting trend; I'd be interested to see some stats on that.
I think it is because we all hold a special place in your heart for the school that first gave an invite :love:.

Yes I absolutely do that too hahaha it's cool!! I also look if they got passed over early on to see if they ever got interviews...

CONGRATS TO @hellanutella FOR NORTHWESTERN YOURE AMAZING

Posted using SDN Mobile

THANK YOU! Now I get to eat ALL the deep dish pizza!

Thank you so much! I honestly wasn't expecting the number of IIs I have received. I have been eating a lot of nutella lately... looks like I'll just have to continue in the hopes it's an II-magnet?

PSA: Kids, nutella will make you awesome, but it will also give you the chubs. Use with caution and moderation.

One II, one small pool, no rejections. Can still be hopeful. :) Congrats to @hellanutella and others for beastin it so far. Of course, it is well-deserved for all the work they put in over the years.

Thank you again and again! You guys are far too kind. Hope you have plenty IIs up-and-coming!

@claduva94 awh, shucks man. You have 4 awesome IIs though, and I am crossing my fingers UVA sends you an II pronto. That way you can stay close to your cookie delivery service, too. ;) I'm sure I have plenty of rejections heading my way – no school is safe.

@L. Beethoven a big, huge congrats to you on Cornell! :D Hope to see you there!

I think it will be fun and awkward to meet so many people that we only know by screen names :thinking:. But what you mention is what I like about admissions. There are so many different ways to stand out so you are bound to end up with like-minded and interesting people :). Like we both do the very strict scheduling thing haha.

I know!! I wonder how many people will figure out who I am and vice versa... I guess I won't know unless they come to me and ask, or message me on here haha. I've been really open and un-anonymous, so we'll see. It'll be funny!

Yeah, I think admissions does a good job of selecting fit. So if I don't get an II somewhere, I shouldn't be too bummed because I might not have fit in there anyway. Wait what strict scheduling thing?

Ahhhh oh my gosh I can't wait to see where we all end up!! I'm gonna think about it for a bit and then predict where everyone will be matriculating, and then save my post somewhere so I can see if I got any of them right hahaha

I know!! I wonder how many people will figure out who I am and vice versa... I guess I won't know unless they come to me and ask, or message me on here haha. I've been really open and un-anonymous, so we'll see. It'll be funny!

Yeah, I think admissions does a good job of selecting fit. So if I don't get an II somewhere, I shouldn't be too bummed because I might not have fit in there anyway. Wait what strict scheduling thing?

Ahhhh oh my gosh I can't wait to see where we all end up!! I'm gonna think about it for a bit and then predict where everyone will be matriculating, and then save my post somewhere so I can see if I got any of them right hahaha
I'm betting NYU for you ;) And you have mentioned how you carefully plan out your day and organize your time. I do the exact same thing. My google calendar is atrocious for next semester :confused:

I'm betting NYU for you ;) And you have mentioned how you carefully plan out your day and organize your time. I do the exact same thing. My google calendar is atrocious for next semester :confused:

I would be SO HAPPY oh man. I love NYU so much.

Oh! Yes! I absolutely do that. I use iCal and looking at it simultaneously makes me very happy and want to cry hahaha. Happy cause it's organized, Cry because it's insanely busy. I'm glad that you are the same way and don't think I'm crazy, like all my other friends do! :)

Ok, I haven't done this for every poster on this thread because that would be really hard. I basically chose people who had MDApps that were convenient to locate hahaha. Let me know if you want me to use my amateur psychic abilities to see into your future and I will gladly do so ;)

I predict that these applicants will matriculate at....
@No Limits - Columbia
@hellanutella - UCSF
@claduva94 - UVA
@gettheleadout - Pritzker
@turayza - Vanderbilt
@joonage - UW
@Bovary - Duke
@Ace Khalifa - UNC

Let's see how this turns out.... hahaha
Disclaimer: This is all in good fun and not based on anything other than naivety and enthusiasm. Please don't be offended or too excited by my interpretation of your future :D

Reactions: 7 users
Ok, I haven't done this for every poster on this thread because that would be really hard. I basically chose people who had MDApps that were convenient to locate hahaha. Let me know if you want me to use my amateur psychic abilities to see into your future and I will gladly do so ;)

@No Limits - Columbia
@hellanutella - UCSF
@claduva94 - UVA
@turayza - Vanderbilt
@joonage - UW
@Bovary - Duke
@Ace Khalifa - UNC

Disclaimer: This is all in good fun and not based on anything other than naivety and enthusiasm. Please don't be offended or too excited by my interpretation of your future :D

While I don't have any comments about the actual school selections, I find it interesting you don't think any of them will end up at the same school.

While I don't have any comments about the actual school selections, I find it interesting you don't think any of them will end up at the same school.

haha I didn't mean it that way! I just wanted to be as diverse as possible in my school selections!

UNC is still my top choice, and I'm still grateful they invited me for the interviews and medical school campus tour. A lot of it probably does have to do with IS advantage, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

@sunflower18, where do you predict yourself matriculating?

EDIT: Top?

@No Limits - Columbia
@hellanutella - UCSF
@claduva94 - UVA
@turayza - Vanderbilt
@joonage - UW
@Bovary - Duke
@Ace Khalifa - UNC

Hahah this is a good spread! And great schools all around :D Super excited to start seeing the first acceptances in this thread!!

Since I (among countless others) have joined the Penguin Army recently... Who's our leader/founding penguin? @ProbablyAPenguin?
Take me to your leader.
Hungry_Cat.jpg

UNC is still my top choice, and I'm still grateful they invited me for the interviews and medical school campus tour. A lot of it probably does have to do with IS advantage, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

@sunflower18, where do you predict yourself matriculating?

EDIT: Top?

I'm sticking with my prediction ;) You're gonna do great!!

I honestly don't know! Care to pull out your crystal ball and take a gander? ;) @claduva94 thinks NYU!

Hahah this is a good spread! And great schools all around :D Super excited to start seeing the first acceptances in this thread!!

I know! Me too!! :D Starting mid-October, we'll have to have regular parties in this thread to congratulate and celebrate :D

@No Limits - Columbia
@hellanutella - UCSF
@claduva94 - UVA
@gettheleadout - Harvard
@turayza - Vanderbilt
@joonage - UW
@Bovary - Duke
@Ace Khalifa - UNC
@ProbablyAPenguin - Hopkins
@Person0715 - Washu
@Lamel - Yale
@Copernicium - Pritzker
@sunflower18 - Cornell
@wolverine2015grad - Stanford
@Abstractions - UCSD

:) That would be amazing! I fixed a couple for you! It's hard to do everyone else because not everyone has an MDapps so we don't know the schools they applied to or their top choices.

:) That would be amazing! I fixed a couple for you! It's hard to do everyone else because not everyone has an MDapps so we don't know the schools they applied to or their top choices.
Good choice! I love sunshine and spending the next 4 years in San Diego would be amazing.

Edit: Does anyone know if UCSD is still H/P/F for the first two years? Thats my only knock against the school (I'm really hoping for a school with true P/F the first two years!)

Last edited:

That's why I left a few people off -- I couldn't find their profiles or remember where they really wanted to end up! I'm a fan of your edits and updates, though :) And I like your choice for me too :D

That's why I left a few people off -- I couldn't find their profiles or remember where they really wanted to end up! I'm a fan of your edits and updates, though :) And I like your choice for me too :D
I really should make an MDApps... but remaining somewhat clandestine is more fun!

Blushing madly at the idea of attending Stanford. Goodness, August 2015 can't come soon enough.

I really should make an MDApps... but remaining somewhat clandestine is more fun!

You should make one! It's nice to know where people are at and help watch their progress and cheer them on :)

Blushing madly at the idea of attending Stanford. Goodness, August 2015 can't come soon enough.

I am entirely confident in your ability to get into Stanford! :)

THANK YOU! Now I get to eat ALL the deep dish pizza!

Thank you so much! I honestly wasn't expecting the number of IIs I have received. I have been eating a lot of nutella lately... looks like I'll just have to continue in the hopes it's an II-magnet?

PSA: Kids, nutella will make you awesome, but it will also give you the chubs. Use with caution and moderation.

Thank you again and again! You guys are far too kind. Hope you have plenty IIs up-and-coming!

@claduva94 awh, shucks man. You have 4 awesome IIs though, and I am crossing my fingers UVA sends you an II pronto. That way you can stay close to your cookie delivery service, too. ;) I'm sure I have plenty of rejections heading my way – no school is safe.

@L. Beethoven a big, huge congrats to you on Cornell! :D Hope to see you there!

THANK YOU! I was so surprised to see the email from Cornell last week. My UG has very, very few med school applicants, so I'm the first one from my school to interview at an Ivy. The whole getting an II thing is crazy exciting! And it looks like you've got quite a pile of IIs racked up yourself! When are you headed to Cornell?

THANK YOU! I was so surprised to see the email from Cornell last week. My UG has very, very few med school applicants, so I'm the first one from my school to interview at an Ivy. The whole getting an II thing is crazy exciting! And it looks like you've got quite a pile of IIs racked up yourself! When are you headed to Cornell?

Me too!! :) Except I'm interviewing at Brown, not Cornell. Woohoo small UGs!

Just dropping by to wish everyone the best of luck during this application cycle!

This process was as exhilarating as it was stressful, and I'm sure y'all will do great.

Let's see if my Disgusted Penguin gets me an II tomorrow morning. Good night everyone~~~

Reactions: 4 users
Me too!! :) Except I'm interviewing at Brown, not Cornell. Woohoo small UGs!
Way to raise the bar! And good to be reminded not everyone comes from a huge school with hundreds of applicants :)

I'm with joonage- I'm not going to get my hopes up, but maybe there will be some emails in the inbox tomorrow morning :xf:

W0w... gone for one day, and I miss everything!

Since I (among countless others) have joined the Penguin Army recently... Who's our leader/founding penguin? @ProbablyAPenguin?

^hehe that's me! I'm famous!

Please let it be true....

My predictions might be changing...... @No Limits could very well end up a Blue Devil next year!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON A DUKE II! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 3 users