Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Killin' it out here @No Limits !!!! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
My predictions might be changing...... @No Limits could very well end up a Blue Devil next year!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON A DUKE II! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!

Killin' it out here @No Limits !!!! Congrats!

Thanks guys:) I'm so happy and excited I can't even contain myself.
peppy-penguin-funny-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wishing everyone well today. Hopefully everyone gets some love today! :xf:

Thanks guys:) I'm so happy and excited I can't even contain myself.
peppy-penguin-funny-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wishing everyone well today. Hopefully everyone gets some love today! :xf:

Ahhhh congrats!!!!!!!!! You're killing it!! Penguin revolution!

Members don't see this ad :)
Boo ... no interview this morning. :(

But I hope your predictions are right @sunflower18! (Although I would't mind UCLA either .... :p)

II from Cornell today. Hope to see some of you guys in NYC!

Lol @joonage, love your new avatar

Reactions: 5 users
My predictions might be changing...... @No Limits could very well end up a Blue Devil next year!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON A DUKE II! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!
I want a prediction!!! No definitive MCAT score yet, but 3.84 cgpa, 3.74 sgpa, 3 year science teacher nontrad, 200 hours medical volunteer work, 31 AAMC MCAT average, some social science research and a little biology research but no publications, two Bachelors' degrees (Human Development and Family Science and Microbiology), Texas schools. Not applying to Baylor, but applying to UTMB in Galveston (a top choice), UTSCSA (another top choice), UT Southwestern, A&M, Texas Tech, Foster in El Paso, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, and UT Houston. I'd be thrilled to get in anywhere!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I want a prediction!!! No definitive MCAT score yet, but 3.84 cgpa, 3.74 sgpa, 3 year science teacher nontrad, 200 hours medical volunteer work, 31 AAMC MCAT average, some social science research and a little biology research but no publications, two Bachelors' degrees (Human Development and Family Science and Microbiology), Texas schools. Not applying to Baylor, but applying to UTMB in Galveston (a top choice), UTHSCSA (another top choice), UT Southwestern, A&M, Texas Tech, Foster in El Paso, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, and UT Houston. I'd be thrilled to get in anywhere!!

Great!!! Very helpful info. Your app sounds really strong and I bet you'll have your choice of schools... And you'll matriculate at UTSCSA!!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I'm curious if some of my secondary essays are "better" than others. Maybe the challenge I overcame happens to be a lot more compelling than my diversity statement? At the end of the cycle, I might see if the schools that interviewed me happened to get similar essays from me for their secondaries.

I'm curious if some of my secondary essays are "better" than others. Maybe the challenge I overcame happens to be a lot more compelling than my diversity statement? At the end of the cycle, I might see if the schools that interviewed me happened to get similar essays from me for their secondaries.

I'm interested to look at that as well!

Posted using SDN Mobile

II from Cornell today. Hope to see some of you guys in NYC!

Lol @joonage, love your new avatar

Somehow I missed this! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Like I've been telling everyone, put in a good word for me while you're there! ;)

Posted using SDN Mobile

I want a prediction!!! No definitive MCAT score yet, but 3.84 cgpa, 3.74 sgpa, 3 year science teacher nontrad, 200 hours medical volunteer work, 31 AAMC MCAT average, some social science research and a little biology research but no publications, two Bachelors' degrees (Human Development and Family Science and Microbiology), Texas schools. Not applying to Baylor, but applying to UTMB in Galveston (a top choice), UTHSCSA (another top choice), UT Southwestern, A&M, Texas Tech, Foster in El Paso, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, and UT Houston. I'd be thrilled to get in anywhere!!
Haha I think we are just guessing based on whichever II is first... nothing like a first love right ;)

Time to make a matrix. Maybe we can pool our data and publish a paper on medical school admissions and secondary essays :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I think we are just guessing based on whichever II is first... nothing like a first love right ;)

Time to make a matrix. Maybe we can pool our data and publish a paper on medical school admissions and secondary essays :p

That wasn't what my predictions were based on actually! Nobody predicted that I ended up at my first interview place either ;)

Yes!! Then we can send it in as updates to our apps... Oh wait

Posted using SDN Mobile

HOLY COW! Congrats @No Limits and @Person0715! You guys are unstoppable!

For all you Cornell-ers, I'll be there the first week of September. A little nervous, because it's one of my top choices and only my second interview... :( Hope to see some of you on my II day!

So far, I've received a 2/3 II response for secondaries that used my autobiographical statement. Most of the other IIs came from schools where I used my challenge essay (it really does put my entire college career into context, so that's understandable). I've also had good luck (3/5) with my "why this school essays." However, my diversity statement is comparatively weak... and my II results reflect that; only about 2/10.

I also was a bit worried that I was only getting IIs from places that didn't ask for a photo, but then I got a few later on. I guess my face didn't end up scaring too many people off. :p

@hellanutella I was actually starting to get angsty about the photo too!! I was like hmmm... Is my face turning them off? Do I look too flighty? I do, don't I. They won't think I'm a serious doctor!!

But then I got an II from a school with a photo and it was ok :p

HOLY COW! Congrats @No Limits and @Person0715! You guys are unstoppable!

For all you Cornell-ers, I'll be there the first week of September. A little nervous, because it's one of my top choices and only my second interview... :( Hope to see some of you on my II day!

So far, I've received a 2/3 II response for secondaries that used my autobiographical statement. Most of the other IIs came from schools where I used my challenge essay (it really does put my entire college career into context, so that's understandable). I've also had good luck (3/5) with my "why this school essays." However, my diversity statement is comparatively weak... and my II results reflect that; only about 2/10.

I also was a bit worried that I was only getting IIs from places that didn't ask for a photo, but then I got a few later on. I guess my face didn't end up scaring too many people off. :p
Thank you and congrats on Northwestern!

Congrats on UPenn @infinitessimal !!

Last edited:
Hubba hubba UPenn? Congratulations, nutella comrade @infinitessimal! Your cycle really is picking up speed!

Ahaha, I'm glad someone can share in my slight paranoia. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! I love the support on this thread.

And now, on to travel arrangements... the least favorite part of the interview process.

Everyone is doing so great this week!!! I'm so excited for you all.

@No Limits predicted I will matriculate at yale, is this real life

Great!!! Very helpful info. Your app sounds really strong and I bet you'll have your choice of schools... And you'll matriculate at UTSCSA!!

Posted using SDN Mobile
Whoo hoo! I think maybe sunflower does have a crystal ball... there are a multitude of life reasons UTSCSA and living in San Antonio is very much a fit for me - not just career, but four of my best friends (two couples) live there, my fiance has a job already promised to him if we decide to move there... it just looks great!

Reactions: 2 users
Haha, I believe you can my friend. Congrats on Northwestern!!

That would be the dream! And thank you, super excited about it, never been to Chicago before

Everyone is doing so great this week!!! I'm so excited for you all.

Cornell will recognize your awesomeness soon. I guarantee it!

@NoLimits, I hope your prediction is correct. WashU would be awesome.

Thanks you guys! I love the support on this thread.

And now, on to travel arrangements... the least favorite part of the interview process.

That is actually my most favorite part.

Last edited:
Cornell will recognize your awesomeness soon. I guarantee it!

@NoLimits, I hope your prediction is correct. WashU would be awesome.

That is actually my most favorite part.

I hope you're right! :) I can't believe I forgot to predict a school for you... I agree with WashU though, so it's doubly endorsed! :D

I actually like planning the travel too. I don't like thinking about what classes to miss, but there's something so exciting about booking a flight across the country.

Lurker joining the Penguin Army! Primarily b/c you all seem awesome-sauce but also because the tiny superstitious side of me would like some good juju. :)

Don't international students mostly come from Canada or already have medical degrees? it seems almost impossible to get into a US med school from another country. At UCD theres a med student that has her MD equivalent from AUS and she said it was pretty tough even getting into a school here being a doctor already. She was pretty nice, I felt bad that she had to go through another 4 years of learning the same stuff over again, but I guess I understand why they do it.

That is an adorable penguin you have there.

Lurker joining the Penguin Army! Primarily b/c you all seem awesome-sauce but also because the tiny superstitious side of me would like some good juju. :)
Welcome, from someone who joined only like two pages ago! Seriously, if I don't get an II this week, Beethoven might become a penguin too

@hellanutella I was actually starting to get angsty about the photo too!! I was like hmmm... Is my face turning them off? Do I look too flighty? I do, don't I. They won't think I'm a serious doctor!!

But then I got an II from a school with a photo and it was ok :p
Don't worry!

I didn't get an II yet. And I'm beginning to think it's something to do with my face. (I look 13)

Welcome, from someone who joined only like two pages ago! Seriously, if I don't get an II this week, Beethoven might become a penguin too
I'm still holding out with Feynman. The day after I switched I got two II (sort of). I knew the Tulane one was coming.

Aw...you know you want to switch over... ;)
I'm still holding out with Feynman. The day after I switched I got two II (sort of). I knew the Tulane one was coming.
Yeah, I'm holding out hope that I'll get another II before the weekend, then Beethoven will still be there. Although I did find the perfect picture just in case...

Out of curiosity, how did you know you'd be getting a Tulane II? Small pool status, or just a lucky guess?

Yeah, I'm holding out hope that I'll get another II before the weekend, then Beethoven will still be there. Although I did find the perfect picture just in case...

Out of curiosity, how did you know you'd be getting a Tulane II? Small pool status, or just a lucky guess?
The night before I happened to check the portal and it said interview to be scheduled. Lucky coincidence really.

The night before I happened to check the portal and it said interview to be scheduled. Lucky coincidence really.

Oh nice, congrats on the II!! I was wondering b/c I had just added the Tulane secondary this past week as another school to apply at.

I'd love to finish this long silent week out with some wonderful news to take me into my weekend! :)

Oh nice, congrats on the II!! I was wondering b/c I had just added the Tulane secondary this past week as another school to apply at.
Hurry on that secondary. Apparently Interviews are already filled through December. :confused:

It's too quiet this morning :(. It's funny I was happy when I got my first II, but now I'm hoping for some more to feel safer and so far nothing :/

Everybody take a moment out of your day to pay homage to @ProbablyAPenguin, who recently added her MDApps profile to her SDN page. I'm in awe of your success so far, and I cannot wait to hear about your interviews and decisions! Best of luck to you!

Everybody take a moment out of your day to pay homage to @ProbablyAPenguin, who recently added her MDApps profile to her SDN page. I'm in awe of your success so far, and I cannot wait to hear about your interviews and decisions! Best of luck to you!

Aw shucks :rolleyes:

I am incredibly blown away by the number of interviews I have received so far. I am in no way that impressive by myself... so I'm very curious what was in my letters of recommendation lol! I hope to meet many of you irl on the interview trail, where I am sure we will all experience amazing success.

:penguin::pigeon:

Shoutout to @Person0715 on Northwestern AND Sinai! You are dominating NYC!

Aw shucks :rolleyes:

I am incredibly blown away by the number of interviews I have received so far. I am in no way that impressive by myself... so I'm very curious what was in my letters of recommendation lol! I hope to meet many of you irl on the interview trail, where I am sure we will all experience amazing success.

:penguin::pigeon:

Ditto at the LOR thing. When I got an II, it was such a huge relief. One LOR writer approached me shortly after submitting their letter and said: "So you're applying to medical school, correct?" :dead: I thought my app was done for.

Shoutout to @Person0715 on Northwestern AND Sinai! You are dominating NYC!

Ditto at the LOR thing. When I got an II, it was such a huge relief. One LOR writer approached me shortly after submitting their letter and said: "So you're applying to medical school, correct?" :dead: I thought my app was done for.
"Dear Medschool X, hellanutella possesses the outstanding qualities of precision and compassion, which truly sets him up to become a great dentist...."

Oh....

"Dear Medschool X, hellanutella possesses the outstanding qualities of precision and compassion, which truly sets him up to become a great dentist...."

Oh....
"I am glad that hellanutella decided that she wants to be a nurse because I feel her skillets are far mar akin to nursing than medicine."

"I am glad that hellanutella decided that she wants to be a nurse because I feel her skillets are far mar akin to nursing than medicine."
(@hellanutella you are a male right? That's what your MDapps says.) "However it confuses me as to why he took the MCAT if he really stressed to me his desire to become a nurse. I believe he doesn't need that. Anyways, I do strongly agree and support his decision to pursue a degree in nursing."

(@hellanutella you are a male right? That's what your MDapps says.) "However it confuses me as to why he took the MCAT if he really stressed to me his desire to become a nurse. I believe he doesn't need that. Anyways, I do strongly agree and support his decision to pursue a degree in nursing."
I had seen someone say "her". I'm sorry @hellanutella if I'm wrong and offending you :( The whole anonymity thing has me confused :/

I had seen someone say "her". I'm sorry @hellanutella if I'm wrong and offending you :( The whole anonymity thing has me confused :/

It's been anonymized... I'm neither male, East Asian, from Arizona, nor 24 ;) I'm actually one of the womenzfolk – and no offence taken at all! On the Great Wide Interwebs you can assume whatever persona you please! I got you all; I'm actually Liam Neeson impersonating a female premed who is impersonating a male Arizonan premed.

Yup. Really glad I wasn't recommended to become a Registered Nurse Dentist.